Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313676 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ocean56

AOL

#314270 Oct 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
The Supreme Court recognized that women are citizens, and have the same rights to bodily autonomy, personal risk-assessment, and self-defense, as everyone else...even when we are pregnant.
Obviously, you don't, and that's fine.
As it stands, I strongly suggest you never contemplate, seek, or obtain an abortion.
Other than that...abortion is none of your business.
And THAT's what the Supreme Court decided.
Exactly. For me, the prochoice position comes down to just four simple words: let EACH woman decide. As you said, that's what the Supreme Court decided; that EACH woman could make her own decision whether or not to continue a pregnancy.

After 40 years, conservatives -- primarily the male ones -- obviously still can't accept that women are smart enough to make our OWN individual decisions when it comes to sex and reproduction, so they "have to" (in their tiny little minds) have to make them FOR us.@@
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#314271 Oct 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>When my son passed, one of his best friends left this life in search of him in the next one. The same way as that little girl did...she hanged herself. The note she left was very similar...she was convinced it was the only way she was going to see him again, on her own timeline. Her sister found her. Nice, huh?
Happens all the time.
Why do we think there is another life
after death if Jesus brought Lazarus back
from the dead to live this life?
God never speaks but He is here.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#314272 Oct 28, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. For me, the prochoice position comes down to just four simple words: let EACH woman decide. As you said, that's what the Supreme Court decided; that EACH woman could make her own decision whether or not to continue a pregnancy.
After 40 years, conservatives -- primarily the male ones -- obviously still can't accept that women are smart enough to make our OWN individual decisions when it comes to sex and reproduction, so they "have to" (in their tiny little minds) have to make them FOR us.@@
Abortion comes from evil forces that bother us
when a baby is going to be born.
No Relativism

United States

#314273 Oct 28, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Casey Anthony decided that her offspring, Caylee, was an inconvenience at 13 trimesters old.

Why didn't you trust her "individual decision"?
No Relativism

United States

#314274 Oct 28, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Sorry...I know you`re a man, but for some reason I thought the poster was addressing one of our resident lady wiccans....
<quoted text>
cPeterPout: "Sorry, Kathwynn...I know you`re a man, but for some reason..."

No need to apologize. "His" posts do come across as a militant proabort woman.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#314275 Oct 28, 2013
Oh, f**k off, idiot. That`s no argument at all.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Casey Anthony decided that her offspring, Caylee, was an inconvenience at 13 trimesters old.
Why didn't you trust her "individual decision"?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#314276 Oct 28, 2013
Which means they are logical and intelligent, given your difficulty dealing with women in general.

Your post come across as the product of a bitter pre-school dropout.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#314277 Oct 28, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO

You really are a fool.
Priest

Tulsa, OK

#314278 Oct 28, 2013
Federal Judge shot down Texas's new abortion limitations. No clinics will have to shut down. God, I love justice!

http://www.klkntv.com/story/23808865/fed-judg...

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#314279 Oct 28, 2013
Priest wrote:
Federal Judge shot down Texas's new abortion limitations. No clinics will have to shut down. God, I love justice!
http://www.klkntv.com/story/23808865/fed-judg...
A win for the good guys..:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#314280 Oct 28, 2013
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Judge-Expect...

One down, 600-plus to go....and those are just from this year's Congressional Session.

WHAT HAPPENED TO "JOBS, JOBS, JOBS", folks???
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#314281 Oct 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Also, I see you have no comment on the cherub who took her own life, so she could be with her daddy 'in heaven'.
That is one good reason to stop spoon-feeding religion to children. They trust their parents to tell them the truth and they continuously fail. Stop telling them there is an afterlife, there isn't.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#314282 Oct 28, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>That is one good reason to stop spoon-feeding religion to children. They trust their parents to tell them the truth and they continuously fail. Stop telling them there is an afterlife, there isn't.
The biggest lie ever told.
Zip lining

Ardsley, NY

#314283 Oct 28, 2013
Why do atheists spoon feed their children their opinions? God exists and just because they are clueless,doesn't mean their children can't decide for themselves and/or experience and learn about him Gods truth will prevail. He will show himself to all. He created us and he loves us. Our true home sull be in heaven with gum and our loved ones for eternity. There will be no more tears. Only pure happiness :-)

God bless you all!
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#314284 Oct 28, 2013
Zip lining wrote:
Why do atheists spoon feed their children their opinions? God exists and just because they are clueless,doesn't mean their children can't decide for themselves and/or experience and learn about him Gods truth will prevail. He will show himself to all. He created us and he loves us. Our true home sull be in heaven with gum and our loved ones for eternity. There will be no more tears. Only pure happiness :-)
God bless you all!
My kids didn't know I was an atheist until they were old enough to think for themselves. Then, when asked about my thoughts on the subject, I explained that I did not believe in god, jesus, hell, or heaven or satan.

You christians should try that approach instead of making them beg god not to kill them in their sleep when they go to bed. Lord's prayer, my ass. Talk about child abuse!
Texas GOP Goes Down

Monroe, CT

#314285 Oct 28, 2013
ROFLMAO

Monroe, CT

#314286 Oct 28, 2013
Zip lining wrote:
God bless you all!
Oh shut yer yap already. There is no god.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#314288 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Sad, you don't respect others . What a small minded fool you are. Its people like you who tell young kids to do bad things. If anyone is guilty in coercing children into bad behavior is people like you.
Guilt. Guilt and shame...did someone you told the 'heaven' lie to, believe you this much...is your conscience bothering you?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#314289 Oct 28, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not so sure it's even 'mostly male', Ocean. I think there are a lot more women voters who consistently throw their sisters under the bus...we vote more as a bloc than men, and yet these laws are still being passed by our 'Representatives'...so we must be voting for the people writing them.

I have to tell you, it's the young women voting for the first time in this State, who've voted in the majority of neo-conservative Tea Party politicians over the last three election cycles. And frankly, I'm not surprised. The religious right has a VERY firm grip here, and most of the women between 20 and 40, who bother to vote, are rock-of-ages Baptists. I just have to hope the women in the rest of the country are wiser and more able to see the big picture, as regards women's rights in America...because the ones here "Have all the rights they want, and they don't want the right to kill their baby."

Shaking my head...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#314290 Oct 28, 2013
Zip lining wrote:
God bless you all!
Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Don't blame us 'atheists' if your kids decide your 'heaven' would be better than here, and proceed to off themselves,'kay?

Next...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min sonicfilter 1,509,506
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Well Well 8,075
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Mothra 63,572
News 16 Members And Associates Of La Familia Gang Ar... (May '08) 12 hr Hypocrites 305
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun WPWW 20,933
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Sat doG mnaDed lyHo p... 71,273
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Mar 25 jhawki 322

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages