Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313980 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Not Rational

United States

#313867 Oct 20, 2013
NR is suffering from dementia brought on by consuming too much breast milk.
Notorious Retred

United States

#313868 Oct 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Feces posted: "You don't get to decide who is and is not Cathloic."
^^^ An atheist speaking for the Catholic Church.^^^
(You can't make this stuff up....)
Wipe the drool from your chin shifter brains.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#313869 Oct 20, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Gee, fuzznuts, I`m an atheist and was raised catholic. Having been baptized, the church STILL considers me a member.
In point of fact, however, he wasn`t speaking FOR the church, but about it.
<quoted text>
Were you stroking your scrotee while thinking up that post?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#313870 Oct 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
AyaDontKnow: "Well since you're gonna go with stats from an article from 2004..."
You make a lot of (wrong) assumptions.
The study I'm using is 2013 from Pew Research.
http://www.pewresearch.org/key-data-points/u-...
The Catholics used for the study included the nearly 1/5 of "Catholics" who seldom/never attend and the 20% who attend a few times a year (i.e. non-practicing Catholics).
I'm sure the study also included Jews who are not practicing Judaism.
88% of Jews are proaborts (FYI: 72% of religiously unaffiliated Americans are proaborts)
This study indicates 51% of "Catholics" are proaborts
The fact of the matter is: ZERO percent of faithful Catholics are prochoice.
it makes no difference, Catholics have abortions same as any other.

Location hidden

#313871 Oct 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
My story never changes, that's the great thing about telling the truth, since one never has to try and remember their lies.
As far as you being as good as me? You would be sad, if you're not far better than I am. From what you've said in the past you appear to be a very "good" person, but if the price admission to a movie is 20 bucks, it wouldn't matter if you only have 1 dollar, or 19 dollars, because either way you're not getting in.
The price to enter Heaven is Sinless perfection.
Now since we all have sinned, and do sin, that leaves us with a Huge problem!
Yet a problem God has solved, and is offered to us as a free gift.
I have simply accepted that free gift.
That's the difference dear.
You may call me arrogant or whatever, but you know that I'm not when it comes to this,after all how can someone boast about being good enough to enter Heaven, when the ONLY reason they get to go, is because another payed for their ticket.
your story does change. You can't be married in 1990 and be married 25 years. I could understand mixing up the numbers 22 vs 25, but not the years 1987 vs 1990.

Location hidden

#313872 Oct 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you stroking your scrotee while thinking up that post?
were you? You have issues using the proper terms? Scrotee? Seriously?
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#313873 Oct 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
88% of Jewish Americans are proaborts.
Crocodile tears notwithstanding, their pro-death view for innocents seems a bit odd when considering what their ancestors when through during the Holocaust.
Holocaust Lessons For Dummies
Using your method of counting, Pope Pius12 killed more Jews than I did.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#313874 Oct 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Feces posted: "You don't get to decide who is and is not Cathloic."
^^^ An atheist speaking for the Catholic Church.^^^
(You can't make this stuff up....)
Awwwww, Poor crybaby can't deal with the fact that you were wrong. Go cry to your dead god and go eff yourself.

Whoever said I was an atheist, btw?
VoteVets Org

AOL

#313875 Oct 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
They reconcile it by answering the poll. Obviously there are people who consider themselves pro-life yet still don't think the gov't should make such a decision for others.
The discrepancy isn't reconciled simply by virtue of them answering the poll.
If I conduct a poll and 90% of respondents say that in the context of the abortion issue they consider themselves pro choice...and then 90% of the same respondents say they believe abortion should be illegal under all circumstances, the fact that they responded to the poll does not explain the obvious and blatant contradiction.

You're funny. Are you here every day ?
That you want to pretend there is a discrepancy where there is none, is irrelevant.
I'm not pretending that 66% of the people support RvW but only 50% said they were pro choice. That's reality.

People have the right to consider themselves anything they want.
I also have the right to say that based on their answers 16% either don't know what pro choice means...or don't don't know what RvW did/said.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313876 Oct 21, 2013
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
The discrepancy isn't reconciled simply by virtue of them answering the poll.
If I conduct a poll and 90% of respondents say that in the context of the abortion issue they consider themselves pro choice...and then 90% of the same respondents say they believe abortion should be illegal under all circumstances, the fact that they responded to the poll does not explain the obvious and blatant contradiction.
You're funny. Are you here every day ?
<quoted text>
I'm not pretending that 66% of the people support RvW but only 50% said they were pro choice. That's reality.
People have the right to consider themselves anything they want.
I also have the right to say that based on their answers 16% either don't know what pro choice means...or don't don't know what RvW did/said.
Who's pretending? Not I. The polling numbers are what they are.

There is no discrepancy for the people who answered the poll. No one gives a shit if you want to pretend there is. Again, it's not up to you to say who can consider themselves what. You are the only one pretending, pretending that it's for you to say.

I've spoken with people who feel this way. They understand both. They are pro-life, they think abortion is morally wrong, they would never have one themselves, yet they don't think the gov't has the right to make it illegal early term. There is no contradiction just because YOU want an argument with me.

I'm not here every day, but I'd be willing to bet YOU are here just as much as I am. The only difference is that I only post under ONE screen name.
ClaudiaNalab

Targoviste, Romania

#313877 Oct 21, 2013
Hello! I have this incredible opportunity for you to make money online by blogging, you need only 25$ to buy the blogging platform and then I'll help you make lots of money following my plan. Trust me! Send me a friend request on facebook>> https://www.faceboo.com/claudia.nalab
VoteVets Org

Brooklyn, NY

#313878 Oct 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's pretending? Not I. The polling numbers are what they are.
There is no discrepancy for the people who answered the poll. No one gives a shit if you want to pretend there is. Again, it's not up to you to say who can consider themselves what. You are the only one pretending, pretending that it's for you to say.
I've spoken with people who feel this way. They understand both. They are pro-life, they think abortion is morally wrong, they would never have one themselves, yet they don't think the gov't has the right to make it illegal early term. There is no contradiction just because YOU want an argument with me.
I'm not here every day, but I'd be willing to bet YOU are here just as much as I am. The only difference is that I only post under ONE screen name.
If you believe abortion is morally wrong, would never have one yourself, but believe it should remain a legal choice for others, you are pro choice. No two ways about it.
At best minimum of 16 percent of those polled don't know what pro choice means or what RvW did. Either way poll numbers are skewed and like you, can't be trusted.

I was here before you were, though not nearly as often. I was hoping you were here every day. If you were I'd have made a point to be here for the laughs.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313879 Oct 21, 2013
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe abortion is morally wrong, would never have one yourself, but believe it should remain a legal choice for others, you are pro choice. No two ways about it.
At best minimum of 16 percent of those polled don't know what pro choice means or what RvW did. Either way poll numbers are skewed and like you, can't be trusted.
I was here before you were, though not nearly as often. I was hoping you were here every day. If you were I'd have made a point to be here for the laughs.
You don't get to say what they are, and that is a fact.

The true laughs come at the expense of you, Arrogant One.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#313880 Oct 21, 2013
You are not the arbiter of what PLor PC means, moron. It`s a philosophical stance and thus open to interpretation.
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#313881 Oct 21, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You are not the arbiter of what PLor PC means, moron. It`s a philosophical stance and thus open to interpretation.
<quoted text>
Do you ever understand what the word pro-choice means in regards to the abortion issue? It means that you are in favor of a woman having total control over her pregnancy. Most people who cluelessly consider themselves "pro-choice", are in favor of restriction,thus contradicting themselves. They are pro-abortion only before viability actually. Same goes for those who make the ridiculous claim that although they wouldn't choose abortion(at that time anyway)they wouldn't want the choice taken away from others. It's pathetically cowardly at best.

"""Open to interpretation""

Come on really?

Say what you mean, mean what you say. You either support elective abortion or you don't. "Interpretations" are bullsh*t attempts to ease ones conscience. You either think that it's okay to kill or you don't. Period. Nobody cares if you personally choose it for yourself or not.

Makes me laugh at how hard proaborts are trying to justify their barbaric support for killing innocent lives. They somehow feel like humane, decent people when they draw the lines(at restrictions) as if they care.

<<shakes head>>>
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#313882 Oct 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to say what they are, and that is a fact.
The true laughs come at the expense of you, Arrogant One.
Making excuses for ridiculous claims speaks volumes for your proabortion cowardly cause. It reeks with guilt and deceit.

Keep it up though, the true colors always shine through.

;)
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#313884 Oct 21, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>it makes no difference, Catholics have abortions same as any other.
Of course it makes a difference. The point is that these people are not practicing which kinda debunks the intent on behalf of those who were attempting to prove something.

ZERO authentic, practicing Catholic, Chrisitians, Jews, Muslims support abortion as choice.
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#313885 Oct 21, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another militant religionist guy who thinks women are nothing more than mindless baby factories "for God and church." YAWN. Do you really believe you're saying anything new here? I've read this kind of anti-choice, faith-based BULL more times than I care to remember.
Not every woman wants pregnancy or children, "genius." A woman who doesn't want pregnancy or children is just as feminine as the woman who does. She just doesn't have to live by your regressive beliefs and opinions to prove it.
I believe the person was talking about KILLING ones existing children. It is anti-woman,anti-life. It goes against the core of the naural instincts of a woman to care for and protect her flesh and blood.

Don't want a child, don't conceive one. If you did conceive one then you have no right to kill him/her because YOU don't want to mother them. No more or less then Susan Smith or the one who just gave birth in Victoria's secret and killed her unwanted child.
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#313886 Oct 21, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicky works for a Catholic organization. Chicky gets paid by a Catholic organization.
How ironic.
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#313887 Oct 21, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Any anger here involves dealing with self-righteous morons like you, who seek to tell women what to think and do about THEIR pregnancies. So wakey wakey and mind your own business.
<quoted text>
Hmmm....interestingly, your side agree with restrictions regarding THEIR pregnancies(when and why they can abort).

So wakey wakey and tell your fellow proaborts to Mind their own business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min VetnorsGate 1,522,438
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Mon TRD 71,284
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Apr 22 Patty Myers 8,138
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Apr 21 Fitus T Bluster 20,971
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Apr 20 Patriot AKA Bozo 63,620
News Five Key Points From Hartford's Budget Proposal Apr 19 IdiotCamp 1
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Apr 18 Chastity Veasley 48

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages