Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311487 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Judge Marcus

Tulsa, OK

#313839 Oct 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>B-b-b-but...isn't that where those filthy sluts SHOULD be going to do their evil???
"Kill the bitch!!!"....that ever popular battle cry....
(The whole point of the pro-life movement, is "Gestate or Pay!" They just CANNOT imagine the repercussions of forced gestation, because they've convinced themselves that more humans, more humans, and did I mention more humans, is WHAT GOD WANTS.
Anything getting in the way of that, is unacceptable to the so-called 'pro-life'.
Bleh.
Yep. They can't see past the word "pregnant." If you force a woman to carry a child to term you are not doing that child any favors. Everybody wants it born, but nobody has any idea what to with an unwanted kid. They have convinced themselves through the eyes of god that he will be adopted by the Cleavers and grow up to be Pesident. But, it will more than likely be bounced from one home to another until it is old enough to kick to the curb.

Once again, it is more humane to the embryo to end the pregnancy in the first month than to carry it out and dump it on DHS.

God has always been the catalyst for punishment and rage against those who do not obey the "good book."

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313840 Oct 19, 2013
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
No good, sorry. If you consider yourself pro life but still believe abortion should be a legal option for others then you may consider yourself pro life but you are also pro choice. That's what pro choice means.
Yet, if 50% of those polled made a conscious decision to indicate they were pro choice then that means 50% made a conscious decision to indicate they were NOT pro choice. So these 50% are either NOT pro choice or....they do not really know what it means to be pro choice. Either way the poll numbers make no sense.
Nice try.....NOT.
They don't have to make sense to you. I'm sure they make perfect sense to the people who answered. What YOU think is irrelevant.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#313841 Oct 19, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you think that what you leave behind is a product of your conscience?
Of course.. but I'm not ONLY that. The ephemeral and capricious is just as important to life and who we are, as the tangible and solid. Who we are only lasts as long as the memories of those who know us.

JMO
No Relativism

United States

#313842 Oct 19, 2013
NR the Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be burning your useless, turd impacted ass that you can't control them uppity second class females. If you want to gestate something so much then why don't you go f### yourself?
Hater posted: "It must be burning your useless, turd impacted ass that you can't control them uppity second class females."

What class of females were the 2,000 brutally executed in U.S. abortuaries today?
No Relativism

United States

#313843 Oct 19, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Well since you're gonna go with stats from an article from 2004, not that it matters but lets see the percentage of Catholics who support choice from a report in 2004.
"59 percent of all Catholic women of childbearing
age practice contraception—a rate statistically
equivalent to that of the gene ral population (60 
percent). Further, 87 percent  of Catholics think 
abortion should be legal, at l east in some 
circumstances; specifically, 3 3 percent say a woman 
should be able to get an abort ion if she decides she 
wants one, no matter what the  reason (Catholics for 
a Free Choice Report, 2004). C atholic women have 
abortions at the same rate as  women in the 
population as a whole."
Huge difference eh?
AyaDontKnow: "Well since you're gonna go with stats from an article from 2004..."

You make a lot of (wrong) assumptions.

The study I'm using is 2013 from Pew Research.

http://www.pewresearch.org/key-data-points/u-...

The Catholics used for the study included the nearly 1/5 of "Catholics" who seldom/never attend and the 20% who attend a few times a year (i.e. non-practicing Catholics).

I'm sure the study also included Jews who are not practicing Judaism.

88% of Jews are proaborts (FYI: 72% of religiously unaffiliated Americans are proaborts)
This study indicates 51% of "Catholics" are proaborts

The fact of the matter is: ZERO percent of faithful Catholics are prochoice.
Ocean56

AOL

#313844 Oct 20, 2013
Gee wiz Joey wrote:
Such anger displayed by those who have zero respect for human life. Evidently, it can't be tamed. Time to wakey wakey people. You advocate for violence and discrimination against certain humans based on their journey through life while in their temporary,natural living quarters (the womb). Choice to kill your own disrespects a woman as well as her beautiful body. It is a violent act against get own feminity.
A woman who can kill or suggest killing her own flesh and blood as choice,is rotten to her core. Her spirit stinks if filth. Her creator needs to intervene or she will live in total darkness for eternity to come. Thankfully,we have time while on this earth to change our evil ways.
Another militant religionist guy who thinks women are nothing more than mindless baby factories "for God and church." YAWN. Do you really believe you're saying anything new here? I've read this kind of anti-choice, faith-based BULL more times than I care to remember.

Not every woman wants pregnancy or children, "genius." A woman who doesn't want pregnancy or children is just as feminine as the woman who does. She just doesn't have to live by your regressive beliefs and opinions to prove it.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#313845 Oct 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
AyaDontKnow: "Well since you're gonna go with stats from an article from 2004..."
You make a lot of (wrong) assumptions.
The study I'm using is 2013 from Pew Research.
http://www.pewresearch.org/key-data-points/u-...
The Catholics used for the study included the nearly 1/5 of "Catholics" who seldom/never attend and the 20% who attend a few times a year (i.e. non-practicing Catholics).
I'm sure the study also included Jews who are not practicing Judaism.
88% of Jews are proaborts (FYI: 72% of religiously unaffiliated Americans are proaborts)
This study indicates 51% of "Catholics" are proaborts
The fact of the matter is: ZERO percent of faithful Catholics are prochoice.
Hey teabagger, you don't get to decide who is and is not Cathloic.

The fact remains that 28% of those who've had an abortion identify themselves as Catholic.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abo...
Brahms lullaby

Ardsley, NY

#313847 Oct 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
88% of Jewish Americans are proaborts.
Crocodile tears notwithstanding, their pro-death view for innocents seems a bit odd when considering what their ancestors when through during the Holocaust.
Holocaust Lessons For Dummies
Seems like today's Jews who identify themselves as PC are actually slapping those ancestors in the face in the cruelest fashion. What adds insult to injury is that they are their own version of Hitler towards their own flesh and blood.

God help these vicious animals.
Brahms lullaby

Ardsley, NY

#313848 Oct 20, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
PeoplE may not conside themselves pro-choice but still recognize that rhe government should not interfere in peoples` medical decisions. You know, that small governmenT teabaggers keep moaning about?
<quoted text>
Wrong. Executing your child because it's unwanted is not a medical choice that people don't want the gov't involved in. My body,my choice doesn't involve be thinking that I have a right to slaughter my child within my body.
Ben Dover

United States

#313849 Oct 20, 2013
Brahms lullaby wrote:
<quoted text> Seems like today's Jews who identify themselves as PC are actually slapping those ancestors in the face in the cruelest fashion. What adds insult to injury is that they are their own version of Hitler towards their own flesh and blood.
God help these vicious animals.
Talking to yourself NR dumkoff?
Ben Dover

United States

#313850 Oct 20, 2013
Brahms lullaby wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong. Executing your child because it's unwanted is not a medical choice that people don't want the gov't involved in. My body,my choice doesn't involve be thinking that I have a right to slaughter my child within my body.
You're too busy slaughtering your brain cells dumkoff.
Ben Dover

United States

#313851 Oct 20, 2013
Brahms lullaby wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong. Executing your child because it's unwanted is not a medical choice that people don't want the gov't involved in. My body,my choice doesn't involve be thinking that I have a right to slaughter my child within my body.
Shouldn't you be in a church somewhere slurping up Jeezus blood and feasting on Jeezus flesh?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#313852 Oct 20, 2013
Brahms lullaby wrote:
I strongly suggest you never contemplate, seek, or obtain an abortion.

Next...
Gtown71

United States

#313853 Oct 20, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You tell a different story about how long you've been married.
I've lied plenty and what it says is with or without God we're no different. It says I am just as "christian" and "righteous" a person as you are and it says you are not as "christian" and "righteous" as you think you are.
My story never changes, that's the great thing about telling the truth, since one never has to try and remember their lies.

As far as you being as good as me? You would be sad, if you're not far better than I am. From what you've said in the past you appear to be a very "good" person, but if the price admission to a movie is 20 bucks, it wouldn't matter if you only have 1 dollar, or 19 dollars, because either way you're not getting in.

The price to enter Heaven is Sinless perfection.

Now since we all have sinned, and do sin, that leaves us with a Huge problem!

Yet a problem God has solved, and is offered to us as a free gift.
I have simply accepted that free gift.

That's the difference dear.

You may call me arrogant or whatever, but you know that I'm not when it comes to this,after all how can someone boast about being good enough to enter Heaven, when the ONLY reason they get to go, is because another payed for their ticket.
VoteVets Org

AOL

#313854 Oct 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't have to make sense to you. I'm sure they make perfect sense to the people who answered. What YOU think is irrelevant.
I'm sure they make perfect sense to them too. Stupidity always makes sense to the stupid.

But the reality is, no one can ever reconcile 66% believing RvW should NOT be overturned but only 50% saying they are pro choice.

I like your posts. They're good for comic relief.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313855 Oct 20, 2013
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure they make perfect sense to them too. Stupidity always makes sense to the stupid.
But the reality is, no one can ever reconcile 66% believing RvW should NOT be overturned but only 50% saying they are pro choice.
I like your posts. They're good for comic relief.
Obviously they can, since they do.

What's truly amusing is you thinking you get to decide who gets to consider themselves pro-life and pro-choice.

You don't.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#313856 Oct 20, 2013
Ben Dover wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you be in a church somewhere slurping up Jeezus blood and feasting on Jeezus flesh?
Chicky works for a Catholic organization. Chicky gets paid by a Catholic organization.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#313857 Oct 20, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey teabagger, you don't get to decide who is and is not Cathloic.
The fact remains that 28% of those who've had an abortion identify themselves as Catholic.
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abo...
Feces posted: "You don't get to decide who is and is not Cathloic."

^^^ An atheist speaking for the Catholic Church.^^^

(You can't make this stuff up....)
Fred

Pine Ridge, SD

#313858 Oct 20, 2013
All resolved now.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#313859 Oct 20, 2013
The majority of people want RvW to stand, even those who oppose abortion. BTW-you cannot [email protected] a small government that interferes with the medical choices of its people.
Brahms lullaby wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min My New Alias RULES 1,403,604
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 70,827
"OX" cover band from the 70s. (Oct '10) 4 hr Babs 15
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Earthling-1 60,657
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 hr TWP 72,037
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun OMTE 20,386
PZC meeting on firearms store Jul 21 Dogmother 2

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages