Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Jan 22, 2008, Newsday story titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Levittown, PA

#313659 Oct 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Women have the civil right to make their own medical decisions, be they frivolous or deadly serious.
Yes, abortion terminates a pregnancy. Why argue otherwise?
<quoted text>
She wouldn't be pregnant if she wasn't carrying a child. So she gets rid of the fetus and therefore isn't pregnant anymore. You can't kill a prgnancy since it is a condition. You can only kill the child causing the condition.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#313660 Oct 17, 2013
Many catholic businesses employ people who don't adhere to catechism, because businesses need talent, not dogma to survive.

It's your choice not to work for a clinic; it's hers to keep her job.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. I wouldn't work in an abortion clinic for all the money in the world. If she had any scrupples she would not work for an org that she blames for all the ills of the world for all time.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313661 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to the 'hundreds of thousands' of kids before abortion was legal?
You do realize that many abortions still occurred, right, Witless?

Still many unwanted children went to orphanages, and many of those were little more than abusive, neglectful holes in the wall, where the kids were left to rot until they got too old and left or were kicked out.

Take off those rose colored glasses, Naif.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313662 Oct 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I am talking about the word IMPUTING. Did you bang your head a little too hard against the wall?
im∑pute
transitive verb \im-&#712;pyŁt\
: to say or suggest that someone or something has or is guilty of (something)
im∑put∑ed im∑put∑ing
Full Definition of IMPUTE
1: to lay the responsibility or blame for often falsely or unjustly
2: to credit to a person or a cause : attribute <our vices as well as our virtues have been imputed to bodily derangement ó B. N. Cardozo>
ó im∑put∑abil∑i∑ty noun
ó im∑put∑able adjective
Examples of IMPUTE
<people often impute his silence to unfriendliness and not to the shyness it really represents>
Origin of IMPUTE
Middle English, from Anglo-French imputer, from Latin imputare, from in-+ putare to consider
First Known Use: 14th century
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/imp...
Interesting a word from the 1300s has found its way into your doctrines. Kinda like the word Hell, eh?
I put the biblical context up for you. The important thing is he knows what he is talking about and I understand what is meant by the term.

You never will.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313663 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She wouldn't be pregnant if she wasn't carrying a child. So she gets rid of the fetus and therefore isn't pregnant anymore. You can't kill a prgnancy since it is a condition. You can only kill the child causing the condition.
You CAN terminate a pregnancy. Remember, Witless, words have more than one meaning.

Context means nothing to you, does it?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#313664 Oct 17, 2013
They grew up, mostly in poverty, illness, and abuse. You know why? Because the well-off could ALWAYS get a safe, legal abortion. But the question concerned the foster system, didn't it?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to the 'hundreds of thousands' of kids before abortion was legal?
Katie

Seattle, WA

#313665 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't need or want you to correct me. You can try to put a pretty face on abortion but it is ugly business.
So is using false premises in trying to steal one gender's civil rights because you don't like one option available to them.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313666 Oct 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You CAN terminate a pregnancy. Remember, Witless, words have more than one meaning.
Context means nothing to you, does it?
You have to terminate the fetus first, then the condition goes away.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313667 Oct 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
They grew up, mostly in poverty, illness, and abuse. You know why? Because the well-off could ALWAYS get a safe, legal abortion. But the question concerned the foster system, didn't it?
<quoted text>
You don't know any of that.

The foster care system takes care of children whose parents have failed them for some reason. Many times a whole family of kids are in need.

If a woman doesn't have an abortion, it doesn't mean she drops the baby off at the welfare office on her way home.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313668 Oct 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
So is using false premises in trying to steal one gender's civil rights because you don't like one option available to them.
You don't abortion is an ugly business?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313669 Oct 17, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, god authorizes the snuffing out of 1 in 4 pregnancies due to inconvenience.
Stay extreme!
Where does that figure come from and is it a fact or a guess or an estimate?
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#313670 Oct 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
She provides work for remuneration. Why would she quit? You don't have to agree with one's employer.
<quoted text>
She doesn't just disagree with the RCC, she has a deep down hate for God. Doesn't add up as to why she would choose to be employed by them. Sounds hypocritical and phony on her part.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313671 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to terminate the fetus first, then the condition goes away.
Really? So you deny that anyone is a "survivor of a botched abortion"? Good to know.

The fact is that the pregnancy ends when the fetus is REMOVED, not when death occurs. If the fetus dies for some reason isn't naturally expelled, it's known as what? An incomplete spontaneous abortion.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313672 Oct 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Yes, the pregnancy is a problem she needs to get rid of. NOT everyone considers it a child, period--nor do they need to. And yes, you do think you're smarter because you think other women are too stupid to see the fetus as a "developing human child"--even though that is your opinion, not a fact.
<quoted text>
Everything points to me being right.

http://www.today.com/moms/unborn-babies-are-h...

Have you got proof that it isn't a developing child?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313673 Oct 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know any of that.
The foster care system takes care of children whose parents have failed them for some reason. Many times a whole family of kids are in need.
If a woman doesn't have an abortion, it doesn't mean she drops the baby off at the welfare office on her way home.
Of course these things are known. You just don't wish to see them.

You really should get your head out of your ass, and take off those rose colored glasses once in a while.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313674 Oct 17, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> She doesn't just disagree with the RCC, she has a deep down hate for God. Doesn't add up as to why she would choose to be employed by them. Sounds hypocritical and phony on her part.
Don't be ridiculous.

One, you can't hate what you don't believe in.

Two, she's not employed by "God".
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313675 Oct 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Funny, I thought it was the christians who weren't supposed to judge others. And yet, here you are, along with nut and NR.
I don't judge his morality, just his personal affect.
<quoted text>
Sorry don't know what you are talking about. Are you saying that non christians are intolerant and judgemental?
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#313676 Oct 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
And who would have raised all the unwanted children resulting from unwanted pregnancies if those abortions didn't happen? You think the system cold handle hundreds of thousands of these kids a year?
<quoted text>
So you think the "unwanted" deserve a death sentence? There are(planned) children in homes today that feel unwanted and loved. They suffer. Should we put them out of their misery? How about the ones in foster homes/orphanges that will never be so called "wanted". What about them? Kill them all?
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#313677 Oct 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So you deny that anyone is a "survivor of a botched abortion"? Good to know.
The fact is that the pregnancy ends when the fetus is REMOVED, not when death occurs. If the fetus dies for some reason isn't naturally expelled, it's known as what? An incomplete spontaneous abortion.
Pregnancy involves a developing child. When that life dies, the woman is no longer pregnant.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313678 Oct 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL If you remove the fetus, duh, it dies. I swear talking to you is like talking to a block of wood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Grey Ghost 1,221,023
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 27 min Ratloder 69,717
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 56 min Al the Bore Gore 52,903
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr Call Me Juan 19,855
News Fat chance that her guy will ever be happy (Mar '09) Mon Tazo 349
Is Connecticut a part of USA? Mon indianoutlaw 1
TS Tiffany Lord HIV POSITIVE.Beware! Sun rocky1 1
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]