Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310364 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Judge Marcus

Anonymous Proxy

#313495 Oct 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
I walked onto the prison zone the other day, and noticed 4 men who we're clearly up to something, and when they seen me they we're trying to hide something. As I walked closer, one began to say to me "we ain't doing nuthin sarge " "which is what they call all officers, regardless of rank ",as he was throwing something on the floor behind him. I walked over to see what it was, as they all dispersed. It was an empty mustard pack. I kept thinking -what in the world are they using mustard packs for?!?!?
After a few momments I feel like the answer came to me!
They mustard pack, was the decoy. It was employed, so that I would go after it, giving them enough time to get away with their???? Whatever???
It worked very well!
I caused me to shift my focus from what I should have been on, to a little, empty, mustard pack...
Whoa! If you are that gullible you should get into another line of work. An intelligent person would have held them there until he decided they were clean. They now know who is the weakest link.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#313496 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody thinks different but I know that I would take the responsibility for the life I created and if I couldn't keep it I would take the responsibility of seeing that he/she was placed in a good home with loving parents.
Pin a cookie on YOU missy.
Some women responsibly decline to bring another unwanted/unhealthy child into the world.

YOU may believe that's being irresponsible. I don't. Every child should be wanted, by his/her parents.

Can you give me a reason why they shouldn't be?
Cuz a helluva lot of 'em aren't.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#313497 Oct 16, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>natural miscarriage is an oxymoron.
no -'natural' and 'miscarriage' don't contradict each other...'natural miscarriage' is redundant, as miscarriage is a natural process...

just sayin.

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Since: Oct 13

Norvelt

#313498 Oct 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Bottom line -women can legally choose if the life they carry lives or dies.
A choice I wouldn't want any woman to find themselves having to make.
A choice that one wouldn't think would be taken lightly, but looking at the staggering high numbers, can only conclude that far to often, it is.
Considering all the varying deferences in most people's strengths and weaknesses, in view of the numbers of abortions performed, isn't it obvious giving the power of life and death to someone who is not equipped to make that decision seem to be an idea that has proved itself ill advised?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#313499 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes many people are living below the poverty level due to the things you mentioned but no child should starve. There are resources. This country spends almost one hundred billion dollars a year on food assistance, not to mention the money raised by charities.
Joel Berg, a food policy analyst at the Center for American Progress, say this on MSNBC:
I say the reason [the United States is] not Somalia or Haiti or North Korea is the [food stamp] program's working... The reason we don't have mass starvation is this program is helping tens of millions of American families survive....
and you'd love to see it dismantled, as you are convinced that 90% of those families "don't really need it," and that the system is riddled with fraud.

You've said so, many times.

Quit talking out of both sides of your face: you can't claim that no one should starve because there are food stamps available, and also declare your disgust with government food assistance, and still claim to be 'pro-life' when in reality you are anything BUT pro-life.

You're pro fetus. Period.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313500 Oct 16, 2013
The Abstruse Polymath wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering all the varying deferences in most people's strengths and weaknesses, in view of the numbers of abortions performed, isn't it obvious giving the power of life and death to someone who is not equipped to make that decision seem to be an idea that has proved itself ill advised?
The woman is the one whose body is doing the gestating. It is her organ systems that are being used. It is she who faces the possible damage to health and life. She is the only one who should be the one to decide if she will continue taking that risk or not.

Who do YOU think should make such a decision?

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Norvelt

#313501 Oct 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Pin a cookie on YOU missy.
Some women responsibly decline to bring another unwanted/unhealthy child into the world.
YOU may believe that's being irresponsible. I don't. Every child should be wanted, by his/her parents.
Can you give me a reason why they shouldn't be?
Cuz a helluva lot of 'em aren't.
Being dead is a Hell of a lot worse than being unwanted.
-
Tell ya what,... We can do a fun experiment together. You go and try "dead" a while, and I'll go try out "unwanted" then we will meet back here in 18 years and compare notes.

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Norvelt

#313502 Oct 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman is the one whose body is doing the gestating. It is her organ systems that are being used. It is she who faces the possible damage to health and life. She is the only one who should be the one to decide if she will continue taking that risk or not.
Who do YOU think should make such a decision?
I agree wit the idea behind your philosophy, my outlook is centered further back. But I'll get back to that. I don't think anyone should have a life or death decision if they are not qualified to make it.
You see I don't even believe there should be the question of a life/death decision.
I believe in choice, I believe women should have that choice.
But the choice of whether to terminate a potential human, genetically distinct from the mother, or not is a question that doesn't need to be asked.
I believe the choice is whether or not to become pregnant in the first place. I have no qualms about abortion being used in cases of rape or incest, but you want to give the power of life and death to someone, who in the year 2013 in the US of A, can't manage to figure out how to go to Planned Parenthood or a doctor, or clinic in order to prevent becoming pregnant in the first place?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313503 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
I agree wit the idea behind your philosophy, my outlook is centered further back. But I'll get back to that. I don't think anyone should have a life or death decision if they are not qualified to make it.
You see I don't even believe there should be the question of a life/death decision.
I believe in choice, I believe women should have that choice.
But the choice of whether to terminate a potential human, genetically distinct from the mother, or not is a question that doesn't need to be asked.
I believe the choice is whether or not to become pregnant in the first place. I have no qualms about abortion being used in cases of rape or incest, but you want to give the power of life and death to someone, who in the year 2013 in the US of A, can't manage to figure out how to go to Planned Parenthood or a doctor, or clinic in order to prevent becoming pregnant in the first place?
All forms of contraceptive has a failure rate. What of the woman who is using contraceptives properly, and they fail? And please, don't deflect by saying how rare it is, because I'm asking about when it does.

Consent to sex is not automatic consent to carry any resulting pregnancy to term.

What makes incest any different? Are you assuming child molestation in all cases of incest?

You're obviously assuming that it's a snap decision on the part of a woman, and that is something that we just can't assume.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#313505 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Why is the pregnant woman "not equipped to make the decision" determining her pregnancy's outcome?

Does this mean you think the gov't is better equipped to make that decision? The clergy? Or nosy parkers are better equipped to determine the outcomes of women's pregnancies without knowledge of her individual circumstances?
Katie

Seattle, WA

#313506 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
There are over 4M live births annually in the USA.

There are about 1M induced abortions.

Five million annual pregnancies, but the pregnant woman "is not equipped to make that decision" herself?

Who should? You?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#313507 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
-
Tell ya what,... We can do a fun experiment together. You go and try "dead" a while, and I'll go try out "unwanted" then we will meet back here in 18 years and compare notes.
Tell ya what...a more fun experiment would be to see if you could find a corner to pee in, if you were in a standard grain silo...but I wouldn't want the government to mandate that you do it for 18 years just because you wandered in there.

Now then, did you want to discuss reasons why you (or alternatively 'your god') should be the one to decide the outcome of a pregnancy, rather than the woman who faces the following risks
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/healthprob...
by gestating it?

I'm all ears.
Otherwise, since every pregnancy has some risk of problems, it should, in my opinion, be up to that woman, and nobody else, whether or not she accepts those risks, and attempts gestation.

And remember - women attempt gestation FAR more often than abortion. Rates of abortion have been steadily declining for nearly two decades. These are facts.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#313508 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
-
What would an embryo/fetus have for comparison of life? They're incubated in a womb full of amniotic fluid that keeps them anesthized.

In the real world, it's those left to mourn that feel the long lasting effects of death.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313509 Oct 16, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>If the hospital lined infants up and shot them, you would be soooo happy, you are a sick freak.
You are a liar.

And since YOU are the one who fantasizes about babies being raped by demons, YOU are the sick freak.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#313510 Oct 16, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>If the hospital lined infants up and shot them, you would be soooo happy, you are a sick freak.

Believe whatever you want about me...especially if it helps you dream about this:

https://www.google.com/search...
Katie

Seattle, WA

#313511 Oct 16, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
Your thoughts/fantasies, as put down here in your posts, are truly imbalanced. You dream of demons raping newborns, shooting newborns as a "happy" occasion, but you dare call yourself prolife? That is what's freaky.

Get some help, talk therapy, medication, whatever it takes. But please, quit unleashing your perversions on the rest of us.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#313512 Oct 16, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
Yet you are the one who always seems to author these sick and twisted scenarios.
Judge Marcus

Tulsa, OK

#313514 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
You should change your screen name to "The Obutse Polymath"

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313515 Oct 16, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Aww, bhitler, you do make me ill and I just had supper. Lets go way back, chicky has two grandkids who will be taught to hate God, these kids will soon be ADULTS who, will be like chicky, if they don't find the light, they will end up in hell like their granny AND YOU. NOTHING is more insidious than killing a defenseless unborn child. You are the queen of filth.
Oh, no, Liar, that would be YOU. Your sick fantasies are well known here. You spoke of BABIES being raped by demons, you sick fnck. It's far too late to pretend otherwise.
Judge Marcus

Tulsa, OK

#313516 Oct 16, 2013
Judge Marcus wrote:
<quoted text>You should change your screen name to "The Obutse Polymath"
**Obtuse**, but I think you get it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min sonicfilter 1,264,208
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr budd 54,342
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr TN Voter 20,083
News Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) 12 hr Neil SS Bluesfest 151
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 hr scirocco 70,147
News Dining Detour: Restaurants near Nassau Coliseum (Jan '09) Fri Joan 12
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Jul 31 psuzanne790 47
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages