Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#313444 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Those foster kids, most of the time are not adoptable. Most have parents and families and haven't been taken away permanently. When and if they do become available many are adopted by their foster families. God bless the people.</QUOTE> Did you not see this sentence?
"According to Adopt America there are 130,000 children in the U.S. foster care system WAITING TO BE ADOPTED."
[QUOTE who="Ink"]<quoted text>Why should a child have to be either aborted or dumped? There are so many other options.</QUOTE>What other options do you mean? An unwanted child is either aborted or put up for adoption. Am I missing something?
[QUOTE who="Ink"]<quoted text>I assume you wanted to have your own babies and did, so I think it is disengenuious to berate other folks who want the same, a baby.
You are not using your reading comp skills. I do have two kids, and both were planned. What does that have to with UNWANTED kids? If anybody wants to have a family that's their right. I'm just saying that if a woman gets pregnant and does NOT want the child it would be more humane to abort it in the first month than "dump" it on child services where it may not get adopted.
You have to admit, the system if full of kids who will never be adopted.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313445 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, where do you find disagreement with her opinion? Show me that you aren't in lockstep with the pro abort talking points.
I didn't even read it.

There is no "lockstep" among pro-choicers.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313446 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure it is all correct in her mind. That is what is astonishing.
Ah, so YOU are going to ignore it too. Figures.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313447 Oct 16, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?? This link is "pro abort dogma"?
Debating and commenting on various points becomes "pro abort dogma" to you and you wonder why people call you an extremist??
I see now that you will go to any lengths to support your position,, including the misrepresentation of what a website, you don't agree with or approve of, says. Then you tell us that this website (which you feel like callling dogma) is what we follow? That is extreme.
I asked Bit what she would disagree with and I'll ask you too.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313448 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, "makes the decision" to kill the child. What's different?
Nope. Makes the decision to end the pregnancy.

Get back to me when you can be honest enough to respond to what I'm really saying, instead of spinning it to suit, okay Witless?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#313449 Oct 16, 2013
Deathbed? Been there, done that. Your god never came up. Perfectly at peace with my life.

Try again.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed that you don't have free will. I just poinited out abuse of free will has consequences - in this life, and eternally.
You have a God-given right not to believe in God.
You will be one of those people who lived a life filled with debauchery and exhibit pathetic deathbed behavior. All mouthy and tough until the reality of death gets real.
Have it your way.
Good luck with that....
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313450 Oct 16, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide me with your fundie playbook as well?
Sure, I'm not a fundie but I'll do my best. It's a baby and it is wrong to kill babies.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313451 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the only one on this thread who doesn't believe that the fetus being carried by a human mother is a human being?
Who knows? Who cares? I don't have to have company in my position in order to feel validated, as so many on your side do.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#313452 Oct 16, 2013
Ink
I answered the first two points but I guess I messed it up because it didn't break it down this time. Just read the quoted portion to your post above.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313453 Oct 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know of children that don't have enough food, for God's sake report it and have social services get them what they need.
What are you babbling about?

Oh, nevermind, you realize you said something stupid again.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#313454 Oct 16, 2013
The Abstruse Polymath wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply because something has entered the lexicon in error, does not make it less wrong. A perfect example would be how the definition of "literally" now includes the exact opposite, "figuratively", hence you FAIL.
It was not in error. You are.
King Edward II

United States

#313455 Oct 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You really NEED to put something up my ass, dontcha?
Sorry, but I don`t date outside my species.
<quoted text>
You're receptive to having things put up your ass, and what happened to me will soon happen to you. Are you prepared?
King Edward II

United States

#313456 Oct 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Deathbed? Been there, done that. Your god never came up. Perfectly at peace with my life.
Try again.
<quoted text>
This time there will be no bed. Just a red hot poker and you'll be screaming for god.

Indianapolis

#313457 Oct 16, 2013
A human toe is not a human being. A DNA test determines genetic origin, not whether it came from a viable entity.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
NR: Are "a human" (noun) and "a human being" synonyms?
bHitler: "It's not a yes or no question."
_______
As I've asked multiple times before, if the answer can be "no" please provide a legitimate site to support your contention.
Remember, you denied pulling your statement from your arse. So, show us your source that corroborates your claim that "a human" (noun) and "a human being" are not synonyms.
TIA.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313458 Oct 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't even read it.
There is no "lockstep" among pro-choicers.
LOL oh Bit does this sound familiar?

Before going further, we need to clarify and interpret some anti-choice language. First, anti-choicers often confuse the adjective "human" and the noun "human being," giving them the same meaning. I am struck by the question they often put to pro-choicers: "But isn't it human?" —as if we secretly think a fetus is really a creature from outer space. If you point out that a fetus consists of human tissue and DNA, anti-choicers triumphantly claim you just conceded it's a human being. Now, a flake of dandruff from my head is human, but it is not a human being, and in this sense, neither is a zygote[3]. Anti-choicers will respond that a fertilized egg is not like dandruff, because the fertilized egg consists of a unique set of chromosomes that makes it a separate human being. But with cloning, a cell from my dandruff is enough to create a new human being. Although it would have my identical genetic make-up, it would still be a unique individual, because human beings are much more than our genes (I'll expand on this point later). Also, both a fertilized egg and a cloned cell represent a potential, not an actual human being. It’s a worn cliché, but it bears repeating—an acorn isn’t an oak tree and the egg you had for breakfast isn’t a chicken.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313459 Oct 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you babbling about?
Oh, nevermind, you realize you said something stupid again.
You don't know any or you didn't choose to help?

Indianapolis

#313460 Oct 16, 2013
Since every pregnancy is potentially fatal, that would be 100%. Every woman gets to decide if the risk is worth the result--and if the result is worth the risk.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I also care for women who's lives are in danger, BUT out of all of the abortions performed, how many do you think are for that reason?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313461 Oct 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Makes the decision to end the pregnancy.
Get back to me when you can be honest enough to respond to what I'm really saying, instead of spinning it to suit, okay Witless?
Ends the fetuses life. That my dear, is honest.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#313462 Oct 16, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>You are not using your reading comp skills. I do have two kids, and both were planned. What does that have to with UNWANTED kids? If anybody wants to have a family that's their right. I'm just saying that if a woman gets pregnant and does NOT want the child it would be more humane to abort it in the first month than "dump" it on child services where it may not get adopted.
You have to admit, the system if full of kids who will never be adopted.
Why would you dump it on 'child services'? There are plenty of people waiting to adopt. You're child would have a home in a minute, if not before it is even born.
Judge

Fremont, CA

#313463 Oct 16, 2013
Like it or not, the bottom line is, women can abort a pregnancy and it is perfectly legal, and that will never change. Deal with it. Live with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min The Donald_ 1,405,042
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 60,662
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 hr Ize Found 70,836
Woman Stabbed, Man Shot Within Hours Of One Ano... (Aug '09) 18 hr TorresHtfdCt 95
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) 20 hr Chaimpie 93
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 22 hr stupid republicans 20,391
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Tue silly rabbit 81

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages