Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309941 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#313074 Oct 11, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text> But remember. You're making the law. Actually, that's what Roe v Wade does. The future human gains consideration as the pregnancy progresses.
It's actually States which accord fetuses that consideration, on a State by State basis...the RvW decision doesn't demarcate where or when a State may decide to declare its interest in the fetus. It precludes States from interfering in a woman's privacy, relative to her pregnancy, and her medical/reproductive choices, but affirms that States may still have an interest in the fetus. That's it.

Just saying....
MIA Dad

Bronx, NY

#313078 Oct 11, 2013
For what it's worth,I do believe "Dated info". I'm married to a health care provider. Granted,it's not something that we're readily prone to believe but nevertheless,it's fact.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#313080 Oct 11, 2013
MIA Dad wrote:
For what it's worth,I do believe "Dated info". I'm married to a health care provider. Granted,it's not something that we're readily prone to believe but nevertheless,it's fact.
What's fact? Could you have been a bit more clear??

I'm married to a cabinet maker - doesn't preclude me from knowing the truth about my abortion. For the record, I've never regretted it, and in the same circumstances, I would do it again.

Claiming to be 'in the business' is almost as vague as saying 'I do believe Dated Info'... not to put too fine a point on it, but about what??

Try again?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313081 Oct 11, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink..."You dance around naked in the moonlight and have actual or imitated sexual acts as some religious rite and I am the extremist?"
That was meant as a put-down, and we both know it.
I also notice that you did not address my remarks about the shallow insults about her personal/physical appearance that she endures on here constantly...coming from those oh-so-loving-Christlike Christians. And you actually think being called an extremist compares with that kind of abuse?
I did comment on that and said it was wrong to do.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313082 Oct 11, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
Damn autocorrect
Let us know when you find the end of the earth.
The point was that if I used that term today, it would mean the same thing it meant in 30 AD.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313084 Oct 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Okay, I know you haven't said those things...but you haven't spoken out against it either. So now who is supposed to come to your defense for being called an extremist?
Maybe I am at fault but I usually scroll by the distasteful remarks and choose not to interact with that particular poster.

I always expect to defend myself when neccessary.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#313085 Oct 11, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>The Earth "hangs" in space through a system of forces.
I know. It is a perfect situation.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#313086 Oct 11, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I have to laugh at you pro aborts,
Of course you do...nervous laughter, as opposed to your usual shrieking in fear and apprehension. It's progress, however slight.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>the Church never has treated women *less than* ever,
The 'church' is built on the idea that women are secondary, sexually suspect, and subservient to men. That's no secret. Why are you so intent on denying the truth?
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> if you think you have been,
Why would I think that? The church's opinions are irrelevant to my life.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> then you really have a huge problem with being shallow minded.
Coming from someone whose intellect could swim laps in a gob of spit, that's pretty friggin funny.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> If you have ever studied Catholicism, you would know women are far from being second class.
I already know that, slugger. Catholicism has been mightily attempting to affirm that we (and children, other than fetal 'children') ARE second class for nearly 2000 years. Blatant and craven denial of that fact, is the last bastion of the perception of sanity, for Catholics.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> Women who are for abortion are actually slaves to culture,
Women who are for abortion, are pregnant, and don't want to be. Twas ever thus, in every culture.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> they cannot ever think of respecting an unborn child,
Horrendous pile of bullshit: I respected all, and survived to deliver two, of my unborn children.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> that women are so important,
We're every bit as important as anyone else.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> that they give birth to the future of this Country, that they are so honored in giving life. Yes, we give life and bring forth the future. Being free is being part of the culture of life, not the culture of death.
I'm pro-life...therefore, I'm pro-choice.

Suck it.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313087 Oct 11, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you do...nervous laughter, as opposed to your usual shrieking in fear and apprehension. It's progress, however slight.
<quoted text>The 'church' is built on the idea that women are secondary, sexually suspect, and subservient to men. That's no secret. Why are you so intent on denying the truth?
<quoted text>Why would I think that? The church's opinions are irrelevant to my life.
<quoted text>Coming from someone whose intellect could swim laps in a gob of spit, that's pretty friggin funny.
<quoted text>I already know that, slugger. Catholicism has been mightily attempting to affirm that we (and children, other than fetal 'children') ARE second class for nearly 2000 years. Blatant and craven denial of that fact, is the last bastion of the perception of sanity, for Catholics.
<quoted text>Women who are for abortion, are pregnant, and don't want to be. Twas ever thus, in every culture.
<quoted text>Horrendous pile of bullshit: I respected all, and survived to deliver two, of my unborn children.
<quoted text>We're every bit as important as anyone else.
<quoted text>I'm pro-life...therefore, I'm pro-choice.
Suck it.
"Coming from someone whose intellect could swim laps in a gob of spit, that's pretty friggin funny."

Oh, what a beautiful thing this is, truly. LOL!
lmnop

Toms River, NJ

#313088 Oct 11, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>It's actually States which accord fetuses that consideration, on a State by State basis...the RvW decision doesn't demarcate where or when a State may decide to declare its interest in the fetus. It precludes States from interfering in a woman's privacy, relative to her pregnancy, and her medical/reproductive choices, but affirms that States may still have an interest in the fetus. That's it.
Just saying....
Who's the guy in your avatar? Looks a lot like Steve Buscemi.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#313089 Oct 11, 2013
lmnop wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's the guy in your avatar? Looks a lot like Steve Buscemi.
Wrong gender, wrong casting, wrong series.

It's Gemma Teller, Sons Of Anarchy...not Nucky Thompson, Boardwalk Empire.

I suggest an eye exam, forthwith...

Next...
Gtown71

United States

#313090 Oct 11, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already found truth, and no I have not called on "any man" to find it.
You are the one who keeps focusing on the trivial here.
Well, although "man" can know truth, I would hope you wouldn't need to call upon any "man" to find TRUTH.
Gtown71

United States

#313091 Oct 11, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Blood is sacred.
Only the Catholic church follows Christ.
The mass is the last supper.
The communion is blessed.
Bread from heaven.
Sorry, but just noticed you left out the word "rarely" which should have went between church and follows, in your post.

Hope that helps :)
Gtown71

United States

#313092 Oct 11, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Who gives a shlt.
Only those who have the indwelling Holy Spirit,or those who are under God's Holy Conviction, about receiving the indwelling Holy Spirit. All others could care less.
Gtown71

United States

#313093 Oct 11, 2013
<quoted text>
They are hypocrites...plain and simple.
I've already said many times that I'm one woman, so what's new?

Ps - I said Hello back to you, the other day :)

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#313094 Oct 11, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I have to laugh at you pro aborts, the Church never has treated women *less than* ever, if you think you have been, then you really have a huge problem with being shallow minded. If you have ever studied Catholicism, you would know women are far from being second class. Women who are for abortion are actually slaves to culture, they cannot ever think of respecting an unborn child, that women are so important, that they give birth to the future of this Country, that they are so honored in giving life. Yes, we give life and bring forth the future. Being free is being part of the culture of life, not the culture of death.
And the Oscar goes to!!!!!!
Anonymous

Orange, CA

#313095 Oct 12, 2013
OH ---LIKE RIDING , BIKER ! SHARE A GREAT BIKER DATING SITE http://goo.gl/IqDi3S
Ocean56

AOL

#313096 Oct 12, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
I have to laugh at you pro aborts, the Church never has treated women *less than* ever, if you think you have been, then you really have a huge problem with being shallow minded. If you have ever studied Catholicism, you would know women are far from being second class. Women who are for abortion are actually slaves to culture, they cannot ever think of respecting an unborn child, that women are so important, that they give birth to the future of this Country, that they are so honored in giving life. Yes, we give life and bring forth the future. Being free is being part of the culture of life, not the culture of death.
Yeah, Knutter, we know you've bought the Catholic Church CON JOB hook, line, and sinker.

Just because YOU have bought the Church's propaganda concerning women being "far from second class" doesn't mean I have to buy it. The Church's continued ban on the use of reliable contraception to PREVENT unwanted pregnancy tells me exactly what the Church thinks of women; mindless baby factories "for God and church." Obviously, you like being one. Knock yourself out.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#313097 Oct 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, although "man" can know truth, I would hope you wouldn't need to call upon any "man" to find TRUTH.
And again, I did not.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#313098 Oct 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already said many times that I'm one woman, so what's new?
Ps - I said Hello back to you, the other day :)
You've also referred many times to your wife. Make up your mind...

Just sayin'....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min THE DEVIL 1,234,191
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min jimi-yank 53,491
News Police say Conn. pastor's shooting may be linke... 3 hr Reverend Alan 12
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 11 hr TRD 70,035
News Protesters Fight Deportation of Army Veteran Fr... 23 hr Mag 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) May 26 Bam 19,928
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) May 26 hrichard91 37
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]