Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 315213 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312971 Oct 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I had the wrong rite.
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#312861 Yesterday
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink cherry picks. All extremists do.
You dance around naked in the moonlight and have actual or imitated sexual acts as some religious rite and I am the extremist?
And what was my response? I asked you who says I dance naked in the moonlight? You then asked isn't that a Wiccan rite, and I said no. Correct?

Dancing naked in the moonlight is not the Great Rite.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312973 Oct 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And what was my response? I asked you who says I dance naked in the moonlight? You then asked isn't that a Wiccan rite, and I said no. Correct?
Dancing naked in the moonlight is not the Great Rite.
I said I have the wrong rite. You are the expert.
X Xtian

Niantic, CT

#312974 Oct 9, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
"She has to expect at some point, a human being, even a Christian will fight back and her calling me an extremist was too much."
I have already crushed bitner and left her scarred for life.
Your balls have been removed from your groin and fed to you while you begged for mercy.
X Xtian

Niantic, CT

#312975 Oct 9, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up, boy, or you will get your genitals chucked in the bin, worthless effeminate little boy.
Shush my bich and get back to work on my jewels. It's time for your daily protein shake so open wide.
VoteVets Org

Brooklyn, NY

#312978 Oct 9, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>When the members of any given organized religion use their own dogma and scripture as the basis for the common law, they are abusing the privilege of being legislators. JMO.
Agree. Nothing to do with what I said however. You don't need to belong to any organized religion to have core beliefs.
All laws/legislation reflect some person or persons core beliefs.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#312979 Oct 9, 2013
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. Nothing to do with what I said however. You don't need to belong to any organized religion to have core beliefs.
All laws/legislation reflect some person or persons core beliefs.
I don't think she knows what religious dogma means. If she did she would see that it couldn't possibly have any influence in a secular democratic country.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#312981 Oct 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard the term 'the four corners of the earth' any place other than the bible? I have and I didn't think it meant the earth was square.
And I disagree.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312982 Oct 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So was her statement calling me an extremist. I admit ignorance of Wiccan rites and rituals. If she doesn't practice "The Great Rite' I believe her.
You admit your ignorance now, but I think we all know you didn't care because it was meant solely as an insult and a put-down. And so you do the very thing you complain about others doing to you.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312983 Oct 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a lot of patience with Bitner and her name calling. Every post to me is insulting but I usually don't answer back in kind. She has to expect at some point, a human being, even a Christian will fight back and her calling me an extremist was too much.
Bitner puts up with a lot of personal abuse on here. Do you have anything to say about the childish insults she endures about her appearance? Do you think it's okay that people on here insult her about looks and go so far as to insult her daughters as well? And you think being called an extremist compares with those kinds of abusive insults?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#312984 Oct 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the opinion of people far more learned than you and I.
The keyword being "opinion".

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#312986 Oct 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If we are talking about the four corners of the earth today and we do use that phrase, are we talking about a square world?
Of course not. But the Bible isn't implying the earth was square just as it was not implying it was round. Why in the world would the Bible contradict itself and confuse us like that?
If history serves me correctly, I believe the Catholic Church was in opposition to the Queen for supporting the idea and the adventure of discovery for the very reason that the Bible said "edges of the earth".

Location hidden

#312987 Oct 9, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I disagree.
The Catholic Church certainly thought it did.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#312988 Oct 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I know
pagan-network.org
I must admit that I can't for the life of me understand why people who don't want to practice Wicca as it's described in the standard books on Wicca (Gardner, Farrar, et al) call themselves Wiccan.
Gee, I guess you don't understand deviation from the 'original iteration' of a religion, ergo, you don't understand why there are 600+ sects of Christianity itself? Lutheranism, Quakerism, Orthodoxy, Mormonism....any of these ring a bell?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And so I can't for the life of me understand why there's a great objection among some to the Great Rite -- or, come to that, working skyclad.
For one thing, working skyclad is not a requirement for ritual, but an individual preference...and for another, some Wiccans live where it's frigging COLD!!
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
But, whatever one's view, I do think it sad that people who profess an interest in Wicca are unable to conceive of a sacred rite which includes sex: that, after all, is one of the MOST sacred acts.
Sex is always sacred...it's also a LOT of fun. Also, many Christian churches don't offer communion. Methodists and Anglicans, for a couple examples. Wrap your head around that.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Farrer and Farrer are a little prim on this point, it has to be said. In traditional Wicca, the participants in the Great Rite do NOT have to be married/handfasted/already having sex with each other; if that were the case, then the third degree proper would very rarely be taken.
In traditional Christianity, Christmas was not celebrated until the later part of the 13th century. Try again?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
But the Rite has to be between a priestess and priest who are acting AS the Goddess and God -- i.e,, it really isn't a rite to be conducted by anyone who doesn't know what they're doing -- which is why it's usually reserved for initiates of the third degree.
Quit pretending you didn't cut and paste this, or that you know what the hell you're referencing as applied to the individual practice of Wicca.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it's also worth mentioning that one of the reasons Wicca was not found to be particularly friendly to homosexual women and men is that it insists on the actual polarity of female and male within rites (even when the Great Rite is NOT being enacted there is a raising of power).
A 'raising of power' from the co-mingling of the male and the female auras, is no more or less effective or important to a Wiccan rite than is the coven. The two are just different manifestations of The Source.

Next...
andriah

United States

#312991 Oct 9, 2013
andriah here looking some friend here can you add me on skype.. from los angeles 22 skype: andy_guyseeker
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#312993 Oct 9, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, I guess you don't understand deviation from the 'original iteration' of a religion, ergo, you don't understand why there are 600+ sects of Christianity itself? Lutheranism, Quakerism, Orthodoxy, Mormonism....any of these ring a bell?
<quoted text>For one thing, working skyclad is not a requirement for ritual, but an individual preference...and for another, some Wiccans live where it's frigging COLD!!
<quoted text>Sex is always sacred...it's also a LOT of fun. Also, many Christian churches don't offer communion. Methodists and Anglicans, for a couple examples. Wrap your head around that.
<quoted text>In traditional Christianity, Christmas was not celebrated until the later part of the 13th century. Try again?
<quoted text> Quit pretending you didn't cut and paste this, or that you know what the hell you're referencing as applied to the individual practice of Wicca.
<quoted text>A 'raising of power' from the co-mingling of the male and the female auras, is no more or less effective or important to a Wiccan rite than is the coven. The two are just different manifestations of The Source.
Next...
Blood is sacred.
Only the Catholic church follows Christ.
The mass is the last supper.
The communion is blessed.
Bread from heaven.
Ocean56

AOL

#312998 Oct 10, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
You know Ink, you can be a real bitch on here sometimes, and if that comment makes you whine all the more...I don't care. It's sickening how you supposed Christians go on about all your Jesus bullshit out one side of your mouths and then you run people down every chance you get out of the other side of your mouths...and then you have the nerve to act like crybabies and complain about everyone else being insulting or bigots. Oh boo hoo hoo you poor poor Christians, but you don't mind acting like snarky bitches when it suits you though.
Exactly. They constantly piss and moan about so-called "christian persecution" ANY time one of us gives them (Knutter/sASSy/Ink/NR) a dose of well-deserved criticism, but have absolutely NO problem ragging on anyone who they disapprove of. Obviously, it's only "persecution" when THEY are being criticized.

And they wonder why almost nobody here respects them. Go figure.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#312999 Oct 10, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Of course not. But the Bible isn't implying the earth was square just as it was not implying it was round. Why in the world would the Bible contradict itself and confuse us like that?
If history serves me correctly, I believe the Catholic Church was in opposition to the Queen for supporting the idea and the adventure of discovery for the very reason that the Bible said "edges of the earth".
Job and Deuteronomy speak about "the ends of the Earth" a handful of times.
foretold

AOL

#313000 Oct 10, 2013

coming Global Awakening_______

Fantastic voyage

Springfield, NJ

#313001 Oct 10, 2013
The Holy Spirit will open up our minds and heart to the truth. Gods word is easy to understand if you allow the spirit to guide your thought-understanding process. Otherwise,you will not comprehend it as written. It's complex to those who are seeking truth. The phrases (i.e.the ends of the earth or every corner)are being taking out of context,thus changing their original meaning. I fear those doing this are just copy and pasting for their own agenda but are missing the truth. Be serious about it(in other words-learn,educate yourself about this Love story of God)or you will continue to bang your head against the wall in frustration at your confusion.

With all due respect,I was once there as well. I don't judge your ignorance,I just want you to understand that there is sanity and truth in the word of God when you are ready. I fought it as well( for my own personal reasons that had to do with my dysfunctional family lacking in a spiritual life,leaving me hopeless UNTIL I ended up on my knees in tears at the senseless existence I was living. Pray tell,I did have my good days but it didn't seem to make up for the void).

Location hidden

#313004 Oct 10, 2013
Fantastic voyage wrote:
The Holy Spirit will open up our minds and heart to the truth. Gods word is easy to understand if you allow the spirit to guide your thought-understanding process. Otherwise,you will not comprehend it as written. It's complex to those who are seeking truth. The phrases (i.e.the ends of the earth or every corner)are being taking out of context,thus changing their original meaning. I fear those doing this are just copy and pasting for their own agenda but are missing the truth. Be serious about it(in other words-learn,educate yourself about this Love story of God)or you will continue to bang your head against the wall in frustration at your confusion.
With all due respect,I was once there as well. I don't judge your ignorance,I just want you to understand that there is sanity and truth in the word of God when you are ready. I fought it as well( for my own personal reasons that had to do with my dysfunctional family lacking in a spiritual life,leaving me hopeless UNTIL I ended up on my knees in tears at the senseless existence I was living. Pray tell,I did have my good days but it didn't seem to make up for the void).
Great, you and Gtown will get along just fine. No one is saying the Bible literally describes the earth as square just as it does not literally describe the earth is round in Isaiah 40:22. So thanks for your expert opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Julia 1,564,128
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr WPWW 20,966
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Thu jjbowler300 54
News What is Being Done About the Fentanyl Crisis in CT Jul 18 Gavone 11
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Jul 17 Standing up to DCF 86
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Jul 13 John 63,930
Why are puerto ricans so lazy & don't work? (Nov '13) Jul 13 LaLa Land 9

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages