Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310175 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Levittown, PA

#312811 Oct 7, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one of the definitions of the word Myth, Ink. To describe a natural occurrence. Did you miss that part when it was C&Ped AND linked for you the other day?
Another refresher for you:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
I certainly understand the 'myth' of Noah's Ark it was the devastating flood that I questioned being called a myth when there is strong evidence that it occurred. I don't often miss much.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#312812 Oct 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow me. If every woman has the legal right to kill her own fetus, then every fetus is in danger of being killed. Every man woman and child runs the risk of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and being killed. Random shootings, reckless driving, angering someone unstable all possible ways to meet your maker at someone else's call.
So YOU would have made the decision to have an abortion when pregnant?

See, you are the one who cannot follow along. It's not a question of if every woman COULD, but if every woman WOULD. Unless 100% of all women would make such a decision about her own pregnancy, then not 100% of all fetuses face such a possibility. Get it NOW, Witless?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#312813 Oct 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I did pass because it was a pretty snarky question that had nothing to do with the subject. But yes the definintion from the fifties and sixties and seventies and eighties and nineties has been changed to include same sex marriage in the dictionary. Do I believe that God was involved? Yes, I believe that He is involved in everything.
Uh-huh....

Do you believe God is involved in abortion and same-sex marriage?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312814 Oct 7, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
There was nothing snarky about my post.
And I resent you saying there was.
To add, I was not including the 1960s-1990s.*You* did that in an erroneous attempt to confirm your own beliefs.
You have been proven wrong, even by dictionary standards. When are you going to admit this?
I will gladly admit it when you show it to me in a dictionary that hasn't been updated to include same sex marriage. But what is the difference anyway as same sex marriage is included now.

I'm sorry that you were offended by my comment but I found your adlib about women being expected to be wives and mothers as though that was something bad or subservient condesending. My dictionary didn't suggest the roles played by the spouses. I guess they assumed that men and women would work that out for themselves. I know I did.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#312815 Oct 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly understand the 'myth' of Noah's Ark it was the devastating flood that I questioned being called a myth when there is strong evidence that it occurred. I don't often miss much.
Ink, I dont think people were disputing the possibility of flooding.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312816 Oct 7, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why were they arguing with me? All I said was that there is scientific evidence that there was a catastrophic flood around the same time that the Bible says there was.

Now we can move on I hope.
island brown

Los Angeles, CA

#312817 Oct 7, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not loved by your father, mother, nor your husband.
Spoken from a man who sees nothing wrong desiring and lusting after under aged girls. Get help honey!
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312818 Oct 7, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Uh-huh....
Do you believe God is involved in abortion and same-sex marriage?
I believe that He gave us the ability to behave as we want.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312819 Oct 7, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
So YOU would have made the decision to have an abortion when pregnant?
See, you are the one who cannot follow along. It's not a question of if every woman COULD, but if every woman WOULD. Unless 100% of all women would make such a decision about her own pregnancy, then not 100% of all fetuses face such a possibility. Get it NOW, Witless?
Queen of semantics.

If you were in a hopeless situation, maybe dying of cancer, would you have an abortion if pregnant? Maybe that woman who would never have an abortion, would under the right circumstances. I think many women who have had abortions saw no other out and I think when their life got better they regretted their decision.

That's why it is so important to pray. So many times you find the answers you need to get through a tough time.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#312820 Oct 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why were they arguing with me? All I said was that there is scientific evidence that there'd was a catastrophic flood around the same time that the Bible says there was.
Now we can move on I hope.
Because we have all been posting here for so long and have divided ourselves into a "my side" "your side" way of speaking to each other.

Couldnt we all try to get along better even though we disagree on various issues? I'd like to say I've made an effort to get along with you, but I just can't stand some of the BS that sassy and Peggy post here.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#312821 Oct 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Queen of semantics.
If you were in a hopeless situation, maybe dying of cancer, would you have an abortion if pregnant? Maybe that woman who would never have an abortion, would under the right circumstances. I think many women who have had abortions saw no other out and I think when their life got better they regretted their decision.
That's why it is so important to pray. So many times you find the answers you need to get through a tough time.
"Queen of semantics."

LOL, oh, the irony of this coming from you. Aren't you whining about a change (non-existent) in the meaning of the word "marriage", Wiltess?

Stop projecting.

You didn't answer the question. Would YOU ever/have considered having an abortion?
Katie

Kent, WA

#312823 Oct 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who, exactly, was claiming any ancient flood was a myth?? Why would you think such a thing? My recollection of this conversation does not include anyone saying the devastating flood was a myth. Please specify.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312825 Oct 7, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we have all been posting here for so long and have divided ourselves into a "my side" "your side" way of speaking to each other.
Couldnt we all try to get along better even though we disagree on various issues? I'd like to say I've made an effort to get along with you, but I just can't stand some of the BS that sassy and Peggy post here.
Okay sounds good to me. Since we were talking about Bible myths, what do you think about this line in the Bible?

3. At a time when it was believed that the earth sat on a large animal or a giant (1500 B.C.), the Bible spoke of the earth’s free float in space: "He...hangs the earth upon nothing" (Job 26:7).

It is floating in space. How would anyone know that? There are also verses that tell us the earth is round thousands of years before science discovered it.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312826 Oct 7, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't quite true. You called it a 'fabled' flood.

<quoted text>
They discovered an ancient shoreline and shells carbon dated to be about 5,000 BC for starters.

You said;
"There is no evidence linking it to the fabled world wide flood."
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312827 Oct 7, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"Queen of semantics."
LOL, oh, the irony of this coming from you. Aren't you whining about a change (non-existent) in the meaning of the word "marriage", Wiltess?
Stop projecting.
You didn't answer the question. Would YOU ever/have considered having an abortion?
I can't see anyway that I would but then I haven't lost my mind yet.

BTW I don't care about the change. It is for you, not me.

I'm glad I am not 'wilting'.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#312828 Oct 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that He gave us the ability to behave as we want.
I believe that we have the ability to behave as we want, because we ARE - not because some God says 'yes' or 'no'. I believe women not only have the ability to decide whether or not to continue a pregnancy according to our own best interests, but the moral right to do so. And I don't believe we're required to feel bad about deciding NOT to continue any given pregnancy, at the time, or in the future, or that 'God' has any say in the matter. Or, if He exists, that he gives a damn one way or the other.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#312829 Oct 7, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that we have the ability to behave as we want, because we ARE - not because some God says 'yes' or 'no'. I believe women not only have the ability to decide whether or not to continue a pregnancy according to our own best interests, but the moral right to do so. And I don't believe we're required to feel bad about deciding NOT to continue any given pregnancy, at the time, or in the future, or that 'God' has any say in the matter. Or, if He exists, that he gives a damn one way or the other.
That would be the belief of all atheists. I think that is well known.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#312830 Oct 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't see anyway that I would but then I haven't lost my mind yet.
BTW I don't care about the change. It is for you, not me.
I'm glad I am not 'wilting'.
LOL, ah, there's that dishonesty again. You can't admit that you would never have an abortion, because then you'd have to admit my point. Got it.

There's been no change. But still, how would it be "for" ME?

Aw, you found a typo. Does it make you feel better that I hit the right keys in the wrong order? It doesn't make a difference, you're still witless.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#312832 Oct 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't quite true. You called it a 'fabled' flood.
<quoted text>
They discovered an ancient shoreline and shells carbon dated to be about 5,000 BC for starters.
You said;
"There is no evidence linking it to the fabled world wide flood."
Where is your fabled world wide flood?
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#312833 Oct 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay sounds good to me. Since we were talking about Bible myths, what do you think about this line in the Bible?
3. At a time when it was believed that the earth sat on a large animal or a giant (1500 B.C.), the Bible spoke of the earth’s free float in space: "He...hangs the earth upon nothing" (Job 26:7).
It is floating in space. How would anyone know that? There are also verses that tell us the earth is round thousands of years before science discovered it.
I think you're interpreting the bible as you see fit when you claim that it tells us the earth is round.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min IB DaMann 53,912
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min Grey Ghost 1,250,365
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 22 min the Ace of Spades 20,044
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ratloder 70,133
News Boy, 11, drowns in Brentwood pool (Jun '08) Mon tom wingo 48
News Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first... (Feb '09) Mon This Thread Now C... 16,154
News Dozens in Texas Town Report Seeing UFO (Jan '08) Jun 28 Enigma 565
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages