Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
292,421 - 292,440 of 305,182 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
So that tsunami at Christmastime 2005 was what? God's sense of humor? What about the others before and after?
Not of Biblical proportions. They has never been a flood to equal Noah's flood. Using 'Noah's' only as a description.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
I don't recall a single medical case of a woman having a threaded vagina, although some limericks allude to them. In fact, vaginal mucous membranes are very much alike to anorectal mucous membranes, structurally.
<quoted text>
There aren't many plumbing terms in medical books.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
E God. He created all of you including your womb. Use it well.
He who? Far as I can tell I was created by my MOTHER and father.

MY womb? Correct?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
So you slept through the japanese tsunami-caused flooding? There have been catastrophic floods throughout history; and there's no evidence that the supposed "noah flood" was any worse.
Why would a rational, omniscient being do something he regretted so much he swore not to do it again? And how is slaughtering everybody better than tinkering with "free will"?
<quoted text>
It seems that there could have been a flood worse than any since. Are you anti science?

http://science.howstuffworks.com/nature/clima...

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what a fundamentalist Christian is. You call everybody that.
Of course I do. I have family members who are nuttier than fruit cake christians. They have a glazed over look in their eyes because their brain no longer functions outside of bible verses.

I call any and all who use their bible to interfere in others lives fundies.

Got a problem with that?

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say that eventually the Bible will prove to contain a lot of truth about 'real' history.
It has had two thousand years to prove itself. But feel free to hold your breath till that happens.

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
Just like heteros have daughters to screw--that goes back at least to Lot, who your god considered a righteous man.
SSM's are legally created in 14 states and DC, and recognized in even more. The fact is that gay marriage will be a nation-wide inevitability.
<quoted text>
Yep! I am proud of MN!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There aren't many plumbing terms in medical books.
Moron, YOU are the one who brought hoses into the discussion.

It's time to give the single, desperately ailing, brain cell left in your head some much needed oxygen.

Breathe in.......and now breathe out.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I do. I have family members who are nuttier than fruit cake christians. They have a glazed over look in their eyes because their brain no longer functions outside of bible verses.
I call any and all who use their bible to interfere in others lives fundies.
Got a problem with that?
Yes I do. You are judging 'all' Christians by your family members.

I wouldn't judge all women by the things you say. Not everyone is the same.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
It has had two thousand years to prove itself. But feel free to hold your breath till that happens.
Science only now is catching up.
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that there could have been a flood worse than any since. Are you anti science?
"An ancient Babylonian flood myth, the Epic of Gilgamesh, tells us a story analogous to that of Noah and his ark. In it, a man named Utnapishtim builds a ship to save his family and animals from floods brought on his city by a wrathful god. After seven days, Utnapishtim and his family come to rest safely on a mountaintop.

Greek and Roman mythology tell the tale of angry gods who planned to flood the Earth and destroy humanity; the story's hero Deucalion and his wife take shelter in an ark and are spared. American Indian legends also tell of people taking shelter in a boat to be saved from a flood."
From your link, page one.

With all of that, why do you choose to believe it was only Noah's flood? Or only applied to Noah? Or that the others mentioned are not as real as Noah?

Thanks, though, for showing scientists are looking at ancient tsunamis and evidence left behind. Still, none of it confirms Noah's Flood happened.
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am probably going to get plenty of heat here but, here it is.
It is easy for people who don't believe in God as their heavenly Father and as Creator to think about an unborn child as a pregnancy. Eliminating one child in the world is no big deal. After all life is a bitch and then you die.
For people of faith, it is a child created in the image and likeness of God who He cares about. We are all His children and we wouldn't hurt another child. Having an abortion or advocating that others do or learning to accept it as part of culture is wrong.
We believe that all people are loved by God even when their parents don't, especially then.
You have your rights and you should be satisfied but don't minimize and ridicule the strong feelings on the other side.
They are genuine and not just trying to make your life harder. People do that for themselves.
This does not answer why you or anyone would care about a stranger's pregnancy in another state or country. You can love anyone and everyone you want to, even from afar. You can claim it's because you love God. But once you start physically getting in someone else's space uninvited, effecting new laws that restrict others' civil rights, you've crossed the line of decency by displaying unacceptable, unwanted behavior.

So what's in it for you? Self-righteous ego stroking?

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do. You are judging 'all' Christians by your family members.
I wouldn't judge all women by the things you say. Not everyone is the same.
I have met many beyond my family members many are looney tunes very few have a grasp on reality. End of story.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

If you don't want an abortion don't get one. LET WOMEN BE FREE TO CHOOSE FOR THERE OWN BODY AND LIFE.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You would have to prove another of that magnitude and I bet you can't find any evidence because God said He would never do it again.
How can you measure the "magnitude" of the Noah flood when you've already admitted the people of the time had no idea how large the Earth was? The flood could've covered a mere 10 mile radius but those people would've only perceived it as a massive flood because they didn't know any better. Those ancient people may have thought that a flood was covering their whole world while in reality most of the Earth remained unaffected. So what proof do you have of the "magnitude" of that one particular flood? And again, where is your proof is was the work of a god?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the recorded story is in the Bible.
The Bible is not the original document for any of it's content, and I think you know that, so where is the original written account that was transcribed into the OT? Where is the original document?

You know the Plains Indians of the American West thought and believed the stars were actually the camp fires of their deceased ancestors. They had no idea those were stars, or even what a star was, so they came up with their own idea about what they saw every night in the sky. We now know it wasn't even close to the factual truth, but that is what they believed. That's how ancient minds worked out and explained their surroundings because they had no facts at the time.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Not of Biblical proportions. They has never been a flood to equal Noah's flood. Using 'Noah's' only as a description.
Ah, so you have some statistics to prove this claim perhaps...? How do you know what that flood really was like that you can make such a conclusive statement as "They[sic] has never been a flood to equal Noah's flood"?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Science only now is catching up.
You mean like when early science proved all that heliocentric nonsense to be utter, well...nonsense? You mean like that?
lila

Algeria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Neither of which fit the noah story. I never said there weren't catastrophic floods; there were none that works with the myth.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wethersfield Discussions

Search the Wethersfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 min tony bennedetto 18,596
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min Brian_G 45,903
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Lily Boca Raton FL 1,083,995
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min Eric 68,445
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 26 min Nana4pali 68,064
The Trial of Heather Specyalski (Mar '13) Tue Cassie 22
Cher Calvin (Nov '08) Tue Ron Wells 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search