Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309951 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312249 Sep 26, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>It used to be someone could not get married if the other spouse was not Catholic, I have been to several weddings where one is protestant. sometimes they even have the minister there too, they sometimes don't have the mass, just the ceremony, but it is still a valid marriage. Any marriage that includes Christ is a valid marriage and if the couple are protestant and join the church, they do not have to redo the wedding ceremony. If a Catholic wants to marry a Jew or Muslim , they have to get permission from the local bishop.
You are correct.

My husband is not Catholic and we married in a Catholic mass. He agreed to raise our children Catholic.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312250 Sep 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Like it or not, a woman has the right to determine if a pregnancy will continue or not. If she perceives that pregnancy to be a threat, then it is.
Your friend is a doormat. NOBODY can stress you out without your permission. Doesn't she know where the door is?
<quoted text>
Since you know NOTHING about marriage or a woman in distress in thar marriage, you need to mind your own business. You don't know her circumstances. Bottom line, SHE is a victim of her husband.

Back to the question,...does she have a right to kill him since you people think that anyone who has their life threatened can. OR does that only apply to moms who don't want to mother their child so they kill them as choice?
Ink

Wynnewood, PA

#312251 Sep 26, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> You act like pregnancy is a disease. Other than an ectopic pregnancy (which threatens the womans life),what are you discussing? Pregnancies can cause complications and if need be(worst case scenerio) the baby can be delivered after viability.
You're making a woman a victim of her own pregnancy. Her developing child is a bully now?C'mon now.
Not only a bully but a predator.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312252 Sep 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Wash your fu**ing produce, idiot. As for meat, animals eat all kinds of horrible things when free-ranged. But the reality is that, regardless, their digestive systems filter out most objectionable compounds regardless of origin. After that, cooking further breaks down any compounds left, and finally OUR digestive process takes care of the rest.
The fact is that not one case of human disease has been traced to "non-organic" meat. Fish, in fact are safer if farmed instead of free.
<quoted text>
Uh no dear,farm raised fish are not "safer" than wild caught. You're so confused. As for meat, AGAIN you are wrong. Free range animals that are fed organic are healthy than caged, hormone injected, crap fed ones.

Take a teaspoon of chemicals andpesticides, get injected with the hormones and see how you fare with it VS not having it.

Mr clueless.

Taste a organic garden tomato and see if you can tell the difference between that and one thats been picked, sprayed orange and drowning in chemicals and pesticides to keep it from rotting.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312253 Sep 26, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
So I'm right.
According to your belief, fornicators are forbidden from using condoms. Instead, they are ordered to accept any consequences that may have been avoided by using a condom -- pregnancy and/or STDs.
I'm glad I wasn't raised in your f*cked up religion.
I don't get why you'd want to exacerbate the risks that lead to unwanted pregnancy. Because, as you know, it's the unwanted ones that are aborted.
Quit fighting me STO. If you want to continue telling God that you don't care what he has to say about sex outside marriage and that you have EVERY intention of disobeying him by having sex, go ahead. Go stock up on condoms dude. Knock yourself out but remember, you might still get a girl preggers.

Hey you're the one who justifies abortion as choice(even your Moms choice to electively abort because according to you she didn't want another child) then why do you care to prevent abortions by using condoms?

You're a confused mess.
Jerseyboy For Life

Elkhart, IN

#312254 Sep 26, 2013
The abortionist have killed more people then all of the wars America has ever fought in,since our Country became the United States.And these Leftist did it with out firing a single shot,all done with the stroke of the pen,and a willing number of woman in the millions to carry out this horrible crime against the most innocent!, and defenceless!,an unborn child.Only animals kill their "young", is this act of murder of the defenceless, is it to our advancement,or our destruction?...This selfish act against the unborn is murder!, and it's genicide on a World conscience.When humanity turns it's evil on the innocent,it's unyeilding and as cold as a stone,the heart of mankind has stopped beating for the sanctity of humnity...A child is the future,that future stops when we kill it....I pitty those who have sanctified it,and done it...They will stand before God,you may have slipped by judgement here on Earth,but you won't when you are aborted from this life......Eternal damnation is one hell of a price to pay for a vicious selfish act of abortion,praised by fools,accepted by millions......
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312257 Sep 26, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
She's under the delusion that you're Chicky.
Who knows why?
I never once thought GBC was chicky. What are you talking about?

From my understanding all of these years, godless by choice was a girl.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312258 Sep 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>She wants unmarried women to sew their legs shut until properly united to a man, by the RCC, and to attempt gestation of each and every resulting pregnancy, regardless of circumstances. She doesn't give a damn what the guys do, married or not.
No,I don't want any unmarried woman to sew her legs shut. Nor do I want to force anyone to do anything. If a woman doesn't want a child then don't conceive one. If she does conceive one then her child is alive, existing and developing and therefore she has NO right to kill them.

And as per usual, you're full of sh*t when you assume that i don't care what the guys do.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312259 Sep 26, 2013
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>Ok. Wow! I had no idea. I have friends who had to do several weeks worth of classes to get married in the church and they were both practicing Catholics. Learn something new every day. Thanks!
Those classes are for all to take before getting married. It's called pre-cana. It's a great course and very beneficial for that couples while prepping for marriage.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#312260 Sep 26, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> Quit fighting me STO. If you want to continue telling God that you don't care what he has to say about sex outside marriage and that you have EVERY intention of disobeying him by having sex, go ahead. Go stock up on condoms dude. Knock yourself out but remember, you might still get a girl preggers.
You don't speak for God. Neither does your religion.

Who's fighting? Ain't me. Go ahead and keep trying to justify this stupid idea that it's actually better to not use a condom. Tell the youngsters, f'get about STDs and pregnancy; it's "God's will" you get a disease because yer not suppostuh protect yourself. STOOOPid. That is beyond stupid. Don't use condoms boys and girls, it's "God's will" because sjm said so. pfft to you too.

:P~~~
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>Hey you're the one who justifies abortion as choice(even your Moms choice to electively abort because according to you she didn't want another child) then why do you care to prevent abortions by using condoms?
You're a confused mess.
After all this time, you still have no clue what my position is. For the umpteenth time, I don't need to justify abortion. Good Lord, you -- are -- slooooooooooowwwwww.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312261 Sep 26, 2013
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>Wait a minute, though. Wouldn't this be going against their faith? How would marrying a Catholic to an atheist be different than marrying two homosexuals or two non believers? I'm not sure I understand the distinction.
That atheist must be willing to raise the child Catholic. If the Catholic is faithful to his/her beliefs and practices it with great live and devotion, there is a good chance of that atheist returning to God.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312262 Sep 26, 2013
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>No, Sassy, my original question was whether or not a catholic priest was willing to marry Baptists, Protestants Atheists, etc. in the Catholic Church. See post #312006. The last person I need putting words in my mouth is you.
Ink confirmed that a priest will marry a Catholic and a person of another faith -- she DID NOT confirm that a priest would marry two Baptists, Atheists, Protestants, Muslims, etc.
Your question was about people marrying in the Catholic church and you specified ONE CATHOLIC MARRYING A NON-CATHOLIC. So stop deflecting.

Why would two non-Catholics marry in a Catholic church and not their own or atheists marry in a church at all. Please.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#312263 Sep 26, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> No,I don't want any unmarried woman to sew her legs shut. Nor do I want to force anyone to do anything. If a woman doesn't want a child then don't conceive one. If she does conceive one then her child is alive, existing and developing and therefore she has NO right to kill them.
And as per usual, you're full of sh*t when you assume that i don't care what the guys do.
Yer a big fat liar.

You don't want anyone to use condoms. You care, alright. You care enough to promote this idea that using condoms is a sin, against "God's will". You DON'T WANT fornicators to protect themselves to the best of their ability. You WANT them to get pregnant/cause pregnancy and pass around as many STD's as possible.

Un-fking-believable. I'm shocked that fools like you exist. Who the hell besides you actually advocates against condom use?
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312264 Sep 26, 2013
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>You're correct and just provided Sassy w/the post #.
No, you both are fibbing. Nowhere in your post did you say "TWO".
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312265 Sep 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Joke question? The church isn't going to marry two people of the same sex.
Why would two atheists want to marry in a religious ceremony?
Cham is a bs artist. She is attempting to wiggle her way out of what she said. She never mentioned TWO of another religion marrying in the RCC. Plus she DID ask about one Catholic and one of another faith. Shes just trying to buttkiss bitler but failed.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312266 Sep 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Post #312006 was in response to what Huska said. You had said that only Catholics could marry in a Catholic Church. Huska said that you had to be studying to be Catholic. She was wrong about that.
If you were really asking if people of other faiths can marry without one being Catholic, the answer is no but your meaning was lost because who would want to marry in the faith of another church. The question didn't make sense. Who would do that. It is a long and ritualistic celebration that would mean nothing to you.
She made an error and is too prideful to admit it.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312267 Sep 26, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't speak for God. Neither does your religion.
Who's fighting? Ain't me. Go ahead and keep trying to justify this stupid idea that it's actually better to not use a condom. Tell the youngsters, f'get about STDs and pregnancy; it's "God's will" you get a disease because yer not suppostuh protect yourself. STOOOPid. That is beyond stupid. Don't use condoms boys and girls, it's "God's will" because sjm said so. pfft to you too.
:P~~~
<quoted text>
After all this time, you still have no clue what my position is. For the umpteenth time, I don't need to justify abortion. Good Lord, you -- are -- slooooooooooowwwwww.
The bible is the word of God...yes?

God forbids fornication....yes?

So, there it is. I need not speak *for* God. He speaks for himself and is quite clear.

:)

I don't want ANYONE to get STDs or abortion but I will not offer to assist in si ful behavior by offering condoms. You believe in premeditation sinning.I don't. This angers you. Too bad. I have a conscience.

If a friend was going to her married bf's house to cheat,I wouldnt offer her a ride there so that she got there safely.
sassy jm

Lake Grove, NY

#312268 Sep 26, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Yer a big fat liar.
You don't want anyone to use condoms. You care, alright. You care enough to promote this idea that using condoms is a sin, against "God's will". You DON'T WANT fornicators to protect themselves to the best of their ability. You WANT them to get pregnant/cause pregnancy and pass around as many STD's as possible.
Un-fking-believable. I'm shocked that fools like you exist. Who the hell besides you actually advocates against condom use?
Calm down dear. You're getting hysterical.

YOU believe what YOU want. I will believe what I want

But don't call me a liar because you can control my beliefs.Kthanks.

Have a good night!
Katie

Kent, WA

#312269 Sep 26, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> I never once thought GBC was chicky. What are you talking about?
From my understanding all of these years, godless by choice was a girl.
Okay...
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#312270 Sep 26, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is the word of God...yes?
God forbids fornication....yes?
So, there it is. I need not speak *for* God. He speaks for himself and is quite clear.
:)
I don't want ANYONE to get STDs or abortion but I will not offer to assist in si ful behavior by offering condoms. You believe in premeditation sinning.I don't. This angers you. Too bad. I have a conscience.
If a friend was going to her married bf's house to cheat,I wouldnt offer her a ride there so that she got there safely.
Evidence to support a damn thing you say?

Nope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min EasyEed 1,234,638
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 32 min Barry 19,929
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr factcheck 53,510
News Police say Conn. pastor's shooting may be linke... Thu Reverend Alan 12
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Thu TRD 70,035
News Protesters Fight Deportation of Army Veteran Fr... Wed Mag 1
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) May 26 hrichard91 37
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]