Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Narberth, PA

#312065 Sep 24, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
When discussing the concept of God with a believer how else should I frame my point?
Your anger at Him is what surprises me. I never get angry at Zeus.

Wouldn't you have to think some one is real to hate so much?
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#312066 Sep 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Loyal to the end.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#312067 Sep 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddha's first attempt at enlightenment was to not eat. Judging by his form found in the lobby of many Chinese restaurants, that didn't pan out for him :)
The many faces of Eve.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#312068 Sep 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't the truth, none of this rant.
Every word of it is true.

"""catholic doctors are not concerned with pregnant women having heart attacks or cancer. They would just as soon they die as long as they can salvage the fetus."""

catholic doctors wish to operate on a conscience clause which allows them to do as they please according to their religion. In pregnancy their primary focus is the fetus regardless of the woman/girls condition. Even in an doomed ectopic pregnancy they choose to slice and dice the woman/girl in honor of the embryo as opposed to issuing methotrexate a pill to end the ectopic problem.

""Yes I am equating the bodies rejection of pregnancy. The woman/girls brain is part of her body is it not"""?

If a woman/girl has a spontaneous abortion, you are not concerned, nor are the rest of the catholics or the male ruling hierarchy. But if a woman decides to use BC then all hell breaks loose because it may cause a fertilized egg not to implant and therefore labeled an abortifacient. The same goes for abortion if a women/girl chooses. I think if a woman could think her unwanted pregnancy out of existence the CC would mandate lobotomies for girls prior to their reproductive development.

"""The problem you have is not caring about 500,000 spontaneous abortions, but caring deeply if a woman/girl uses her mind in the rejection of pregnancy""" "

Enough said.

""Religion is misogynistic. I have read the book it screams off the pages. Not my problem that you bow down to it and refuse the truth. Bow all YOU want, don't expect the same from me? Got that fanatic?"""

There is no disputing the above. The bible is misogynistic to the core along with the koran. Both from the middle east both damaging to women. Now dispute it.
Ocean56

AOL

#312069 Sep 24, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
LOL And you seem soooo at peace too. You hang out on abortion forums.
Whatever THAT means. Yes, I post at this abortion forum, and participate in any discussion thread I choose. That seems to be a problem for you for some reason. Too bad.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
Ocean56

AOL

#312070 Sep 24, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
I find it really sad and telling that these people who have rejected Christs church, can be so ignorant of it. It sounds to me, with all sincerity, that they must have been raised or exposed to unloving people who tarnished their image of the RCC.
Oh PLEASE. Personally, I think you're just pissed that many of us have cheerfully REJECTED the toxic baggage of the Catholic Church with no civil or criminal penalties for doing so. Now we're free to make our own decisions in matters of sex and reproduction without the annoying male clerics in dresses telling us we're committing a "sin" for making those choices.

It's wonderful how much freedom women have when they AREN'T mentally chained to regressive and oppressive church doctrines. For me, the happiness of secularist freedom is far better than church-based slavery. That's why I love being Catholicism-FREE (CF).

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#312072 Sep 24, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> I am here on behalf of the victims. I am their voice. I am the voice of truth.
Could you be any more full of yourself?
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#312073 Sep 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't get through life this far without thinking for myself. You are truly clueless on this matter.
So....

her opinion is clueless

and your opinion is what exactly?
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#312074 Sep 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddha's first attempt at enlightenment was to not eat. Judging by his form found in the lobby of many Chinese restaurants, that didn't pan out for him :)
Go back to cheating on your wife and getting your mistress pregnant, johnnycakes.

Or, go back to claiming that Hindus worship cows.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#312075 Sep 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are still mad about the flood.
Where is the evidence for your fabled world wide flood?
Ink

Narberth, PA

#312076 Sep 24, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Loyal to the end.
Loyal to God, yes.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#312077 Sep 24, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the evidence for your fabled world wide flood?
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/evidence-sug...
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#312078 Sep 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
Not a single shred of evidence found. Keep dreaming.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#312079 Sep 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are still mad about the flood.
Hardly.

You're still in denial about the deity you worship.
Whatever peels your banana, dear.
grumpy

Huntington Station, NY

#312080 Sep 24, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>I made sure that I had a prolife Dr. He wojld never suggest killing my child.
I think that violence against anyone is a crime. Nobody has a right to do that. It's unexcusable and evil.
Does a woman have right of self-defense from another human being?
Ink

Narberth, PA

#312082 Sep 24, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
They discovered an ancient shoreline and shells carbon dated to be about 5,000 BC for starters.
A Mess of Doo Doo

New York, NY

#312083 Sep 24, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
What is described is absolutely evidence. Evidence does not necessarily indicate definitive proof.
That fecal matter seems to be impacted in your cranium and it's affecting your thought process there stinky.
PEE-UUUU !!!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#312084 Sep 24, 2013
Nobody is angry with your holy will-o-the-wisp. We're just tired of religious twits justifying their prejudices by using the bible. The bible shows your god as being vain, genocidal, and really kinda stupid.

When the followers of zeus start limiting the rights of free people, I'll bring up his many fictional exploits as well. On the other hand, zeus was never presented as omniscient, omnipotent, or loving.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#312085 Sep 24, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe a former Catholic knows so little about the church like you do. Maybe if you knew more you would not have left. If someone is protestant and marrying a Catholic, yes they can get married, if a Catholic marries a Muslim or Jew, they have to get an ok from the Bishop.
I'm not a former Catholic, nor did I ever claim to be. I had no idea a Catholic could marry someone not of their faith in the Catholic church. Can another Catholic, other than Knit, confirm this?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#312086 Sep 24, 2013
There were three faces of eve--making her a trinity.
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
The many faces of Eve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Realtime 1,406,445
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 22 min Ize Found 70,851
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) 5 hr LAWYERS GONE WILD 82
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr litesong 60,674
Woman Stabbed, Man Shot Within Hours Of One Ano... (Aug '09) Jul 27 TorresHtfdCt 95
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) Jul 27 Chaimpie 93
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jul 27 stupid republicans 20,391

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages