Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
291,881 - 291,900 of 305,183 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a question? LOL, you need to see a doctor about that lying virus you caught from sassy, knit and nr. You've got a bad case.
It was rhetorical which means it didn't need an answer because the answer was obvious. What is wrong with you that you have such a need to call everyone a liar? Look at the big picture in the discussion instead of focusing on the minurtiae.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It was rhetorical which means it didn't need an answer because the answer was obvious. What is wrong with you that you have such a need to call everyone a liar? Look at the big picture in the discussion instead of focusing on the minurtiae.
LOL! Oh, Witless, you are SO unarmed for this battle of wits. As unarmed as the Venus de Milo.

You mean minutiae?

And no, that was no a rhetorical question.

Yes, the answer IS obvious. I answered you. 100% of LGBT people face such a possibility. The same cannot be said of embryos/fetuses.

I DON'T call everyone a liar. I called YOU one, because you were LYING.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> You don't know anything about the real world. also those deli's are not practicing their faith, are they. Yes it is a sin to do something that goes against what the Church teaches. Photographing a gay wedding is participating in a mortal sin. And one can't force a person to do something that they would consider morally wrong and goes against Church teachings. And yes, the Pope is not for gay marriage , he says its a grave sin. He never changed his stand on it.
Can you please point out an official Catholic statement, per the Vatican, that says taking pictures at a gay wedding is a mortal sin?
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a question, merely a comment about civil rights and persecution. I guess the point would be that more babies in the womb are killed that gays. You I assume would disagree with that.
BORN children (actual children, not fetuses that might not even make it to term) die from starvation each day, but I don't see "pro-life" people trying to raise attention to that issue.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If a couple wants a baby, they want a baby and that is their right.
If a woman does not want to gestate for the infertile, she doesn't, and that is her right too.

If a couple wants a 'baby' to the exclusion of all other ages, that seems to be a decision of 'convenience' to me...

I don't agree with adoption in the interests of 'convenience'. Adoptions should be in the interest of the child.

Don't you agree?
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> You don't know anything about the real world. also those deli's are not practicing their faith, are they. Yes it is a sin to do something that goes against what the Church teaches. Photographing a gay wedding is participating in a mortal sin. And one can't force a person to do something that they would consider morally wrong and goes against Church teachings. And yes, the Pope is not for gay marriage , he says its a grave sin. He never changed his stand on it.
Sin has nothing to do with discrimination, wacko.
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If a woman does not want to gestate for the infertile, she doesn't, and that is her right too.
If a couple wants a 'baby' to the exclusion of all other ages, that seems to be a decision of 'convenience' to me...
I don't agree with adoption in the interests of 'convenience'. Adoptions should be in the interest of the child.
Don't you agree?
No it should be in the interests of all concerned.

Since you don't expect a woman to carry a child she doesn't want why should she be expected to adopt a child she doesn't want?
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
BORN children (actual children, not fetuses that might not even make it to term) die from starvation each day, but I don't see "pro-life" people trying to raise attention to that issue.
They do and they give millions of dollars to help feed the poor.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because they're NOT 'pro-life'. They're PRO-FETUS. Honesty is absent from the entire premise of the SCPL, because in all reality EVERYONE is pro-life to one extent or another, even if the only life they care about is their own.

Life is a continuum and a process - not an individual event. To be alive is to be fundamentally pro-life.

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please point out an official Catholic statement, per the Vatican, that says taking pictures at a gay wedding is a mortal sin?
Greetings Michelle!

I'm not going to wait for an answer. Which won't be forthcoming, because it was spun from cloth made from the threads of an active imagination.

Everything seems to be a mortal sin these days. Makes me pine for the days when garden variety venial sinning was commonplace.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They do and they give millions of dollars to help feed the poor.
What about you?
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
What about you?
I wish I had more to give but I am sure that even my pittence helps. Salvation Army is one of my favorite causes.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it should be in the interests of all concerned.
Since you don't expect a woman to carry a child she doesn't want why should she be expected to adopt a child she doesn't want?
I don't have those expectations. It's not me who is trying to change hearts and minds. But if you 'expect' women to act only in ways of which you approve, you're bound to be disappointed.

Just sayin.
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have those expectations. It's not me who is trying to change hearts and minds. But if you 'expect' women to act only in ways of which you approve, you're bound to be disappointed.
Just sayin.
You are the one disapproving of couples wanting to adopt babies rather than older children.

I think it is wonderful that people will adopt, period. Any child without a home is a shame.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Isn't religious zealotry grand?
If it were up to me I would put all religious zealots in a giant playpen and let them kill each other. End of problem.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry but you really are an awful person.
Except that if teams of religious zealots of every faith were put into a stadium, they actually WOULD kill each other off...which is why you think being okay with that outcome is 'horrible'.

I'd call it logical consequences, myself.
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Except that if teams of religious zealots of every faith were put into a stadium, they actually WOULD kill each other off...which is why you think being okay with that outcome is 'horrible'.
I'd call it logical consequences, myself.
The cases I mentioned in today's news where people going to the mall were slaughtered and comming out of church were bombed. I don't know what religious zealots you would put in the arena with Al Qaeda.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you undre the opinion that people wouldn't die if there was no God to kill them?
No.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm in. Just one, or both?
Whatever everyone wants to do. That book Zealot seems to be the one people are interested in right now.
Katie

Milton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Michelle!
I'm not going to wait for an answer. Which won't be forthcoming, because it was spun from cloth made from the threads of an active imagination.
Everything seems to be a mortal sin these days. Makes me pine for the days when garden variety venial sinning was commonplace.
Ahh The good ol' days :)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The cases I mentioned in today's news where people going to the mall were slaughtered and comming out of church were bombed. I don't know what religious zealots you would put in the arena with Al Qaeda.
I'd start with Rick Santorum, Michelle Bachmann, Todd Akin, Jan Brewer, Rick Perry, and anyone who voted for any of them in any election

Any and all of them would yield the same outcome. Religious zealots always want someone to die in the name of their specific god. It's what makes them 'zealots', Ink.

That's the point.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wethersfield Discussions

Search the Wethersfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min woodtick57 1,084,445
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 33 min voice of peace 68,071
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr SpaceBlues 45,908
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Lumpy Churchhill 18,610
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 hr scirocco 68,453
The Trial of Heather Specyalski (Mar '13) Tue Cassie 22
Cher Calvin (Nov '08) Jul 29 Ron Wells 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••