Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312666 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#311957 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it should be in the interests of all concerned.
Since you don't expect a woman to carry a child she doesn't want why should she be expected to adopt a child she doesn't want?
I don't have those expectations. It's not me who is trying to change hearts and minds. But if you 'expect' women to act only in ways of which you approve, you're bound to be disappointed.

Just sayin.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#311958 Sep 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have those expectations. It's not me who is trying to change hearts and minds. But if you 'expect' women to act only in ways of which you approve, you're bound to be disappointed.
Just sayin.
You are the one disapproving of couples wanting to adopt babies rather than older children.

I think it is wonderful that people will adopt, period. Any child without a home is a shame.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#311959 Sep 22, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Isn't religious zealotry grand?
If it were up to me I would put all religious zealots in a giant playpen and let them kill each other. End of problem.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry but you really are an awful person.
Except that if teams of religious zealots of every faith were put into a stadium, they actually WOULD kill each other off...which is why you think being okay with that outcome is 'horrible'.

I'd call it logical consequences, myself.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#311960 Sep 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Except that if teams of religious zealots of every faith were put into a stadium, they actually WOULD kill each other off...which is why you think being okay with that outcome is 'horrible'.
I'd call it logical consequences, myself.
The cases I mentioned in today's news where people going to the mall were slaughtered and comming out of church were bombed. I don't know what religious zealots you would put in the arena with Al Qaeda.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#311961 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you undre the opinion that people wouldn't die if there was no God to kill them?
No.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#311962 Sep 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm in. Just one, or both?
Whatever everyone wants to do. That book Zealot seems to be the one people are interested in right now.
Katie

Pacific, WA

#311963 Sep 22, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Michelle!
I'm not going to wait for an answer. Which won't be forthcoming, because it was spun from cloth made from the threads of an active imagination.
Everything seems to be a mortal sin these days. Makes me pine for the days when garden variety venial sinning was commonplace.
Ahh The good ol' days :)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#311964 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The cases I mentioned in today's news where people going to the mall were slaughtered and comming out of church were bombed. I don't know what religious zealots you would put in the arena with Al Qaeda.
I'd start with Rick Santorum, Michelle Bachmann, Todd Akin, Jan Brewer, Rick Perry, and anyone who voted for any of them in any election

Any and all of them would yield the same outcome. Religious zealots always want someone to die in the name of their specific god. It's what makes them 'zealots', Ink.

That's the point.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#311965 Sep 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'd start with Rick Santorum, Michelle Bachmann, Todd Akin, Jan Brewer, Rick Perry, and anyone who voted for any of them in any election
Any and all of them would yield the same outcome. Religious zealots always want someone to die in the name of their specific god. It's what makes them 'zealots', Ink.
That's the point.
You have gotten to the point of complete absurdity.
Ink the Stink

United States

#311966 Sep 22, 2013
Roe v Wade is here to stay and there's nothing you ignoramus antichoicers can do about it!!!!
Ink the Stink

United States

#311967 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I have gotten to the point of complete absurdity.
ROTFLMAO!!!!! Inky you passed that point years ago!!!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#311968 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You have gotten to the point of complete absurdity....
You have employed the logical fallacy of ad hominem.

zealot: A fanatically committed person.

Religious zealot: A person whose religious fervor leads them to the point of using violence to achieve their ends.

(fanatic: A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.)

Damn those pesky facts.
Ink

Narberth, PA

#311969 Sep 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You have employed the logical fallacy of ad hominem.
zealot: A fanatically committed person.
Religious zealot: A person whose religious fervor leads them to the point of using violence to achieve their ends.
(fanatic: A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.)
Damn those pesky facts.
I haven't seen any of those people use violence of any kind.

You know what absurd means, right?

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#311970 Sep 22, 2013
"Husker Du" aka "delusional oxygen thief"
Taking wedding photos , let see when the photographer doesn't agree with SSM, if he or she did, the photographer would admit it's a wedding, it is a sin, bitler. It is a mortal sin to participate in that type of wedding. In fact if the wedding is heterosexual and a judge performs the ceremony, its a sin , because that type of wedding is not a valid marriage if you are Catholic. Just like a Muslim fixing a butter and bacon sandwich for you. Another thing , a nurse having to help out in an abortion is wrong and a mortal sin, so is cleaning up the room where the abortion took place.

are your eyes brown? because you are full of it....your ignorance is so sad....and too damm funny

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#311971 Sep 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen any of those people use violence of any kind.
I've never seen the Christian God.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#311973 Sep 22, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't even touch it ,the pork is unclean, not kosher. Same with Muslims, its an insult to the Muslim faith to even ask to give a pork sandwich to someone.
Ah, yes it is if the local bishop says so. Some have a community phone, others are forbidden and have to go for help other ways. They have the right to refuse, bitler. Go find something to do, your temper is terrible. Maybe you just have a craving for butter and bacon sandwiches and a two liter of Mountain Dew.
You have a very unhealthy diet, obviously.

You are wrong. As usual.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#311979 Sep 22, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Ask your uncle, or was he reprimanded?
Why would I ask my uncle when *you* are the one making the assertion? Do not deflect. Again, do you have proof, per the Vatican, that photographing a gay wedding is a mortal sin? If so, please share.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#311980 Sep 22, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down. I have a very healthy diet. I rarely eat red meat, never eat processed foods, ever. I never eat fast food. I don't drink sugary pop. I never eat white bread and I walk five miles a day. I shop the organic section at the grocery store. I even use cloth grocery bags. I just had a hysterectomy and two days later I walked two miles. Now I am back to five.
And yet, with this supposedly "healthy" lifestyle you claim to lead, you're still "seething" with barely suppressed rage against all those posters whom happen to disagree with you "ideologically/philosophi cally/spiritually...

I'm sorry "Knit," but I don't believe one word you're saying here...

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#311981 Sep 22, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Michelle!
I'm not going to wait for an answer. Which won't be forthcoming, because it was spun from cloth made from the threads of an active imagination.
Everything seems to be a mortal sin these days. Makes me pine for the days when garden variety venial sinning was commonplace.
Aged, my dear! How are you? I hope all is well. As far as Knit's claim, her answer, or non answer rather, was to ask my uncle. Considering he's not the one who's making the claim, it would be rather idiotic to ask him. The thing is, I'd hate to think she'd lie on the Roman Catholic Church and spread a fallacy, however, if she had proof that photographing a gay wedding is a mortal sin per the Vatican, she would've produced it.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#311982 Sep 22, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Its the same as going to a wedding that wouldn't be valid. All the shop owner has to do is say I am booked up till kingdom come. or just say I am not available. Its a sin to go to a wedding performed by a judge, did you know that? Its the same for a gay wedding ceremony.
Can you show me official proof of this? I'd appreciate it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Reality Speaks 1,458,039
News Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) 12 min ShaBOO 155
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 71,233
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr IB DaMann 62,303
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr coon dogs 20,695
News If ex-felons pay their dues to society, let's g... (Jun '08) Sat Squach 1,168
News The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) Dec 1 Trying to be hopeful 36

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages