Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 309,213
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Read more
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#309999 Sep 2, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Their behavior disgusts me, but I just feel pity for them. They're deluding themselves that conscience comes from without, rather than within. That the reason to comport themselves uprightly on earth, is to gain the keys to some otherworldly heaven. And that all other life forms are somehow theirs to 'subdue', having been granted 'dominion' by the same creator who made all of us. It's pathetic, sick, and not a little ominous, especially given all the damage the earth sustains from human beings on a daily basis. How much longer is their 'god' going to let us use his beautiful creation as a litter box? They never worry about that - they're WAY more worried about women having fewer kids, as if there aren't enough humans in the world.
We are in heaven.
Someone won't let us enjoy it.
Gtown71

Dallas, TX

#310000 Sep 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Why, are you worried you might be one too?
If you pray for "God" to relieve you of pregnancy, and he does, and you think you've avoided getting an abortion, or you thank god that you lost your 'baby', but you frown on someone going to a doctor to make sure they do, you are a howling hypocrite.
I don't care how old you are.
I'm not worried that I "may " be a hypocrite, becouse I already "know " that I am.

I've been one in the past, and will be one in the future.

Perhaps we should pass laws that any parent who did wrong as a teen has no right to teach their kids to do right.

Any cop who has drove above the speed limit, should not be allowed to write speeding tickets.

Any judge that has done anything wrong must step down, after all who are they to judge?

I don't particularly like that kill at will abortion is legal in the us, but I do believe people can and do choose to do as they please. They are the ones that must live with their choices, and God knows I have more than my share of mistakes, and outright doing bad to live with.

There is a law given by a higher power, whether people believe or not, just like folks can choose to believe or not the laws of the land, but if caught, they learn the law was true, and with God, it's not "if " caught, but when.
The reason He may seem harsh, according to His Word,with those who die lost, is becouse He did send His only begotton Son to die for All of us, and He lets His Word be known to All, over and over, especially in the us, and all He asks is for us to agree with Him, that we are all sinners, hypocrits, liars, adulterous, fornicating, lustful, pride filled people, and put our faith and trust in His only begotten son. Just that simple, yet Satan and our flesh has us blind and tangled up, with sooo many matters, hoping he sends us to hell.

If I did not care about you, I wouldn't say this. The reason I care, is becouse 12 years ago, this real God saved my Non carring soul, and gave me a new heart, that does care.

If you or any would swallow your pride and simply seek God "forget names or how to word things ",just truly seek God, then that God would make Himself known unto you, and then and only then will you realize the truth, that simply cannot be realized in words.

Peace lady :)

Good news, I'm headed for parchman ms and won't be able to respond till the weekend.

Keep em straight till I return. Lol

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#310001 Sep 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Why? Did you misplace one?
Have some elderberry wine...
<quoted text>
Ah, you really shouldn't feed the trolls ;-D
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#310002 Sep 3, 2013
I think if you don't like abortions don't get one. MIND YOUR BUSINESS AND LET OTHERS MIND THERES,.you know FREEDOM.
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#310003 Sep 3, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
So His plan for Esau was to create Esau to hate Esau? Remember, God hated Esau before he was born.
So what's the plan for the "unborn" that are aborted? God created them and it was their free will to be aborted? You just said His plan "was not that we do away with those lives."
God hated Esau before he was born????
Where in the Bible can I find that written?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310004 Sep 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
At some point, we're all "gone". So, your god just uses people and tosses them aside when he can't anymore? Nice deity.
<quoted text>
What else would you want?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310005 Sep 3, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The more that these dummies describe their petty and petulant god, the more it is apparent that they are masochistic little sheep.
I'll ask you the same question, what else would you want?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310006 Sep 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Their behavior disgusts me, but I just feel pity for them. They're deluding themselves that conscience comes from without, rather than within. That the reason to comport themselves uprightly on earth, is to gain the keys to some otherworldly heaven. And that all other life forms are somehow theirs to 'subdue', having been granted 'dominion' by the same creator who made all of us. It's pathetic, sick, and not a little ominous, especially given all the damage the earth sustains from human beings on a daily basis. How much longer is their 'god' going to let us use his beautiful creation as a litter box? They never worry about that - they're WAY more worried about women having fewer kids, as if there aren't enough humans in the world.
You are really messed up on this one. You have absolutely no idea of how people who have God in their lives think or feel.

You are the one who doesn't know how you got here or why you are here. Actually without a God, your life is short and meaningless. You have no reason to have been born and it doesn't really matter if your mother had aborted you or not. You have a purposeless existance and it doesn't matter if you have children or not for they have no purpose either without God.

He will allow us to use it as a 'litter box' as long as it suits His purpose.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310007 Sep 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I said belief in God was woven inti the fabric of this country ..it was,.
I did not say we had a state religion .
Big difference .
Most of the people on here have said they grew up in some kind of believing in God family .
In the fifties most believed in God . Or at least some in their families,did .
In the century before,was,more belief ..it was here,Elise ...
It is asecular country full of Christians.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310008 Sep 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Church and synagogue attendance is no measure of morality, Rose. Most of the self-proclaimed 'Christians' I know, only go to church for appearances on Sunday, and are happily engaged in games of 'screw-your-neighbor' the rest of the week.
Most churches are just a venue for a continuous dog-and-pony show, full of hypocrites and backstabbers. Most parishioners are just there to show off their Sunday best, and get a pass on their Monday thru Saturday shenanigans.
Twas ever thus.
You need new friends but maybe that is the type of person you attract.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310009 Sep 3, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
So His plan for Esau was to create Esau to hate Esau? Remember, God hated Esau before he was born.
So what's the plan for the "unborn" that are aborted? God created them and it was their free will to be aborted? You just said His plan "was not that we do away with those lives."
Why did God hate Esau? Where did you get that idea?

“Don't forget to”

Since: Sep 09

smile

#310010 Sep 3, 2013
I think there is a difference between praying that you are not pregnant prior to confirmation and praying for a miscarriage. Please dear God in heaven above, please let me not be pregnant. Or, please dear God in heaven deliver unto me a miscarriage.

Ink, this is a secular country filled with something. Lots of bloviating hypocrisy from those that talk but don't walk.

Congrats to your nephew, Kathwynn. May he remain safe from harm.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310011 Sep 3, 2013
Junket wrote:
I think there is a difference between praying that you are not pregnant prior to confirmation and praying for a miscarriage. Please dear God in heaven above, please let me not be pregnant. Or, please dear God in heaven deliver unto me a miscarriage.
Ink, this is a secular country filled with something. Lots of bloviating hypocrisy from those that talk but don't walk.
Congrats to your nephew, Kathwynn. May he remain safe from harm.
How do you know that people don't honestly try to live up to their beliefs? It is dificult to always do the right thing but that doesn't mean it isn't worth the effort. It is very easy to live up to nothing and that is the philosophy I hear, here.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#310012 Sep 3, 2013
Hypocrisy has nothing to do with how others see you; it's about you acting in a way inconsistent with the way you demand others should act. It's alveda king having multiple abortions and then working to deny other women the right to make the same decision for themselves. It's "family values" politicians having affairs and multiple marriages, but blocking gays from marrying.

Asking for forgiveness is no guarantee of being forgiven; the other person may doubt your sincerity or believe the trespass to be unforgivable. Being forgiven is not a right.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you carry yourself AT ALL TIMES, the way you wish to others view you, then are you not being a hypocrite?
I realize you won't respond, and that's cool. Pride is a powerful thing, and spoken about much in the Bible.
Do you forgive others, if they've asked you to, or only certain ones who agree with you? What's that called?
Plus, I wasn't being sarcastic about the pbs thing. I have learned a lot and much is amazing what they are doing in the medical field, with tiny robots driving through human eyes to deliver medicine to places they cannot reach, to pre programmed "bees " which ride through the blood stream seeking out cancer cells and "stinging " them. I don't agree with the billions of years thingy, but that's ok to :)
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310013 Sep 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you unable to read . Have problems with comprehension ???
I thought maybe I was pregnAnt ..there was no such thing as a pregnancy test ..I was sixteen..had no idea,what a miscarriage was ..barely in a,about pregnancy. Except if you were,late ..it COULD mean you were pregnant .
There was,NO SEX ED ..WE KNEW VERY LITTLE ABIUT OUR BODIES .
I prayed I was NOT pregnant...I was two weeks late . It took another 2 month and a trip to the doctor to be sure
Again people,cannot comprehend how,different things used to be .
Six years later in order to know if I was,pregnant I had to have a blood test over a,month after I was late ..
And even then the lab said it could be a false result
So praying I was,NOT pregnant ..NO I aS not praying for an abortion.
That word was,not even in common Usage ..despite what people here think .
There were no mass illegal abortions ..You had your baby ...kept it or gave it for adoption ...was the NORM.
THEY had home for unwed mothers that were common.
I understood you perfectly. They just don't want to.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#310014 Sep 3, 2013
A deity that didn't act like a low-life pimp?

A deity that doesn't "use" people at all?

A deity that exists? No, wait...why would I even want a deity?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What else would you want?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310015 Sep 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
A deity that didn't act like a low-life pimp?
A deity that doesn't "use" people at all?
A deity that exists? No, wait...why would I even want a deity?
<quoted text>
So don't complain that God isn't what you want while not accepting that there is a God. That is hypocrasy.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310016 Sep 3, 2013
hypocrisy

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#310017 Sep 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really messed up on this one. You have absolutely no idea of how people who have God in their lives think or feel.
You are the one who doesn't know how you got here or why you are here. Actually without a God, your life is short and meaningless. You have no reason to have been born and it doesn't really matter if your mother had aborted you or not. You have a purposeless existance and it doesn't matter if you have children or not for they have no purpose either without God.
Do you honestly believe that if you discovered tomorrow that there was no god your life would be completely meaningless? You've created nothing of value and have, in no way, added anything to mankind? If so, I find that a pitiable and sad existence.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#310018 Sep 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If your posts are any indication of how you 'think' or 'feel', I certainly don't want the deity you worship mucking around in my thoughts or feelings.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who doesn't know how you got here or why you are here.
You don't 'know' either. Your guess is as good as mine.

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually without a God, your life is short and meaningless.
Says you. All life is short...meaningless is up to the individual. If you need a deity, in order for your existence to mean something to you, that's your problem.

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no reason to have been born and it doesn't really matter if your mother had aborted you or not.
I think it matters to her, and it certainly matters to me. Obviously it doesn't matter to YOU whether or not I had been aborted...

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a purposeless existance and it doesn't matter if you have children or not for they have no purpose either without God.
You are an arrogant individual, who assumes much. How do YOU know I have a purposeless existence? The fact that I don't lay around gazing at the stars, trying to figure out what my 'purpose' might be according to the plans of your deity, doesn't mean I don't have a purpose. I get to decide what my purpose is, and then I get to go about fulfilling it. And again...having been born matters to my children, and to me...even without belief in your 'God'.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he's an idiot, and his purpose sucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min positronium 1,205,934
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ratloder 69,291
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr goonsquad 52,246
News Brooklyn Teen Charged With Attempted Murder (May '08) 19 hr Anton Ciguhr 10
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Thu scirocco 71,697
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu factcheck 19,717
News City of Hartford Sues Homeowners In Zoning Fight Mar 25 stop the bullying 2
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]