Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#310012 Sep 3, 2013
Hypocrisy has nothing to do with how others see you; it's about you acting in a way inconsistent with the way you demand others should act. It's alveda king having multiple abortions and then working to deny other women the right to make the same decision for themselves. It's "family values" politicians having affairs and multiple marriages, but blocking gays from marrying.

Asking for forgiveness is no guarantee of being forgiven; the other person may doubt your sincerity or believe the trespass to be unforgivable. Being forgiven is not a right.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you carry yourself AT ALL TIMES, the way you wish to others view you, then are you not being a hypocrite?
I realize you won't respond, and that's cool. Pride is a powerful thing, and spoken about much in the Bible.
Do you forgive others, if they've asked you to, or only certain ones who agree with you? What's that called?
Plus, I wasn't being sarcastic about the pbs thing. I have learned a lot and much is amazing what they are doing in the medical field, with tiny robots driving through human eyes to deliver medicine to places they cannot reach, to pre programmed "bees " which ride through the blood stream seeking out cancer cells and "stinging " them. I don't agree with the billions of years thingy, but that's ok to :)
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310013 Sep 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you unable to read . Have problems with comprehension ???
I thought maybe I was pregnAnt ..there was no such thing as a pregnancy test ..I was sixteen..had no idea,what a miscarriage was ..barely in a,about pregnancy. Except if you were,late ..it COULD mean you were pregnant .
There was,NO SEX ED ..WE KNEW VERY LITTLE ABIUT OUR BODIES .
I prayed I was NOT pregnant...I was two weeks late . It took another 2 month and a trip to the doctor to be sure
Again people,cannot comprehend how,different things used to be .
Six years later in order to know if I was,pregnant I had to have a blood test over a,month after I was late ..
And even then the lab said it could be a false result
So praying I was,NOT pregnant ..NO I aS not praying for an abortion.
That word was,not even in common Usage ..despite what people here think .
There were no mass illegal abortions ..You had your baby ...kept it or gave it for adoption ...was the NORM.
THEY had home for unwed mothers that were common.
I understood you perfectly. They just don't want to.

Indianapolis

#310014 Sep 3, 2013
A deity that didn't act like a low-life pimp?

A deity that doesn't "use" people at all?

A deity that exists? No, wait...why would I even want a deity?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What else would you want?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310015 Sep 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
A deity that didn't act like a low-life pimp?
A deity that doesn't "use" people at all?
A deity that exists? No, wait...why would I even want a deity?
<quoted text>
So don't complain that God isn't what you want while not accepting that there is a God. That is hypocrasy.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310016 Sep 3, 2013
hypocrisy

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#310017 Sep 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really messed up on this one. You have absolutely no idea of how people who have God in their lives think or feel.
You are the one who doesn't know how you got here or why you are here. Actually without a God, your life is short and meaningless. You have no reason to have been born and it doesn't really matter if your mother had aborted you or not. You have a purposeless existance and it doesn't matter if you have children or not for they have no purpose either without God.
He will allow us to use it as a 'litter box' as long as it suits His purpose.
Do you honestly believe that if you discovered tomorrow that there was no god your life would be completely meaningless? You've created nothing of value and have, in no way, added anything to mankind? If so, I find that a pitiable and sad existence.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#310018 Sep 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really messed up on this one. You have absolutely no idea of how people who have God in their lives think or feel.
If your posts are any indication of how you 'think' or 'feel', I certainly don't want the deity you worship mucking around in my thoughts or feelings.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who doesn't know how you got here or why you are here.
You don't 'know' either. Your guess is as good as mine.

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually without a God, your life is short and meaningless.
Says you. All life is short...meaningless is up to the individual. If you need a deity, in order for your existence to mean something to you, that's your problem.

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no reason to have been born and it doesn't really matter if your mother had aborted you or not.
I think it matters to her, and it certainly matters to me. Obviously it doesn't matter to YOU whether or not I had been aborted...

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a purposeless existance and it doesn't matter if you have children or not for they have no purpose either without God.
You are an arrogant individual, who assumes much. How do YOU know I have a purposeless existence? The fact that I don't lay around gazing at the stars, trying to figure out what my 'purpose' might be according to the plans of your deity, doesn't mean I don't have a purpose. I get to decide what my purpose is, and then I get to go about fulfilling it. And again...having been born matters to my children, and to me...even without belief in your 'God'.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He will allow us to use it as a 'litter box' as long as it suits His purpose.
Then he's an idiot, and his purpose sucks.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#310019 Sep 3, 2013
Junket wrote:
I think there is a difference between praying that you are not pregnant prior to confirmation and praying for a miscarriage. Please dear God in heaven above, please let me not be pregnant. Or, please dear God in heaven deliver unto me a miscarriage.
Ink, this is a secular country filled with something. Lots of bloviating hypocrisy from those that talk but don't walk.
Congrats to your nephew, Kathwynn. May he remain safe from harm.
Exactly ..Lol I'm sure,I had no idea what a,miscarriage,was ..nor if I was actually preggers,..I was a dumb 16 year old kid in the,sixties,..
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310020 Sep 3, 2013
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>Do you honestly believe that if you discovered tomorrow that there was no god your life would be completely meaningless? You've created nothing of value and have, in no way, added anything to mankind? If so, I find that a pitiable and sad existence.
If there is no God then we are all just happenstance living for a short time on the planet. Does it really matter what we do or how we live?

Since I do believe in God, I know that I am here in some small way to contribute to His plan. Whether it is someting on a direct and personal level or even if it is indirectly through a family line of someone else.
I think it is important as a wife and mother to set good examples of faith, ethics and morals in business and in my personal life.

If I believed there was no God I probably wouldn't care so much.
People who only believe that they live, eat and die, to me, are sad.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#310021 Sep 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Frankly, it says a lot about yours that if your prayers to no longer be pregnant had been answered 'yes', it wouldn't have been an abortion in your mind.
What a HOWLING hypocrite you can be, miss Rose.
Hmmm I'm sixteen praying that my being late dies NOT mean I'm pregnant

If I WAS,NOT pregnant ..from the one time I foolishly had sex...That would mean ..I did not conceive ..which is by the way what my true love ...Not...assured me ..one time can't make you ...pregnant ...as,I told you before ..long time ago ...any way ...I was stupid and ignorant .

I am not a hypocrite ....there are,other reasons to be late ...though honestly ...at that time ....I had that info from my best friend .

SO I PRAYED I WAS NOT PREGNANT ..SO WHAT .

HEY you asked me a question ..I was trying to answer as sincerely as I COULD about prayer ..I cannot believe that out if my answer y our all think I was praying to abort ...And called me a hypocrite to boot .

every woman has been late .That dies nit make her pregnant .I was a dumb kid ..praying the lateness did
NOT MEAN pregnancy ...geesh

How is,that either hypocrisy or praying for an abortion ...which term I never heard of until years,later ..

By the way I also prayed. I WAS PREGNANT..years later when I was trying
When I was again LATE a few times .
OH dear was that a bad thing for me TO do ...OR HYPOCRISY..to pray I WAS PREG when I was,ready...

You ever hope to u were going to have a baby ..

Sometime s you pray NO ..sometime s,yes ..why is that hypocrisy

HE SAID NO ..for almost two years ..then I Thankfully had the exact baby GOD intended for me ...

AGAIN ..it was a whole different society ...And time ..we knew nothing ...took weeks for a blood test or exam to know if you were pregnant ..

D doctors,would not schedule exams til you missed your second period .

There were,no ultrasounds,...THINGS HAVE CHANGED
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310022 Sep 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If your posts are any indication of how you 'think' or 'feel', I certainly don't want the deity you worship mucking around in my thoughts or feelings.
<quoted text>You don't 'know' either. Your guess is as good as mine.
<quoted text>Says you. All life is short...meaningless is up to the individual. If you need a deity, in order for your existence to mean something to you, that's your problem.
<quoted text>I think it matters to her, and it certainly matters to me. Obviously it doesn't matter to YOU whether or not I had been aborted...
<quoted text>You are an arrogant individual, who assumes much. How do YOU know I have a purposeless existence? The fact that I don't lay around gazing at the stars, trying to figure out what my 'purpose' might be according to the plans of your deity, doesn't mean I don't have a purpose. I get to decide what my purpose is, and then I get to go about fulfilling it. And again...having been born matters to my children, and to me...even without belief in your 'God'.
<quoted text>Then he's an idiot, and his purpose sucks.
Without God, as soon as you die your life is over and you will be meaningless. Only your children will remember you for a while.

You acyually don't get to decide anything important like when you are born, whether or not you are healthy, whether or not you can have children, when you die or how long you are remembered.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#310023 Sep 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that people don't honestly try to live up to their beliefs? It is dificult to always do the right thing but that doesn't mean it isn't worth the effort. It is very easy to live up to nothing and that is the philosophy I hear, here.
Live up to nothing? Iow, unless I'm cowed by a God, I can just do as I please within legal parameters? Has it ever crossed your mind that a person can be good hearted, kind and considerate, without ever once considering a payday (eternal reward)?

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#310024 Sep 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly ..Lol I'm sure,I had no idea what a,miscarriage,was ..nor if I was actually preggers,..I was a dumb 16 year old kid in the,sixties,..
Oth, you were smart enough to know that sexual intercourse could lead to pregnancy. Bing! We have a winner. Once is all it takes.

Oh but please, let's just keep talking AO in the classrooms. That's been hugely (and I do mean hugely) successful in Texas.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310025 Sep 3, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Live up to nothing? Iow, unless I'm cowed by a God, I can just do as I please within legal parameters? Has it ever crossed your mind that a person can be good hearted, kind and considerate, without ever once considering a payday (eternal reward)?
Yes it has but where do you think that thought process came from? What has inspired man to be kind to others and other species? A rare thing in the animal world outside of immediate family. Why do you think it is important to have laws which usually reflect a fairness to others?

Do you think you haven't been influenced by people of faith through the ages. Can you think of one totally atheist culture that operates like ours which was established mostly by Christians escaping England?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#310026 Sep 3, 2013
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>Do you honestly believe that if you discovered tomorrow that there was no god your life would be completely meaningless? You've created nothing of value and have, in no way, added anything to mankind? If so, I find that a pitiable and sad existence.
Hey C ..long time no see.

For a,long time I lived as if there were no God in my life ..though I believed He existed ...

It's hard to explain ..But believing in Him as Lord and Savior. Makes,a huge difference ...we ARE not alone ....we have Him ..:)
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310027 Sep 3, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Oth, you were smart enough to know that sexual intercourse could lead to pregnancy. Bing! We have a winner. Once is all it takes.
Oh but please, let's just keep talking AO in the classrooms. That's been hugely (and I do mean hugely) successful in Texas.
Abortion is what keeps the birth rate down in NY.

Indianapolis

#310028 Sep 3, 2013
It's called objective evaluation and character analysis; there is no hypocrisy involved. It's done to fictional characters in schools every day.

Your god has no say in what other people do; don't bring him into the conversation if you don't want to hear him in anything but adoring tones.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So don't complain that God isn't what you want while not accepting that there is a God. That is hypocrasy.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#310029 Sep 3, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
part of me knew .may be ..what it took to get preggers,

.the other part wanted to believe the BF..who was 4 years older ...said once..no way.

Any way ..I'm all for full sex e d in the classroom..if I didn't THAT WOULD MAKE ME A HYPOCRITE ..as I know,teens have sex ..obviously ...

http://www.topix.com/forum/family/teenagers/T...

Think it should be in PSA s, too ..And,no sex is the only way to be,sure ..But kids,should know,how,NOT to get pregnant .

BUT WE HAD NO SEXED ..no real biology of human reproduction ....like how or when it COuld happen ..cycles...hormones ...days if the month ...NADA,...we did not even know the real names for our hoo hoos.

I'm not kidding here...And the thing is..science in reproduction was really not all that hot to begin with ..we know so much more now .

Thing is,I WAS,LATE..I knew,that meant I might be pregnant ..I prayed
I was not ...

I did not even understand why a,pregnant woman didn't have a,period until much later ..

As,I said they didn't teach us,a,thing.

But I sure,as heck did not pray to abort or miscarry..had no clue that once you were pregnant things,COULD happen to make you not pregnant .

Seriously there might have Been people who had abortions,...But No one I know,ever knew,what that was,
And it was NOT THE NORM as some would have us believe

You got pregnant and had the baby ..period ...the sum total of what we,knew,...
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310030 Sep 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
It's called objective evaluation and character analysis; there is no hypocrisy involved. It's done to fictional characters in schools every day.
Your god has no say in what other people do; don't bring him into the conversation if you don't want to hear him in anything but adoring tones.
<quoted text>
Waht you say doesn't bother me at all. I am not insecure in my belief.

I don't have a problem with you thinking you are in control. I just think it is funny.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#310031 Sep 3, 2013
What

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RealDave 1,406,014
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Air quality scien... 60,667
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Wed Ize Found 70,836
Woman Stabbed, Man Shot Within Hours Of One Ano... (Aug '09) Wed TorresHtfdCt 95
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) Wed Chaimpie 93
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed stupid republicans 20,391
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Jul 26 silly rabbit 81

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages