Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,499)

Showing posts 289,961 - 289,980 of303,206
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know what is constructive to a cat?
Getting to the root of why your cat is scratching something up is more important than your things, wouldnt you say? Perhaps putting more scratching posts around your place or playing with the kitty more would be more constructive (in your eyes).
I don't know you or the cat, but I'm just making suggestions,ink. I'd much rather talk about cats and dogs anyway. It's probably a subject we could actually find common ground on.
That's my point what is constuctive to a cat like filing their nails on my table shouldn't be the same with people. Although it is a funny thought to see bitner getting a manicure by digging the finish off of her bureau.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Another 'low information voter'.
I've encouraged you to stop being so hard on yourself, Ink.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's amazing that some Christians think that humans are superior to other animals. We're different, yes, and have the ability to control other species, but superior? I think we've proved that that's not true.
It's amazing that you consider yourself on a par with an eel.

You would only be superior if you contributed more to society than said eel. Probably not.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Elise, if they begged you literally to pull a plug or give them a few extra pain pills they could stockpile, would you?
Legally, no. You could be convicted of manslaughter if caught? Or something - not up on the legal terms. Who in their right mind would take that chance? Not me. I like the illusion that I'm free, but if I decided time for a swan, I'm going. Kinda hope I'll be missed though... at least by a few.(Likely not Ink.:-)
Of course, we can't, legally. Ethically, I don't truly know when I would or wouldn't do such a thing. However, when someone is a hospice patient and actively dying, they have already expressed a wish to be allowed to die. We generally administer medications and other treatments that give physical and emotional comfort. Those treatments do ease the patient to an easier death, if not a quicker one.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should take all the toys away from your cat and leave him/her alone since you think they don't have feelings and you feel resentment towards your cat for daring to deface "your things".
Maybe you should just tell your cat that everything is yours.
Cats don't care. Everything exists for their pleasure. Gotta love cats:-)
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my point what is constuctive to a cat like filing their nails on my table shouldn't be the same with people. Although it is a funny thought to see bitner getting a manicure by digging the finish off of her bureau.
I'm going to back off on the insulting for now in favor of talking about any dog or cat issues.

I get your point and I don't know if cats think in terms of constructiveness or destructiveness, but does that make the act of scratching something up wrong or evil? Some might see that as doing something wrong, but the cat might have a health issue or might just be craving play or attention. Perhaps the cat is trying to communicate something to you, even if it is just to say "I'm here". They make sticky tape or something like that To help reduce excessive scratching.

See, i can be nice once in a while :-)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you express remorse after eating a hamburger, you ridiculous harpy? Or are you more likely to belch in satisfaction and pleasure after you've crammed your face full of dead cow?
Your bedside table doesn't mean shit to your cat - it's not what he'd try to save in a dangerous situation, although you might, even if you could save him instead.
http://oldnews.aadl.org/files/images/document...
I rest my case.
Excellent point.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing that you consider yourself on a par with an eel.
You would only be superior if you contributed more to society than said eel. Probably not.
Having the ability to control other animals doesn't make one superior. You really aren't clever or witty.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My cat didn't eat the mouse only tortured it and proudly left the dead thing next to his full plate of food.
As far as my table goes since I feed and shelter him, shouldn't he be respectful of my property or isn't he capable of that, emotionally?
Did your God create cats and make them the way they are?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I did already amd so did Playa. We agree that my cat has no ability to take my feelings into consideration. Something a person can do.
You really don't know that for a fact. Have you ever cried and had a pet come over and cuddle with you? My dogs have, and I strongly belief they sensed my distress.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That emotion seems to be misguided and inappropriate. Can you imagine if a person showed such pride and delight for toruring and killing a dog or a cat, we would have him under observation because he is showing early signs of a serial killer.
Perhaps you should've had this discussion with Jeffrey Dahmer.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to back off on the insulting for now in favor of talking about any dog or cat issues.
I get your point and I don't know if cats think in terms of constructiveness or destructiveness, but does that make the act of scratching something up wrong or evil? Some might see that as doing something wrong, but the cat might have a health issue or might just be craving play or attention. Perhaps the cat is trying to communicate something to you, even if it is just to say "I'm here". They make sticky tape or something like that To help reduce excessive scratching.
See, i can be nice once in a while :-)
My point would be that cats are incapable of evil. They don't have the thought process to be evil. People do.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't know that for a fact. Have you ever cried and had a pet come over and cuddle with you? My dogs have, and I strongly belief they sensed my distress.
I believe that they do too.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

<quoted text>
Did your God create cats and make them the way they are?
Yes

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

<quoted text>
I agree, wholeheartedly. Dogs, cats and other animals exhibit empathetic behavior, regularly.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, wholeheartedly. Dogs, cats and other animals exhibit empathetic behavior, regularly.
Some animals, such as elephants, mourn their dead.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings RoSe!
In that respect, they *are* like people.
And like people, they can get bored and lonely. Unsure what to do when they're elderly, sick and terminal. We have no problem euthanizing them, why can't we extend the same courtesy to homo sapiens? With their permission, of course.
Personally I don't fear dying as much as I fear lingering in pain and wishing "God" would just kill me. Legally speaking, my sick goose won't be cooked until I take my last long exhaling breath and am legally declared - she's gone, may she rest in peace.
That make sense to you? I wouldn't wish that on enemy, let alone someone I love.
No I would not wish for myself or any one a long painful death .

We have two cats ..one relatively normal

The other I took in to save ..But I have no idea,what I'd do if she
Got sick ..unless,she passes,out she won't let you catch her ..if you try to hold her ..really bad scratches,..on hubby ..I don't try lol.

And she can hide ...no idea where .

Sigh ..

But my sweet puddy our cat for sixteen years,..I still cry ..I held her as she died at the vet ..

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

<quoted text>
My old cat puddy. Always knew,if I was sick or upset .

She was my girls pet ..Not allowed in my bedroom..Lol

Well dtr went to college ..I would be in my room reading or wAtching tv.

She crept in little by little each night ..c loser and closer ..' lol.

She be next to me or across the bed..c loser if I was upset .

If I used the computer at my feet .

Dang I loved her .

These two if the get in the room ..make noise or the "normal " one crawls,over my head ..ugh ..I hate that ..Lol.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

<quoted text>
Some animals, such as elephants, mourn their dead.
I saw that documentary that showed a very succinct account of that. There's no doubt.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

OK I got this on another thread ..saved to send my daughter...Lol.

How To Give Your Cat A Pill 1. Pick up cat and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow. 2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process. 3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away. 4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm, holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten. 5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden. 6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously. 7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later. 8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw. 9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink 1 beer to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap. 10. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard, and close door on to neck, to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band. 11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of scotch. Pour shot, drink. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw Tee shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom. 12. Call fire department to retrieve the damn cat from across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap. 13. Tie the little bastard's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of filet steak. Be rough about it. Hold head vertically and pour 2 pints of water down throat to wash pill down. 14. Consume remainder of scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table. 15. Arrange for SPCA to collect mutant cat from hell and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 289,961 - 289,980 of303,206
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Hartford County was issued at April 18 at 11:37AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE