Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311485 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309771 Aug 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say that there is something different in our makeup that allows for animals to eat their young without being considered evil where a human would be totally evil. Perhaps we are the superior species. At least some of us are. The others probably would eat their young.
You would say that you are smarter than your cat, even though he's the one getting free meals, using a designated litterbox (which you keep clean for him) and leaving messes in your house without being evicted... and you're the one who uses fossil fuels, thus, in effect, defecating where you eat.

Who cares what you would say?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#309772 Aug 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your strawman was in insisting free will is part of my point. It is not.
"His omniscience allows him to know what that being's choices will be but he can very well choose to not exercise his omnipotence to control the choices that being makes."

And such a lack of action would ALSO be part of his plan, then.
Precisely, his plan is that you are free to exercise choice without his dictating which choice you will make. The fact that he knows what you will choose does not alter that fact.

The poster Ink mentioned that she believes that God does not want man to behave badly. You admonished her by saying that is not what you said and that she was twisting your words. But at the same time you claim that God's plan includes all....both bad and good.

So please tell me....what God creates a plan that he does NOT WANT to come to fruition ?
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#309773 Aug 29, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, she's weird like that:-)
I can't talk about cats for long, though. I'm very allergic to them.
That's quite the allergy!
I'm allergic to cats, but ive learned to cope with it over the past few years. Still, some days are worse than others.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#309774 Aug 29, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely, his plan is that you are free to exercise choice without his dictating which choice you will make. The fact that he knows what you will choose does not alter that fact.
The poster Ink mentioned that she believes that God does not want man to behave badly. You admonished her by saying that is not what you said and that she was twisting your words. But at the same time you claim that God's plan includes all....both bad and good.
So please tell me....what God creates a plan that he does NOT WANT to come to fruition ?
It was not what I'd said. Sorry, but it wasn't.

By the way, the conversation has moved on. No one else cares any longer.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309775 Aug 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You would say that you are smarter than your cat, even though he's the one getting free meals, using a designated litterbox (which you keep clean for him) and leaving messes in your house without being evicted... and you're the one who uses fossil fuels, thus, in effect, defecating where you eat.
Who cares what you would say?
Humans who get free meals, craping in a litterbox, and soil there houses enough to be evicted are not considered smart or kept in any high regard. Probably worse than a dumb animal who doesn't know better.

It is interesting what you admire.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309776 Aug 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you were smarter than this, but apparently not so much.
Regardless of vegans, you have still made my point: If we're the only species which commits evil, and thusly, the only one which recognizes it, it hardly makes the case that we are 'superior' to all other animals.
You can try again if you like.
Yup, it is called conscience.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309778 Aug 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not what I'd said. Sorry, but it wasn't.
By the way, the conversation has moved on. No one else cares any longer.
You don't know what you said.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309780 Aug 29, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>No! Our ability to RECOGNIZE evil makes us superior beings.
And to turn away from it and fight it when we see it.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#309781 Aug 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say that there is something different in our makeup that allows for animals to eat their young without being considered evil where a human would be totally evil. Perhaps we are the superior species. At least some of us are. The others probably would eat their young.
"Perhaps we are the superior species. At least some of us are. The others probably would eat their young."

Is that the "humility" I hear Christians refer to and often talk about, Ink?
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#309782 Aug 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you were smarter than this, but apparently not so much.
Regardless of vegans, you have still made my point: If we're the only species which commits evil, and thusly, the only one which recognizes it, it hardly makes the case that we are 'superior' to all other animals.
You can try again if you like.
OK. Do you place yourself on a higher level as we beasts?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#309784 Aug 29, 2013
John-K wrote:
Good evening all!
Well, Mom and Dad were both discharged yesterday afternoon and are both back at home now--Mom didn't have to go to a secondary rehab unit after all--much to her relief!
They're both going to receive P-T three times a week, at home, as well as periodic visits from an R.N. to make sure that they're adhering to their prescribed schedules.
My sincerest thanks to everyone who's wished us well, and I'm tentatively hoping that things around their house will continue to slowly "improve."
Best,
John.
Sweet, and I feel bad in that I didn't even know. My visits are sporadic. Nice to know that it's better!:D
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309785 Aug 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Perhaps we are the superior species. At least some of us are. The others probably would eat their young."
Is that the "humility" I hear Christians refer to and often talk about, Ink?
Humility? How does that play out in this discussion?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309786 Aug 29, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>OK. Do you place yourself on a higher level as we beasts?
He/she is slightly below.

Location hidden

#309787 Aug 29, 2013
Where's Foo?

Location hidden

#309788 Aug 29, 2013
grumpy wrote:
Let me chime in and give you my opinion of how I regard myself in comparison..... YES! But you are welcome in that I bother
THINK ABOUT IT

Louisburg, NC

#309789 Aug 29, 2013
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20A ...

ABORTION AMERICA'S #1 KILLER

by Pastor Greg Wilson

There is currently at work in our nation a most dangerous killer. It consistently takes more lives than any disease, famine, or war we have ever faced.

Every month this killer takes more American lives than were lost in the entire Vietnam War. Every six months more die from its relentless onslaught than in all our previous wars combined or in all the fatal automobile accidents of the past twenty years. Every 2 to 3 years it claims more victims than the Nazi Holocaust.

Obama: Syrian govt behind chemical weapons attack
President Barack Obama says the U.S. has concluded that Syria carried out a chemical attack on civilians last week, but…
obama says syria behind gas attack: president barack obama

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama on Wednesday declared unequivocally that the United States has "concluded" that the Syrian government carried out a deadly chemical weapons attack on civilians.http://t.msn.com/?fa =http%3a%2f%2fnews.msn.com%2fu s%2fobama-syrian-govt-behind-c hemical-weapons-attack%3focid% 3dansnews11&ref=bing&f id=AmNews-253308308-261211016

WITCH ONE IS MORE A EVIL KILLER/ KILLING BABIES OR ADULTS?

TWO EVILS DO NOT MAKE A RIGHT!

God will not hold this nation guiltless for this great bloodbath. Indeed, the Bible tells us that He hates “hands that shed innocent blood”(Proverbs 6:16-17). Certainly, there can be none more innocent than the unborn.

Abortion advocates ignore these innocent victims of abortion. Testimony given at U.S. government sponsored public hearings indicated that in the so-called family planning clinics:“The baby is dehumanized as much as possible by being termed a ‘blob,’‘products of conception’ or ‘uterine contents.’ Not even the term fetus is used by counselors.”

God however has a different view of the unborn. He told the prophet Jeremiah,“Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.”(Jeremiah 1:5). He said of John the Baptist:“For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother’s womb.”(Luke 1:15). Clearly, God views the unborn as human and precious.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#309790 Aug 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Humility? How does that play out in this discussion?
Hey there. Do you think you'd check out the tv show "my cat from hell? It's on animal planet and it is a pretty interesting and educating show. If you're a lover of cats, you might enjoy it.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309791 Aug 29, 2013
grumpy wrote:
Of course not. I don't 'place' ANY animal on a higher level than any other. I recognize us all as being part of the wheel of life. Wheels are round, and have no high point.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309792 Aug 29, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there. Do you think you'd check out the tv show "my cat from hell? It's on animal planet and it is a pretty interesting and educating show. If you're a lover of cats, you might enjoy it.
Ok, I will. I do love my cats. I also had the smartest dog that was ever born. Her instincts were incredible.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#309793 Aug 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I will. I do love my cats. I also had the smartest dog that was ever born. Her instincts were incredible.
I'm not sure what type of tv service you have but the show is free on demand with cablevision.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,403,226
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 36 min TRD 70,824
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr OMTE 20,386
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 72,036
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Fri litesong 60,655
PZC meeting on firearms store Jul 21 Dogmother 2
Elliot Zweig, MD - West Hartford CT Jul 20 Walter Dejanec 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages