Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,588
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309501 Aug 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you did disagree with her.
And, Liar, I did't say she SAID it, I said she implied it. Which she did. The implication was clearly there for anyone NOT witless.
You misunderstood her meaning and my response. That is quite normal for you. That's why some on here call you 'Twister'.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#309502 Aug 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are kind of a blanket group.
You are full of arrogance & baseless claims..... And you're full of feces for jesus, too.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309503 Aug 26, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You are full of arrogance & baseless claims..... And you're full of feces for jesus, too.
Did you ever disagree with a pcer or are you just in lockstep?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309504 Aug 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
From CNA
Focusing first on moral evil, the question could be phrased as: "If there is a good God, then why did He create morally evil people?" In considering this question, we must realize that God does not create evil people (Gen. 1:26-31). Being all-knowing, God does knowingly create people who will be sinners, but knowledge and control are different. God created us with the gift of free will - the ability to willfully choose Him or reject Him. We choose to sin - to reject God - through willful disobedience. This rejection is a void in God's plan for us.
God wants us to love Him, but without free will, we could not sincerely love Him. We cannot be forced to love someone. If God created us without free will, we would be living machines and not made in His image and likeness. God permits moral evil to the extent that He gives us free will. Thanks to us, the moral evil in the world is the result of our choice.
"....a void in God's plan for us." Interesting. So this all-knowing god has 'voids' in his 'vast eternal plan'.

A likely story...but just a tad too 'convenient' for my taste.

Ah well...it's your story to enjoy. Enjoy it in good health.

I prefer contemporary fiction to the ancient kind. It's a wonderful world.
worships reality

United States

#309505 Aug 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Is he staying in your mom's room? We allow that, sometimes.
"we" allow that......

lol !
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309506 Aug 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>"....a void in God's plan for us." Interesting. So this all-knowing god has 'voids' in his 'vast eternal plan'.
A likely story...but just a tad too 'convenient' for my taste.
Ah well...it's your story to enjoy. Enjoy it in good health.
I prefer contemporary fiction to the ancient kind. It's a wonderful world.
You believe that for there to be a God then everyone would do exactly as He wants like pets in a cage?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#309507 Aug 26, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the teachers of Carlsbad know how to
read and write in English?
Or were all of you in Special Ed.?
Cave people, right.
What odd questions you ask. I wouldn't know about Carlsbad. I've only visited for a day, to see the Caverns. Awesome!

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#309508 Aug 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so she's getting loans and grants for school, yet she's supposed to stay at home and take care of her kids?
You DO realize that not ALL programs allow you to take classes online, right? Do YOU want a nurse taking care of you who has never been in a lab or clinical setting?
And what, in the meantime, is she supposed to do to feed her children, clothe her children, have a roof over her head?
And how many people like you would rant and rave over the fact that she's getting assistance, yet can pay for the internet in order to DO classes online, IF she can?
You people just don't think things through.
Stop making sense.
worships reality

United States

#309509 Aug 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately most Repubs have been using that canard as an excuse for slashing the social safety net, since it was put into place.
It's crap.
it's reality. dems seek to perpetuate a society of govt dependence without which they'd be out of a platform and likely a job. what's crap is the notion that those that recognize that the lack of intitiative and sense of entitlement that these systems foster, and the rampant abuse and waste inherent in these systems and wish to change the status quo,
somehow opppose government assistance for those who are truly and unavoidably in need.
worships reality

United States

#309510 Aug 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I don't know what manna-entrenched place you live, but in this city any job opening has at least 50 applicants. As a friend put it, yo9u can't gt a job as a grocery bagger without a college degree. What are the other 49 people supposed to live on?
<quoted text>
what horseshit. you are a dependence enabler. so where you are, of all legal working age people who are actively seeking employment, only 1 in 50 are able to find a job ? any job ? just what city do you live in ? i want to check your bogus numbers.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309511 Aug 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that for there to be a God then everyone would do exactly as He wants like pets in a cage?
Where do you think we got the idea to keep pets in cages, Ink?

We're created in his image, right?

To be honest, I think your God is a teenager with a gigantic ant farm...and his plan is to eventually smash the glass.

Any deity with an interest in the inhabitants of such a glorious creation as our fragile planet, would have created humans without such a propensity to destroy it....therefore, the ultimate goal must be to see it destroyed.

I don't believe in your god.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309512 Aug 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you think we got the idea to keep pets in cages, Ink?
We're created in his image, right?
To be honest, I think your God is a teenager with a gigantic ant farm...and his plan is to eventually smash the glass.
Any deity with an interest in the inhabitants of such a glorious creation as our fragile planet, would have created humans without such a propensity to destroy it....therefore, the ultimate goal must be to see it destroyed.
I don't believe in your god.
And you don't have to.

Tell me though, do you think there is any reason for us to be here and be different mentality and emotionally from animals?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309513 Aug 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And you don't have to.
Tell me though, do you think there is any reason for us to be here and be different mentality and emotionally from animals?
No - but then I don't attach a whole lot to the idea that there is one. Certainly, life is worth living whether we 'know why we're here' or not....it's even wonderful if there IS no 'why'.

We're born, we live, we die. Let's all just use our tickets wisely, try not to mess up the amusement park, and be happy we got to ride the rides. We only get one trip.

*shrug*
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#309514 Aug 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
From CNA
Focusing first on moral evil, the question could be phrased as: "If there is a good God, then why did He create morally evil people?" In considering this question, we must realize that God does not create evil people (Gen. 1:26-31). Being all-knowing, God does knowingly create people who will be sinners, but knowledge and control are different. God created us with the gift of free will - the ability to willfully choose Him or reject Him. We choose to sin - to reject God - through willful disobedience. This rejection is a void in God's plan for us.
God wants us to love Him, but without free will, we could not sincerely love Him. We cannot be forced to love someone. If God created us without free will, we would be living machines and not made in His image and likeness. God permits moral evil to the extent that He gives us free will. Thanks to us, the moral evil in the world is the result of our choice.
One more time.
The serpent gave Eve the will to eat the apple. Not God! God's response was that we all have "original sin" because Eve used free will.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309515 Aug 26, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>One more time.
The serpent gave Eve the will to eat the apple. Not God! God's response was that we all have "original sin" because Eve used free will.
Their point would be that God put the apple there and knew that Eve would eat it so he planned it that way.

They all live, eat and die and it is enough for them. There is no interest in why we might be here and the reason why.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#309516 Aug 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing. It is fitting for this thread too.
Too bad you don't follow your own advice.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#309517 Aug 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have at least a working knowledge of the subject if you want to discuss it, don't you think. He/she didn't and didn't want one.
Where in the post did he/she claim to not have the knowledge?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#309518 Aug 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's still ALL part of his plan, then, the good AND the bad.
LOL, sorry, but your mythological version of Deity has nothing to do with me. I'm merely pointing out that you people try to have your cake AND eat it, too.
Don't you love how the fundies will tell you that their God "has a plan" and then they'll tell you about "free will"?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309519 Aug 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Their point would be that God put the apple there and knew that Eve would eat it so he planned it that way..
Now you're catching on....
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They all live, eat and die and it is enough for them. There is no interest in why we might be here and the reason why.
Hold the phone there, Dinkle....who besides me has advanced that opinion?

Don't lump all pro-choice posters together in one bowl of oatmeal, ok?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#309520 Aug 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The scary thingies seeing it as a,possibility your own Kids may face
On your behalf .
It's just part of life. We can't avoid it, unless we die suddenly, which isn't how most people want to lose their parents. Caring for one's aging, sick parents shouldn't be seen as a scary possibility, but as an inevitable honor. People are living longer, but not because they are living healthier. Modern medicine keeps them going, but they tend to have a lot of health problems and a lot of needs that need attending. Therefore, their children need to figure caring for their old people into their life plans. I think Americans have a screwed up view on aging and on death.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Big Kitty 1,143,665
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min OzRitz 48,529
Schools audit has Bridgeport working out its pr... 1 hr American Gentlema... 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Judith Feinberg 19,478
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,789
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr JOEL 70,612
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Mon audrea Quinones 44

Winter Storm Warning for Hartford County was issued at November 25 at 11:11PM EST

Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:41 pm PST