Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310473 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Grime doesnt stay

Bronx, NY

#309176 Aug 23, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
Correction:
200,000 illegal abortions/year before RvW.
1,200,000 legal abortions/year after RvW.
Appears to me that legalizing abortion made it skyrocket out of control.

Ooooo but these women didn't know that they'd get pregnant after screwing around.
Grime doesnt stay

Bronx, NY

#309177 Aug 23, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone that calls abortion rights sexist just advertises their own manipulative fundie identity. Literally, no one but a true sexist would think that they can be taken seriously after trying that ridiculous argument. I just laugh at them; they're clowns.
Females reside in the womb. If you are a feminist,then you'd make sure your own is protected and not victimized by those who want to exterminate them. Bet you're all talk.
Grime doesnt stay

Bronx, NY

#309178 Aug 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandpa told me how during great depression churches closed there doors and would not help poor people.
Great depression took its toll all over. Ya Gramps sounds like a bigger ditz than you. Apple won't fall far from the tree eh?
worships reality

AOL

#309179 Aug 23, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no reason to "negate" what I said
and why would you ? you embrace your bigotry.
..and I got the added satisfaction of seeing so many people enjoy what I said.
and the squadron of prejudiced swine lined up behind to howl at your bigotry somehow makes you feel better about yourself?
I'm still waiting for you to show where I used the word "all".
wait no more bigot. stop insisting that because you didn't specifically use the word "all" that it somehow means you weren't implicating all priests by saying who invited the priest in here.
it's demeaning to us both.

if an admitted murderer posted on this site and someone had asked, without having any clue as to the identity of the poster, "who invited the black person on this site?" --- is that or is it not a bigotted statement?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#309180 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"He speaks of not committing murder. Aborting a child 'He knowns' is murder."
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Since everyone dies, I guess that is part of His plan.
Then I guess you really have nothing to complain about.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#309181 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he said he has no interest in the subject.
No, he did not.

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
"To me the bible is the BUYBULL....It is your cult myth not mine and I don't have to follow it...SO SAYS OUR CONSTITUTION!!!!!!!!!!"

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#309182 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah lol, the whole abortion thing is silly.
Just like an unseen sky-dwelling magic man who can read everyone's mind is silly.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#309183 Aug 23, 2013
No, because I: a) always have my cats spayed or neutered, and b) know better than to allow a housecat to roam unattended. You must be a really irresponsible pet owner.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
CPeter, you're best described as a clever imbecile.
You're the type of person who would cut out a hole in the door for your cat. And, when your cat has kittens you'd cut three holes for them.
If questioned about your rationale, you'd (as Kathywyn says so eloquently) stomp your feet impotently.
Gtown71

United States

#309184 Aug 23, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
I got this,from a post which was from A Facebook post ..Lol..said she wanted to share it
THE BEST DIVORCE LETTER EVER! Dear Wife, Iím writing you this letter to tell you that Iím leaving you forever. Iíve been a good man to you for 7 years & I have nothing to show for it. These last 2 weeks have been awful.... Your boss called to tell me that you quit your job today & that was the last straw. Last week, you came home & didnít even notice I had a new haircut, had cooked your favorite meal & even wore a brand new pair of silk boxers. You ate in 2 minutes, & went straight to sleep after watching all of your soaps. You donít tell me you love me anymore; you donít want hugs or anything that connects us as husband & wife. Either youíre cheating on me or you donít love me anymore; whatever the case, Iím gone. Your EX-Husband P.S. donít try to find me. Your SISTER & I are moving away together! Have a great life!óó
Dear Ex-Husband Nothing has made my day more than receiving your letter. Itís true you & I have been married for 7 years, although a good man is a far cry from what youíve been. I watch my soaps so much because they drown out your constant whining & griping Too bad that doesnít work. I DID notice when you got a hair cut last week, but the 1st thing that came to mind was ĎYou look just like a girl!í Since my mother raised me not to say anything if you canít say something nice, I didnít comment. And when you cooked my favorite meal, you must have gotten me confused with MY SISTER, because I stopped eating pork 7 years ago. About those new silk boxers: I turned away from you because the $49.99 price tag was still on them, & I prayed it was a coincidence that my sister had just borrowed $50 from me that morning. After all of this, I still loved you & felt we could work it out. So when I hit the lotto for 10 million dollars, I quit my job & bought us 2 tickets to Jamaica But when I got home you were gone.. Everything happens for a reason, I guess. I hope you have the fulfilling life you always wanted. My lawyer said that the letter you wrote ensures you wonít get a dime from me. So take care. Signed, Your Ex-Wife, Rich As heck & Free! P.S. I donít know if I ever told you this, but my sister Carla was born Carl. I hope thatís not a problem...
Lol - great!
I just got home!! Yea!!
I've been inside a secure location all week. Not allowed any electronics, but untill sun. Night I'm good. Three more week's of this :(

I just thought I was a bad boy. I've seen some of the worst the world has to offer, but still believe it's by the grace of God I'm not in there with them.

Hope all is well with ya lady, but still miss elise for some reason :(
Perhaps she will manage to work in forgiveness one day :)

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#309185 Aug 23, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
and why would you ? you embrace your bigotry.
<quoted text>
and the squadron of prejudiced swine lined up behind to howl at your bigotry somehow makes you feel better about yourself?
<quoted text>
wait no more bigot. stop insisting that because you didn't specifically use the word "all" that it somehow means you weren't implicating all priests by saying who invited the priest in here.
it's demeaning to us both.
if an admitted murderer posted on this site and someone had asked, without having any clue as to the identity of the poster, "who invited the black person on this site?" --- is that or is it not a bigotted statement?
"if an admitted murderer posted on this site and someone had asked, without having any clue as to the identity of the poster, "who invited the black person on this site?" --- is that or is it not a bigotted statement?"

Hmmmm...why do you keep using "black person" over and over in this example you're using?
Gtown71

United States

#309186 Aug 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. "Good and evil" are simply things that are positive or negative from a human perspective.
Again, either you believe your God is omniscient, omnipotent and the only creator of the universe, or you don't.
Many thing that many humans considered evil are not considered evil now. How far do you think it will go?
Gtown71

United States

#309187 Aug 23, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like an unseen sky-dwelling magic man who can read everyone's mind is silly.
Hey La moon. Enjoy your post. When I was an atheist -I thought I knew the truth, yet looking back I was a dishonest atheist.

I let what others said, and personal experience dictate or strengthen my beliefs.

A true atheist should study with an open mind what the Word of God says and be willing to go wherever those results take them, no matter where they take them.

Glad to have known you lady :)
Gtown71

United States

#309188 Aug 23, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
No, because I: a) always have my cats spayed or neutered, and b) know better than to allow a housecat to roam unattended. You must be a really irresponsible pet owner.
<quoted text>
A few years ago I spent over 600 bucks getting my dogs fixed. I didn't get one of them fixed since he was gay.

Just kidding -he was old :)

Hope all is well with you cp.
Gtown71

United States

#309189 Aug 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
That's what happens when one tries to have it both ways. Their God is supposedly omniscient and omnipotent, AND the only one who created everything. Yet they'll turn around and deny that he created the negative as well as the positive, and that man (or Satan, they go back and forth) has the creative power of a God that can create "evil".
Such nonsense.
The makers of sudafed or coleman fuel, lithium batteries, didn't make meth.
Just a thought.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309190 Aug 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The makers of sudafed or coleman fuel, lithium batteries, didn't make meth.
Just a thought.
How do you know?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309191 Aug 23, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Your short-term memory is poor. Catholic Charities helps more poor & underserved than any other non-for-profit in the world.
The Catholic Church is not now, nor has it ever been, either a non-profit OR a not-for-profit entity.

Popes are worth billions. Poor people still starve.

Next...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#309192 Aug 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol - great!
I just got home!! Yea!!
I've been inside a secure location all week. Not allowed any electronics, but untill sun. Night I'm good. Three more week's of this :(
I just thought I was a bad boy. I've seen some of the worst the world has to offer, but still believe it's by the grace of God I'm not in there with them.
Hope all is well with ya lady, but still miss elise for some reason :(
Perhaps she will manage to work in forgiveness one day :)
Well I think Moon still likes you ..waiting on that pic though ..Bruce .

I hope the time flies for you .

God bless G.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#309193 Aug 24, 2013
Probe and inspection of those (from no more cover-up and evading from finding) by orchestrating and staging fraudulence, by wrongdoers tied with insurgent terrorist Muslim rebel groups, by using chemicals to poison others--including children in Syria, are needed, as those bad wrongdoers device their scheme to make thinking whichever used chemical weapons by problem and trouble-makers, so that others would fall into the prey.

UN officials had better do no wrong, while US is being watched if it has done anything wrongful by committing against Universal law so far.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#309194 Aug 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey La moon. Enjoy your post. When I was an atheist -I thought I knew the truth, yet looking back I was a dishonest atheist.
I let what others said, and personal experience dictate or strengthen my beliefs.
A true atheist should study with an open mind what the Word of God says and be willing to go wherever those results take them, no matter where they take them.
Glad to have known you lady :)
Hello G.

I never claimed to know the truth, but you still think you know the truth...correct? So what makes an atheist who thinks they know the truth any different from a religious person who thinks they know the truth?

I am in no way dishonest about my beliefs, or lack of beliefs. I have read the bible. I grew up going to religious classes and attending bible study groups. I went to church for many years. I have discussed and thought about the existence or non-existence of a God for most of my life.

I like you G, but I take exception to your implication that I became an atheist without some knowledge foundation OR an open mind.

Have I let you or anyone else here "dictate" my beliefs? No.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#309195 Aug 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Many thing that many humans considered evil are not considered evil now. How far do you think it will go?
One, didn't you read what I said. "Good and evil" are simply positive or negative things from a human perspective. The keyword there being "perspective". Perspective, everyone's got one, just like opinions and assholes.

Two, what has your question to do with the point? It will "go" where it goes, and there's not a thing you can do about it. So deal. Trying to stop the changing perspective of anyone, even yourself, is like trying to hold back the tide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min PumpingIron 1,274,932
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr litesong 54,496
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr Ariel Sharon 70,157
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) 10 hr Verna x 290
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Thu Norbert of Norview 71,944
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu Mother Mcreeeeee 20,096
In The War on Police Traffic Stops Have Become ... Wed Culture Auditor 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages