Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311873 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309156 Aug 23, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does my belief make?
None really.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309157 Aug 23, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing that you claim to know Gods will. Spare us your arrogance.
It is written quite clearly, if you can read.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309158 Aug 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't say. And I suppose you don't see any irony here, huh?
Are you SURE that was the entire plan, by the way? JUST that?
No I don't see any irony. We can make good decisions and bad decisions and He knows the difference.

My thought is that hurting others no matter how small is probably a bad decision.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#309160 Aug 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
When daily poor children and people die from starvation and lack of medical care in USA the far right thinks that is fine and wont do one thing to help those. In fact the far right wants to make it harder on those so more die.
Yes it's HIRRID that children are nog well fed.

However Christian charities have been taking care of the poor in organized and unorganized esu since Christianity began .

We just don't want to see babies aborted..That dies not men we do nothing to help them .

Before t her was a government program ..churches were there supporting the poor.

And a dollar in care equalled a dollar for the poor..nit money going through bureaucracies..subject to waste and fraud
conservative crapola

Matawan, NJ

#309163 Aug 23, 2013
And thousands of unborn children are killed every day. No wonder the USA has so much violence. It is acceptable to tear unborn children out of the womb just for our convenience - as though the children are just trash to be casually discarded.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309164 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are blaming God for your own shortfalls. Man up and take responsibility for your own flaws. I do believe that we are created with a general weakness and it is part of our life's journey to overcome. It isn't easy, but I believe it is worth the trip.
I certainly don't blame a deity I don't believe in, for any of my shortcomings. I own them. However, you claim to believe in Him, yet you refuse to give him credit for all he supposedly created...such as the ability and tendency of man to commit 'evil'. Or the inclusion in his omniscient 'plan' of everything occurring under the sun...such as abortion.

You want it both ways, and your heel-bouncing intensifies with every obstacle laid in front of your path to that outcome.

Whiner.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309165 Aug 23, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
And thousands of unborn children are killed every day. No wonder the USA has so much violence. It is acceptable to tear unborn children out of the womb just for our convenience - as though the children are just trash to be casually discarded.
In-vitro fertilization techniques include casually, and routinely, discarding 'unborn children' out of Petri dishes. Are you opposed to IVF, as well? Or is it just more fun for you to control wombs, than it is to control Petri dishes?

Location hidden

#309166 Aug 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandpa told me how during great depression churches closed there doors and would not help poor people.
CHARITY NAVIGATOR...non religious ..rates charities ..
As to how much money goes for the actual work intended .

This one brings,relief in poor neighborhoods,as well as foster areas .

how does you've charity rate in using your money ..I'm curious

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm...

And this one
To be fair to other religions,

Bring relief

Do do Jewish Charities

No idea about a church that closed ..maybe they had no money even for services,..have no idea
No Relativism

United States

#309167 Aug 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Yu try to use your religious beliefs as why for this or that...AGAIN RELIGION HOLDS NO SWAY OR HAS NO PLACE IN LAW OR GOVERNMENT. So says our Constitution.
First you bash religion, then you say religion should feed all the poor so your tax dollars don't have to.

You're a mess..........

Maybe get off your fat azz and help others. You use your time to try to KILL defenseless babies in the womb.

You're pathetic.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#309168 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear, you aren't capable of giving one.
LOL, you're projecting.

And don't flirt with me. I'm a happily married woman and have no interest in you.
No Relativism

United States

#309169 Aug 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
If churches and religious had done there job we never would have needed or need now welfare. So how about instead of building huge mansions churches and getting rich off donations why don't you help.
Your short-term memory is poor. Catholic Charities helps more poor & underserved than any other non-for-profit in the world.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309170 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by negative and positive?
Evil isn't a thing produced by God. It is a behavior to be chosen.
Nonsense. "Good and evil" are simply things that are positive or negative from a human perspective.

Again, either you believe your God is omniscient, omnipotent and the only creator of the universe, or you don't.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309171 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't see any irony. We can make good decisions and bad decisions and He knows the difference.
My thought is that hurting others no matter how small is probably a bad decision.
If the plan is for us to make our own decision, and truly free will, then even abortion is part of his plan.

Location hidden

#309172 Aug 23, 2013
I got this,from a post which was from A Facebook post ..Lol..said she wanted to share it
THE BEST DIVORCE LETTER EVER! Dear Wife, I’m writing you this letter to tell you that I’m leaving you forever. I’ve been a good man to you for 7 years & I have nothing to show for it. These last 2 weeks have been awful.... Your boss called to tell me that you quit your job today & that was the last straw. Last week, you came home & didn’t even notice I had a new haircut, had cooked your favorite meal & even wore a brand new pair of silk boxers. You ate in 2 minutes, & went straight to sleep after watching all of your soaps. You don’t tell me you love me anymore; you don’t want hugs or anything that connects us as husband & wife. Either you’re cheating on me or you don’t love me anymore; whatever the case, I’m gone. Your EX-Husband P.S. don’t try to find me. Your SISTER & I are moving away together! Have a great life!——
Dear Ex-Husband Nothing has made my day more than receiving your letter. It’s true you & I have been married for 7 years, although a good man is a far cry from what you’ve been. I watch my soaps so much because they drown out your constant whining & griping Too bad that doesn’t work. I DID notice when you got a hair cut last week, but the 1st thing that came to mind was ‘You look just like a girl!’ Since my mother raised me not to say anything if you can’t say something nice, I didn’t comment. And when you cooked my favorite meal, you must have gotten me confused with MY SISTER, because I stopped eating pork 7 years ago. About those new silk boxers: I turned away from you because the $49.99 price tag was still on them, & I prayed it was a coincidence that my sister had just borrowed $50 from me that morning. After all of this, I still loved you & felt we could work it out. So when I hit the lotto for 10 million dollars, I quit my job & bought us 2 tickets to Jamaica But when I got home you were gone.. Everything happens for a reason, I guess. I hope you have the fulfilling life you always wanted. My lawyer said that the letter you wrote ensures you won’t get a dime from me. So take care. Signed, Your Ex-Wife, Rich As heck & Free! P.S. I don’t know if I ever told you this, but my sister Carla was born Carl. I hope that’s not a problem...
No Relativism

United States

#309173 Aug 23, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Puddles! Take a seat in your bean bag.
I'll try to explain my position on abortion (again). One WOMAN at a time searches her heart and mind about HER pregnancy. I would prefer that she not have to resort to folding tables and dirty knives.
Clear? Got that yet? Hope so. At any rate, it seems to me that gender of fetus (at least in this country) is not an issue but a red herring on your part.
I've come to the sad conclusion that you could care less about abortion and are much more interested in bashing WOMEN.
What happened to you? Seriously.
{Waves to Katie, Bitner, LNM, Elise and Peter}
Pull out your calculator from under the Twinkie boxes:

2,000,000 illegal abortions/year before RvW.

1,200,000 legal abortions/year after RvW.
No Relativism

United States

#309174 Aug 23, 2013
Correction:

200,000 illegal abortions/year before RvW.

Grime doesnt stay

Springfield, NJ

#309175 Aug 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>In-vitro fertilization techniques include casually, and routinely, discarding 'unborn children' out of Petri dishes. Are you opposed to IVF, as well? Or is it just more fun for you to control wombs, than it is to control Petri dishes?
Are you this ditzy. Ain't nobody wanting to control you babe. Get a grip.
Grime doesnt stay

Springfield, NJ

#309176 Aug 23, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
Correction:
200,000 illegal abortions/year before RvW.
Appears to me that legalizing abortion made it skyrocket out of control.

Ooooo but these women didn't know that they'd get pregnant after screwing around.
Grime doesnt stay

Springfield, NJ

#309177 Aug 23, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone that calls abortion rights sexist just advertises their own manipulative fundie identity. Literally, no one but a true sexist would think that they can be taken seriously after trying that ridiculous argument. I just laugh at them; they're clowns.
Females reside in the womb. If you are a feminist,then you'd make sure your own is protected and not victimized by those who want to exterminate them. Bet you're all talk.
Grime doesnt stay

Springfield, NJ

#309178 Aug 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandpa told me how during great depression churches closed there doors and would not help poor people.
Great depression took its toll all over. Ya Gramps sounds like a bigger ditz than you. Apple won't fall far from the tree eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Teaman 1,432,134
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 38 min TRD 71,055
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min VN Vet 61,478
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sun Barmsweb 72,037
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Big city 20,609
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1
In The War on Police Traffic Stops Have Become ... (Aug '15) Dec '15 Anthony Wall 11

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages