Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 316368 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#309135 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Since everyone dies, I guess that is part of His plan.
Take that attitude and apply it to any of your chosen topics. Maybe you'll learn to accept things and move on.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309136 Aug 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, how could anything NOT be part of an omniscient beings plan? If anything wasn't, then that being is not omniscient, are they?
The plan was for humans to have free will and make their own decisions.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#309137 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You lived up to our expectations.
You got a mouse in your pocket, or are you just suffering from MPD? Who is this "we" you speak of?

We talked about it. Again, what more do you want?

Is the above one of those "thoughtful discussions" you say you want to have?

feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#309138 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you procreate?
Some people shouldn't, you know.
Lol- I guess youre following the fundie playbook, too. Let us know when you can stay on topic and keep an open mind. Until then, shaddup-a-you-face.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309140 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The plan was for humans to have free will and make their own decisions.
You don't say. And I suppose you don't see any irony here, huh?

Are you SURE that was the entire plan, by the way? JUST that?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309141 Aug 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Yu try to use your religious beliefs as why for this or that...AGAIN RELIGION HOLDS NO SWAY OR HAS NO PLACE IN LAW OR GOVERNMENT. So says our Constitution.
Someone on your side was using the Bible to promote 'God's love of abortion.' I was using the correct words from the Bible to prove otherwise.

Has nothing to do with RvW. Women can order as many abortions as they want.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#309142 Aug 23, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Puddles! Take a seat in your bean bag.
I'll try to explain my position on abortion (again). One WOMAN at a time searches her heart and mind about HER pregnancy. I would prefer that she not have to resort to folding tables and dirty knives.
Clear? Got that yet? Hope so. At any rate, it seems to me that gender of fetus (at least in this country) is not an issue but a red herring on your part.
I've come to the sad conclusion that you could care less about abortion and are much more interested in bashing WOMEN.
What happened to you? Seriously.
{Waves to Katie, Bitner, LNM, Elise and Peter}
Hi, AJ :)

<waves back>
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309143 Aug 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You got a mouse in your pocket, or are you just suffering from MPD? Who is this "we" you speak of?
We talked about it. Again, what more do you want?
Is the above one of those "thoughtful discussions" you say you want to have?
I am not the only one who expects little from you as I can see by the posts made to you.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309145 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Man creates the abominations like abortion. When a human commits some horrible act against another, whether abortion or beating an 88 year old man to death is no reflection on God. It is a person's own free will that leads him to make choices.
If you would choose to kill your own child, don't blame God.
If god created man, he created the propensity for every wicked, immoral, and deleterious act within man.

I can blame whatever I want on a deity...if I believe in the deity...which in your 'god's case, I don't.

Neither do you. You just use his supposed 'rules' to bash the behavior of others. If you believed in Him, you would believe in ALL of Him - not just the not-so-gooshy parts.

Cherry picking is not faith.
Next....

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309146 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not the only one who expects little from you as I can see by the posts made to you.
Is this more of that "thoughtful discussion"? Cause there doesn't seem to be much difference between what you claim is "thoughtful" and what is really witless.

The fact is, you don't deserve a serious response, ever.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#309147 Aug 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If god created man, he created the propensity for every wicked, immoral, and deleterious act within man.
I can blame whatever I want on a deity...if I believe in the deity...which in your 'god's case, I don't.
Neither do you. You just use his supposed 'rules' to bash the behavior of others. If you believed in Him, you would believe in ALL of Him - not just the not-so-gooshy parts.
Next....
Yep.

That's what happens when one tries to have it both ways. Their God is supposedly omniscient and omnipotent, AND the only one who created everything. Yet they'll turn around and deny that he created the negative as well as the positive, and that man (or Satan, they go back and forth) has the creative power of a God that can create "evil".

Such nonsense.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#309148 Aug 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't matter oh obtuse one. We all know gender is decided when the sperm fertilized the egg. We all know gender is generally not known at the time the majority of induced abortion occur.
In order for your claim that abortion is sexist when female embryos/fetuses are aborted, the gender would have to be known.
And here that isn't an issue. I am well aware your PLM is trying to make it an issue, though.
Guess you're getting a head start.
Anyone that calls abortion rights sexist just advertises their own manipulative fundie identity. Literally, no one but a true sexist would think that they can be taken seriously after trying that ridiculous argument. I just laugh at them; they're clowns.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#309149 Aug 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And when it is known to be a girl and she is killed, that is sexism.
lol. Nice try, but just silly :-D
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309150 Aug 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If god created man, he created the propensity for every wicked, immoral, and deleterious act within man.
Next....
Again you are blaming God for your own shortfalls. Man up and take responsibility for your own flaws. I do believe that we are created with a general weakness and it is part of our life's journey to overcome. It isn't easy, but I believe it is worth the trip.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309151 Aug 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this more of that "thoughtful discussion"? Cause there doesn't seem to be much difference between what you claim is "thoughtful" and what is really witless.
The fact is, you don't deserve a serious response, ever.
My dear, you aren't capable of giving one.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309152 Aug 23, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>lol. Nice try, but just silly :-D
Yeah lol, the whole abortion thing is silly.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309153 Aug 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
That's what happens when one tries to have it both ways. Their God is supposedly omniscient and omnipotent, AND the only one who created everything. Yet they'll turn around and deny that he created the negative as well as the positive, and that man (or Satan, they go back and forth) has the creative power of a God that can create "evil".
Such nonsense.
What do you mean by negative and positive?

Evil isn't a thing produced by God. It is a behavior to be chosen.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309155 Aug 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the buybull does not say abortion is ok but sure does man other vile things.
Like what?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309156 Aug 23, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does my belief make?
None really.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309157 Aug 23, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing that you claim to know Gods will. Spare us your arrogance.
It is written quite clearly, if you can read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,583,465
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 hr Agents of Corruption 63,948
News Developer Resubmits Plan In Wethersfield (Jun '08) Aug 20 Warning 44
News While Somers writes, her representatives work Aug 19 Lori Hopkins-Cava... 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Aug 19 Leftovers 21,051
News MySpace `Predator' Gets 20-Year Prison Sentence... (Jul '07) Apr '17 Paul Kersey 14
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 (Apr '16) Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages