Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
289,061 - 289,080 of 305,177 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure wiccans and atheists,don't want play dates,
In very religious,homes either ..
Just a guess ..
You'd be pretty wrong - I never asked any kid who came through the front door what their religion was, and I never barred any kid from coming over because of their religion if I already knew what it was, either.

It's called being 'non-judgmental and accepting'. Perhaps you've heard of it.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You'd be pretty wrong - I never asked any kid who came through the front door what their religion was, and I never barred any kid from coming over because of their religion if I already knew what it was, either.
I was being sarcastic ..I never did either ..

Now had my daughter told me something bothered her about dome kids talking about God..or anything close ..we would have discussed it .
But I knew the parents too

One kid ..wow..we took 3 girls to the teen dance club ..the two girls were staying at on of the houses .

So I'm sitting eating dinner ..the other girls mom calls looking for her daughter ..what a night ..can you imagine searching s club full of teens to pull them out !!!

the girls mom had no idea where her daughter was..

I get the girls ..
.sent both home with their mom s .long talk with my girl ...weird thing Was the one girl from a troubled home wasn't the one running off..But she had helped form the plan ...made them all confess..in the car .

Daughter had an idea but thought they were just spending the night together.

Was a hairy night .

Thing is I was much worse as a teen.

Religion was the least thing we thought of.

But ok ..You were into knowing the mom s ??

Would you feel comfortable sending your kid to SASSYS house .

Not saying anything on her but really ..would you ..with you two having such opposite ideas,..

But I was being sarcastic

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You'd be pretty wrong - I never asked any kid who came through the front door what their religion was, and I never barred any kid from coming over because of their religion if I already knew what it was, either.
And,I did say going TO very religious homes,.

Yes,I'm not judgemental and wasn't

As long as the kids behaved ..in my home

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I was being sarcastic ..I never did either ..
Now had my daughter told me something bothered her about dome kids talking about God..or anything close ..we would have discussed it .
But I knew the parents too
One kid ..wow..we took 3 girls to the teen dance club ..the two girls were staying at on of the houses .
So I'm sitting eating dinner ..the other girls mom calls looking for her daughter ..what a night ..can you imagine searching s club full of teens to pull them out !!!
the girls mom had no idea where her daughter was..
I get the girls ..
.sent both home with their mom s .long talk with my girl ...weird thing Was the one girl from a troubled home wasn't the one running off..But she had helped form the plan ...made them all confess..in the car .
Daughter had an idea but thought they were just spending the night together.
Was a hairy night .
Thing is I was much worse as a teen.
Religion was the least thing we thought of.
But ok ..You were into knowing the mom s ??
Would you feel comfortable sending your kid to SASSYS house .
Not saying anything on her but really ..would you ..with you two having such opposite ideas,..
But I was being sarcastic
I didn't 'allow' my kids to visit the homes of anyone I didn't know and like. But here in Oklahoma, if I'd barred them from visiting the homes of Christians, just because of the family's religious views, they wouldn't have been allowed to visit the vast majority of their friends.

I don't like Sassy much, regardless of her religion - she'd be just as objectionable if she didn't espouse a religion at all.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't 'allow' my kids to visit the homes of anyone I didn't know and like. But here in Oklahoma, if I'd barred them from visiting the homes of Christians, just because of the family's religious views, they wouldn't have been allowed to visit the vast majority of their friends.
I don't like Sassy much, regardless of her religion - she'd be just as objectionable if she didn't espouse a religion at all.
Got you..

But each parent has a right to allow their Kids. Or disallow .

Thinking ..well..She has a right ..And the Kids and parents .of whoever she objects to...if that is her slide rule ..have the same right to keep their kids home ..

I don't think kids talk about religion all that much anyway ..unless they are at bible study ..IMO

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>Wait,....you are saying that "if" someone is homeschooling "the right way",then they aren't lazy and faint of heart?
I don't see how or why a lazy person would be bothered in the first place. Nor do I agree that a person who is faint of heart has anything to do with whether or not they are doing it right or wrong.
Yes, you did ASSume that I didn't know. Prove it.
Idiot, I just used the word YOU used. YOU were the one who said assumed. There, just proved it.

Damn, you're stupid.

And there is much you don't know, and don't "see". Doesn't stop you from commenting on those issues as though you do, though, does it?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Got you..
But each parent has a right to allow their Kids. Or disallow .
Thinking ..well..She has a right ..And the Kids and parents .of whoever she objects to...if that is her slide rule ..have the same right to keep their kids home ..
I don't think kids talk about religion all that much anyway ..unless they are at bible study ..IMO
Of course you're correct: S has the same right to refuse her children permission to, or permit them to, do any given thing. She's their mom.

But if she's exercising that right by asserting religious bigotry, she's still a bigot.
Microsoft Maddy

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Are you people still arguing abortion? What kind of psychos waste every minute of their lives doing this? Don't y'all have families,friends or jobs? No way in hell you are spending your undivided attention on them and threads. Y'all are obsessed with taking someone's life away from them. This ,people, is not normal. Use your brains if you don't want to be pregnant. Being pregnant means that your child is here,alive and you are nurturing it in your body. You can't kill that child bc you can't be bothered raising it. What kind of sicko thinks that they have a right? Low life filth,that's who. You're a menace to society and should be locked up. Learn some self-control. Show some class. You reap what you sow,so remember that. You will never have peace and real joy in your heart or souls. You're dead men walking. Stone cold. Emotional wrecks. Bet you all need meds to get thru the day.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you're correct: S has the same right to refuse her children permission to, or permit them to, do any given thing. She's their mom.
But if she's exercising that right by asserting religious bigotry, she's still a bigot.
I was bummed there weren't many kids,in this neighborhood..which is weird since we are near a school.

One kid behind us but my girl didn't like her ..tried scouts ..She bagged it after a few, weeks..so I left it up to her ..had friends over from school .

She liked to read a lot !!

When she was in high school very little money for a car ..

Got this old one ..friends fixed it up ..painted it.

She kept wanting to drive mine ..a Hyundai ..I liked hers sometimes..

Told her ok sometime s but your car is fine ..buts its too big mom

TILL SENIOR YEAR ..Was the only car all her friends could go to lunch in ..their nice cars a had bucket seats!

Kids
Microsoft Maddy

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

A college roommate of mine had a Dad who was a Wiccan priest. He was into some weird shitt. They are a strange bunch. His family were involved as well. He eventually bailed from the whole scene. Family disowned him. Good thing if my opinion mattered.

My two cents.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Microsoft Maddy wrote:
A college roommate of mine had a Dad who was a Wiccan priest. He was into some weird shitt. They are a strange bunch. His family were involved as well. He eventually bailed from the whole scene. Family disowned him. Good thing if my opinion mattered.
My two cents.
A college roommate of mine had no dad. Her mom was raped, and she kept the resulting daughter, because she was badgered to do so by her fundamentalist Christian family. When her daughter (my roommate) was born, she was Black, and the fundamentalist Christian family turned their backs on both of them.

Her whole life, she's heard "You're the reason we don't have a good life," from her mother, who had to work two jobs to keep a roof over their heads, and could never find a man willing to marry her - she said that was because her kid was the 'wrong color'.

My roomie was attending a state school solely on scholarships and massive student loans, because there was no way her mom could have afforded to send her - even though her grandparents are the owners of one of the largest grocery stores in the state.(Her cousins all got free rides.)

Fundie hypocrites who call themselves 'pro-life' suck.

My two cents.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>A college roommate of mine had no dad. Her mom was raped, and she kept the resulting daughter, because she was badgered to do so by her fundamentalist Christian family. When her daughter (my roommate) was born, she was Black, and the fundamentalist Christian family turned their backs on both of them.
Her whole life, she's heard "You're the reason we don't have a good life," from her mother, who had to work two jobs to keep a roof over their heads, and could never find a man willing to marry her - she said that was because her kid was the 'wrong color'.
My roomie was attending a state school solely on scholarships and massive student loans, because there was no way her mom could have afforded to send her - even though her grandparents are the owners of one of the largest grocery stores in the state.(Her cousins all got free rides.)

Fundie hypocrites who call themselves 'pro-life' suck.
My two cents.
Some interesting stories on here especially when you don't have to have proof of what you say.

Reads like a bad fifties novel.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>How, exactly, is avoiding playdates with witches, being hypocritical?
I grew up with friends, and have family of different religions fyi.
You claim to follow Christianity - a religion of tolerance. A religion whose God commands you to love thy neighbor. A religion whose God forbids you to judge others.

Your judgy intolerant lack of love for the children of folks whose religion differs from yours is intensely hypocritical.

Stupid.
Microsoft Maddy

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Not a playa,
This doesn't have anything to do with anything but ok
You're correct,that family sucks. They are not living the faith. Family should be there no matter what. I know some who were from sucky homes. These people are anti-life and family. Clearly not PL at all. My prayers are for your friend. Hopefully she finds the true meaning of living her faith unlike her pathetic family. Hope she finds peace. Many like her can and do with the help of professional help and Gods love. I also am a single mom who raised her daughter alone. No help from my ex bf. My daughter is 13 now and calls my husband Dad. He attends father and daughter dances with him at her schools. God helped me along my long road. I feel blessed to see my daughter happy and well adjusted. There is hope for those who seek his presence in their lives.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Some interesting stories on here especially when you don't have to have proof of what you say.
Romance at short notice is my specialty.

I take it you took her 'Wiccan priest' story as gospel, however, eh?

Sheesh.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure wiccans and atheists,don't want play dates,
In very religious,homes either ..
Just a guess ..
Why not? I let my kids play with Christian children. I don't care about their religion.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much what I'm thinking when I read the PL stories.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Romance at short notice is my specialty.
I take it you took her 'Wiccan priest' story as gospel, however, eh?
Sheesh.
I don't take anything as gospel except the gospel and even that would have human slants.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? I let my kids play with Christian children. I don't care about their religion.
The children probably don't care about their playmates' religion, either. Unless, of course, their bigoted parents make a big deal out of it.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
As Rose quickly pointed out earlier, she was talking about the kids of non-Christians being allowed to go to Christian homes...

She opined that it didn't happen often...

I'm guessing because she thinks non-Christians and the not religious are full of bigotry too...

It's been my experience that those who don't identify with any religion, are far less bigoted than their religious counterparts. But that's just my opinion.

:P

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wethersfield Discussions

Search the Wethersfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr XYZ 1,083,049
The Trial of Heather Specyalski (Mar '13) 4 hr Cassie 22
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Subliminal 45,866
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr HughBe 68,430
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Badabing Badabang 18,588
Cher Calvin (Nov '08) 16 hr Ron Wells 19
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 hr TRD 68,054
•••
•••
•••
Wethersfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000