Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313659 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#308869 Aug 22, 2013
"feces for jesus"
Consent to sex is not to have and carry a child. Accept this simple fact and move on.

but anti choice, forced birther,mental midgets want to punish women for having sex...
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#308870 Aug 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I think if you knew the meaning of words, you wouldn't continually misuse them.
sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous /&#716;saNG(k)t&#601; &#712;m&#333;n&#27 5;&#601;s/
Adjective: Making a show of being morally superior to other people.
Which is what your sanctimonious opinion of my post's veracity, in the absence of doubt expressed about the other pile of imaginary dreck offered by Microsoft Maddy amounted to.
Quit projecting, Dink.
I don't know if her post was truthful either but your's was so badly written, it had to be a tall tale. Only critiquing your writing style and I don't believe it has anything to do with being "morally superior".
worships reality

United States

#308871 Aug 22, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, sperm fertilizes egg.
really? how did the little guy get there? the result of a willful act perhaps?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#308872 Aug 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What I love, is to bait religious fundies that try to garner attention by making up ridiculous bullshite...and throw it back in their faces.
It's fun!!
Makes it tough when the bait isn't taken.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#308873 Aug 22, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>True or not. Given that scenario, would you have accepted a choice of abortion in that case?
Is your question, should all immature, selfish, mean women abort their babies? Or is your question, should all women who have unforgiving rotten parents abort their babies?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#308875 Aug 22, 2013
You'd think they'd notice how knit is here constantly, under various names, but I guess it only goes one way for them. I think their dim minds just latch on to a familiar sign-in and can't figure out how often they are really here.
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, that's a very nice of you :)
LOL, they're idiots. Yesterday was the first time I'd made more than two posts on Topix, and several days in the last week, I wasn't on at all.

Indianapolis

#308876 Aug 22, 2013
No, the bible says no such thing. In fact, for centuries afterwards, christians said life began at birth, when the soul entered the body in the first breath.
mjm98 wrote:
According to the Bible, from the second a baby is created in the womb, it is a life and killing it is not only murder, but the worst kind of murder that you can commit.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#308877 Aug 22, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
still awesome !!!
I know, right???

Strategy still working too....here you are!
*takes small discreet bow*

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308878 Aug 22, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't consider the fetus to ba a "baby". i've never yelled baby killer at anyone. i've never been "there" and never intend to be. i favor birth control and education. you are babbling like a crazy person. old people do that a lot.
you are losing...the race with father time that is.
what was your name before you phony ?
You consider the fetus more important than the child. A cursory perusal of the thread shows that you do indeed refer to women who abort as having killed her baby...often in caps. You've just admitted that your campaign to 'save lives' is a farce, since the folks reading this exchange are very unlikely to change their minds as a result of your cacophony and heel-bouncing. And please indicate any post where you've endorsed birth control and education, rather than castigating some pro-choice person as a murderer, slut, idiot, etc.

I'll wait....

Oh, and my name before was Ova-meets-sperm. Any names prior to that one, I don't recall...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308880 Aug 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if her post was truthful either but your's was so badly written, it had to be a tall tale. Only critiquing your writing style and I don't believe it has anything to do with being "morally superior".
And thanks for your unqualified, uninspired, and irrelevant opinion.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308881 Aug 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes it tough when the bait isn't taken.
I wouldn't know.

Next...
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#308882 Aug 22, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
No, the bible says no such thing. In fact, for centuries afterwards, christians said life began at birth, when the soul entered the body in the first breath.
<quoted text>
The bible doesn't say anything about life beginning at birth, in fact it alludes to the opposite.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308885 Aug 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your question, should all immature, selfish, mean women abort their babies? Or is your question, should all women who have unforgiving rotten parents abort their babies?
All women who feel abortion is necessary, should have the option to abort the pregnancy in question before viability (24 weeks of gestation), and following that period, should retain the option in life-threatening or life-compromising circumstances. My question is: Why is that so hard to get through your head???

Is your question: "How obtuse can I possibly be?" or "Why doesn't anyone take my literal and concrete understanding of concepts as intelligence?"

Or maybe "Was that high school logical thinking class a complete waste of my teacher's time?"

Indianapolis

#308886 Aug 22, 2013
I always celebrate people exercising their rights without interference.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
something to celebrate, eh pedro?
viva killing !!!
mutt.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308887 Aug 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible doesn't say anything about life beginning at birth, in fact it alludes to the opposite.
Regardless of 'what the Bible says', why should women who don't subscribe to the Bible's teachings or dogma, be legally subjected to following it?

In other words, WHO GIVES A SHIT what the Bible says?

Certainly not the Constitution. The Bible isn't even mentioned in the document which sets forth parameters for United States law.

Get over your theocracy fantasies already, Dink.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#308889 Aug 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The children probably don't care about their playmates' religion, either. Unless, of course, their bigoted parents make a big deal out of it.
Like Sassy.

Indianapolis

#308890 Aug 22, 2013
I didn't say it did; I said that the belief of christians for centuries. The bible doesn't allude to life beginning at conception, either. It mostly refers to the soul as existing
before even the pregnancy.

It does, however describe your god as ordering the israelites to rip open the pregnant women of their enemies, so I'm guessing the big guy's not all that opposed to abortion.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#308891 Aug 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>As Rose quickly pointed out earlier, she was talking about the kids of non-Christians being allowed to go to Christian homes...
She opined that it didn't happen often...
I'm guessing because she thinks non-Christians and the not religious are full of bigotry too...
It's been my experience that those who don't identify with any religion, are far less bigoted than their religious counterparts. But that's just my opinion.
:P
I thinks it's a very valid opinion.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#308892 Aug 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>All women who feel abortion is necessary, should have the option to abort the pregnancy in question before viability (24 weeks of gestation), and following that period, should retain the option in life-threatening or life-compromising circumstances. My question is: Why is that so hard to get through your head???
Is your question: "How obtuse can I possibly be?" or "Why doesn't anyone take my literal and concrete understanding of concepts as intelligence?"
Or maybe "Was that high school logical thinking class a complete waste of my teacher's time?"
Is this an answer to Grumpy's question?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308893 Aug 22, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno. I bet the Wiccan women who stabbed herself in the foot with a sword - in a cemetery under the moonlight - during a GOOD LUCK RITUAL bled.
Every month...maybe even lost a fertilized egg or two occasionally...she's evil incarnate.
LET'S LOCK HER UP!!!

Better yet, let's characterize all Wiccans (or Christians, or Jews, or Pastafarians) by the actions of a very few....

You idiots slay me...I'll get back to you when I'm not laughing so freakin' hard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Agents of Corruption 1,508,903
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Patriot AKA Bozo 63,557
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Ha Hair 20,932
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 15 hr doG mnaDed lyHo p... 71,273
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) 23 hr jhawki 322
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Fri Patriot AKA Bozo 8,066
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Fri silly rabbit 96

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages