Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 315227 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#308824 Aug 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you were offended by my lack of faith in the truthfulness of your story.
You get nasty pretty easily. It doesn't take much to set off your temper.
The truthfulness of any story here is suspect...including the ones you don't pounce on, because you identify with their authors.

I've been putting up with your sanctimonious drivel for a lot longer than that one post. You'll just have to forgive me if I unload some home truths on you once in a while...

or not. I couldn't give less of a rat's hind portion either way.
Next...
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#308825 Aug 21, 2013
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text> I am of the opinion that if a certain religion does weird practices,some of which are blood sacrifices,then it would be who of you to stay far away. Wiccans do weird shitt. Wouldn't want my daughter involved.
Why don't you go consume a zombie-christ cracker, wacko?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308826 Aug 21, 2013
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text> You made that story up? Should have known. Rape girl with black baby story. Same ole story used to justify abortion. Ah, I recall those.back in the day. Why did you feel the urge to lie to me. It had nothing to do with my roommate and his life. Ba!
Your 'story' was a whopping lie too - you just don't have the stones to admit you made it up, as I did.

Don't like the taste of your own medicine much, do you.

"Wiccan priest as weirdo" was SO original...and relevant, into the bargain.(For those in the back, that was sarcasm there.)

Pfft on your personal homilies - I'm just better at fiction than you are.

Suck it.
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#308827 Aug 21, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Oh, look, everybody....an OPINION!
<quoted text>
We all saw it you twit. We didn't need you to point it out.
BTW some very good points made in that opinion not the least of which being the ' having no job, family or life' point. If it wasn't for Bitner you'd. Be #1 on the no life list. As it is you're running a very close second.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#308828 Aug 21, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The truthfulness of any story here is suspect...including the ones you don't pounce on, because you identify with their authors.
I've been putting up with your sanctimonious drivel for a lot longer than that one post. You'll just have to forgive me if I unload some home truths on you once in a while...
Next...
I think you have misused the word 'sanctimonious' since my comment was only about the whether or not your story was genuine.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#308833 Aug 21, 2013
++++++++

UN Security Council holds emergency meeting on alleged chemical weapons use in Syria

By Associated Press, Updated: Wednesday, August 21, 12:59 PM
UNITED NATIONS — The U.N. Security Council held emergency consultations Wednesday on the latest alleged use of chemical weapons in Syria, and Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said he is determined to ensure a “thorough investigation” of all reported incidents.

+++++++

Related to the above report, see the follows:

THEY SAY TO FOCUS ON To Syria, not Iraq now WITH MORE VIOLENCES THEY CREATED THERE____Now in comparison to Syria, the ongoing bombings In Iraq are insurgent rebels fighting Iraq government , why then US says about the need to examine SYRIA by not fulfilling rebel insurgents to do so many bombings then in Iraq, but Syria quelling those insurgent terrorists in Syria, by US getting into it?

They try to make chemical weapons issue in Syria, yet they are not sure of what they talk about.

How can terrorist rebels fight Syria without Syria fighting back? They they use the numbers of people who die in the warfare (and how many tens to hundreds of thousands US slaughtered Iraq people as not using chemical weapons by talking Syria without looking what US had done?) to say something, but just who started that--obviously the rebel insurgent terrorists? What difference is that related to Iraq invasion? But just who started that Iraq war by forcing to it--obviously the US? And so those who started that terror would be terrorists then-and therefore US was the terror in Iraq.

Now in comparison to Syria, the ongoing bombings In Iraq are insurgent rebels fighting Iraq government , why then US says about the need to examine SYRIA , by not fulfilling rebel insurgents to do so many bombings then in Iraq, but Syria quelling those insurgent terrorists in Syria, by US getting into it?

What is the real substance of chemical weapons, as they had killed few people than bombs--just as those so many bombs dropped to Iraq (as US had used so many bombs to Iraq, it has killed 100 times of ratio more of people than any chemical weapons usage in Syria), in comparison if they ever used chemical weapons them there because the larger numbers of people dying is the view? Just how many people had been slaughtered by insurgent terror rebels in Syria? Why not look into so many people die then by being killed by US bombs if it is concerning the larger numbers of people perished? The substance of the chemical weapons is by the composition of chemical agents and mixtures, but BY THE SAME DOMAIN OF SUBJECT, that seems to be more a damaging criteria by using AGENT ORANGE IN VIETNAM. As US had used similar alike chemical weapons like Agent Orange, what is so now without asking itself what it had done first?

Then the substance of chemical mixtures is not well clear and defined, because virtually anything used in factories and households, from pesticides, flammable liquids, other corrosive fluids, can be labeled as chemical weapons and do kill quite so many people and make them contract serious illness and diseases, which could be dangerous as if they had used in Syria, for that makes no difference upon the criteria of what chemical agents and mixtures are.

That leads to a lot of issues in the standard of how many people had died. And who started it in comparison to ongoing Iraq, as who are the wrongdoers as if those who still think of Syria by chemical weapons subject are as like wrongdoers, when they also started creating the current crisis of Iraq by doing massacre of so many, without asking themselves as wrongdoers who are guilty by still posing as if they still have a case some more else--THE SYRIA--and isn't this a failure again to start with?

Is that also so backward thinking in the contradiction again, simply they are not capable of any matters about matters of Syria and Iraq?
Microsoft Maddy

Springfield, NJ

#308834 Aug 21, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you go consume a zombie-christ cracker, wacko?
Why so mean-spirited?
Microsoft Maddy

Springfield, NJ

#308835 Aug 21, 2013
I don't understand the difficulty in talking. Why must some be so mean?! Ba! I sincerely wish no harm or I'll thoughts to anyone.
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#308836 Aug 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you were offended by my lack of faith in the truthfulness of your story.
You get nasty pretty easily. It doesn't take much to set off your temper.
That one's got a real hair trigger. Pay no attention to that phony patronizing "dear" and "honey" and "next" shit. It doesn't take much to set that one off. Some real scary anger issues there.
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#308837 Aug 21, 2013
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text> I am of the opinion that if a certain religion does weird practices,some of which are blood sacrifices,then it would be who of you to stay far away. Wiccans do weird shitt. Wouldn't want my daughter involved.
All religions have some quirks but when it comes to all out wackiness those hair brained Wiccans have a Secretariat-like lead on the rest of the pack. You need to look no further than the screwballs on here who claim to be members.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#308838 Aug 21, 2013
Wiccans don't do blood sacrifices, idiot.
Microsoft Maddy wrote:

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#308839 Aug 21, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The truthfulness of any story here is suspect...including the ones you don't pounce on, because you identify with their authors.
Next...
Well us,got me ..

My answer to the,story still stands,

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#308840 Aug 21, 2013
Midol works wonders. Try it.

I spend about an hour a day on here, usually in 20-minute sessions.

Comparing me to bitner is a compliment.
Pot meet Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
We all saw it you twit. We didn't need you to point it out.
BTW some very good points made in that opinion not the least of which being the ' having no job, family or life' point. If it wasn't for Bitner you'd. Be #1 on the no life list. As it is you're running a very close second.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308841 Aug 21, 2013
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text> Why so mean-spirited?
Let's take a look at your opening salvo, shall we?
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>Are you people still arguing abortion? What kind of psychos waste every minute of their lives doing this?
You start out yelling about 'psychos'...
Then immediately move on to making outlandish assumptions about personal lives...
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text> Don't y'all have families,friends or jobs? No way in hell you are spending your undivided attention on them and threads.
Then you try your hand at diagnosing disorders without a license to practice psychology...
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text> Y'all are obsessed with taking someone's life away from them. This ,people, is not normal. Use your brains if you don't want to be pregnant. Being pregnant means that your child is here,alive and you are nurturing it in your body.

Whereupon you make another erroneous assumption
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>You can't kill that child bc you can't be bothered raising it.
(coupled with an outright lie)

And if that wasn't enough, you proceed to more name-calling
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text> What kind of sicko thinks that they have a right? Low life filth,that's who.
And proffering the opinion that :
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text> You're a menace to society and should be locked up.
But wait...there's more!

Still not satisfied with the vitriol level, you decided to give unsolicited advice...
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>Learn some self-control. Show some class.
And finish off with a pronouncement on our prognosis for mental health:
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>You will never have peace and real joy in your heart or souls. You're dead men walking. Stone cold. Emotional wrecks. Bet you all need meds to get thru the day.
If you want to know "Why so mean spirited?" perhaps this will help:
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>You reap what you sow, so remember that.
Any questions?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308842 Aug 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have misused the word 'sanctimonious' since my comment was only about the whether or not your story was genuine.
I think if you knew the meaning of words, you wouldn't continually misuse them.

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous /&#716;saNG(k)t&#601; &#712;m&#333;n&#27 5;&#601;s/

Adjective: Making a show of being morally superior to other people.

Which is what your sanctimonious opinion of my post's veracity, in the absence of doubt expressed about the other pile of imaginary dreck offered by Microsoft Maddy amounted to.

Quit projecting, Dink.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#308843 Aug 21, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much what I'm thinking when I read the PL stories.
You mean, like when sassy always comes up with a personal friend or experience that uncannily supports some argument she's attempting to make? Lol

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#308844 Aug 21, 2013
Microsoft Maddy wrote:
Wiccans don't make blood sacrifices. I have several close friends who are Wiccan. Disappointingly normal folks, truth be told. No crazy naked dancing, no trances in the moonlight, etc. Sorry, pal:-\

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308845 Aug 21, 2013
rosesmellslikefoo wrote:
<quoted text>You love to make up stories don'tcha
What I love, is to bait religious fundies that try to garner attention by making up ridiculous bullshite...and throw it back in their faces.

It's fun!!
Pot meet Kettle

United States

#308847 Aug 21, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Midol works wonders. Try it.
I spend about an hour a day on here, usually in 20-minute sessions.
Comparing me to bitner is a compliment.
<quoted text>
An hour a day you say? In 20 min sessions?
Got it.

".......and down the stretch they come ! Miss 60,000 Posts in front !!! No Life To Speak Of on the outside and closing fast...!!!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#308848 Aug 21, 2013
Pot meet Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
That one's got a real hair trigger. Pay no attention to that phony patronizing "dear" and "honey" and "next" shit.
Projectionist - meet mirror.
Pot meet Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't take much to set that one off. Some real scary anger issues there.
You know, you keep saying I'm "ANGRY", as if the response you expect to see from women, at your attempts to dissolve women's fundamental rights to medical autonomy, personal risk assessment, and self-defense, is "Oh thank you for saving me from myself, kind sir."

Here's a tip: The natural response to arrogance of that kind is ANGER at the effrontery of those who exhibit same. If a Federal Law decreed that you were summarily prohibited from making your own medical decisions, were no longer allowed to assess the risks of any given situation before committing to a course of action, and constrained from defending yourself from imminent or possible threats to your life...I bet you'd be VOLCANICALLY PISSED OFF.

So yeah - I'm flucking angry. Why wouldn't I be?

Next...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min VetnorsGate 1,564,665
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 26 min is this real 20,967
News Connecticut governor visits woman taking sanctu... 5 hr Claude H 2
News Over-65 & Working - Don't Let Disappointment Show 7 hr tears of a clown 1
News Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) 14 hr Norch 165
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Jul 20 jjbowler300 54
News What is Being Done About the Fentanyl Crisis in CT Jul 18 Gavone 11

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages