Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313226 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#307567 Aug 8, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>"If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?"
Pope Francis
That is true, but if a gay person is acting out, well he or she is not searching . The Pope was talking about a priest who had homosexual attraction who is practicing celibacy. In fact, it is written in the Catholic Catechism to respect the person with same sex attraction but we do not have to respect/accept the *sin* aka acting out their homosexual tendencies. The Pope agrees with it and said nothing new. In fact Pope Benedict said the same thing, but he was'nt *cool* so no one reported what he said.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#307568 Aug 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they take a,poll you think ..as they enter CHURCH .
It's between them and God
But a t least Francis..unlike some here aren't saying they will be Dr go to Church with their partners ....And he is NOT judging
You don't even know what the Pope said. the Pope said if a gay person who is trying to be good, and is searching , a gay couple would be not celibate , look it up in the Catholic Catechism, the pope said the exact same thing.
sassy JM

Cresskill, NJ

#307569 Aug 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I like my neighbors ..I leave their personal religious beliefs to God.
Do you knock on your neighbors door and berate him..OR JUST GOSSIP.about it ..:)
You go over and share the gospel in adultery ?? What did he say??
Oh and I didn't know that being a gay couple was a "personal religious belief".

“Clever words”

Since: Sep 09

constellate

#307570 Aug 8, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Eddie M: "I must say the vagina is not a sealed, bacteria- free environment"
Foo: "I had a bad UTI when I was operated on, also a bacterial infection"
Puddles! I think you suffer from eurotophobia.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#307571 Aug 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a home body ..mostly ..
So over the years,I know my closest neighbors and wave to the others walking dogs or babies .
My four closest neighbors ..half are gay.
The newest right next door is the nicest man. I met him when he first bought but then he rented it out..Now he moved Here for good
When hubby stopped working he was,mowing our lawn..But doing it parts as t a,time ..he has a bad back. And really bad knees .one day He did the front ..the next morning our neighbor was doing the side.
He is so nice ..
We have since got lawn person but that really touched me .trying to get a mango plant started for him ..so he can HavE a tree like we do .
He loves them
We get along here best as we can .watch each other's houses..etc..
Only little problem is one person ..needs to get rid of coconuts before storms really come ..But we helped them with their fence and give them mangos ...anyway..Lol I walk around with bagof mangos...the ones that the squirrels don't get .
And people stop by and ask for some ..then I call the city and send them some ..
I have this attitude ...You do what you want in your house..I'll do the same ...we all do around here ...say hi if we,see people often ..do our own business .
I have lived here for decades ..a few,good friends ..And now I have new ones..who happen to be gay:)
Last problem was THe city wanted to close the street ..after 5 city hall meetings ..we compromised all over the city ..different solutions ..to people speeding ..using streets as cut through .
As,I say ..we get along ..different kinds of people ..who cares.
Some times noisy ..But we help each other ..watch houses if others go away.
I watched this house next door for two years before he bought it ..long story but ONly part time tenants daughters of friends who died ..
Point is we are all on God's green earth ..we are,all humans created by God ..we share space..resources,and common concerns,.
I'm not perfect but If I can't get along with my neighbors..help them.if they need help and vice versa ...what kind of person am I .
Sorry, but I'm stuck on the awesome fact that you have a mango tree. I lived in India for a time when I was a kid and my classroom had a mango tree outside the window. Good memories :-)

Location hidden

#307572 Aug 8, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us where I ever claimed to be a femenist. Oh wait, you can't because I never have. Just more of your bad fiction.
Funny how you go for the lame insult when you can't back up your own stupidity with facts.
That guy has a serious case of uterus envy.

Location hidden

#307573 Aug 8, 2013
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think you know who goes to church. How can you tell if they are gay? Do they have a sign that says so? I had a problem with your post , because if they are couples, they would not even think of going to church because the couples know they are going against church teachings. Many people who are gay go to church, we allow everyone. But a gay couple wouldn't go because they do not believe in church teachings. Also , do you think that two men entering the church at the same time are a gay couple? Wow , you are so ignorant.
I have some gay friends who are Catholic (a couple) and go to mass, as a couple. It hasn't caused any problems in the parish, apparently. I know how that must disappoint you:-\

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#307574 Aug 8, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Which confirms what I said: The Rabbi(s)@ your Jewish synagogue teach you that God is weak & not omnipotent. Heresy.
Just another one of the 88% of Jewish-Americans who promotes executing over 1 million defenseless baby Jews in U.S. abortuaries...while shedding crocodile tears over the Holocaust.
Holocaust Lessons For Dummies
If god is omnipotent, he must be perfectly fine with abortion - he hasn't made it impossible, and he hasn't stopped being the ultimate abortionist, either.

Can't have it both ways -either he is, or he isn't omnipotent...which for those in the back means "In total control of everything...." including abortion.

:P

Location hidden

#307575 Aug 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Again..Knit...HOW CAN YOU KNOW THEIR HEARTS,..the beliefs they grew up with..how they worship.
You have NO clue ..And I sure hope if you see any gay couples in your church
..You don't behave as you do here ..Knit..persnickety .
She's one of those old nasty biddies who gossips about everyone in the parish and constantly tries the priest's patience. Every church has them. Ugh...

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#307576 Aug 8, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Born gay? Why would God create someone gay and then turn around and call their act "an abomination"?.
There are former gay people, who have turned to God for help(like any other sinner). They understand that God loves them but not their sins. Many still have the attraction even. It's really no different than a married man or woman being attracted to another other than their spouse. They might struggle daily with the temptations.
The church welcomes everybody. The bible is clear on what God condones and what he doesn't, so it isn't up to men to accept. Sin is sin. If you want God/Christ, then you will follow him. He says that we are either with him OR we are against him.
" He says that we are either with him OR we are against him."

I thought that was George Bush?

Yes, born gay. Or Homosexual if you prefer. I don't claim to speak for God. We could then ask why would God "create" someone with a horrible birth defect or mental illness?

No man is obligated to accept anything that is told to us from a man-made religion.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#307577 Aug 8, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Born gay? Why would God create someone gay .
Population control. Humans are a virus, so some of us have a built in brake on the reproduction mechanism.
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>and then turn around and call their act "an abomination"?.
God didn't say that - Leviticus did. Sure hope your outfit today isn't made of mixed fibers, and that you don't ever eat at a fish place that serves crustaceans....those are abominations too. Does your husband have an uncut beard? If not, he's going to hell. Leviticus says so.
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>There are former gay people, who have turned to God for help(like any other sinner). They understand that God loves them but not their sins. Many still have the attraction even. It's really no different than a married man or woman being attracted to another other than their spouse. They might struggle daily with the temptations..
A business which has spent the last 3 decades charging folks to 'get rid of the gay' is closing, because they've 'realized' how much harm they were doing to gay people. I hope THAT becomes a trend.
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>The church welcomes everybody..
The church welcomes everybody with a full wallet.
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>The bible is clear on what God condones and what he doesn't, so it isn't up to men to accept. Sin is sin. If you want God/Christ, then you will follow him..
Dear God: When are you going to make SnafuJM practice what she preaches in your name? Please hurry. Thanks.
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> He says that we are either with him OR we are against him.
He sounds a lot like George Dubbya Bush.
LineDazzle

Buckley, UK

#307578 Aug 8, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That guy has a serious case of uterus envy.
It's obvious as a butch pile of shit that you envy masculinity.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#307579 Aug 8, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That's awesome! Great sign of the times.
http://unusuallife.com/2013/03 /20/rainbow-house/
:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#307580 Aug 8, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Eddie: "If I'm understanding the crux of this conversation then I must say the vagina is not a sealed, bacteria- free environment"
This morning, Foo admitted her's is not.
Nasty

Anyway the vagina,is,not..the womb should be .

And it's,NOT with baby parts stuffed BACK IN THERE FIRM THE OUTSIDE .
Gtown71

United States

#307581 Aug 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you're deflecting. Not going to work. C and I understand each other very well. By the way, the question would be ARE yours? I have Deities, plural, notice one.
Now, WHO has disputed that we all have parents? And WHO said man was created from rock?
Come on, answer the questions.
Again, if you have to make shit up, you HAVE already lost the argument. And the REASON I am still replying is to make sure as many people see your lies as possible.
Who says we came from rocks??? Evolution does. Plus I've not lied about anything.
Perhaps I don't fully understand evolution or the origins of life, but you know very well what they say, and where they say we evolved from, which was rocks.
As far as your gods -you may worship a tree, many have.

Me and cp also have a good relationship -I'm as straight as he is gay. Lol

Perhaps since your the wise one and want to make sure all who read this, then you could please explain where life began, and a quick run through to where we are now?

My geuss, you will deflect, and just say you just don't understand.

Or perhaps you could explain to the people, how scientists say different layers of earth are millions of years old, but then they find a tree "upside down "throughout the layers. It would be amazing enough if a tree stood upright all those years, as the earth compiled around it, but upside down???:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#307582 Aug 8, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm understanding the crux of this conversation then I must say the vagina is not a sealed, bacteria- free environment.
Personally since his,story changes ..I doubt the baby parts,came out .

BUT IF THEY DID..stuffing them back into the woman was,most unsanitary and dangerous

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#307583 Aug 8, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
There are gay folks who still attend Mass and love their Christian faith even if they disagree with certain doctrines. If a person is born gay and raised in a Christian environment and has faith in their religion then being gay may not be enough of a detriment to keep them away from the church. Some gay people may find it painful that their own religion doesn't quite accept them while others may pray to God about why they are the way they are, and I believe some gay people do indeed attend church.
Thanks Eddie .my point exactly ..again..And they may very well go to church with their partners .
Gtown71

United States

#307584 Aug 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief in evolution And anything that opposes your beliefs = absurd
Belief in everything in the bible = "truth"
Is that your stance?
Your mind is closed, you silly, stupid fundie.
Yes I believe God created man and woman.
You believe slimmy rocks brought forth life.

Now who's stupid?

As stated before, when the very idea of a loving God made me sick -I still didn't buy the evolution deal.
I just did not care.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#307585 Aug 8, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure I missed that post. Sealed or bacteria free?
A lady he hates,had a,UTI secondary to having kidney stones,removed and stents .

He is,just being mean about it...has nothing to do with the w Oman we,are discussing

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#307587 Aug 8, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
That serves to prove my point.
Eddie,

The lady who died from sepsis,..after a miscarried baby ...also had sepsis they missed ..this aS,in IRELAND ..they w would nit complete
The miscarriage
Her name was,SAVITA..BOTH DIED

FOO is a,poster who had stones ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Joy 1,483,270
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 62,981
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 hr TRD 71,320
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Well Well 20,775
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Sat Maria pawlus 73
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Jan 19 truth 7,994
How DEPRESSING is it living in The State Of Con... (May '16) Jan 17 Hoody Hoodpecker 4

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages