Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
287,541 - 287,560 of 305,446 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
worships reality

United States

#307141 Aug 5, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I would agree that it renders your religion impotent and nothing more than heresy.
Get back under your bridge, nancyboy.
that agreemnent sorta threw you there, eh fecal boy?
wasn't expecting that one were you?

so you agree then on the fetus then right ? we don't know for sure. missed your answer.

come on...pull out of jonnycakes for a second and man up.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#307142 Aug 5, 2013
By the biblical description, the water didn't PUSH at all; it came down and covered the land. It did not rush in from one direction, which is what causes erosion-based canyons. And it did not do it in 40 days, a time factor you keep ignoring.

Many things can cause quick burial, from earthquakes and volcanoes to other animals. There have also been THOUSANDS of floods; not just one big one. Petrification of wood has nothing to do with other forms of fossilization, and it doesn't happen in 40 days either. It also requires constant immersion of wood in still, highly-mineralized water, which also isn't consistent with the biblical description.

No places say fossilization takes billions of years, but they will tell you it takes more than 6000.

Evolution means adapting to conditions, not necessarily getting bigger and stronger. As the oxygen-rich environment changed, being smaller became an advantage; smaller organisms also required less food. Smaller muscles require less intake to fuel and maintain. The modern dragonfly is amazingly efficient and a superb predator. THAT is what evolution is about.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok cp, you're smarter than this. Perhaps not the water, but what the water shoves through does the cutting.
As far as fossils, you need something to be buried quickly, like a flood, that's why we don't have as many. There was only one big one :)
Bury fresh cut wood in right conditions, and you get petrified wood, harder than rock, and it only takes a few years, not millions or billions as the guide at many places may tell you.
The great thing I love, is when one says you just don't understand.
What about dragon flies with 6 ft wing spans? They could take off your bug sheild and your hood. Lol
Is getting smaller and weaker evolving?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#307143 Aug 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bit I'm sorry, but there are things I can remove from a brand new car, and it will run just as well, if not better. Things have a purpose, no matter if you think so or not.
I'm just saying oxygen levels are much different now, and that's mainly why thing are smaller :)
I still think the shark is a cool thing, and it makes a great white look like a gold fish.
"I'm just saying oxygen levels are much different now, and that's mainly why thing are smaller :)"

Which would be what? Adaptation. In other words, evolution.

The appendix no longer serves a purpose in the human body.

Your failure to address the fact that the influenza virus evolves regularly, hence the need for new vaccines regularly, is duly noted. Couldn't think of a way around it, huh?
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#307144 Aug 5, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "Once the preemie reaches its due date at 40wks, the brain is generally on par with a full term newborn.
"There is no 'exact moment' as fetus changing to baby is a process begun during labor and continuing after delivery well into the first 24-48hrs AFTER childbirth. The brain continues to adjust for life outside the womb, see." - Katie V.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833 ...
(Make up your mind w/ your ever changing "facts")
Does 48 hours = 18 weeks where you come from?

Your math skills are severely lacking.

Just sayin'.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#307145 Aug 5, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
2,000 baby women are scheduled to be executed in American abortuaries today. And tomorrow. And the next day.....
Your faux "feminism" is duly noted.
Again.
What does that have anything to do with what I posted?
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#307146 Aug 5, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "I link you to images of fetal brains showing a smooth cortex at 22 weeks. That is fact. At 22wks gestation, the brain is not formed for any sensory input or output. Therefore there is no possibility of a fetus feeling pain. Period."
Heck YOUR article even CLEARLY stated that a "FUNCTIONAL CIRCUIT" of the cortex forms in the suplate zone AT 18 wks gestation. It mentions the "precocious" subplate neurons, the subplate being "a highly DYNAMIC compartment," high degree of diversity among subplate neurons, "subplate nuerons are electrically active & "capable of firing action potentials into the cortical and subcortical circuitry," ... there's an "invasion of the subplate by the THALAMOCORTICAL AFFERENTS" (i.e. sensory information coming FROM the body). FYI: Thalamocortical & basal forebrain afferents make up 35% of the crebral wall by 16 weeks.
It is also worth mentioning that this 2010 document ADMITS much study is necessary to more fully understand the subplate zone.
For example:
"The data that we collected in this study only give preliminary information about the developing human cortex at each time-point."
"Further investigations of the gene expression, cell types & connectivity of the subcompartments within the large human subplate are required."
"The functional significance of plasma proteins synthesized by subplate neurons is not known..."
"Understanding of cell-type-specific gene expression, and development of early connections together with modern imaging methods will enable the more selective investigation of various neuropathologies involving the subplate."
(You poo-poo the subplate zone, but when subplate zone abnormalities exists schizophrenia, ADHD, dyslexia, etc. may result.)
You say you read the article, but you must have missed the parts about action potentials, early thalamocortical sensory input to subplate zone, "increased complexity in both subplate cell types & subplate arrangements."
Isn't it you who berates others for poor comprehension skills?
That's what I thought.
Period.
Your subplate zone is for building the cortex, not running it. Just like your hard drive. Without a working hard drive, your fancy internal programs will not work. Jeez. Learn to read. There's no sensory input or output with a smooth cortex. None. Period.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

#307147 Aug 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
By the biblical description, the water didn't PUSH at all; it came down and covered the land. It did not rush in from one direction, which is what causes erosion-based canyons. And it did not do it in 40 days, a time factor you keep ignoring.
Many things can cause quick burial, from earthquakes and volcanoes to other animals. There have also been THOUSANDS of floods; not just one big one. Petrification of wood has nothing to do with other forms of fossilization, and it doesn't happen in 40 days either. It also requires constant immersion of wood in still, highly-mineralized water, which also isn't consistent with the biblical description.
No places say fossilization takes billions of years, but they will tell you it takes more than 6000.
Evolution means adapting to conditions, not necessarily getting bigger and stronger. As the oxygen-rich environment changed, being smaller became an advantage; smaller organisms also required less food. Smaller muscles require less intake to fuel and maintain. The modern dragonfly is amazingly efficient and a superb predator. THAT is what evolution is about.
<quoted text>
Peter it came from within the,earth also ..total destruction from above and below..
A,flood story I'd prevalent in many cultures..Not just Jews and Christians,..But then Noah had many descendants who settled in many places and made many civilizations,..so that makes sense,..word of next-generation ..And next .

But it's,one of those things,you believe or not

Indianapolis

#307148 Aug 5, 2013
So, the PLM zombie apocalypse has started?
FaShizzle wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an evil depreaved witch woman who happily supports the mass murder of preborn innocents!! Hell has a special place fir people like you!
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#307149 Aug 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter it came from within the,earth also ..total destruction from above and below..
A,flood story I'd prevalent in many cultures..Not just Jews and Christians,..But then Noah had many descendants who settled in many places and made many civilizations,..so that makes sense,..word of next-generation ..And next .
But it's,one of those things,you believe or not
You mentioned Lucy recently. Mitochondrial DNA. Remember?

How does the story of Noah's descendants jibe with Lucy? One busy gal?

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

#307150 Aug 5, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm just saying oxygen levels are much different now, and that's mainly why thing are smaller :)"
Which would be what? Adaptation. In other words, evolution.
The appendix no longer serves a purpose in the human body.
Your failure to address the fact that the influenza virus evolves regularly, hence the need for new vaccines regularly, is duly noted. Couldn't think of a way around it, huh?
Just a,comment

Species do adapt ..think we are talker even ..so in that way we evolve .But within our own species,.

No crossing..between species ...Not naturally anyway ..

I know they cross breed ..But that's not evolution .

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

#307151 Aug 5, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea,what Lucy was ..But she was NOT a missing link .

Look Katie ..I believe the bible ..what it says ..who Said it .

That is my faith and belief .

As I just said to Peter you believe it or don't :)

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

#307152 Aug 5, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
And the DNA in.my belief was from Eve ..Not Lucy whatever she was,

Indianapolis

#307154 Aug 5, 2013
Knit, you really have no reason to live. Your very existence PROVES there is no god.
FaShizzle wrote:
<quoted text>
A full grown whale? Musta been Bitter!

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

#307156 Aug 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to stop trying to take,a drink of water when reading your posts,

Lol

It's NOT by the way PL anything ..

It's Grafton the land of ,alias..alias,..alias,

Imo

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

#307157 Aug 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Knit, you really have no reason to live. Your very existence PROVES there is no god.
<quoted text>
Please,don't judge Him from her .

And it's,the land of ALIAS ...ALIAS ..proxy

Alias

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#307158 Aug 5, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
like playing make believe nurse?
I have no idea who you are. You seem to have an interest in me that isn't in the least mutual. It's weird. Stop it.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#307159 Aug 5, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your subplate zone is for building the cortex, not running it. Just like your hard drive. Without a working hard drive, your fancy internal programs will not work. Jeez. Learn to read. There's no sensory input or output with a smooth cortex. None. Period.
The article YOU cited even says you are wrong.

SENSORY information (e.g., pain) from the body is sent to the subplates zone via the thalamocortical tracts.

Your article then goes on to say that a "FUNCTIONAL CIRCUIT" of the cortex forms in the suplate zone AT 18 wks gestation.

Which part of FUNCTIONAL CIRCUIT do you not understand?

Atrisco Village

#307160 Aug 5, 2013
FaShizzle wrote:
<quoted text>
I am having a nice day because I speak the truth. Unlike you and your fake nurse stories.
No matter how you try, you can't hide your bitterness and hate, knit. Get help, abuelita.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#307161 Aug 5, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
The article YOU cited even says you are wrong.
SENSORY information (e.g., pain) from the body is sent to the subplates zone via the thalamocortical tracts.
Your article then goes on to say that a "FUNCTIONAL CIRCUIT" of the cortex forms in the suplate zone AT 18 wks gestation.
Which part of FUNCTIONAL CIRCUIT do you not understand?
The part where it says it begins to function at a later time.

Oh, did you think "functional circuit" meant it was functioning at 18 weeks?

You did. Admit it.

Atrisco Village

#307162 Aug 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's about time. I've had my machete sharpened and ready for years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Realtime 1,100,084
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min JOEL 68,967
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr The real deal AB 18,865
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 46,307
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,364
Santa Ayala: Should she stay or should she go? (Oct '13) 3 hr Sir Samuel 20
Find all students who are in Hartford Thu Mr Black 1
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search