Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310234 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#306162 Jul 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Goodnight folks! The greatest abortion was when I said yes to a Holy God, and He aborted my black heart, and gave me a brand new one.
Happy are they, who's SIN have been forgiven past present future.:)
God no longer has a problem with me, when He now looks at me, He sees a man covered by His Son.
He is NOT out to "get me ",as a matter of fact He's. Comming for me :)
I'm. Nothing, and this gift can be yours "if you want it "
One thing I know, if you ever mean business with God -He will not turn you down, and it will be a momment you will NEVER FORGET :):):)
Uh-huh. So, Hitler's in Heaven, and Hitchens is in Hell...

Screw that.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#306163 Jul 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
The far righters always say if you don't like guns don't buy one...I say far righters how about if you don't like abortions don't get one...How about equality and freedom on both subjects.
What???? There's such a thing as 'equality' between men and women? There's such a thing as 'freedom' for people who disagree with the 'right'?

Bah! You speak with forked tongue.

(Please detect heavy sarcasm)
Huh

Faribault, MN

#306164 Jul 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What???? There's such a thing as 'equality' between men and women? There's such a thing as 'freedom' for people who disagree with the 'right'?
No forked tongue....So you want to force your beliefs into others personal lives? You can disagree and not like abortion...Just cant take away others right to approve of it...got it

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#306165 Jul 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
No forked tongue....So you want to force your beliefs into others personal lives? You can disagree and not like abortion...Just cant take away others right to approve of it...got it
She clearly said she was being sarcastic, you know.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#306166 Jul 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahem.

Apparently, you declined to detect the heavy sarcasm.

I was actually agreeing with you, dear.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#306167 Jul 29, 2013
Ok got it..sorry
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#306168 Jul 29, 2013
++++++++=

Will China's economy crash?
By Michael Pettis, Special to CNN
updated 7:47 AM EDT, Mon July 29, 2013

Should we be concerned about China?
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Michael Pettis: Some experts think that China's economy is in big trouble
Pettis: Most likely, China's growth rate will decline in the coming years
He says the country needs to shift from investment to consumption model
Pettis: If China recalibrates its economy in the right way, everyone will benefit

Editor's note: Michael Pettis is a professor of finance at Peking University, a senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace and author of "The Great Rebalancing" (Princeton University Press).

+++++++==

Related to the above, all along just a couples of months ago, you were told China's economy will fall sooner or faster than ever.

Its economy uprising is basically using your money to buy theirs, where your-this-Bush (who is still wanted by the world as a definite War Criminal very badly) started that by promoting that China to pose to this world with lots of problems, especially to US people, and your Obama could not do anything about it.

Look at what Iraq is now with lots of daily big bombings, when to this time, no wonder a stupid he said history would vindicate him because stupidity has no limit.

Not necessarily the whole world will fall, and still other economies will grow, like Russia's, India's and some Latin American countries', and including even South and North Korea and some others.

Your Bush has been wrong in everything, including making the man-made hysteria of Axis-of-evil.

Despite your economic professors have won Nobel Prize in Economics, they are the ones who are still confused.

Those are fools because NO ONE CAN SAVE IT.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#306169 Jul 29, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. And I guess Ink gave us a disturbing peek into her cesspool of a mind.
That would make you a proponent of teaching young boys through Playboy, that women are just for the entertainment of men. Sex objects to be to be sure. What happened to feminists desire to be appreciated for their brains.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#306172 Jul 29, 2013
"Lets choose life"AKA "knutter"AKA "oxygen thief" brayed like an ass....
You sound like a pedo apologist.

you support pedo priests,what does that make you? besides a hypocrite?
Ink

Warminster, PA

#306173 Jul 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not .
Sounds like her son's turned out better than most .
As I said not my style .
Whatever she did ..it worked ..for her .
That's what she says.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#306176 Jul 29, 2013
I read playboy when I was a teen, because it was one of the few mainstream magazines that discussed homosexuality and even supported gay rights in the 70's. Hefner actually gave a lot of money and resources to gay causes and legal struggles. I just ignored the naked women.
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
At 13, a boy has his sexuality developing, and emerging, so they should be thinking about sex, giving them playboy is healthy!
Huh Duh

New York, NY

#306177 Jul 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
The far righters always say if you don't like guns don't buy one...I say far righters how about if you don't like abortions don't get one...How about equality and freedom on both subjects.
Horrible analogy Huh. Killing an innocent human life is not an inherent part of owning a gun. Duh.
Huh Duh

New York, NY

#306178 Jul 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What???? There's such a thing as 'equality' between men and women? There's such a thing as 'freedom' for people who disagree with the 'right'?
Women have just as much of a right to own a gun as men have.

And men do not have a right to choose to electively terminate the human life they carry.

Equality rules !!!
Huh

Faribault, MN

#306179 Jul 29, 2013
Huh Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Horrible analogy Huh. Killing an innocent human life is not an inherent part of owning a gun. Duh.
And abortion kills no human life. NOT ALIVE UNTIL BORN....DUH.........Point is let each personal control there own life...LIKE CONSTITUTION SAYS.
Read

New York, NY

#306180 Jul 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I know. So would you. Criminalizing abortion, removes all the other regulations and restrictions on its practice too...Gosnells will be EVERYWHERE.
Law of supply and demand. There would be no Gosnells unless there are those who choose to break the law AND put their lives at risk by seeking one.

would you advocate breaking the law and putting others lives at risk ? Sick.
Read

New York, NY

#306181 Jul 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Mirror mirror on the wall....
....who's the most naive of all ?
Katie Still Not Reading

New York, NY

#306182 Jul 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to tell me what the motives of my post were?
Perish the thought.
Trying to tell me you understood my post better than I did even though the point of it flew right over your head? Or because the point flew right over your head, you're trying to project your failure onto me? Is that your game?
I aint playing.

You claimed you didn't ask anything when clearly you DID.

The point of the article you linked to was that if you were trying to persuade someone to your way of thinking you should not focus on those "seriously dug in" but instead focus on those who may be unclear where they stand on the issues.

Makes perfect sense no matter which side you are on.
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#306183 Jul 29, 2013
The Pope made a significant statement about judging homosexuals.
Doesn't anyone want to comment???
Ocean56

AOL

#306185 Jul 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
T is why when our girls became 13 we got them on the pill and gave them condoms...Same with our boys at age 13 gave condoms. Had good open talks about sex and guess what every last kid waited for sex until age 16 at earliest. One until married at age 19. Openness and info about sex is very important..When a parent says it is yucky and only for making babies once married kids will go rush out and do it.
Personally, I think teen sex is a BAD IDEA, no matter what the girl's age, especially at such young ages like 13, 14, and 15, but that's probably just me. It isn't a good idea at 16-18 either, whether a girl is on birth control or not. For my own personal experience, I didn't get on birth control until I was 19 and on my own in a big city after graduating high school and successfully completing a nine-month vocational program.

To avoid unwanted pregnancy, I went to Planned Parenthood, and they set me up with the BC I needed. The LAST things I wanted in my late teens and early 20's were marriage and motherhood, so I did my best to make sure I stayed pregnancy-FREE.

Sex-FREE = Pregnancy-FREE / STD-FREE
Ink

Warminster, PA

#306186 Jul 29, 2013
grumpy wrote:
The Pope made a significant statement about judging homosexuals.
Doesn't anyone want to comment???
I think he is a truly good guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min John Galt 1,277,560
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 40 min Chris 20,107
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min Into The Night 54,569
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 hr Cheftell 70,160
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Mon DCF_cooker 51
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Sun Bob 291
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Aug 27 Norbert of Norview 71,944
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages