Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 315193 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

Pearland, TX

#306143 Jul 28, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
At 13, a boy has his sexuality developing, and emerging, so they should be thinking about sex, giving them playboy is healthy!
Ok, like I said, lost my virginity way earlier. Sad but true.

I won't. Say giving a 13 yo a playboy is a good thing, since it is NOT !
BUT I will say, it is no worse then giving a 13 yo a computer with free reign of the net :)
They can AND WILL find much worse there, then playboy.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#306144 Jul 28, 2013
+++

POLICE
Police Blame 'Poor Lighting' for Shooting Dead 72-Year-Old Man in His Garage
They went to the wrong house

Waller sits outside his home with a grandchild ē Star-Telegram
Texas police claim that "poor lighting" is responsible for the death of a 72-year-old man whom police shot dead when they entered the wrong home.

Two rookie officers in Fort Worth, TX, were responding to a burglar alarm and mistakenly entered the home across the street. They shot Jerry Waller six times in the chest.

The two officers claim that Waller stepped outside his home holding a handgun and pointed it at one of the officers. But the family disputes that: "My father never stepped outside of his garage," Waller's son Chris told the Star-Telegram. "He was shot multiple times in the chest only a few steps away from the doorway to his kitchen." Both officers were in their first year on the force.

Waller leaves behind a wife, children, and grandchildren.

+++

Related to the above, it is terrible.

No police can claim going to the wrong house, or, of poor lighting by killing civilians--that is virtually an excuse by being paid by tax payers to kill.
Only in the US AS A POLICE STATE, they can claim that, WHERE WEARING UNIFORMS WILL come and go as tyrants as BIG THUG GANGS, WHICH MAKES IT A GANGLAND WORLD.
There is no question no one wonders why gangs as US policeman Eric Holder with Diane Feinstein want Snowden so bad as the hypocrisy policing.

It does seem time after time THAT US wants to be police by snooping and hacking civilians, with no regard to civil liberty and human rights privacy of its people by CRANKING DOWN freedom.

No country of this planet can have such policing from US anymore.

THE WORLD HAD BETTER KNOW SO THAT it IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO SO.
Gtown71

Pearland, TX

#306145 Jul 28, 2013
Goodnight folks! The greatest abortion was when I said yes to a Holy God, and He aborted my black heart, and gave me a brand new one.

Happy are they, who's SIN have been forgiven past present future.:)
God no longer has a problem with me, when He now looks at me, He sees a man covered by His Son.

He is NOT out to "get me ",as a matter of fact He's. Comming for me :)

I'm. Nothing, and this gift can be yours "if you want it "

One thing I know, if you ever mean business with God -He will not turn you down, and it will be a momment you will NEVER FORGET :):):)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#306146 Jul 28, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening Milady!
Your faith is well noted, and is perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned in as far as you're not trying to actively argue against established science.
You state your position, and you do it very well--"I believe."
The difference between you and "Gtown," is that he's trying to actively argue against the established sciences and using nothing more than arguments that have been thoroughly refuted--not only by the scientific community--but even by the "Creationist" society as well.
You are making a statement of "faith."
"Gtown," is also making a statement of faith, but he's also trying to "instruct" those who're more "learned" than he is in the subjects he's approaching, and attempting to coerce them into "believing" in his faith--for which he has no other basis than the fact that he...believes.
Therein lies the difference.
hello kind sir .

And yes,I know,I differ with science ..which To my mind changes theories, quite often ..if I were to fill my mind with thyings
Such as allergen evolution and timeline stuff ..it would give me a,headache. Having relearn each time it changes.

I used to at one time in my life study different ideas like reincarnation ..etc..But never bought into evolution ..Good thing ..I never believed in Lucy lol

And since I believe the bible truly at this time soon my life..I don't nerd the headache .

Have a,physicist in the family ..only discuss thing briefly.

My answer to all of it is well if there was indeed a big bang..it was most likely GOD speaking ..But no humans to hear it.

We get along fine.

And you put things intelligently ...do WOUKD not think I could possibly change your mind anyway .

:)
Gtown71

Pearland, TX

#306148 Jul 28, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost your virginity not because you had a sexuality, but because of the problems you faced as a child.
I lost my virginity, becouse a much older girl was spending the night the same place I was, and yes I'm sure it didn't. Help with my childhood, but I will say, that the very next day, she made a comment about it as if it was no big deal to her,and I felt very sick!!! In many ways. I had lost something very precious, and way before I ever knew how precious.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#306150 Jul 29, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn Ink, what are you implying...any why are you implying it?
What kind of person buys a subscription for a sex magazine for a thirteen year old boy?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#306151 Jul 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you don't care, but do you feel ok speaking for all others?
Were you here 60,000 years ago? Were you here 6,000 years ago?
Is all that has ever been written true?
You take more by faith, than you realize.
As far as me continuing my post on Christ, if "I" did not, it would be far worse, then me being a doctor and watch you bleed to death, and yet do nothing.
There is a way that seems right to "man" but the end thereof leads to destruction.
What if???
What if YOU are wrong???????
About what? The fact that the earth is more than 6,ooo years old as proven by the physical evidence? I'm not.

And yes, I do feel confident to speak for others here when it comes to your story that we've all read many times before.

Of course not all that is written is true. Your bible, for instance, is mostly made up out of the whole cloth. The only "truth" there would be places and people that there is actual, empirical, historical evidence of.

Geology is not just "written". There is also physical, empirical proof there. There is also archaeological evidence of civilizations, far older than 6,000 years ago. I am taking nothing on faith there.

Again, if you have to ignore facts in order to hold onto your faith, it's not a very strong faith to begin with.
Ocean56

AOL

#306152 Jul 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
You get away with saying girls should remain sex free throughout high school and college., becouse of your stance on God. Try telling folks you love God, and believe this way, and your "friends " and feedback will change. Kinda funny how that works.:)
Again, what NONSENSE, but that's what I've come to expect from you, so this is no surprise. I say that teen sex is a BAD IDEA, for PRACTICAL reasons, not the silly faith-based ones you constantly spew around here. I don't want to see more girls have their dreams for college/vocational school and career wrecked because they unwisely caved in to some teen guy's demands to have sex while in high school and ended up pregnant as a result. Too many girls (even ONE is too many IMO) have had to drop out of school because they were overwhelmed by the responsibilities and hardships of teen motherhood. I don't see that as a good thing for those girls or their children.

If you have a problem with my recommending girls remain sex-FREE (meaning free FROM sex) for different reasons than yours, too bleeping bad. I don't post to make religionists like YOU happy.

Ocean56

AOL

#306153 Jul 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
You ..dear Ocean..seem to be of a unique, mindset kindergarten for your generation ...sadly for others,not similarly minded.
But can you tell from the two who responded on the other site..they don't agree,and that one person seems to be kind of...well a different mindset ...the one who seems to be a guy ...
Thanks for the compliment, Rose, that's a nice thing to read. It's good that we can agree on a few things, even though we may disagree on others.:-)

As to those two guys (they sure give the impression they're guys from the way they post) on the T.P.P. thread, I don't think EITHER of them have much respect for girls and women, if any. Both of them have completely regressive mindsets, as far as girls and women are concerned. What they've posted makes their BACKWARD attitude about girls/women very obvious.

Sex-FREE = Pregnancy-FREE / STD FREE
Ocean56

AOL

#306154 Jul 29, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
Her statement was quite outrageous.
Most of Sassy's statements are outrageous...and they're LIES to boot. We would all be in serious trouble if we believed the NONSENSE she claims is "fact."

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
Ocean56

AOL

#306155 Jul 29, 2013
For those who seriously believe that "teen motherhood isn't so bad," the article below says it all.

http://voices.yahoo.com/reality-sucks-teenage...

Reality Sucks For Teenage Mothers

The Media and Society Create a False Vision of Motherhood for Teens

by Melody Landeros, Feb. 1, 2011

"Many people read with disbelief the recent story of ninety teenage mothers or mothers to be at one school in Tennessee. Others walk by the checkout counters and see headlines such as one MTV mother doesn't know who exactly is the father of her baby. More people tune into MTV and watch the latest installment of Teen Mother 2. Ask a teenager and they know of at least one pregnant person in high school. With a country that has so much information and supplies about pregnancy prevention, how do we explain this atmosphere that condones, and encourages young girls to get pregnant as young as twelve.

Many people will say blame the media that projects this illusionary picture of teen motherhood as though it is tough, the pregnancy will workout some way in a positive manner for the young mother. Maybe the pregnancy will and maybe the opposite outcome will occur, but once the cameras are turned off the question becomes how did these young women end up in such life changing situations?

Does peer pressure cause young girls to become women too fast? When the mentality of everyone doing it or an acceptance that somehow being sexually active is a rite of passage at such an early age, many girls have intimate relationships long before they are mentally and emotionally ready to handle the responsibility and the consequences of these choices. Many mistaken sex for love and instead of realizing that sex is an expression of love.

Their need for acceptance and love is so great that if that relationship doesn't fill that void in them, they mistakenly believe a baby will fill that void, when the void can truly only be filled by themselves. Self-love and acceptance will fill the void, not sexual trysts or babies. These young women do not realize that a baby is a life altering event and once mothers, all the self-centeredness of teenage years, the parties, the dances, the going out, are gone and life revolves around the baby who is completely dependent on a mother. "

Click on top link to read the entire article.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#306156 Jul 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Goodnight folks! The greatest abortion was when I said yes to a Holy God, and He aborted my black heart, and gave me a brand new one.
God no longer has a problem with me, when He now looks at me, He sees a man covered by His Son.
One thing I know, if you ever mean business with God -He will not turn you down, and it will be a momment you will NEVER FORGET :):):)
GOD BLESS. G
Ocean56

AOL

#306158 Jul 29, 2013
Because I DIDNíT Have Sex in High School

Personally, based on my individual experience, I would have to say that generally speaking, life tends to be much easier for any teen girl, myself included, who ISN'T (or wasn't) a teen mom. Why? Because she isn't overwhelmed with adult responsibilities before she's even completed high school, that's why. Because I DIDN'T have sex, get pregnant and become a teen mom while I was still in middle or high school, I was able to complete all my classes, assignments, and tests as a high school student. I enjoyed all my summers between school years, doing pretty much whatever I wanted. I never had to worry about paying for diapers and formula, and I was able to keep my freedom to be a normal teenager.

It's wonderful how much freedom a teen girl has when she ISN'T pregnant. Girls need to think very carefully about all they risk losing by having sex and possibly getting pregnant. They need to think about it BEFORE having sex for the first time, not afterward. If they only think of it afterward, it may already be too late.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#306159 Jul 29, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the compliment, Rose, that's a nice thing to read. It's good that we can agree on a few things, even though we may disagree on others.:-)
As to those two guys (they sure give the impression they're guys from the way they post) on the T.P.P. thread, I don't think EITHER of them have much respect for girls and women, if any. Both of them have completely regressive mindsets, as far as girls and women are concerned. What they've posted makes their BACKWARD attitude about girls/women very obvious.
Sex-FREE = Pregnancy-FREE / STD FREE
I just reread my post ..have no idea what the word kindergarten ..Lol..was,supposed to be ..But I agree on the posters .

And your take on things about remaining sex FREE

Too many complications emotionally for teens to handle.

But teens think they are grown..I remember think how dumb my dear mom was,..I knew,everything there was to know about everything

Wish we got common sense along with those pesky hormones!!!
Huh

Faribault, MN

#306160 Jul 29, 2013
The far righters always say if you don't like guns don't buy one...I say far righters how about if you don't like abortions don't get one...How about equality and freedom on both subjects.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#306161 Jul 29, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
Because I DIDNíT Have Sex in High School
Personally, based on my individual experience, I would have to say that generally speaking, life tends to be much easier for any teen girl, myself included, who ISN'T (or wasn't) a teen mom. Why? Because she isn't overwhelmed with adult responsibilities before she's even completed high school, that's why. Because I DIDN'T have sex, get pregnant and become a teen mom while I was still in middle or high school, I was able to complete all my classes, assignments, and tests as a high school student. I enjoyed all my summers between school years, doing pretty much whatever I wanted. I never had to worry about paying for diapers and formula, and I was able to keep my freedom to be a normal teenager.
It's wonderful how much freedom a teen girl has when she ISN'T pregnant. Girls need to think very carefully about all they risk losing by having sex and possibly getting pregnant. They need to think about it BEFORE having sex for the first time, not afterward. If they only think of it afterward, it may already be too late.
T is why when our girls became 13 we got them on the pill and gave them condoms...Same with our boys at age 13 gave condoms. Had good open talks about sex and guess what every last kid waited for sex until age 16 at earliest. One until married at age 19. Openness and info about sex is very important..When a parent says it is yucky and only for making babies once married kids will go rush out and do it.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#306162 Jul 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Uh-huh. So, Hitler's in Heaven, and Hitchens is in Hell...

Screw that.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#306163 Jul 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
The far righters always say if you don't like guns don't buy one...I say far righters how about if you don't like abortions don't get one...How about equality and freedom on both subjects.
What???? There's such a thing as 'equality' between men and women? There's such a thing as 'freedom' for people who disagree with the 'right'?

Bah! You speak with forked tongue.

(Please detect heavy sarcasm)
Huh

Faribault, MN

#306164 Jul 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What???? There's such a thing as 'equality' between men and women? There's such a thing as 'freedom' for people who disagree with the 'right'?
Bah! You speak with forked tongue.
(Please detect heavy sarcasm)
No forked tongue....So you want to force your beliefs into others personal lives? You can disagree and not like abortion...Just cant take away others right to approve of it...got it

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#306165 Jul 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
No forked tongue....So you want to force your beliefs into others personal lives? You can disagree and not like abortion...Just cant take away others right to approve of it...got it
She clearly said she was being sarcastic, you know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min Grey Ghost 1,563,948
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr WPWW 20,966
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Thu jjbowler300 54
News What is Being Done About the Fentanyl Crisis in CT Jul 18 Gavone 11
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Jul 17 Standing up to DCF 86
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Jul 13 John 63,930
Why are puerto ricans so lazy & don't work? (Nov '13) Jul 13 LaLa Land 9

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages