Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304859 Jul 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"The subplate is defined as a transient zone below the cortical plate and above the intermediate zone in the developing cortex (Bystron et al. 2008). It was first described in the human cortex (Kostovi&#263; & Molliver, 1974) and then in the fetal macaque (Rakic, 1977), carnivores (Luskin & Shatz, 1985) and rat (Rickmann et al. 1977). Marin-Padilla (1971) described the splitting of the earliest postmitotic cortical layer, the primordial plexiform zone, into the marginal zone and subplate in carnivores, a finding that was subsequently confirmed with birthdating studies by Luskin & Shatz (1985)."
<SNIP>
"Indeed, the subplate and cortical plate continue to generate spontaneous network activity dependent on the depolarizing action of GABA until shortly after birth in the human (Vanhatalo et al. 2005). The significance of this precocious development amongst a group of neurons deep in the subplate remains obscure at present. Further investigations of the gene expression, cell types and connectivity of the subcompartments within the large human subplate are required."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2...
In layman's speak, this confirms what I claimed yesterday. The fetal brain, during development, does not process any internal/external messages and cannot send/receive messages regarding pain or feelings. IOW, the fetus is unaware of itself and surroundings. Is unknowing and unknown no matter how you try to romanticize fetal development or personify it by transferring your own experiences onto it. Your complete fetal focus to the exclusion of the woman pregnant with it is what's unrealistic.
Katie V.: "In layman's speak, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2... confirms what I claimed yesterday."
_______

You are so layman that you don't realize it does not comfirm what you said yesterday.

Try again.

TIA.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#304860 Jul 14, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair point, and understand completely, yet...it's Monty Python luv!!!
:)
To be honest, they frequently went out of their way to offend the established order usually with the intention of highlighting the established order's hypocrisy. Then again, if you think about it, so did Jesus...
Python was,never a,favorite ..But again that's,me.

And yes,Jesus was,very angry at the ESTABLISHED RELIGIOUS.

if you notice ..He did not give much notice to the Romans.
And that made some really ticked off as they expected Messiah to throw,of the Romans,

Mostly He did not like the Religious using the temple to cheat the little guy.

But if you believed as,I do that is understandable..They were desecrating God's GodS Tmple

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#304861 Jul 14, 2013
"ladida"aka "knut" aka "oxygen thief"
Why is it your business? Why are you judging? It's not your place to judge, you know. Keep trying to work out your own problems. Don't worry about others.

BINGO! you should take your own advice.....
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304862 Jul 14, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "In layman's speak, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2... confirms what I claimed yesterday."
_______
You are so layman that you don't realize it does not comfirm what you said yesterday.
Try again.
TIA.
Then you didn't read the entire article. Probably too long for your short attention span.

Location hidden

#304863 Jul 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you didn't read the entire article. Probably too long for your short attention span.
Katie

I know you believe what you do

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

Here a 're just two from that page.

Can you honestly say as a human being ..not a religious person. Just a human

That you could watch babies like this violently killed.
Just because they were in a womb instead of our of it.

Tell me these babies do not react ...are not aware

They are at the same stAge if development that your side is fighting to be able to kill them legally

THIS HAS NOTHING to do with anyone wanting a theocracy. Or the SO CAKKED Religious Right or God even..

If you can look honestly at these, children and give an ok to a doctor to kill them in the violent manner...

Then I fear we will never agree..

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#304864 Jul 14, 2013
But...but....SUBPLATE!

NR will worry a word like a terrier will worry a bone.
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"The subplate is defined as a transient zone below the cortical plate and above the intermediate zone in the developing cortex (Bystron et al. 2008). It was first described in the human cortex (Kostovi&#263; & Molliver, 1974) and then in the fetal macaque (Rakic, 1977), carnivores (Luskin & Shatz, 1985) and rat (Rickmann et al. 1977). Marin-Padilla (1971) described the splitting of the earliest postmitotic cortical layer, the primordial plexiform zone, into the marginal zone and subplate in carnivores, a finding that was subsequently confirmed with birthdating studies by Luskin & Shatz (1985)."
<SNIP>
"Indeed, the subplate and cortical plate continue to generate spontaneous network activity dependent on the depolarizing action of GABA until shortly after birth in the human (Vanhatalo et al. 2005). The significance of this precocious development amongst a group of neurons deep in the subplate remains obscure at present. Further investigations of the gene expression, cell types and connectivity of the subcompartments within the large human subplate are required."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2...
In layman's speak, this confirms what I claimed yesterday. The fetal brain, during development, does not process any internal/external messages and cannot send/receive messages regarding pain or feelings. IOW, the fetus is unaware of itself and surroundings. Is unknowing and unknown no matter how you try to romanticize fetal development or personify it by transferring your own experiences onto it. Your complete fetal focus to the exclusion of the woman pregnant with it is what's unrealistic.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304865 Jul 14, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie
I know you believe what you do
Here a 're just two from that page.
Can you honestly say as a human being ..not a religious person. Just a human
That you could watch babies like this violently killed.
Just because they were in a womb instead of our of it.
Tell me these babies do not react ...are not aware
They are at the same stAge if development that your side is fighting to be able to kill them legally
THIS HAS NOTHING to do with anyone wanting a theocracy. Or the SO CAKKED Religious Right or God even..
If you can look honestly at these, children and give an ok to a doctor to kill them in the violent manner...
Then I fear we will never agree..
We won't agree so long as your focus remains on the fetus to the exclusion of the woman gestating it.

Do you mind providing anything posted by me that would lead you to think I believe this issue is only about "kill[ing] them [embryo/fetuses] in the violent manner..." ????????

Location hidden

#304866 Jul 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
We won't agree so long as your focus remains on the fetus to the exclusion of the woman gestating it.
Do you mind providing anything posted by me that would lead you to think I believe this issue is only about "kill[ing] them [embryo/fetuses] in the violent manner..." ????????
Katie .

You want abortion legal past 20 weeks ..as the New law wants it legal up to 20+weeks .

Abortion done on purpose violently ends the life in the womb.

Did you look at those videos..th e y are the same age you think it's ok to kill them in the womb ..

You did not have to use the word violent ..for an abortion to be so..

Please semantics ...

And I was trying to make the point that one does nit have to want a theocracy in to be humane and merciful to babies.

And if you do not w I shouldn't to look at c children like the ones in the videos an d see them as,aware ..if they were to be killed.

Then there is nothing more to be said useful on the subject ..

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#304867 Jul 14, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame
Lol
That is horrid
What's horrid about it?
Don't like having the SCPL philosophy exposed in all its radiant glory, eh?

Location hidden

#304868 Jul 14, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What's horrid about it?
Don't like having the SCPL philosophy exposed in all its radiant glory, eh?
Well

For one thing ..I am pro life

And the last thing I would call sacred is,sperm.

It's necessary for procreation ..But imo

Not one of the greatest accomplishment I can think of.

As,I said I don't like using Children like that or for any side if a protest .

That's just a personal preference ..
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304869 Jul 14, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie .
You want abortion legal past 20 weeks ..as the New law wants it legal up to 20+weeks .
This is when you sound just like JM. Please, Rose. I've been very clear about wanting women to retain their civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy.

This does not mean I "want abortion legal past 20 weeks ..as the New law wants it legal up to 20+weeks ."

Roe v Wade already restricts abortion at 24 weeks. I don't see any reason to close the window on this time frame, not even a smidgeon.

Therefore, to me, this "new law" is as redundant as forcing women to have or view ultrasounds even though this had been previously offered without any law in place.

It's just another way for gov't to intrude into a private, medical moment. You hate "obamacare" so much but see no problem with health care being legislated from the legal bench rather than decided by physicians.
Abortion done on purpose violently ends the life in the womb.
Did you look at those videos..th e y are the same age you think it's ok to kill them in the womb ..
You did not have to use the word violent ..for an abortion to be so..
Please semantics ...
And I was trying to make the point that one does nit have to want a theocracy in to be humane and merciful to babies.
And if you do not w I shouldn't to look at c children like the ones in the videos an d see them as,aware ..if they were to be killed.
Then there is nothing more to be said useful on the subject ..
I'm not the one abusing semantics here, Rose. Fetuses are not babies. I have no right to another woman's fetus and neither do you. To sit there and pretend you do is ludicrous imo.

As others have been told, not every pregnancy survives. There's little difference between spontaneous and induced abortion. One was decided by the woman's body, one was decided by the woman's mind. You respond as if this is a bad thing.

Do you get yourself all worked up when someone miscarries? Would you get all worked up about it if you didn't even know about it? And if so, why?

Location hidden

#304870 Jul 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
This is when you sound just like JM. Please, Rose. I've been very clear about wanting women to retain their civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy.
This does not mean I "want abortion legal past 20 weeks ..as the New law wants it legal up to 20+weeks ."
Roe v Wade already restricts abortion at 24 weeks. I don't see any reason to close the window on this time frame, not even a smidgeon.
Therefore, to me, this "new law" is as redundant as forcing women to have or view ultrasounds even though this had been previously offered without any law in place.
It's just another way for gov't to intrude into a private, medical moment. You hate "obamacare" so much but see no problem with health care being legislated from the legal bench rather than decided by physicians.
<quoted text>
I'm not the one abusing semantics here, Rose. Fetuses are not babies. I have no right to another woman's fetus and neither do you. To sit there and pretend you do is ludicrous imo.
As others have been told, not every pregnancy survives. There's little difference between spontaneous and induced abortion. One was decided by the woman's body, one was decided by the woman's mind. You respond as if this is a bad thing.
Do you get yourself all worked up when someone miscarries? Would you get all worked up about it if you didn't even know about it? And if so, why?
Katie

We do not agree on this ..

If you looked at those videos. And still believe as you do .

Than it is only going to tick one of us off to continue .

I do not wish to do that .

There is no conspiracy here..I see it as humane NOT to do it

You don't see it that way..

BTW,telling me I sound like JM

Does not mean a thing to me.

You have your belief ..I have mine

And I do attempt to be polite..

PEACE

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#304871 Jul 14, 2013
ladida wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it your business? Why are you judging? It's not your place to judge, you know. Keep trying to work out your own problems. Don't worry about others.
Knut...LMAO!! Pot meet kettle.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#304872 Jul 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm. Sorry, but "your " church, was started by satan. "Your " church takes "all " the glory from Jesus Christ, and puts it on the backs of filthy men, rituals, repititious prayers, mary worship, baptizm for the dead, and damned. Money money money, and that's. The short list. Please consider either bragging on "your " God, or meet this God so you can. Believe this or not, all I say to you, is in love!
Holy cow...Gtown I think I'm in love.
Gtown71

United States

#304873 Jul 14, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
G I would nit say that..I think in the Middle ShesShe's got off track ..But her modern popes have tried for reconciliation eith the other Christian Churches and the Jews..
Any how,I feel many good Christian s are in all churches...And fir a debate on all this try
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...
Hey lady, yea I at times speak out on this topic, and will try and reframe, since most on here know where I stand. Just to be very clear, I truly believe many catholics will go to heaven, but very few priest or popes.

There is just something about reducing the one and only God of the Universe to a vanilla wafer,that just really bugs me.

I've thought alot about many issues that stir the people. Like the prison job.
We must have laws,but at the same time, the "only " thing that seperates me from those in prison, is I was not caught.
The only thing that seperates me from those headed to Hell, is Gods grace.:)

Location hidden

#304876 Jul 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey lady, yea I at times speak out on this topic, and will try and reframe, since most on here know where I stand. Just to be very clear, I truly believe many catholics will go to heaven, but very few priest or popes.
There is just something about reducing the one and only God of the Universe to a vanilla wafer,that just really bugs me.
I've thought alot about many issues that stir the people. Like the prison job.
We must have laws,but at the same time, the "only " thing that seperates me from those in prison, is I was not caught.
The only thing that seperates me from those headed to Hell, is Gods grace.:)
Lol I don't care where you work ..honest labor is what built this country..

And we all Haverford things we regret ..big time..:)

Location hidden

#304877 Jul 14, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy cow...Gtown I think I'm in love.
Lol. NOW NOW Moon

I think the man is married.

But Madame saw him first ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Location hidden

#304878 Jul 14, 2013
Geesh I totally reset this thing ..and she is worse than ever..

That was supposed to say

We all have done things we regret !!!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#304879 Jul 14, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well
For one thing ..I am pro life
And the last thing I would call sacred is,sperm.
It's necessary for procreation ..But imo
Not one of the greatest accomplishment I can think of.
As,I said I don't like using Children like that or for any side if a protest .
That's just a personal preference ..
But procreation is everything - isn't it? I mean, hey: that's the premise, why not admit it?

The more life, the better - right?
Isn't that what 'pro-life' means??
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#304880 Jul 14, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
The pill stops ovulation ..No egg ..No baby knit .
If the pill is nit effective and the woman OVULATES..as in some pills used while nursing ..just the one hormone .
Voila. Baby .
Since the pill makes the body not ovulate ..think it is already pregnant ..it IS NOT ABIRTIFACIENT
How do you know that the pill stops ovulation?
Anything against nature is wrong.
Doctors really believe the science they
study is true?
Maybe they make it up.
Why suffer? Let God heal you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min VetnorsGate 1,405,628
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr El Padre 60,664
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Wed Ize Found 70,836
Woman Stabbed, Man Shot Within Hours Of One Ano... (Aug '09) Wed TorresHtfdCt 95
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) Wed Chaimpie 93
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed stupid republicans 20,391
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Jul 26 silly rabbit 81

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages