Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
285,581 - 285,600 of 305,079 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
But Bitner.
Equality at the expense of 50 million newborn lives ???
What are we.
The other things,you cited are a horrid legacy.
But supposedly ..well we used to say..if women ran things THERE EOUKD BE NO KILLING. WARS. ETC
WHAT have we women become!!! AT A WHAT PRICE to our own offspring ..
When with using responsible tools that number coukd have been so much lower.
We are no better than the warring men we used to put down.
Death for different goals ..
And so unnecessary
It's sad
Not what I thought we women should fight for.
Imo
My point was that equality is the goal, and that RvW has not done anything that wasn't already there, except allow women to make their own medical decisions.

If you wanted to believe women were superior, that's on you.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
CORRECTION
50 million PRE born lives
1 in 4 pregnancies do not make it to term. Let's us not pretend that every pregnancy conceived is guaranteed to live.

I dont know where you're getting your 50 million number, but How about focusing on those born? Every day, approximately 18,000 children die from hunger and undernutrition. In 2008, 9 million BORN children died because of hunger and malnutrition.

Let us not pretend that the "pro life" movement cares or blinks an eye about "innocent" children dying.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth, and I may be wrong, perhaps the big difference between the feminist fight for rights in the 60's and today is that back then, reproductive issues were not at the forefront simply because it was felt that those were "womens issues" and the government was not going buck wild like they are today over it. In the last few years, there have been so many attempted bills at regulating abortion, because they know they can't outright ban it, and some politicians are trying to include contraception as well, which is why we see more women stepping up to defend those issues today as opposed to the 60's.
Michelle is a diehard proabort.

Lapsed Catholic.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
1 in 4 pregnancies do not make it to term. Let's us not pretend that every pregnancy conceived is guaranteed to live.
I dont know where you're getting your 50 million number, but How about focusing on those born? Every day, approximately 18,000 children die from hunger and undernutrition. In 2008, 9 million BORN children died because of hunger and malnutrition.
Let us not pretend that the "pro life" movement cares or blinks an eye about "innocent" children dying.
Natural death vr. intentional killing.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that equality is the goal, and that RvW has not done anything that wasn't already there, except allow women to make their own medical decisions.
bHitler: "RvW has not done anything that wasn't already there, except allow women to make their own medical decisions."

2,000 baby females being executed in U.S. abortuaries TODAY.

Feminist my azz.

Women weren't created to take the lives of their children, but to give life. You're becoming less like yourselves when KILLING your babies.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler: "RvW has not done anything that wasn't already there"
______

200,000 illegal abortions/yr prior to RvW. 1,200,000 leagl abortions/yr AFTER RvW.

1 million more dead babies/yr because of RvW.

Moron.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Natural death vr. intentional killing.
Starvation is natural death?!!!

You're dumber than I thought.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It has not eclipsed everything else. The fight for equality continues. Again, you just hear about it more, and that is the fault of those who are working against equal rights in that area.
And no, a woman cannot have equality until she is free to make all of her own medical decisions. Just like she cannot have equality until she makes as much money for doing the same job as a man. Just like she cannot have equality until she has equal access to education as a man. It's all part and parcel of the fight for equality. It's all important.
Rose, now you are being na´ve. Life has always been expendable to humanity. Always. How can you look at the history of war and slavery and pretend it hasn't? Every soldier is/has been considered expendable to the gov'ts that send them to war. RvW added nothing to that.
Abortion has always been around, and used. It was mostly herbal, aside from the objects inserted into the vagina. What has changed throughout history is the fact that it went from being considered no one's business what a woman did with her own pregnancy, to others thinking they had the right to tell her what she can and cannot do. RvW merely put the decision, as much as possible, back into the hands it belongs in, the woman who is the one gestating, and facing possible risks to life and health.
Not once in your nonsensical gobbledygook did you mention the littl humans in the womb. Not once. You yourself clearly said that DNA results indicate "a human" (noun) is in the womb.

You go as far as to compare an innocent, defenseless preborn baby to a soldier in war. You are a baby terrorist who is calling for Jihad against preborn babies.

While you're yapping about "feminism" 2,000 baby females are being slaughtered today in U.S. abortuaries. With YOUR support & encouragment.

"Feminist" my azz.........
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It has not eclipsed everything else. The fight for equality continues. Again, you just hear about it more, and that is the fault of those who are working against equal rights in that area.
And no, a woman cannot have equality until she is free to make all of her own medical decisions. Just like she cannot have equality until she makes as much money for doing the same job as a man. Just like she cannot have equality until she has equal access to education as a man. It's all part and parcel of the fight for equality. It's all important.
Rose, now you are being na´ve. Life has always been expendable to humanity. Always. How can you look at the history of war and slavery and pretend it hasn't? Every soldier is/has been considered expendable to the gov'ts that send them to war. RvW added nothing to that.
Abortion has always been around, and used. It was mostly herbal, aside from the objects inserted into the vagina. What has changed throughout history is the fact that it went from being considered no one's business what a woman did with her own pregnancy, to others thinking they had the right to tell her what she can and cannot do. RvW merely put the decision, as much as possible, back into the hands it belongs in, the woman who is the one gestating, and facing possible risks to life and health.
bHitler:'Life has always been expendable, Rose. Lok at slavery & war. Therefore, it's okay to kill babies in the womb.'

WTH?

^^^ Musings from a sociopath ^^^
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
According to bHitler, women will not have equality until:

Equal pay
Equal access to education
Legal right to kill their babies in their womb...including baby women.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

More melodrama, irrelevancies and lies from No Relevance. And, no one is surprised. Imagine that.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I Never thought we were superior..just less willing to take lives,for the ""good"" " of whatever .

I was wrong..We are now equal to men in lives taken ..PPreborn or not

:(

And it makes me sad. That we could not stick to family planning by contraception to reach our goals ..

And yes the disappointment is definitely mine ..

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I Never thought we were superior..just less willing to take lives,for the ""good"" " of whatever .
I was wrong..We are now equal to men in lives taken ..PPreborn or not
:(
And it makes me sad. That we could not stick to family planning by contraception to reach our goals ..
And yes the disappointment is definitely mine ..
Many more do stick to family planning than don't. Most women still choose to continue even unplanned pregnancies than don't.

Still, the option must be there, or we don't have the equal right of men to make our own medical decisions.

Do you really think you'd hear so much about this if it wasn't for those trying to take that equal right away, or restrict it so much that it can't BE accessed by many of those who may choose to do so?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal pay
Not what I said. And there is no such thing as a "baby woman". But, don't let the facts stop your little hissy fit, Drama Queen.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Bitner wrote:
More melodrama, irrelevancies and lies from No Relevance. And, no one is surprised. Imagine that.

Equal pay
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Based on DNA analysis and results, bHitler conceded that "a human" (noun) is in the womb.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

And, again, more lies, melodrama and irrelevancies from No Relevance. And still, no one is surprised. It's all he has.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Many more do stick to family planning than don't. Most women still choose to continue even unplanned pregnancies than don't.
Still, the option must be there, or we don't have the equal right of men to make our own medical decisions.
Do you really think you'd hear so much about this if it wasn't for those trying to take that equal right away, or restrict it so much that it can't BE accessed by many of those who may choose to do so?
It's true it's a hot button..one side wants restrictions at the very least..Nit to be confused with SAVING a life in an emergency.

But at least a boundary at possible viability and pain

The other side ..some are arguing about live babies who survive..do we kill them if the mom wishes??

Cannot believe it has come so far.

It is bad enough taking a really early term life But insisting on elective abortions..meaning healthy mom and baby...past 20 weeks I'd just plain cruel imo

You either prevent pregnancy and many don't even try..

Or if you are getting an abortion..which I detest at any stage..But if you get it do it early..don't rip that child apart or whatever they do now for late terms .

I mean we are saying. We are proud intelligent women making a choice..then make it already ..don't torture a child whose legs you felt kicking inside you...

Imo
grumpy

Garnerville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true it's a hot button..one side wants restrictions at the very least..Nit to be confused with SAVING a life in an emergency.
But at least a boundary at possible viability and pain
The other side ..some are arguing about live babies who survive..do we kill them if the mom wishes??
Cannot believe it has come so far.
It is bad enough taking a really early term life But insisting on elective abortions..meaning healthy mom and baby...past 20 weeks I'd just plain cruel imo
You either prevent pregnancy and many don't even try..
Or if you are getting an abortion..which I detest at any stage..But if you get it do it early..don't rip that child apart or whatever they do now for late terms .
I mean we are saying. We are proud intelligent women making a choice..then make it already ..don't torture a child whose legs you felt kicking inside you...
Imo
Then what's your objection to Roe v Wade?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's true it's a hot button..one side wants restrictions at the very least..Nit to be confused with SAVING a life in an emergency."

We already had restrictions. That's part of what RvW did. Restrictions are also not to be confused with making it nearly impossible for a woman to have access with laws that have no other purpose.

"But at least a boundary at possible viability and pain"

We already had a boundary for viability, with RvW. All the science says that pain perception is not possible until very late in the pregnancy. It is sound science, based upon the facts known regarding human anatomy and physiology. It is a fact that sensation is not possible until the nerves are properly connected to the proper area of the upper brain, and it is developed enough to interpret that stimulus. That does not happen until much later than 20 weeks.

"The other side ..some are arguing about live babies who survive..do we kill them if the mom wishes??"

I have not seen anyone but one or two extremists argue this. And NO ONE has proposed such a law.

"Cannot believe it has come so far."

It hasn't.

"It is bad enough taking a really early term life But insisting on elective abortions..meaning healthy mom and baby...past 20 weeks I'd just plain cruel imo"

Rose 98.7% of all abortions occur AT 21 weeks and BEFORE.

"You either prevent pregnancy and many don't even try.."

And that is simply something you cannot legislate. Making abortions illegal (or even attempting to legislate the clinics out of business) for those who do try, just because many don't, is not the solution.

"Or if you are getting an abortion..which I detest at any stage..But if you get it do it early..don't rip that child apart or whatever they do now for late terms ."

Again, 98.7% of all abortions occur at 21 weeks or BEFORE.

"I mean we are saying. We are proud intelligent women making a choice..then make it already ..don't torture a child whose legs you felt kicking inside you...
Imo"

98.7%. Even though the choice remains open to women up to whatever week gestation their state allows (anywhere between 20 and 24), MOST still choose to have the abortion early. In fact, 61.8% are done before 9 weeks, 17.1% at 9-10 weeks, an 9.1% at 11-12 weeks. That's a total of 88% done in the first trimester.

As an aside, did you know that in Canada, where there are no restrictions on abortion at all, their rates are far lower than ours here in the US? During the latest record year, 2010, there were under 65,000 abortions reported performed in Canada. For the latest record year in the US, 2009, there were over 784,000 reported. What do you think they do differently there?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wethersfield Discussions

Search the Wethersfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Grey Ghost 1,079,183
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 45,773
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr bannedagain3 18,537
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr voice of peace 67,899
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr Frijoles 68,368
Prisoner Dies At Hartford Correctional Institution (Feb '13) 5 hr James Laccavole 5
16 Members And Associates Of La Familia Gang Ar... (May '08) 18 hr true one 295
•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE