Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311623 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#304706 Jul 12, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And at seven weeks gestation it's considered a woman? I don't think so. It may be female, but it is not a woman.
It strikes up a convo with used tampons on the off-chance it'll end up with a date for the night.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304707 Jul 12, 2013
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
It strikes up a convo with used tampons on the off-chance it'll end up with a date for the night.
Ewww, La. Some eat while reading...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#304708 Jul 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"I woukd agree that health is important but what health ..excuses have been used about mental heath..No reason to abort ."
I submit that if it was YOUR mental health, you wouldn't find it to be trivial.
"If a w Oman WANTS a baby she will do anything short of killing herself to give baby a chance ..along with herself of course."
She may choose to sacrifice her own life. At least the choice is hers. She also may not, even for a very much wanted pregnancy. That choice should also be hers.
"She shoukd get the best care possible ..purposely killing her child ..nope don t see it as for her health ...
Pre eclampsia ..eclampsia,..lot of things can go wrong ..She should be treated if course ."
Are you qualified to say her health wouldn't be permanently damaged? And who do you think should make such an determination, a medical professional on a case by case basis, or a politician ahead of time for every woman?
"Ectopic pregnancy ..remove the tube or fetus."
Rose, that's an abortion.
"Dead baby remove it ...."
What about dying? Should a woman with a wanted pregnancy have to WAIT for the actual death?
"All things CAN be done to take care of a mom ..th e y are not done at an abortion clinic."
Rose most states have laws signifying that abortions be done in a hospital after a certain point, ranging from 12 weeks to viability.
"And that w Oman was so evasive ..up t o mom if the baby s Gould be saved once it's breathing???????no"
Are you unaware that the same thing holds true for a live birth? The doctor must diagnose and recommend treatment for a newborn, but the next of kin (the woman)must give permission, or there IS no treatment. All that woman said is that what happens after there is a newborn is up to the woman and the doctor to decide.
Oh and if mom has,a real mental health issue ..Nit just I DECIDED A T 6 months,I don't want a baby ...

But a Tue life altering one .

First can't see how abortion will cure it

Second ...it woukd not magically show up after the 20 week cut off.

I'm saying as always .

Responsibility ...use contraception ...And if you have that CHOICE ..use it very early...

They can't do that ..And again NOT TALKING ABOUT EMERGENCY CONDITION

you can't show responsibility ...follow the guidelines. do it early ..than HAVE THE BABY . Give it for adoption .

You know my first pregnancy was a nightmare in many ways...But it was only 40 weeks,...out of a long life to nit be selfish ..make a sacrifice .

If you are he a light and go 20 weeks ..you can mske it the rest of the way and do right by your child ..Imo

Are we that helpless as women???
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304710 Jul 12, 2013
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of "I don't support any choices at all" escapes you?
It's none of my business what strange people choose! So why would I support anything?
Just like I don't "support" any religion at all. It's none of my business what faith people choose to follow or not follow. I want them to choose what suits them. They neither need nor want input from me.
I can't make it any clearer or simpler.
LaLoser: "I don't support any choices at all....It's none of my business what strange people choose! So why would I support anything?"

You do no support life?

Based on your past posts and admitted past action, at least you're consistent.

Do you support tennis?

Never mind..........
Katie Does Not Read

United States

#304711 Jul 12, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, have you taken up reading minds now? Do you need me to write out I think the faux-Christians (Xtians) are extremists so you stop calling me a liar, pretty please with sugar on top?

When you have the guts to post under the SN people here are familiar with, I might give a sh*t. But that's a big maybe.
<spit>
Have I taken up mind reading??? What are you talking about ??? If I was a mind reader I'd have assumed you meant extremist when in fact you never said any such thing. Instead I took you at your word. You called him a faux Christian. And a faux Christian is not always an extremist, just as an extremist is not always a Christian.
So yeah, you absolutely DO have to write out extremist if that's what you mean. Liar.

First you claim a memory lapse, then you call the post inconsequential. NOW you use the "use your own SN" excuse. What's next ? Bigot.

Location hidden

#304712 Jul 12, 2013
Christ Have Mercy wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe , just maybe you aren't bright enough to know that there's more than one person from Nebraska posting on Topix forums and Husker is a popular name to use. Just google Husker and you will find out.
But I doubt on this forum ..
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304713 Jul 12, 2013
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
It's none of my business what strange people choose! So why would I support anything?
Just like I don't "support" any religion at all. It's none of my business what faith people choose to follow or not follow. I want them to choose what suits them. They neither need nor want input from me.
Lala: "What part of "I don't support any choices at all" escapes you? It's none of my business what strange people choose! So why would I support anything?
_________

You expressed overzealous support for abortion in your below post:

"Heck, the way I see it, if anything abortion increases the value of the living." - Lala
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

Which is it?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304715 Jul 12, 2013
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
LaLoon:'A mother choosing to kill her baby in her womb is equivalent to her choosing which religion to follow.'

You truly are a freak show. I'm sure you siblings would agree.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304716 Jul 12, 2013
Moochelle
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304717 Jul 12, 2013
Katie Does Not Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Have I taken up mind reading??? What are you talking about ??? If I was a mind reader I'd have assumed you meant extremist when in fact you never said any such thing. Instead I took you at your word. You called him a faux Christian. And a faux Christian is not always an extremist, just as an extremist is not always a Christian.
So yeah, you absolutely DO have to write out extremist if that's what you mean. Liar.
First you claim a memory lapse, then you call the post inconsequential. NOW you use the "use your own SN" excuse. What's next ? Bigot.
Wah wah wah!!

There are 2 kids dead today because of older siblings and a girl left for dead by a teenager.

You think your words above have any meaning for anyone besides you?

I don't give a sh*t what you think of me. Especially when you can't even post under the SN people would you know you as. You call me liar and bigot without having the first clue.

Grow the hell up and do something worthwhile with your life.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#304718 Jul 12, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I have empathy for those embryos/fetuses who don't survive pregnancy. More of my focus is on the pregnant woman than on the embryo/fetus growing inside her. She is known. Her embryo/fetus is unknowing and unknown. I don't expect you to agree with this, but any grown person should have a basic understanding of it, imo
For some strange reason you are incapable of understanding this and ascribe all manner of strangeness which you try to project.
Katie V.: "I have empathy for those embryos/fetuses who don't survive pregnancy"
______

Really? Would you consider your following quote an attempt of showing sentiment & empathy for the little ones in the womb?

"No, I don't think calling fetuses in general "a useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone." - Katie V.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304723 Jul 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "I have empathy for those embryos/fetuses who don't survive pregnancy"
______
Really? Would you consider your following quote an attempt of showing sentiment & empathy for the little ones in the womb?
"No, I don't think calling fetuses in general "a useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone." - Katie V.
Are you thick?

How many times do you have to be told somebody else said that?
A different person asked me about it.
And I gave an opinion IN CONTEXT to the conversation where it was initially said?

WTF are you to insist it means anything to me? Or that it's even my opinion?

You're nothing but a f'n doofus, NR. You've got no depth, no meaning. You can't even put an original sentence together. You're nothing but a broken record repeating the same one-liners over and over and over again life a broken record.

Stop worrying your panties off over some stranger's pregnancy and take care of the people already on this planet.

Start at the mission or the soup kitchen or whatever your town's equivalent of shelters for the homeless is. Doing something meaningful besides playing nasty on an anonymous forum.
<spit>

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#304724 Jul 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Playa, you need to begin a program designed to soothing your made-up resentments & quest to be a man. You're current coping strategy KILLS innocent babies in the womb (including baby girls...."It's A Girl!" www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com ).
Start by wearing a strap-on for 3 hours/day for a week. Let me know how that affects your anxiety level and animus against men & defenseless babies.
TIA.
Translation: "How dare you suggest I carry a pregnancy!! That's wimmins work - and would be putting my money where my mouth is."

You need to begin a program to ingest several spoonfuls of arsenic on a daily basis, mutt.

Location hidden

#304725 Jul 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
LaLoser: "I don't support any choices at all....It's none of my business what strange people choose! So why would I support anything?"
You do no support life?
Based on your past posts and admitted past action, at least you're consistent.
Do you support tennis?
Never mind..........
Still c curious NR. do you believe Jesus Is your Saviour.
Gtown71

United States

#304727 Jul 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Still c curious NR. do you believe Jesus Is your Saviour.
Yes I do.:)

I see how many brag on "their " church, or "their " religion, and I still don't get it?!?!?

Before I met God, I wanted nothing to do with any, but there are churches, and religions galore.
there is either a God or not. Would love to see some of the "holy " rollers brag on "their " God, instead of "their " church, or fadder (father):)

Peace till next time rose.
I may be starting a new job soon, so please pray if it is Gods will I will, if not I won't.

I can't sleep, and must be at the prison at 8 am. Which is 3 hours away. If they're smart, they will lock me up :) lol

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#304729 Jul 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but they are not in it to do away with the baby.like PP is,.
If a dying baby is in the womb in a wanted pregnancy ???
I assume they would try to save it.
Do their best and if they cannot..They deliver it ..They do nit purposely try to kill it
That abortion name gets,a,lot if work ..semantics.
You know..PP Knows what any Pro life objection or restriction refers,to..
We do not want mothers unhealthy or dying to save a dead baby.
If it's sick at least try to ease it..if delivered early ..don't cut it up first ..if it's,doomed then hold the poor thing until it passes.
That woman. Sorry her excuse made me thing of the clinic heRd that killed the baby that slipped out ..out it in the garbage breathing .
Or worst case GOSNEL .
THE earlier she has an abortion. GOD forbid..the less cruel .
And when we speak of elective abortion we are talking healthy bUns and moms .
And it's clear that we are with legislation ..
No one is saying mom should die ...
The law is trying to say go early.
And if that baby survives don't kill it
The 20 week ban doesn't speak about a neonate who has survived an abortion, if I recall correctly.

And the woman on the video said nothing about killing one.

An abortion, Rose, is the termination of a pregnancy, whether spontaneous or induced, by the removal of the products of conception. That is the definition. So, a miscarriage, a D&C, AND the removal of the tube to end an ectopic pregnancy, are ALL abortions. Using words properly is important, and shouldn't be dismissed as "semantics" as though it's a bad thing.

Once again, since you keep missing it, only 1.3% of women are having abortions after 20 weeks, and we don't KNOW how many are having therapeutic abortions, and how many "just waited".

MOST women DO have their abortions early. Do I need to post the stats again?
Ocean56

AOL

#304730 Jul 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
Do you really think you'd hear so much about this if it wasn't for those trying to take that equal right away, or restrict it so much that it can't BE accessed by many of those who may choose to do so?
Exactly, Bitner. If women can't get ACCESS to either contraception or abortion (if they choose it), they don't HAVE much choice, either to prevent pregnancy or terminate it.

The right-wing politicians like Perry in TX obviously don't WANT women to have good access to either contraception or abortion. Which is why they pass legislation that will shut down most, if not all, of the women's clinics in their states. Without access to contraceptive methods that simply PREVENT pregnancy, more women will have only TWO "choices," which are pregnancy or celibacy. Which is what the regressive Republicans have wanted all along.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#304731 Jul 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and if mom has,a real mental health issue ..Nit just I DECIDED A T 6 months,I don't want a baby ...
But a Tue life altering one .
First can't see how abortion will cure it
Second ...it woukd not magically show up after the 20 week cut off.
I'm saying as always .
Responsibility ...use contraception ...And if you have that CHOICE ..use it very early...
They can't do that ..And again NOT TALKING ABOUT EMERGENCY CONDITION
you can't show responsibility ...follow the guidelines. do it early ..than HAVE THE BABY . Give it for adoption .
You know my first pregnancy was a nightmare in many ways...But it was only 40 weeks,...out of a long life to nit be selfish ..make a sacrifice .
If you are he a light and go 20 weeks ..you can mske it the rest of the way and do right by your child ..Imo
Are we that helpless as women???
I had an extremely stressful, unplanned pregnancy as well. It was stressful emotionally and physically. I continued it. But I'm not arrogant enough to decide what every woman SHOULD do under all possible circumstances, some of which I can not imagine.

An option must be there for all health, not just life.

And rose, it's not a true sacrifice if one is forced to make it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#304732 Jul 13, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler: "A politician pushing an anti-choice agenda is not a scientist."
______
Oh contraire, bHitler. The individual speaking loudest on behalf of preborn babies & their pain is an admitted prochoicer and prenatal/neonatal pain expert Dr. Suny Anand (Director of the Pain Neurology Laboratory at Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute).
Dr. Anand's interest in the topic grew from his work as a pediatric critical care physician working w/ premature babies. He has testified before Congress as an expert witness re preborn baby pain.
He is not a politician. Where you dropped on your head as a child? You're stupid.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#304733 Jul 13, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's truly sociopathic is FORCING women to continue pregnancies they never wanted to begin with, and most likely used reliable contraception to try and PREVENT.
And pregnancy IS a punishment, to a woman who never wanted pregnancy or children in the first place.
Pregnancy is not a punishment.
A woman knows she can get pregnant.
Some women are forced by men.
Sex is only for marriage.
The baby has a right to live.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Realtime 1,419,092
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 min Hipocrit 20,505
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr God Damned Holy S... 61,042
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Fri Ize Found 70,952
Chris Powell Editor of the JI investigated for ... Aug 22 HCourantsub 1
News SEA CLIFF: Paramedic arrested on child harm cha... (Jun '08) Aug 21 Greg 55
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages