Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
285,561 - 285,580 of 305,396 Comments Last updated 13 hrs ago

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
There is too much tit for tat here, agree, Sue. Especially over imagined slights.
There has also been personal info that was shared, trusting that it wouldn't be made public. And it has come from BOTH sides.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing, Sue! I hope all is well with you.:o)
Thanks, she has just started this journey, Scary stuff.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be so proud of your daughter :)
Been reading more about this. It's an atrocity that needs as much attention it can get.
I am. Thanks.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree to disagree on the "abortion has become its banner" statement.
Personally, I think all feminists, myself included, simply want to see the legal right of a woman to CHOOSE abortion, should she not want to stay pregnant and give birth, to remain in place. What I strongly object to is the clear agenda of the anti-choice movement to take that right away from women by severely restricting access to abortion, and, regrettably, some forms of reliable contraception. That's what is going on in several states, including Texas, North Carolina, Wisconsin, North Dakota, Virginia, and Mississippi.
The war on women rages on, no matter how many times conservatives deny there is one.
Have to age e to disagree todisagreagain

Nit all of us who fought for women's equality were so called bra burners in the sixties.

We fought for equal pay..for better jobs ...fir acknowledgement in our respective fields of endeavor endeavoring getting as much education as non professionals could..started classes of our own ..git recognized...certified..made organizations that coukd get DEVs on a very local level..to better ourselves..And get respect from employers.

We welcomed the pill ..And other family planning tools.
And we raised our daughters to get a better lot in life than we had .

To bevokecactusl professionals who hired people who were now certified in their professions.

But once ROE became law all the politics went to abortion ..to the point where the freedom to kill one's own child is more important than guaranteeing education..

And it has split this country in two
Killing the offspring if a mother is NOT what a lot of us ..those women in non college jobs ..who fought for recognition and paid for our own knowledge FOUGHT FOR..IT was respect ..not to have the women's issues hijacked to abortion clinics...huge money maker

Birth control by your own statistics is NOT EVEN practiced in half the women who have abortion ..probably more.

This lack of responsibility leeches into all aspects of a woman's life.

We learned to take our responsibilities to ourselves seriously..

Limiting family was one facet..But that limit did NIT COME at the expense of another life.

It is a horrid message to pass on tonight daughters.

It's ok ..you can do what you want ..YOU ARE A WOMAN ..little matter the offspring she kills ..It's only a clump of cells.
And that message has made it alright ..to the tune of 800thousand abortions a year.

I keep hoping someday it Wiesbaden on these women..hey if mom hadn't found ME convenient..I would not be here..But so far it hasn't

The NEW WOMEN'S,MOVEMENT has done its job well..Receding the very concept of life ..aided by politicians wanting that LIB vote..

I have resigned ..turned in my card ...Nit for any movement that throws away life so easily ..for a practice that should be so rare by now ..with all the methods we have to prevent the pregnancy in the first place .

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
There has also been personal info that was shared, trusting that it wouldn't be made public. And it has come from BOTH sides.
That's what "tit for tat" MEANS, Sue. She was agreeing with you that it comes from both side.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to age e to disagree todisagreagain
Nit all of us who fought for women's equality were so called bra burners in the sixties.
We fought for equal pay..for better jobs ...fir acknowledgement in our respective fields of endeavor endeavoring getting as much education as non professionals could..started classes of our own ..git recognized...certified..made organizations that coukd get DEVs on a very local level..to better ourselves..And get respect from employers.
We welcomed the pill ..And other family planning tools.
And we raised our daughters to get a better lot in life than we had .
To bevokecactusl professionals who hired people who were now certified in their professions.
But once ROE became law all the politics went to abortion ..to the point where the freedom to kill one's own child is more important than guaranteeing education..
And it has split this country in two
Killing the offspring if a mother is NOT what a lot of us ..those women in non college jobs ..who fought for recognition and paid for our own knowledge FOUGHT FOR..IT was respect ..not to have the women's issues hijacked to abortion clinics...huge money maker
Birth control by your own statistics is NOT EVEN practiced in half the women who have abortion ..probably more.
This lack of responsibility leeches into all aspects of a woman's life.
We learned to take our responsibilities to ourselves seriously..
Limiting family was one facet..But that limit did NIT COME at the expense of another life.
It is a horrid message to pass on tonight daughters.
It's ok ..you can do what you want ..YOU ARE A WOMAN ..little matter the offspring she kills ..It's only a clump of cells.
And that message has made it alright ..to the tune of 800thousand abortions a year.
I keep hoping someday it Wiesbaden on these women..hey if mom hadn't found ME convenient..I would not be here..But so far it hasn't
The NEW WOMEN'S,MOVEMENT has done its job well..Receding the very concept of life ..aided by politicians wanting that LIB vote..
I have resigned ..turned in my card ...Nit for any movement that throws away life so easily ..for a practice that should be so rare by now ..with all the methods we have to prevent the pregnancy in the first place .
I disagree. Reproductive rights are part of the fight for equality, not it's "banner". You just hear about it more, because it's controversial.

As for the 60s, the methods may have been different between groups (the shock value of bra burning, for example), but the goal was the same...equality.

As my grandmother used to say, if we were all the same, they'd only make green paint.
stripper name

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>You are very naive. You believe everything someone tells you like Ladi and foo.
Why do you have a stripper name? Are you a stripper for Jesus? Do you touch yourself in your privates and pretend it's the hand of Jesus? When you strip do you imagine Jesus is out in the audience? Do you give your priest private lap dances?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. Reproductive rights are part of the fight for equality, not it's "banner". You just hear about it more, because it's controversial.
As for the 60s, the methods may have been different between groups (the shock value of bra burning, for example), but the goal was the same...equality.
As my grandmother used to say, if we were all the same, they'd only make green paint.
Yup ..what a waste..burning good clothing .Lol

But as I say the abortion movement has eclipsed everything else. To the point most people cannot talk without agitation ..Or in some cases,screaming protests

And politicians on both sides ..use this ..instead of trying to make a better country.

Where has the outrage over the debt gone...it is humongous compared to what Bush had ...

And our grand kids will pay dearly .

Oh well No one listens to people my age ..But I still vite..useless as it is in my county.

If no Roe...We would have stayed focused ..had mire responsibility fir
Ourselves using either smarter sex ..No sex without a life partner...OR
CONTRACEPTION. or call three.

Life has become expendable. Because life in the womb is...And we did NOT Used to feel that way.

I know we cannot undo it sadly ..But I wish we had s rated focused on

Family planning ..not killing preview babies...
stripper name

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>Go back to her previous posts in years past, you will find out differently, open your eyes.
You and Sassy are having a lesbian relationship and that goes against God. Every time you and Sassy get naked together and 69 together you make God weep!
stripper name

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>Go back to her previous posts in years past, you will find out differently, open your eyes.
Every time you bring another child to sacrifice to your pedophile priest you guarentee yourself a place in hell.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup ..what a waste..burning good clothing .Lol
But as I say the abortion movement has eclipsed everything else. To the point most people cannot talk without agitation ..Or in some cases,screaming protests
And politicians on both sides ..use this ..instead of trying to make a better country.
Where has the outrage over the debt gone...it is humongous compared to what Bush had ...
And our grand kids will pay dearly .
Oh well No one listens to people my age ..But I still vite..useless as it is in my county.
If no Roe...We would have stayed focused ..had mire responsibility fir
Ourselves using either smarter sex ..No sex without a life partner...OR
CONTRACEPTION. or call three.
Life has become expendable. Because life in the womb is...And we did NOT Used to feel that way.
I know we cannot undo it sadly ..But I wish we had s rated focused on
Family planning ..not killing preview babies...
It has not eclipsed everything else. The fight for equality continues. Again, you just hear about it more, and that is the fault of those who are working against equal rights in that area.

And no, a woman cannot have equality until she is free to make all of her own medical decisions. Just like she cannot have equality until she makes as much money for doing the same job as a man. Just like she cannot have equality until she has equal access to education as a man. It's all part and parcel of the fight for equality. It's all important.

Rose, now you are being na´ve. Life has always been expendable to humanity. Always. How can you look at the history of war and slavery and pretend it hasn't? Every soldier is/has been considered expendable to the gov'ts that send them to war. RvW added nothing to that.

Abortion has always been around, and used. It was mostly herbal, aside from the objects inserted into the vagina. What has changed throughout history is the fact that it went from being considered no one's business what a woman did with her own pregnancy, to others thinking they had the right to tell her what she can and cannot do. RvW merely put the decision, as much as possible, back into the hands it belongs in, the woman who is the one gestating, and facing possible risks to life and health.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth, and I may be wrong, perhaps the big difference between the feminist fight for rights in the 60's and today is that back then, reproductive issues were not at the forefront simply because it was felt that those were "womens issues" and the government was not going buck wild like they are today over it. In the last few years, there have been so many attempted bills at regulating abortion, because they know they can't outright ban it, and some politicians are trying to include contraception as well, which is why we see more women stepping up to defend those issues today as opposed to the 60's.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It has not eclipsed everything else. The fight for equality continues. Again, you just hear about it more, and that is the fault of those who are working against equal rights in that area.
And no, a woman cannot have equality until she is free to make all of her own medical decisions. Just like she cannot have equality until she makes as much money for doing the same job as a man. Just like she cannot have equality until she has equal access to education as a man. It's all part and parcel of the fight for equality. It's all important.
Rose, now you are being na´ve. Life has always been expendable to humanity. Always. How can you look at the history of war and slavery and pretend it hasn't? Every soldier is/has been considered expendable to the gov'ts that send them to war. RvW added nothing to that.
Abortion has always been around, and used. It was mostly herbal, aside from the objects inserted into the vagina. What has changed throughout history is the fact that it went from being considered no one's business what a woman did with her own pregnancy, to others thinking they had the right to tell her what she can and cannot do. RvW merely put the decision, as much as possible, back into the hands it belongs in, the woman who is the one gestating, and facing possible risks to life and health.
But Bitner.

Equality at the expense of 50 million newborn lives ???

What are we.

The other things,you cited are a horrid legacy.

But supposedly ..well we used to say..if women ran things THERE EOUKD BE NO KILLING. WARS. ETC

WHAT have we women become!!! AT A WHAT PRICE to our own offspring ..

When with using responsible tools that number coukd have been so much lower.

We are no better than the warring men we used to put down.

Death for different goals ..

And so unnecessary

It's sad

Not what I thought we women should fight for.

Imo

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

CORRECTION

50 million PRE born lives

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Oops sorry too many

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
But Bitner.
Equality at the expense of 50 million newborn lives ???
What are we.
The other things,you cited are a horrid legacy.
But supposedly ..well we used to say..if women ran things THERE EOUKD BE NO KILLING. WARS. ETC
WHAT have we women become!!! AT A WHAT PRICE to our own offspring ..
When with using responsible tools that number coukd have been so much lower.
We are no better than the warring men we used to put down.
Death for different goals ..
And so unnecessary
It's sad
Not what I thought we women should fight for.
Imo
My point was that equality is the goal, and that RvW has not done anything that wasn't already there, except allow women to make their own medical decisions.

If you wanted to believe women were superior, that's on you.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
CORRECTION
50 million PRE born lives
1 in 4 pregnancies do not make it to term. Let's us not pretend that every pregnancy conceived is guaranteed to live.

I dont know where you're getting your 50 million number, but How about focusing on those born? Every day, approximately 18,000 children die from hunger and undernutrition. In 2008, 9 million BORN children died because of hunger and malnutrition.

Let us not pretend that the "pro life" movement cares or blinks an eye about "innocent" children dying.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth, and I may be wrong, perhaps the big difference between the feminist fight for rights in the 60's and today is that back then, reproductive issues were not at the forefront simply because it was felt that those were "womens issues" and the government was not going buck wild like they are today over it. In the last few years, there have been so many attempted bills at regulating abortion, because they know they can't outright ban it, and some politicians are trying to include contraception as well, which is why we see more women stepping up to defend those issues today as opposed to the 60's.
Michelle is a diehard proabort.

Lapsed Catholic.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
1 in 4 pregnancies do not make it to term. Let's us not pretend that every pregnancy conceived is guaranteed to live.
I dont know where you're getting your 50 million number, but How about focusing on those born? Every day, approximately 18,000 children die from hunger and undernutrition. In 2008, 9 million BORN children died because of hunger and malnutrition.
Let us not pretend that the "pro life" movement cares or blinks an eye about "innocent" children dying.
Natural death vr. intentional killing.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that equality is the goal, and that RvW has not done anything that wasn't already there, except allow women to make their own medical decisions.
If you wanted to believe women were superior, that's on you.
bHitler: "RvW has not done anything that wasn't already there, except allow women to make their own medical decisions."

2,000 baby females being executed in U.S. abortuaries TODAY.

Feminist my azz.

Women weren't created to take the lives of their children, but to give life. You're becoming less like yourselves when KILLING your babies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Wethersfield News, Events & Info