Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311604 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#304589 Jul 11, 2013
Huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>You are very naive. You believe everything someone tells you like Ladi and foo.
LMAO!!! Funny stuff coming from a sheep who believes everything she's spoonfed from the pulpits.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#304591 Jul 11, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! Funny stuff coming from a sheep who believes everything she's spoonfed from the pulpits.
A sheep?? Really ..how can you possibly say such a thing to a new poster ...how can we know???

:)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#304592 Jul 11, 2013
You did, and I appreciate it.
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Cptr, agree. In my experience losing a child over losing a fetus involves two very different grieving processes. One is centered around a real person who is forever lost to this world, the other is more centered around self; hopes and dreams of a potential that was not realized.
It is not worth arguing or one-upping, imo, because it is very personal and individual.
Which brings it full circle to women deciding to gestate or terminate their unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies.
But to make a blanket statement applicable to all pregnant women and then try to remove civil rights because one experienced a miscarriage is just not a healthy coping strategy. jmo of course.
(think I've offered condolences prior and hope you remember)

Indianapolis

#304593 Jul 11, 2013
I was replying to this:" Of course the surgical procedure that results in the death of a gestating human is way different then a natural miscarriage. " THE procedure--not the variety of procedures.

Twit.
Pete Not Bright wrote:
<quoted text>
No where did I see him say they were. Just that the two are different. and they are, twit.

Indianapolis

#304594 Jul 11, 2013
But another tenet of objectivism is that we are all responsible for ourselves and those we accept responsibility for. A fetus cannot be responsible for itself, and its existence is decided by whether the woman decides to take that responsibility; she must take responsibility for her own life as well.

Of course, it's only meaningful if you follow ayn rand, which is virtually impossible in a cohesive society.
Madam Kindle wrote:
Anyone else ever see this
We are not alone
http://www.l4l.org/library/fain.html

Indianapolis

#304596 Jul 11, 2013
You can expect a child, but you never expect the spanish inquisition.
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
You did. I'm not sure why Sue did not. Society often calls pregnant women "expecting".
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/expecting
From the link:
1. To look forward to the birth of one's child. Used in progressive tenses: His sister is expecting in May.
2. To be pregnant. Used in progressive tenses: My wife is expecting again.
It seems straight forward to me.

Location hidden

#304597 Jul 11, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
But another tenet of objectivism is that we are all responsible for ourselves and those we accept responsibility for. A fetus cannot be responsible for itself, and its existence is decided by whether the woman decides to take that responsibility; she must take responsibility for her own life as well.
Of course, it's only meaningful if you follow ayn rand, which is virtually impossible in a cohesive society.
<quoted text>
I did not say I agreed with the atheists on there ..just that a pro life
People evidently are not religious

And Ayn Rand ..for the era,she wrote in ..minus,the disappearance part..on the government we now have...strangely prophetic .

Haven't read ATLAS SHRUGGED in decades...But the concept stuck with me .
Striving..working to be the best you can..
Not a,bad concept for a great country.

Indianapolis

#304598 Jul 11, 2013
Let's face it, some people suck...and not in a good way.
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Or knowingly ..Or they get treatment for other things won't help prote tthe women they are done with...It's disgraceful
I was married and got myself tested like 20 years ago because of the time lag on symptoms. But MAINLY because a,local dentist ..not mine.
Had given it to his patients..I had had a lit of dental work .
Thank God it had not gotten me.
But if this day and age ..I was sexually active would definitely get tested .
My young friend was dating an HIV positive man...And not using proper protection...thank God. She got tested ..And dumped him
He. Was bisexual. And not at all monogamous.
And a total creep to her..lost an eye from one of his lovers who had aBB gun
My friend took him to surgery..stayed by His side..
Then he moved in with her best friend who had a nice apartment.

Indianapolis

#304600 Jul 11, 2013
It would take me about 5 minutes to rip out the batteries and find someone to give that to. And damn RIGHT polly would not be chirping all night. I have a hammer.

Of course, I have two cats, so I figure it would not last long anyway.
Madam Kindle wrote:
OK
ALL OFF TOPIC
JUST saw something on tv ..Lol. have to share
I have seen tv commercials but this lol
Any one have fifteen bucks,lol
https://www.perfectpollypet.com/...

Location hidden

#304601 Jul 11, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
It would take me about 5 minutes to rip out the batteries and find someone to give that to. And damn RIGHT polly would not be chirping all night. I have a hammer.
Of course, I have two cats, so I figure it would not last long anyway.
<quoted text>
In the ridiculous commercial. It has an off switch .

I cannot believe anyone sane woukd waste the money ..lol

Location hidden

#304602 Jul 11, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Let's face it, some people suck...and not in a good way.
<quoted text>
Exactly ..this guy was into his looks ..now only has one eye ..patch maybe ..who knows..hope he stays away from her.

She is dear to me but many problems ...

Indianapolis

#304603 Jul 11, 2013
I used to have all her books, including "the necessity of atheism". Objectivism has some good points, but like most philosophies and religions, just isn't practical when strictly adhered to.
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say I agreed with the atheists on there ..just that a pro life
People evidently are not religious
And Ayn Rand ..for the era,she wrote in ..minus,the disappearance part..on the government we now have...strangely prophetic .
Haven't read ATLAS SHRUGGED in decades...But the concept stuck with me .
Striving..working to be the best you can..
Not a,bad concept for a great country.

Indianapolis

#304604 Jul 11, 2013
Unfortunately, you can't just slap people and fix them.
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly ..this guy was into his looks ..now only has one eye ..patch maybe ..who knows..hope he stays away from her.
She is dear to me but many problems ...
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304605 Jul 11, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
In the ridiculous commercial. It has an off switch .
I cannot believe anyone sane woukd waste the money ..lol
Around here, people use similar critters as sensors; to know if someone is prowling nearby. These are seen a lot in apartment complexes. Have seen frogs that ribbit when you walk by and heard an owl that hoots when you are near. It's actually unobtrusive and looks decorative, but the sound alerts you to someone being nearby.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#304607 Jul 11, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes it's just too bad you can't...

Location hidden

#304613 Jul 11, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
A,user is a user ..Will always use..this girl could not afford gas but drove him 30 miles for his,surgery ..waited for Him to have it. Stayed there ..drive him back for follow ups and wIred hours in a parking lot.

2 weeks,later he moved in with her friend ...who has hew,own apartment ..

Last J heard he wound up in Key west in jail..the dad bailed out his daughter who was with Him..left him ..He git out and found a guy to live with .

Meanwhile lol back at the ranch ..He did not show up for the trail if the guy who maimed him..

He has been trying to get on disability before this ..his main job is notching and having unprotected sex..

Hope he stays in Key West .

Location hidden

#304614 Jul 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Around here, people use similar critters as sensors; to know if someone is prowling nearby. These are seen a lot in apartment complexes. Have seen frogs that ribbit when you walk by and heard an owl that hoots when you are near. It's actually unobtrusive and looks decorative, but the sound alerts you to someone being nearby.
Ok. Lol I only watched with half an eye ..thought you made them chirp lol...ok I see it might work

We have outside lights that only go on when you come near the house ..

It woukd be hard to have that parakeet in my house if it was,sensor..have 2cats and a dog..all rescues...

Location hidden

#304615 Jul 11, 2013
Gnite all
Ocean56

AOL

#304616 Jul 12, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
But sadly the original lib movement centered on equal pay and birth control ...both of which ..including PP I supported.
Now sadly Abortion has become its banner.
If we don't agree we are anti feminist ..And that is just NOT true for many of us..especially us women who grew up in the sixties!!!
I have to agree to disagree on the "abortion has become its banner" statement.

Personally, I think all feminists, myself included, simply want to see the legal right of a woman to CHOOSE abortion, should she not want to stay pregnant and give birth, to remain in place. What I strongly object to is the clear agenda of the anti-choice movement to take that right away from women by severely restricting access to abortion, and, regrettably, some forms of reliable contraception. That's what is going on in several states, including Texas, North Carolina, Wisconsin, North Dakota, Virginia, and Mississippi.

The war on women rages on, no matter how many times conservatives deny there is one.
Ocean56

AOL

#304617 Jul 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
Outlawing women killing their babies in their wombs is punishment?
That's a socipathic-like statement.
What's truly sociopathic is FORCING women to continue pregnancies they never wanted to begin with, and most likely used reliable contraception to try and PREVENT.

And pregnancy IS a punishment, to a woman who never wanted pregnancy or children in the first place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,417,626
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 57 min Ize Found 70,939
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr annie puzzo 20,482
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Heretic 61,014
Chris Powell Editor of the JI investigated for ... Aug 22 HCourantsub 1
News SEA CLIFF: Paramedic arrested on child harm cha... (Jun '08) Aug 21 Greg 55
News Gay Marriage (Mar '09) Aug 20 newsb 482

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages