Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#302686 Jun 30, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You failed.
Again.
ROFLMAO You wish.

Again.

Hell, you're even a failure at wishing.

LOL!!
Gtown71

United States

#302687 Jun 30, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>It's your story to enjoy, Rose.
Makes no sense whatever to me, but enjoy it in good health.
I must disagree. It isn't just her story, but a true story, that belongs to all of us. I to used to think it made no sense whatsoever. Geuss what? It still doesn't make any sense whatsoever.:)

Faith comes by hearing the word / words of God.

After I met this awsome God, and He changed my entire "core" belief system.

Still wishing you and others the very best.

Oh, and I still miss elise.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#302688 Jun 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what you're babbling about, but SCOTUS didn't do any such thing with shooting down DOMA. It simply gave gays and lesbians who marry the same federal rights as everyone else.
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO Bullshit. You've been wrong every time before on this issue, and you're going to be wrong now. Guaranteed. Yours will be one of the next states to pass gay marriage. It MAY become a test case, but it will fail, just like your kind ALWAYS fail.
<quoted text>
No she didn't. SHe made NO comparison to their shooting down DOMA and RvW. None. LOL You're so pahetic No Relevance, but keep on trying son!
<quoted text>
They dont like it? Just another TOUGH SHIT moment for your kind. Your kind doesn't get to vote on stipping others civil rights, and THAT is what SCOTUS said in a nutshell.
<quoted text>
Pssst.....stupid..... WE are "THE PEOPLE" too, and your kind dont get to vote on the civil rights of others. Dont like it? DO the ONLY thing you're EVER gonig to do about it - bitch like a little girl on a message board.
<quoted text> LOLOLOL!! Hold your breath while you wait for that No Relevance, you poor little impotent boob.
NR: Gay agenda is laying the foundation to overturn Roe v. Wade & send it to the states to decide. Justice Ginsburg herself made this assessment.

Foo.L: No she didn't. SHe made NO comparison to their shooting down DOMA and RvW. None. LOL You're so pahetic No Relevance, but keep on trying son!
_________

She did when making comparison to California H8 case. Nice try, tho.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#302689 Jun 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what you're babbling about, but SCOTUS didn't do any such thing with shooting down DOMA. It simply gave gays and lesbians who marry the same federal rights as everyone else.
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO Bullshit. You've been wrong every time before on this issue, and you're going to be wrong now. Guaranteed. Yours will be one of the next states to pass gay marriage. It MAY become a test case, but it will fail, just like your kind ALWAYS fail.
<quoted text>
No she didn't. SHe made NO comparison to their shooting down DOMA and RvW. None. LOL You're so pahetic No Relevance, but keep on trying son!
<quoted text>
They dont like it? Just another TOUGH SHIT moment for your kind. Your kind doesn't get to vote on stipping others civil rights, and THAT is what SCOTUS said in a nutshell.
<quoted text>
Pssst.....stupid..... WE are "THE PEOPLE" too, and your kind dont get to vote on the civil rights of others. Dont like it? DO the ONLY thing you're EVER gonig to do about it - bitch like a little girl on a message board.
<quoted text> LOLOLOL!! Hold your breath while you wait for that No Relevance, you poor little impotent boob.
According to Ginsburg, Roe "moved too far, too fast."

"In Justice Ginsburg’s account, set out in public remarks and law review articles, the broad ruling in the abortion case froze activity in state legislatures, created venomous polarization and damaged the authority of the court.

"'The Supreme Court’s decision was a perfect rallying point for people who disagreed with the notion that it should be a woman’s choice,' she added.'They could, instead of fighting in the trenches legislature by legislature, go after this decision by unelected judges.'

That general view is widely accepted across the political spectrum, and it might counsel caution at a moment when same-sex marriage is allowed in nine states and the District of Columbia and seems likely, judging from polls, to make further gains around the nation.

'Intervening at this stage of a social reform movement would be somewhat analogous to Roe v. Wade, where the court essentially took the laws deregulating abortion in four states and turned them into a constitutional command for the other 46,' Michael J. Klarman, a law professor at Harvard."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/24/us/roes-sha...

----------

Roe "moved too far, too fast." - Justice Ginsburg

#SSM issue at SCOTUS has citizens (including a liberal justice) recognizing how Roe v. Wade decision was flawed.

THANKS GAYS!
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#302690 Jun 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO You wish.
Again.
Hell, you're even a failure at wishing.
LOL!!
You pulled another Ariel Richards.

You shot off your mouth, and then couldn't back up your lies when called out.

You're a mess.

Location hidden

#302693 Jun 30, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey FooFoo: "It simply gave gays and lesbians who marry the same federal rights as everyone else"
In the few states where #SSM is legal.
LOL Not so few anymore son, with more and more coming.

Inside a decade, it wont even be an issue - it will be established law nationwide.

Sucks to be you.
FooManSpew: "(Californians) dont like (having their voice honored re #SSM)? Just another TOUGH SHIT moment for your kind.
Like I said, push-back will be hell. Ya'll overreached.
And like I said, sucks to be your kind. You've been LEGALLY rendered meaningless.

About time too! LOL
Deathscort Foo: "Your kind dont get to vote on the civil rights of others."
SCOTUS did NOT declare marraige a civil right.
They did in California.

California's Supreme Court struck down the state's ban on same-sex marriage in May 2008, ruling that the state's constitution gives "this basic civil right to (marry to) all Californians, whether gay or heterosexual, and to same-sex couples as well as to opposite-sex couples."

SCOTUS agreed.

Thus, your kind lost. AGAIN. LOL!

You give a WHOLE new meaning to LOSER No Relevance! <<<smoochies> >>
That's why #SSM is not legal in 37 states.
No, its not legal in 36 (not 37) states - tho many of those states DO allow domestic partnership, SSM is next.

By the end of the year, we'll see many more states pass gay marriage laws. FACT.

Just sayin.
That's also why DOMA's continues to allow states to refuse to recognize same-sex marriages performed under the laws of other states.
Pssssst...maybe you missed the memo stupid - DOMA is no more.

And no, other states can ONLY not recognize the marriages of other states AS IT PERTAINS TO THE LAWS OF THAT STATE. Federally, its going to be recognized in all states - ie: federal taxes, federal employment, federal discrimination, insurance, survivorship etc...

You're kind are a thankfully dying breed son. And your eulogy will be the sound of millions of gays and lesbians pissing on your graves. LOL!

Location hidden

#302694 Jun 30, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
NR: Gay agenda is laying the foundation to overturn Roe v. Wade & send it to the states to decide. Justice Ginsburg herself made this assessment.
Foo.L: No she didn't. SHe made NO comparison to their shooting down DOMA and RvW. None. LOL You're so pahetic No Relevance, but keep on trying son!
_________
She did when making comparison to California H8 case. Nice try, tho.
Bullshit.

She's made NO public comments regarding DOMA OR the H8 case since the ruling was handed down.

In FACT, the ONLY comparison she made was when discussing Roe and gay marriage, as it pertains to the "culture war's.

She said:“It’s not that the judgment was wrong, but it moved too far, too fast,” and she said that LAST YEAR at a speech she did at Columbia Law School.

She hasnt made ANY public statments regarding the two decisions from last week at all.

Location hidden

#302695 Jun 30, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Ginsburg, Roe "moved too far, too fast."
Thats OLD news son. SHe's been saying that about Roe for years, and many, including myself, agree with her.

Your claim was that she made the "assessment" that the "Gay agenda is laying the foundation to overturn R v W."

She made NO such assessment, comments OR statements comparing the two. You simply lied.

Again.

You poor, stupid POS. LOL!

Location hidden

#302696 Jun 30, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>So, you are calling a preborn baby a child. So admitting a preborn baby is a child is a good thing, foo.
No, I"m calling No Relevance a moron. Learn to read idiot.

Location hidden

#302697 Jun 30, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>foo posted a preborn baby IS a child
No I didn't. Stop lying Kuntbar.

I was commenting on No Relevences pedo tendancies to pretend to be babies.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#302698 Jun 30, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Why good afternoon "Madame!"
That was certainly a "heartfelt" post, and not out of touch with the book/film I'd referenced.
To do those justice, I'll snip a piece of the late Roger Ebert's review, and link to the full review--you may want to get "Rose" up to read it as I'm sure she'll find it fascinating too!
"Christianity teaches that Jesus was both God and man. That he could be both at once is the central mystery of the Christian faith, and the subject of "The Last Temptation of Christ." To be fully man, Jesus would have had to possess all of the weakness of man, to be prey to all of the temptations--for as man, he would have possessed God's most troublesome gift, free will. As the son of God, he would of course have inspired the most desperate wiles of Satan, and this is a film about how he experienced temptation and conquered it."
I doubt that I could have said that any better!
Here's his full review of the film--I recommend both the book and film...
http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-last-te...
I know..He was surely a target..But once the temptation in the desert was done...

Thou shalt not tempt the Lord .as He said.

His window if being ALLOWED ..was basically over...even in our OT..Satan's tempting of Job could only go as far as GOD allowed.

The Garden temptation..was at the end...not sure if that was Satan ..despite that other movie.

Jesus knew what was ahead ...Satan ..not knowing ..as he is not GOD..May have been working on the people who wanted Him dead..to try to rid of Him ..

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#302699 Jun 30, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
I know..He was surely a target..But once the temptation in the desert was done...
Thou shalt not tempt the Lord .as He said.
His window if being ALLOWED ..was basically over...even in our OT..Satan's tempting of Job could only go as far as GOD allowed.
The Garden temptation..was at the end...not sure if that was Satan ..despite that other movie.
Jesus knew what was ahead ...Satan ..not knowing ..as he is not GOD..May have been working on the people who wanted Him dead..to try to rid of Him ..
Are all "temptations" the wiles of Satan?
Are some of those not our own wish for something else--after all, we're "only human." :)
That said, with regards to your "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord," does Satan possess Free Will? If he does, and God is omniscient, doesn't God already "know" what temptations Satan will display?
More interestingly, if Satan were possessed of Free Will, suppose he were to repent.
Would God forgive him?
There's an interesting "sufi" take I believe, on the whole God/Satan theme that Joseph Campbell covers in his "The Power of Myth" series wherein Lucifer is cast out not because of Pride, but because when God unveils his "greatest" creation, Man, Lucifer refuses to bow down before Man. The reason for this is because Lucifer so loved God, that he could not bring himself to bow down before any other than God. For his refusal to do so, he was cast out and it's because of this "unrequited love" that Satan rages against God so.
As for the book of Job, it's my favorite book of the Bible, and it's also the one where I can't see God as anything other than a sadist.
God sets forth the parameters, God allows Satan to throw practically everything against Job, destroying all that Job has and all that he loves in the process and, all the while, with his omniscience, knowing full-well that Job will never "curse him to his face."
IMO, this book makes God look worse than Satan--who's only allowed to tempt, deceive, destroy, with God's permission...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#302700 Jun 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I must disagree. It isn't just her story, but a true story, that belongs to all of us. I to used to think it made no sense whatsoever. Geuss what? It still doesn't make any sense whatsoever.:)
Have fun with that. In order for me to believe something, it has to at least make sense to me. Otherwise, no thanks.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith comes by hearing the word / words of God.
After I met this awsome God, and He changed my entire "core" belief system.
Still wishing you and others the very best.
Erm, well, thanks, all the best to you too...still not interested in adopting your belief system though.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and I still miss elise.
She's around. Just not on this thread very often. I think she has better things to do with her time these days.

Wish I could say the same.
rosesz

Gainesville, FL

#302701 Jun 30, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Why good afternoon "Madame!"
That was certainly a "heartfelt" post, and not out of touch with the book/film I'd referenced.
To do those justice, I'll snip a piece of the late Roger Ebert's review, and link to the full review--you may want to get "Rose" up to read it as I'm sure she'll find it fascinating too!
"Christianity teaches that Jesus was both God and man. That he could be both at once is the central mystery of the Christian faith, and the subject of "The Last Temptation of Christ." To be fully man, Jesus would have had to possess all of the weakness of man, to be prey to all of the temptations--for as man, he would have possessed God's most troublesome gift, free will. As the son of God, he would of course have inspired the most desperate wiles of Satan, and this is a film about how he experienced temptation and conquered it."
I doubt that I could have said that any better!
Here's his full review of the film--I recommend both the book and film...
http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-last-te...
Thing is though I admit to not seeing it..from what I heard about He almost or yes having a fling with Magdala..that would mair Him sinful..the sexton part was great Hollywood I sm sure.

He was NOT sinful or else
He could not be the sacrifice..Satan n tempted Him with bread..and power. SAying He would make. HIM king..

Again once Jesus said Get behind me..Satan could not do a thing ..to HIM...He sure messed with the heads of the High priest ..and the money changers. And Judas and Pilate...he wanted Him gone ..with no influence.

Killing Him seemed s great idea..I'm sure ..but it took a lot of his power away ..

He messed with everything he coukd over the centuries so that's the promise to Him as the serpent would not br fulfilled.

Anyway those are. My best answers to your question..

Location hidden

#302702 Jun 30, 2013
Hey No Relevance - another TOUGH SHIT moment for your kind - BREAKING NEWS:

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/06/30/2237...

"Once again, opponents of marriage equality have failed to prevent the freedom to marry in California."

Justice Kennedy Denies Emergency Challenge To Marriage Equality In California

Your kind are idiots. LOL!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#302703 Jun 30, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is though I admit to not seeing it..from what I heard about He almost or yes having a fling with Magdala..that would mair Him sinful..the sexton part was great Hollywood I sm sure.
He was NOT sinful or else
He could not be the sacrifice..Satan n tempted Him with bread..and power. SAying He would make. HIM king..
Again once Jesus said Get behind me..Satan could not do a thing ..to HIM...He sure messed with the heads of the High priest ..and the money changers. And Judas and Pilate...he wanted Him gone ..with no influence.
Killing Him seemed s great idea..I'm sure ..but it took a lot of his power away ..
He messed with everything he coukd over the centuries so that's the promise to Him as the serpent would not br fulfilled.
Anyway those are. My best answers to your question..
You seem to feel as though I'm asking you to question your faith.
I'm not. Nor was the book or film I've recommended.
If anything, the book and film ought to be an affirmation of your faith.
If Jesus was fully human, then it's impossible for him to have not sinned--or at least been guilty of "sinful thoughts."
To have a perfect "sacrifice" would mean that he wasn't really human--he was "removed" from humanity by his Divinity and, therefore, not the "required" sacrifice.
To be fully conscious of all that he would not have, of all that he would never experience, to lament that and STILL mount the cross because the redemption of humanity was so much more important is precisely WHY his sacrifice was as important as it was.
This is what Kazantzakis and Scorsese were trying to highlight in their respective tellings of this tale.
No, Jesus does not have a "fling" with Mary Magdalene, during his weakest moments on the cross, Satan shows him the life he could have had, wherein he marries Magdalen, then loses her, marries Mary "and" Martha(the sisters of Lazarus,)--why this part doesn't get more scrutiny I'll never know--has children, grows old, then on his deathbed, is berated by his aged apostles for having "wandered from the Path..."
The book, and film, state at the outset that they're nothing more than speculation--fiction.
However, as I've said before, they're both worth reading, and watching...
rosesz

Gainesville, FL

#302705 Jun 30, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Are all "temptations" the wiles of Satan?
Are some of those not our own wish for something else--after all, we're "only human." :)
That said, with regards to your "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord," does Satan possess Free Will? If he does, and God is omniscient, doesn't God already "know" what temptations Satan will display?
More interestingly, if Satan were possessed of Free Will, suppose he were to repent.
Would God forgive him?
There's an interesting "sufi" take I believe, on the whole God/Satan theme that Joseph Campbell covers in his "The Power of Myth" series wherein Lucifer is cast out not because of Pride, but because when God unveils his "greatest" creation, Man, Lucifer refuses to bow down before Man. The reason for this is because Lucifer so loved God, that he could not bring himself to bow down before any other than God. For his refusal to do so, he was cast out and it's because of this "unrequited love" that Satan rages against God so.
As for the book of Job, it's my favorite book of the Bible, and it's also the one where I can't see God as anything other than a sadist.
God sets forth the parameters, God allows Satan to throw practically everything against Job, destroying all that Job has and all that he loves in the process and, all the while, with his omniscience, knowing full-well that Job will never "curse him to his face."
IMO, this book makes God look worse than Satan--who's only allowed to tempt, deceive, destroy, with God's permission...
I think in Job ..God is proving a point yo Satan..nit Job ..but I don't like it either ..but then I'm not God.

Some temptation may fond from us fir sure..Jesus human and divine was here for a reason ..
Not yo have sec with Magdala..that would mean He would be responsible for her sin as well as His.

He was fully human. But also fully divine.
Got yo go. Dinner with family
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#302706 Jun 30, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>When one belongs to a Diocese,we follow the priest, the priest follows the Dean,the Msgr the head is a Bishop, above the Bishop is an ArchBishop then Cardinal, then Pope, then guess who..... Christ. The Pope follows Christ's teachings and makes sure the Cardinals, Bishops tell their flock. Abortion is very wrong and against God.
Spontaneous abortion is carried out each day by your God. You just said God is against God, piggy peggy.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#302708 Jun 30, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think in Job ..God is proving a point yo Satan..nit Job ..but I don't like it either ..but then I'm not God.
Some temptation may fond from us fir sure..Jesus human and divine was here for a reason ..
Not yo have sec with Magdala..that would mean He would be responsible for her sin as well as His.
He was fully human. But also fully divine.
Got yo go. Dinner with family
How can sex be a sin, if we're to 'go forth and multiply'.....one more contradiction, in a long, long line of them....

Christianity is contentious, impossible, and silly.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#302710 Jun 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
Hey No Relevance - another TOUGH SHIT moment for your kind - BREAKING NEWS:
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/06/30/2237...
"Once again, opponents of marriage equality have failed to prevent the freedom to marry in California."
Justice Kennedy Denies Emergency Challenge To Marriage Equality In California
Your kind are idiots. LOL!
Justice Kennedy & 3 liberal judges voted to keep #SSM a state matter. Ergo, you are incorrect in saying SCOTUS declaired marraige a "civil right."

Tough Shit moment for you, dear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Mothra 53,039
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min leosnana 1,224,059
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ratloder 69,799
Amazing Child educational DIY materials kit 7 hr Vinvin 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Chuck 19,892
TS Tiffany Lord HIV POSITIVE.Beware! Sun manny 2
justin c. freeman attorney hartford, ct is a sh... Sun weatherfieldguy112 1
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]