Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314367 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#302547 Jun 28, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus Christ died for our sins. He saved us already. We have free ticket to heaven...not by our own merits but his blood shed.
Let's keep in mind though that we can, by our free will, throw that ticket out. The word of God is quite clear about what sins left unrepentant will deny us entrance and egernity with him.
I disagree, on a couple of your points, but would like to see bible verses on them.
Jesus came, born if a vugin, died for the sins of the world, rose the third day, which is the whole gospel.

I believe folks who have accepted this in their heart, are saved. No man "including the one saved "can change that.

Many haven't accepted that Free "to us " gift, and remain lost.

One of the greatest things I was saved from, was myself. Yet again most don't agree with me on this.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#302548 Jun 28, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears you missed my question. Here it is again:
NR to Madam:
Here is another quote from your kind.....empathetic?.....not empathetic?.....Hmmmmm?....... ..
"No, I don't think calling fetuses in general "a useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone." - Katie
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833 ...
________
Please answer the question.
TIA.
Let's,see..does Madame feel like answering someone who was so pompous yesterday to me

Hmmmm
No.

I already told you how I feel about the babies in the womb..They are God ,precious,children.

So first I don't know,what your question is..

Second I know the PC disagree.

As,I said yesterday...as CHRISTIAN either don't wish bad things on another human ..it just say nothing.

Your attitude is embarrassing when you wa3262ve the flag of Christ and then gloat about about someone with a real medical condition causing pain..

Location hidden

#302549 Jun 28, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>I know your opinion of knit Rose.You've voiced your opinion MANY times over..every day. You are most certainly entitled to that belief but I think you are using knit at this point for gossip purposes. Otherwise, you would attempt to ignore her posts. The proaborts know that you think that she is a fake Christian. That's accomplished. I personally do not think that she is. Not liking how someone acts doesn't equate to them being a fake Christian.
You have no problem with the bigotry of Proaborts or their ugly, attacking posts and yet most claim to believe in God too. They arent making people of God look bad in uour opinion though?
Sorry but you're being a bit hypocritical. You also at first accused me of being another poster like you hated that knit did to you but you are not wrong for doing it but she is?
There are a few posters on here that i choose to ignore. I don't read their posts. See how easy that is?
Oh trust me I try on the ignoring...And she does get to me with her attacks.

AND AFTER HER CHANGING NAMES AND ATTACKING ME ONE DAY I HONESTLY THOUGHT YOU WERE HER..

WHEN I found out differently I immediately APLOGIZED at least twice ..

Did I not.

She has finally accepted. thatcH am indeed who I said I was..th I bling you m as y have reassured her....Nit one single nice w Ord or apology from this devout woman..

I even tried to speak to her privately about posting about
Our religious,differences on THUS thread .
.Nit for my sake trust me..She then proceeded to post something I Saud on another board on here...where of course no one cares, about how Catholics And non differ in our practice..

She tells me I'm crazy for putting out to her privately something that would make her look less foolish here ..

So I have tried from the beginning...until you posted to me she kept insisting I was nit myself.

I ignore her as much as I can..

And oh well I have weakness .too bad.

One can only be pushed so f a r ..But at least I tried a truce.
Your friend is like no Catholic I have ever met ..
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#302550 Jun 28, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's,see..does Madame feel like answering someone who was so pompous yesterday to me
Hmmmm
No.
I already told you how I feel about the babies in the womb..They are God ,precious,children.
So first I don't know,what your question is..
Second I know the PC disagree.
As,I said yesterday...as CHRISTIAN either don't wish bad things on another human ..it just say nothing.
Your attitude is embarrassing when you wa3262ve the flag of Christ and then gloat about about someone with a real medical condition causing pain..
Here is another quote from your kind.....empathetic?.....not empathetic?.....Hmmmmm?....... ..

"No, I don't think calling fetuses in general "a useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone." - Katie

Location hidden

#302551 Jun 28, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> See this is exactly what I.am talking about. Who are the "they" that you are referring to?
Discussing our religious doctrine regarding burials is not "peeping into others funeral rites".
Anyone can go against their religion. Their choice but that doesnt change what the truth is.
See how Michele admits that her and her families choicesngo against their religion? She is honest about it. She doesn't sugar coat their rejection.
But saying Burners,mom was not Catholic ..saying she practices,Child abuse with her religion..

Peeping .

Her not burying her mom.

Do you really think God won't be able to find her mother at Resurrection time.

Private. As,her father was the arbiter ..you know ..the spouse.

Peeping and judging. Imo

Location hidden

#302552 Jun 28, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>You spend more time on topix than anyone, go find a life, go to the Senior Center and make real friends.
POT KETTLE BLACK.

why on earth do you care how long I am on Topix...LURK and time me..huh???
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#302553 Jun 28, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not another quote, it's the same one you've used several times less the context with which it appears in post a year ago.

Are you blind? Look up at the top of the page. Or... maybe too many of your posts have been pulled and it's not at the top of this page. Anyway...
==========

Didn't I tell you yesterday to post the entire paragraph and provide context of my answering another poster's question regarding a different poster's attitude altogether?

You are King Sh*t of Turd Mountain every time you pull this crap, Fake Doctor NR.

What is wrong with you? You are so antisocial and abrasive. Nothing but a bully. Pffft!
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

Location hidden

#302555 Jun 28, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text>
"It makes other Christians look bad"
No.
No more than foo 's disobedience to her Jewish religion makess Jews look bad. I know many Jewish people who are authentic. I spoke to a Rabbi and a Jewish friend about her claims one time. I grew up around many different relgions but mostly Jewish. I have close Jewish friends. They said foo was not following her religion and like many breakaway versions of authentic rdligikns, she just livesnthe "I don't obey God the way he wants....I obeyg the way I think he wants" groups.
And whatever is,with Foo and her religion and HER rabbi is her business.

Listen ..Knit can spend her whole day in Church or on Topix...

I don't care.

But when she speaks supposedly for God and attacks people ..including me the minute I came back on thus board...She shows that she has read nothing real about His,Christ behaved.

And the ONLY people he was impatient with...we're nog OTHER

religions. BUT those if His own who were doing wrong to His people.

And half if what she accuses people of is either speculation or lies ..

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#302556 Jun 28, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>There never has been a practicing Catholic pro choice/pro abort. You see being a pro abort or pro choice goes against EVERYTHING the Catholic Church teaches,everything. Therefore you are WRONG.
No, I'm not. You are.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302558 Jun 28, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>what the heck are you posting? Sorry can't understand a word you posted. take a break and find something constructive to do, K?
Hey, Control FREAK, worry about your own time. Spouting hate and bigotry is NOT constructive.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#302559 Jun 28, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>There never has been a practicing Catholic pro choice/pro abort. You see being a pro abort or pro choice goes against EVERYTHING the Catholic Church teaches,everything. Therefore you are WRONG.
Spare us your endless, hypocritical judgements. I bet you think your sh11t doesnt stink. You do not decide who is catholic, piggy Peggy. Those 20-30% who have aborted and follow your religion would disagree with your judgement.
How about you "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" instead of pointing fingers at everyone in the world.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#302562 Jun 28, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> An ectopic pregnacy situation has to be treated as I previously stated...removal of the little life or tube with (most likely)deceased life attached. Not an elective abortion. That for sure is the "life saving " scenerio where a life must be removed and like i said...
1. It is most likely deceased
2. It is a removal not a direct ripping to pieces wthat life in order to kill it. It is a indirect death.
Btw....hi nasty nana. I know why your hiding. If i was you, i would too.
Well, you're not me, and I'm not her, although I'm sure both of us would be bettered by becoming so.

And for your information, every abortion is elective. No one forces a woman to have an ectopic pregnancy removed...so I take it you would ELECT to save your own life in that regard (and most anyone would.) Though there have been women who didn't, I'll take the above to mean you wouldn't be one of them.

Which, obviously, belies your previous statement.

Tell me, what's your stance on human embryos which are cultivated for the purpose of in-vitro fertilization, and subsequently discarded as 'unnecessary' to that procedures purposes?

As would be the human embryo housed in your hypothetical fallopian tube, those human embryos end up JUST AS DEAD by the hand of a person....regardless of how you choose to spin it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302563 Jun 28, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Right....Catholic doctrine calls for standing up for the slaughter of innocents....right , you are full of excrement, Satan's excrement.
Wasn't talking about RCC doctrine. I was talking about the fact that there are many practicing Catholics who are pro-choice, and you have no authority to say otherwise. You're no one.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302564 Jun 28, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Take your own advice.
I'm not the one telling others not to get off the computer and do something "constructive". You are.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302565 Jun 28, 2013
LOL, editing error. Should have read I'm not the one telling others TO get off the computer and do something "constructive".

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#302566 Jun 28, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> At least your honest enough to admit that( re your first sentence)....and that your Uncle disobeyed his church doctrine.
He took a vow and that is really sad :(
With all due respect, there's no need for sadness. My cousin suffered a horrible mental illness, suffered horribly as she was dying of cancer and we believe that she was finally free and at peace in death. The family chose what they felt was right for *her* regarding her cremated remains. If God disagrees, so be it.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#302567 Jun 28, 2013
godless by choice wrote:
"persnickety" AKA "oxygen thief"
Yep, she needs to find out what he really does if he is because she can get him in trouble big time, one of his parisheners could be reading this thread and go straight to the Bishop.
yeah because thats what you cowards do,tell on each other,to busy trying to control others,
What's really amusing is no one even knows my uncle's name or which parish he's at. I really can't believe some folks have gone ape shit because the family did not bury my cousins cremated remains and respected her daughters wish to sprinkle her ashes in her mothers favorite places. While I am sad at the loss of my cousin, as she was very dear to me, I am happy to know that she is no longer suffering, mentally and physically, and is "free". What was done regarding her remains was out of love and if that angers God then I'll stand before Him and accept whatever judgment He bestows on me come my judgment day.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#302568 Jun 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text><snipped>
I was talking about your use of the word choiceS, not your misspelling of family's.
Apparently, there is some confusion when I said "we" in regards to my family. In regards to my cousin, "we" refers to my uncle, aunt, his children, his grandchild and me. I regard my uncle as my 2nd father and I am very much a part of his immediate family. The family believed cremation was the best choice and with everything my cousin went through, especially being committed to a mental facility for damn near 15 or so years, we totally understood her daughters wish to sprinkle her mothers ashes in the places she loved to visit before her mental illness got the best of her. She wanted her mother to be "free".

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#302569 Jun 28, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, there is some confusion when I said "we" in regards to my family. In regards to my cousin, "we" refers to my uncle, aunt, his children, his grandchild and me. I regard my uncle as my 2nd father and I am very much a part of his immediate family. The family believed cremation was the best choice and with everything my cousin went through, especially being committed to a mental facility for damn near 15 or so years, we totally understood her daughters wish to sprinkle her mothers ashes in the places she loved to visit before her mental illness got the best of her. She wanted her mother to be "free".
I see nothing wrong with that, but apparently they feel they have the right to judge you. They don't.

I also read it as her dishonest attempt to imply that all your family's choices were against RCC doctrine, though, so I corrected her. You were talking about one choice regarding one burial.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#302570 Jun 28, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
What's really amusing is no one even knows my uncle's name or which parish he's at. I really can't believe some folks have gone ape shit because the family did not bury my cousins cremated remains and respected her daughters wish to sprinkle her ashes in her mothers favorite places. While I am sad at the loss of my cousin, as she was very dear to me, I am happy to know that she is no longer suffering, mentally and physically, and is "free". What was done regarding her remains was out of love and if that angers God then I'll stand before Him and accept whatever judgment He bestows on me come my judgment day.
Michelle: "I really can't believe some folks have gone ape shit because the family did not bury my cousins cremated remains and respected her daughters wish to sprinkle her ashes in her mothers favorite places."

The problem is that YOU are a lapsed Catholic. You are not a practicing Catholic in the least.

By "I can't believe" you mean that you wish others would think as a fallen-away Catholic thinks......that is, as you think.

You're a proabort, EX-Catholic mess and I don't want to think like you about anything.

Now, run along and stop being such a fake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min KLM 1,536,681
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Talkin To daStupid 63,625
News New gay-themed features, docs debut at Hartford... 3 hr Calling It True 8
News U.S. Education Secretary Uses Former East Hartf... 5 hr calling you out 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun Disturbed 20,923
News Police Deny Foul Play -- Courant.com (Jul '07) May 26 Anonymous 23
News Historical 'Before Homosexuals' Closes 9-Day Ha... May 25 Gremlin 7

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages