Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,177)

Showing posts 283,521 - 283,540 of304,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And it didn't even take you a minute to get that sweetie. LOL!!
Foo, I grant you that I don't know much about other religions - raised Catholic, doncha know - but you are a bright bulb, so I thought to self - self, Foo knows what's what with the Lent.

Let's revisit my favorite comedian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Love Mr. Black!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
But were they Catholic Protestants?
Maybe this will help.??
The ones who were Catholic but believed as,Luther and the other Reformers did ..that some things taught by the Church ...were nit correct....hnd if they we're passing out bibles. NOT FROM THE CC..who at the time weren't.passing them out.
They were declared heretics and thus excommunicated. And no longer considered Catholics
Now Church of England was basically Catholic in practice but declared Henry instead of the Pope as head..They also went after do called heretics.
Both groups had a problem with bibles..big time ..
I'm sure I missed something ..But it's a kind if nutshell

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo, I grant you that I don't know much about other religions - raised Catholic, doncha know - but you are a bright bulb, so I thought to self - self, Foo knows what's what with the Lent.
BWAAAAHAHAHAHA!! Loved that belly laugh!! THANK you!!

Self was right!!
Let's revisit my favorite comedian:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Love Mr. Black!
Oh I DO love him!!! THANK You, never saw that bit!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Moon.
Madame is just lurking ..hoping for fine folks such as yourself to greet my exquisite self!!
Consider yourself greeted!

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>"Gentiles the to apostle the as known is he, fellowship Christian into admitted be could Gentiles that concluded probably had Christians Jewish earl movement, th with associated had he before, that fact the Despite. Paul was 30-70CE period the in Christian influential most single the. Possess we that documents the all to According"
'Christianity Early and TEstament New The' book the from quote to be would Next.
Next....
That was a creative rearrangement of "Ink's" post.
Were it not for her original post being displayed directly above yours I might not have picked up on that and merely considered it "word salad."

;)
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo KNOWS he wasn't following the Jewish faith OR living the Torah. In fact, on the same page, Rabbi Joseph discusses this very specifically. You're such a fan of the Rabbi, perhaps you should read what he has to say in its ENTIRETY.
LOLs IF that will ever happen.....
What happen to Mt. Sinai in El Paso?
Other religions are in there using their temple.
No respect.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Were it not for her original post being displayed directly above yours I might not have picked up on that and merely considered it "word salad."
;)
:)

That's exactly what I thought of hers.....

good catch.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, why don'tcha take a history lesson or two, you are very wrong. Do you want me to get Dan to explain it all to you again?
Lol no thanks knit.

not admitting what happened historically is foolish

not going into it here and you don't have to have your "big brother "
Come beat me up ..that's is childish .

And not fir this thread.

Just trying to clarify why Lutherans of the time were no longer considered Catholic..as was asked.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
;)
It's the absinthe ..I tell you ..you better check your supply!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider yourself greeted!
Madame bows and thanks you for the greeting

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you understood wrong, like you always do. The Four Aspects of Man (355)
"God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them" (Gen 1:27). The following paragraphs will examine these four aspects of man:
He is in the image of God
He unites in his nature both the spiritual and material worlds
He is male and female
He enjoys a friendship with God
catholiccatachism---source
No, I did not misunderstand. That is what USED to be taught, as you know full well, you lying POS.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is what you call Catholics who protest and try to reform the Church.
In the case of Martin Luther who began the reformation, he was a Catholic priest fighting the heirachy until he began developing his own church in 1526.
Wrong. Martin Luther tried to get the RC church to return to the teachings of Christ, but instead of admitting that they were wrong they kicked him out. He never wanted to start his own church.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe this will help.??
The ones who were Catholic but believed as,Luther and the other Reformers did ..that some things taught by the Church ...were nit correct....hnd if they we're passing out bibles. NOT FROM THE CC..who at the time weren't.passing them out.
They were declared heretics and thus excommunicated. And no longer considered Catholics
Now Church of England was basically Catholic in practice but declared Henry instead of the Pope as head..They also went after do called heretics.
Both groups had a problem with bibles..big time ..
I'm sure I missed something ..But it's a kind if nutshell
Oh, I knew the answer, Hon. I was trying to point out Ink's "confusion" over the subject of "Jewish Christians".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
What happen to Mt. Sinai in El Paso?
Other religions are in there using their temple.
No respect.
WTF are you talking about anyway?

Other faiths are using a synagogue building? What's wrong with that?

When a synagogue moves to a new location, they will ONLY sell their building to another synagogue, or barring that, to another faith that needs a spiritual and sanctified land.

Nothing disrespectful about it. I know of a few churches and synagogues that SHARE space. Again, nothing wrong with it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Martin Luther tried to get the RC church to return to the teachings of Christ, but instead of admitting that they were wrong they kicked him out. He never wanted to start his own church.
That's how I always understood it as well.

Havent forgot you about the mail. I've been following that story, but havent had a chance to update myself with your link.

Getting ready to go get the Xray, so I'll read it when I get back.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>That's how I always understood it as well.
Havent forgot you about the mail. I've been following that story, but havent had a chance to update myself with your link.
Getting ready to go get the Xray, so I'll read it when I get back.
Good luck with that! I'm getting ready to go to bed, I'll be back on later.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>What I posted, was always taught, you are wrong, admit it.
LOL, says the admitted LIAR. No, I'm not wrong. The teaching changed, to further the anti-choice fetus worshipping agenda. Period.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I knew the answer, Hon. I was trying to point out Ink's "confusion" over the subject of "Jewish Christians".
Ahhh Jewish Christians ..a subject Madame does not discuss..now,Rose on the other hand..nah..not on this thread

Wait ... I get it now

Punches self in my feather...Lol. took me a while.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you talking about anyway?
Other faiths are using a synagogue building? What's wrong with that?
When a synagogue moves to a new location, they will ONLY sell their building to another synagogue, or barring that, to another faith that needs a spiritual and sanctified land.
Nothing disrespectful about it. I know of a few churches and synagogues that SHARE space. Again, nothing wrong with it.
Good morning Miss Foo.
Be a,darling and
Let Madame know how the day goes.

Thanks,dearie

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>No, the Church cannot change its doctrines no matter how badly some theologians may want it to or how loudly they claim it can. The doctrines of the Catholic Church are the deposit of faith revealed by Jesus Christ, taught by the apostles, and handed down in their entirety by the apostles to their successors. Since revealed truth cannot change, and since the deposit of faith is comprised of revealed truth, expressed in Scripture and Sacred Tradition, the deposit of faith cannot change.
While it's certainly true that our Lord's words to the apostles in Matthew 18:18-19 grant authority to the apostles to "bind" the members of the Church to believe the doctrines of the Church ("He who listens to you listens to me. He who rejects you rejects me and the one who sent me" [Luke 10:16]), the "loosing" spoken of in Mathew. 18:18 does not mean the apostles can modify doctrine.
The Church does not have the power to do the impossible, to change or delete divinely revealed truth which forms the deposit of faith. Rather, the concept of loosing, as it pertains to the apostles and their successors, has more to do the Church's ability to dispense individuals or the whole Church from observing certain ecclesiastical disciplines. There are many examples of this authority to bind and loose in the arena of Church discipline. Here are a few:
In the early Church married men were permitted to be ordained as priests in the West. This custom was changed in the tenth century and since then, in the Latin Rite, candidates for the priesthood must be celibate.
Until recent years it was forbidden under pain of mortal sin to eat meat on Fridays. The Church has "loosed" this discipline and now allows the faithful to eat meat on Fridays provided some other act of mortification is performed.
Prior to Vatican II, the pre-Communion fast extended from midnight until the time one received Communion; no food or water were to be consumed. This discipline was relaxed first to a three-hour fast and then to the one-hour fast the Church now observes.
Matthew 18 also refers to the Church's authority to bind and loose with regard to sin. Every priest has the authority of Christ to "loose" (absolve) penitents from their sins through the sacrament of confession (Jn 20:21-22, 2 Cor 5:18-20). The priest also has the obligation, in rare cases when he sees no evidence of contrition or an unwillingness on the part of the penitent to stop committing sin, to "bind" someone in their sins by refusing to grant him absolution until he evinces genuine contrition.
The faithful may gain indulgences through corporal and spiritual acts of charity, certain prayers, and pilgrimages, and are thus, by the authority of the Church's power to bind and loose, able to receive partial or complete remission of all temporal punishment due to sin. Through indulgences the Church may loose Christians from the duty of penance which would otherwise need to be performed.
Certain forms of excommunication may be "loosed" only by a bishop or, in graver circumstances, only by the Holy See.
Priests and religious who request it can be "loosed" (dispensed) from their vows of celibacy (and, in the case of religious, the vows of poverty and obedience).
None of these issues deals with doctrine as such (since doctrine is unchangeable) but with Church discipline, government, and penance.
catholicanswers.com We do not change bitler, you of all people should know that. YOU are wrong AGAIN.
And we've ALWAYS been at war with Eurasia, you Orwellian tool.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 283,521 - 283,540 of304,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••