Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 315372 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#301205 Jun 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
They get stupid ideas as kids. Lose all respects t that a woman should have for her body..And can get diseases.
So because teen sex is only one fifth of the abortion s its nit relevant??
No idea why a married woman..who has probably seen a doctor or clinic at some point..woukd nit use protection. And yes I know it fails sometimes..maybe they learned the wrong things as teens ..which brings us back to education..abortion being used as birth control is more expensive ..harder on the health ..And possibly the mental heath...of a woman than preventing it in the first place..imo
No one said teen sex is only one fifth of abortions. What I said is that teens have less than one fifth of the abortions. AND, that over half of all abortions are done on women who are married or living with someone. Which means that "hooking up" is not the problem.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#301206 Jun 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Car wrecks end human lives. Let's ban driving a car. Toxic pregnancies end two human lives....let's ban them too.
Exactly.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#301207 Jun 19, 2013
Furthermore, many people regret getting divorced....let's make divorce illegal. OR, since many people regret getting married, let's make marriage illegal.

There are people who regret having kids, let's make childbirth illegal, huh? No?
Ocean56

AOL

#301208 Jun 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
No idea why a married woman..who has probably seen a doctor or clinic at some point..woukd nit use protection. And yes I know it fails sometimes..maybe they learned the wrong things as teens ..which brings us back to education..abortion being used as birth control is more expensive ..harder on the health ..And possibly the mental heath...of a woman than preventing it in the first place..imo
Rose, you just don't seem to get it. NO method of contraception on the market is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy. The better ones may have effectiveness percentages of 95% and higher, but NONE of them are 100%. Not every woman wants to remain celibate to avoid the unwanted outcome of sex.

That means a woman can still get pregnant, for one or more reasons, while using reliable contraception. If a pregnancy happens, it is EACH woman's decision whether to continue that pregnancy or not. Whatever her decision may be, it is still HER decision and no one else's.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#301209 Jun 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Car wrecks end human lives. Let's ban driving a car. Toxic pregnancies end two human lives....let's ban them too.
Playa you know,darn well I am not speaking of a,pregnancy situation that could end the mother's life.

I have made it very clear on here. If a woman's life is in danger. It the babies YOU GET WHATEVER emergency care is needed.
And one hopes to heaven that if a woman is,toxic she is in a hospital and not in an abortion clinic.

I coukd not have made that clearer. No carrying dead babies..No stroking out from high blood pressure..Or complications from diabetes.

Not talking about any of that as a person with a brain does whatever it takes to save that which can be saved..Hopefully both of them

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#301210 Jun 19, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, you just don't seem to get it. NO method of contraception on the market is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy. The better ones may have effectiveness percentages of 95% and higher, but NONE of them are 100%. Not every woman wants to remain celibate to avoid the unwanted outcome of sex.
That means a woman can still get pregnant, for one or more reasons, while using reliable contraception. If a pregnancy happens, it is EACH woman's decision whether to continue that pregnancy or not. Whatever her decision may be, it is still HER decision and no one else's.
Of course I know,nothing is,100 percent unless you are either celibate or get your tubes tied it a hysterectomy.

What I keep harping on ..Is that in this day and age..It's irresponsible for them to not even use it..And for a woman who has had an abortion ..to then nit use protection it's,downright crazy. She has to have had at least one contact eith a family planning clinic...unless they did no preventive counselling after the abortion. And do not give prescriptions,for BC??

If they got educated. And used birth control correctly there would be less unwanted pregnancies,and children.

PP was the beacon in the sixties for our equality..

Now,abortion is the flag of the women's political agenda..

With equality. cones responsibility.

That's my point..because as much as I abhor for many reasons this,culture in which ending the life if ones own child is normal..I
Also know that ROE will not be overturned..

So getting rid of these,numbers is a secondary goal that should be in place if indeed our politicians want abortion to be Rare..which I do not believe for a minute

But that's imo

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#301211 Jun 19, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!
Abortion is a solid back up plan. ADULT women take birth control and don't know HOW to use it or what interferes with it? That is really dumb. I don't take the pill or use any artificial means and even I know that.
It's irresponsible behavior. Abortion is taught as a womans decision and so....50 million abortions later...it's convenient. I'd hardly call them "oops" pregnancies. Let's face it,if abortion was illegal as of tommorow,I'd bet my life there wouldn't be all the "oopsy" irresponsible acts of abortions. ADULTS can't "get it right" but expect teenagers to? NOT gonna happen.
To shift the subject back to the pill given a woman a false sense of security,..when I was a teenager,I had sex education in my school. We learned it all about b/c. You know what it did for the kids in the class the way it was taught? Sex feels good. People want sex. It's natural. ALL you need to do if you want to have sex is to use b/c. You're parents might not approve so use it anyway. Honestly, I walked out of that class thinking "hmmm....an adult saying this is fun and you could be safe"""" "...
It didn't have the positive influence people thought. Our school still had high rates of teenage pregnancy and throughout the years,many girls who had abortions.
My friend in the class,went out,got on birth control and had sex with MANY guys through out her life.. At the time,It seemed so alluring knowing that she got to have all this sex with these cute guys and she will NEVER EVER EVER get pregnant. Seemed so simple.
She did get pregnant and she has a STD.
Another girl I know has cervical cancer and is dying due to her "fun" days of carefree sex while being "protected".
We get it already...you're better and smarter than everyone else and you know everything about everything, so can we open some windows now and finally clear the stench of your arrogance out of the room?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#301212 Jun 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said teen sex is only one fifth of abortions. What I said is that teens have less than one fifth of the abortions. AND, that over half of all abortions are done on women who are married or living with someone. Which means that "hooking up" is not the problem.
If teens are having one fifth of the abortions ..some of it is likely due to hooking up in one way or another..And hooking up has more pitfalls than abortion.Imo

What mom wants that fir her kid..Oh say how many guys are you going to take on tonite dear??

Oh son go out and sow your wild oats with as many girls as you can get??

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#301213 Jun 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
Furthermore, many people regret getting divorced....let's make divorce illegal. OR, since many people regret getting married, let's make marriage illegal.
There are people who regret having kids, let's make childbirth illegal, huh? No?
I know it will never be made illegal ..

The good thing woukd have been that it had never become the norm .

That ship has sailed.

So I for one woukd like to see it be very rare..for the unwanted babies,dead and alive and yes for the moms..

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#301214 Jun 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If teens are having one fifth of the abortions ..some of it is likely due to hooking up in one way or another..And hooking up has more pitfalls than abortion.Imo
What mom wants that fir her kid..Oh say how many guys are you going to take on tonite dear??
Oh son go out and sow your wild oats with as many girls as you can get??
"hooking up" is not the problem with abortion, but this phrase is something you focus obsessively on. Who is talking about just teens here?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#301215 Jun 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"hooking up" is not the problem with abortion, but this phrase is something you focus obsessively on. Who is talking about just teens here?
I know,full well this is not the full problem.

Somewhere back in this round of posts education was mentioned.

And teens are the best place to Start. Though some here ..not you..don't think it helps.
It sure can't hurt.

And if a woman finds herself at a,clinic I pray that at the very least she gets some prevention advice after her abortion.

So there are at least two scenarios we could possibly do SOMETHING to mske a abortion more rare.

I dint care how safe it is..It's still a medical procedure with possible effects,mentally and physically.

If it's really superwoman we care,about..prevention is a,good thing

And if we care about both moms and babies ..its,also a good thingf
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#301216 Jun 19, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep and have discussed it here at length. So sorry you missed it.
Yep me too. Can't be on here all the time to keep up with all of your profound utterances.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#301217 Jun 19, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? That's not what I said.
I said *their* version. As in the Religious Rights. You know, the subject of my post?
Oh. You didn't know.
This is what you said;

"Maybe you'll understand what I am saying when this country is told it's Catholic. And that you have to follow the Catholic faith. Or their version of it anyway."

Again I ask, what is the 'Catholic version' of the Catholic faith?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#301218 Jun 19, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? I was discussing JM's dismissal of ever reaching a middle ground in the present.
JM is right.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#301219 Jun 19, 2013
Sweet JM wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately, MANY kids are put in Catholic schools for their sports, or to look good on their college apps. They are not practicing Catholics because their parents aren't. Like I suggested - monkey see, monkey do.
Yes it may be true that kids didint have my life and that IS indeed sad that morals and God are lacking.
And the tragic results continue..........
I think Catholic schools should be for Catholic children. They aren't much different from public shools now.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#301220 Jun 19, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Tell them to go adopt one of the thousands and thousands of unwanted children already born who are without homes.
Or how about you volunteer your womb to gestate that unwanted baby, then YOU deal with getting rid of it.
Nah, you wouldn't bother.
I see you think it is your place to decide for other women what child they should adopt. I thought you were supportive of other women's choices. I guess you aren't really.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#301221 Jun 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Playa you know,darn well I am not speaking of a,pregnancy situation that could end the mother's life.
I have made it very clear on here. If a woman's life is in danger. It the babies YOU GET WHATEVER emergency care is needed.
And one hopes to heaven that if a woman is,toxic she is in a hospital and not in an abortion clinic.
I coukd not have made that clearer. No carrying dead babies..No stroking out from high blood pressure..Or complications from diabetes.
Not talking about any of that as a person with a brain does whatever it takes to save that which can be saved..Hopefully both of them
Then why are there no exceptions to the ban on all abortions after the 20th week, which passed in the House of Representatives YESTERDAY???

Apparently, Congress has something other than a brain. That bill will waste countless taxpayer dollars, in defending against rulings of its blatant Uncontstitutionality, should it ever pass in the Senate...which is highly unlikely, given that even the old white Republican Congressmen who WROTE the filthy thing, describe it as 'symbolic'.

But what it doesn't do, is protect the health of women who discover their pregnancy is toxic after the 20th week, or whose fetuses are diagnosed as severely / profoundly compromised after the 20th week...or who don't even discover they are pregnant until after the 20th week, Rose.

Tough luck for them, eh?

The whole purpose of even PROPOSING this legislation, is to make a point: namely, that the lives of women are secondary to the Religious Republican Right's agenda, regarding the intensely personal issue of abortion. To show the old white Republican base that its elected leaders take controlling a woman's reproductive function more seriously than her economic status, or her job prospects.

All I can say is, 2014 cannot come soon enough to vote these pasty faced rape-apologists out of office.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#301222 Jun 19, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
If your god wanted people to have kids, he'd make them fertile...right? Shouldn't childless couples just accept god's will?
<quoted text>
It may be God's will that they care for, love and raise another child in need. Many who do dop oten producea biological child later.
playa is not bright

New York, NY

#301223 Jun 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
Intentional elective killing of human life is what we're talking about banning here genius, not the tool used to affect the killing. Intentional killing with an automobile IS already illegal, stupid.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#301224 Jun 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Then why are there no exceptions to the ban on all abortions after the 20th week, which passed in the House of Representatives YESTERDAY???
Apparently, Congress has something other than a brain. That bill will waste countless taxpayer dollars, in defending against rulings of its blatant Uncontstitutionality, should it ever pass in the Senate...which is highly unlikely, given that even the old white Republican Congressmen who WROTE the filthy thing, describe it as 'symbolic'.
But what it doesn't do, is protect the health of women who discover their pregnancy is toxic after the 20th week, or whose fetuses are diagnosed as severely / profoundly compromised after the 20th week...or who don't even discover they are pregnant until after the 20th week, Rose.
Tough luck for them, eh?
The whole purpose of even PROPOSING this legislation, is to make a point: namely, that the lives of women are secondary to the Religious Republican Right's agenda, regarding the intensely personal issue of abortion. To show the old white Republican base that its elected leaders take controlling a woman's reproductive function more seriously than her economic status, or her job prospects.
All I can say is, 2014 cannot come soon enough to vote these pasty faced rape-apologists out of office.
There are exceptions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min USAsince1680 1,567,825
News Connecticut LGBT Advocate Says Military's Trans... 1 hr Pinky 6
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr Dave spano 21,017
Why are puerto ricans so lazy & don't work? (Nov '13) Tue Disgusted 11
How DEPRESSING is it living in The State Of Con... (May '16) Jul 24 udougy 5
News Connecticut governor visits woman taking sanctu... Jul 23 Claude H 2
News Over-65 & Working - Don't Let Disappointment Show Jul 23 tears of a clown 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages