Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317591 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#301184 Jun 18, 2013
eyeswideopen wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to this and woe to the left if Muslims take over if they think Christianity is so encumbersome!
Woe to a Muslim if he/she wants to offer prayer in school...Woe to Native Americans, who
eyeswideopen wrote:
<quoted text>
No Christian ever forced anyone to role-play as a christian.
What were the inquisitions, the Salem witch trials, the enforced 're-education' of Native American children, and the current freaking push to make your "god's" laws the law of the land all about, then, genius??

If 'dissenters' didn't 'role play as Christians', even as recently as 100 years ago, they were tortured, banished, or killed.

And the Congressional religious right in 2013, has just passed a bill requiring a ban on all abortions after 20 weeks, REGARDLESS of a woman's religious affiliation, the toxicity of her pregnancy, or the health of her fetus, in accordance with their belief that abortion is 'evil' and that late term abortions are the most 'evil' of all.

And you know it.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#301185 Jun 18, 2013
oops-that should have read "Woe to Native Americans, who preferred their children to be raised with the religious beliefs and practices of the tribe, rather than Christianity."

My bad.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#301187 Jun 19, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Not everyone is frigid, dear heart.
<quoted text>
Frigit is being cold without affection.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#301188 Jun 19, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>

Don't want a baby,don't get pregnant. SIMPLE.
If you ARE pregnant,you ARE having a baby.
Total BS. Consent to sex does not equal consent to carry and have a child.

Face facts; if you are pregnant, you might not have a baby.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#301189 Jun 19, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't say that one HAD to agree with THAT choice,but you still have to ACCEPT that choice of abortion/adoption/giving birth for that other woman in order to be pro-CHOICE.
I am ANTI=CHOICE because I will not agree with that choice for ME or you. I do accept adoption or keeping the baby. Killing shouldn't be a choice.
Anyhoo...
She will not even say those OPTIONS. She hides behind "medical decision". An abortion is a medical decision to pay a Dr to kill their unwanted child, of course. Adoption isn't a medical choice. Nor is giving birth. People used to give birth at home with no Dr around.
Rachel explained the choices that foo refuses to say.
Another hypocrite who talks a big talk about adoption, but likely has adopted nothing more than a pissy, holier-than-thou, know-it-all attitude.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#301190 Jun 19, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You were clear when you said you realize a human (noun) is killed during an abortion.
At least you're honest in your support for killing innocent, defenseless humans.
You admit to being a baby-killing apologist.
I admitted no such thing, and I support no such thing. You're another pathological liar.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#301192 Jun 19, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Many women simply can't have children for unknown reasons. Gods will? Perhaps?
But,MANY can't either conceive or carry due to issues that are brought on,that most likely are not God inspired. We live in a toxic environment and that takes its toll on our health. A few women that I know who had abortions were told that because of the abortion,they can't carry their baby. Stressful lives sometimes. Medications.
So many different reasons. Gods will? I don't think so.
Are you saying you think there are things your god is not in control of? That he can't do anything about them? Or that he chooses NOT to do anything about them, and allows them to happen?

Imagine that.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#301193 Jun 19, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Foo considers those all "medical decisions".
Really? Show us where I said it consider them all "medical decisions".

Oh wait, you cant, since you're LYING again.

It would be nice if you learned to stop trying to put YOUR ridiculous spins on what others say. You ONLY make yourself look stupider than usual.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#301194 Jun 19, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
She's pro-CHOICE in supporting whatever the pregnant woman wants to do..... k? OKAY?
SHe doesn't get it. I support her right to make the CHOICE she wants to make, it doesn't matter what the choice IS. I dont have to support the CHOICE she makes, its none of my business what that choice is. I simply support her right to make her own personal, private CHOICE.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#301195 Jun 19, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny you mention animals as my grandma was raised in the country. The family had farmland in Texas and Mexico. But when it came to talking about human sex and all that jazz, they didn't have discussions about that. It was basically "Don't do it until you're married" and it was the end of the discussion. There really was no detailed discussions or detailed explanations for their beliefs and you didn't question what you were told.
Even to this day, my grandma doesn't like to talk about those things and some of the most hilarious discussions with my grandma involves those subjects. She damn near died of shock when I sent my SO on a Kotex run. She was like: "You can't send him out to the store to buy THAT!" and I was like: "If you're sending him out to the store to buy you some Dulcolax because you can't poop, he can bring back some damn pads!" and that's when she breaks out the infamous chancla and flings it my way, LMAO!! And you can't get her started about sex. She refers to it as "being filthy with each other". As in: "When I stay at your aunt and uncle's house, I don't even dare go into the basement when they're down there because only God knows what kind of filthy things they're doing to each other down there!", I swear, my Gram's a trip!!:o)
Lol
Grandma told us she sent my uncle yo the pharmacy ..with a list I think.for the pharmacist ..he was pretty young.

On the lust was noted..She told him it was,for a sore throat..And wore one around her neck to prove it..lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#301196 Jun 19, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Show us where I said it consider them all "medical decisions".
Oh wait, you cant, since you're LYING again.
It would be nice if you learned to stop trying to put YOUR ridiculous spins on what others say. You ONLY make yourself look stupider than usual.

Gm

foo

Any better?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#301197 Jun 19, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
SHe doesn't get it. I support her right to make the CHOICE she wants to make, it doesn't matter what the choice IS. I dont have to support the CHOICE she makes, its none of my business what that choice is. I simply support her right to make her own personal, private CHOICE.
No, she doesn't understand. That's because she's dumb as a box of hair. AND, she took what Rachel was saying, and twisted it to suit her agenda. THAT'S because she's dishonest as the day is long.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#301198 Jun 19, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The numbers for the most recent reporting year are around 4M live births annually to about 800K induced abortions annually. There is a net gain of one person every 13 seconds in the USA.
http://www.census.gov/popclock/
"Results: A total of 784,507 abortions were reported to CDC for 2009. Of these abortions, 772,630 (98.5%) were from the 45 reporting areas that provided data every year during 20002009. Among these same 45 reporting areas, the abortion rate for 2009 was 15.1 abortions per 1,000 women aged 1544 years, and the abortion ratio was 227 abortions per 1,000 live births. Compared with 2008, the total number and rate of reported abortions for 2009 decreased 5%, representing the largest single year decrease for the entire period of analysis. The abortion ratio decreased 2%. From 2000 to 2009, the total number, rate, and ratio of reported abortions decreased 6%, 7%, and 8%, respectively, to the lowest levels for 20002009."
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss61...
Please note the number of annual abortions decreased 5% for the last reporting year of 2009. This is good news.
Agree that if the numbers Abercrombie good news.

Playa. Each and every abortion done ...still ending a human life

Maybe more women and men are being safe..

Still thinkthink celebs coukd do a great public service with the message,HOOKING UP IS NOT GOOD..

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#301199 Jun 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Still thinkthink celebs coukd do a great public service with the message,HOOKING UP IS NOT GOOD..
Over half of all abortions are done on women who are married or living with someone. And only 18% are done on teens. Where does "hooking up" fit in there?
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#301200 Jun 19, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>She NEEDS a man to get pregnant. The man PROVIDES the sperm.
Come ON already.
Unless there is such thing as sperm not from a man that I don't know about?
Look up "cloning"!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#301201 Jun 19, 2013
........Lol if the numbers are down. It's good news.

(Maybe Abercrombie is Madame secret love ..No idea where he came from )

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#301202 Jun 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Over half of all abortions are done on women who are married or living with someone. And only 18% are done on teens. Where does "hooking up" fit in there?
They get stupid ideas as kids. Lose all respects t that a woman should have for her body..And can get diseases.

So because teen sex is only one fifth of the abortion s its nit relevant??

No idea why a married woman..who has probably seen a doctor or clinic at some point..woukd nit use protection. And yes I know it fails sometimes..maybe they learned the wrong things as teens ..which brings us back to education..abortion being used as birth control is more expensive ..harder on the health ..And possibly the mental heath...of a woman than preventing it in the first place..imo

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#301203 Jun 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Car wrecks end human lives. Let's ban driving a car. Toxic pregnancies end two human lives....let's ban them too.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#301204 Jun 19, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Frigit is being cold without affection.
Medical frigidity is refusing to have sex under any circumstances.

Mental midgetry, thy nick is 'forum'.

Next...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#301205 Jun 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
They get stupid ideas as kids. Lose all respects t that a woman should have for her body..And can get diseases.
So because teen sex is only one fifth of the abortion s its nit relevant??
No idea why a married woman..who has probably seen a doctor or clinic at some point..woukd nit use protection. And yes I know it fails sometimes..maybe they learned the wrong things as teens ..which brings us back to education..abortion being used as birth control is more expensive ..harder on the health ..And possibly the mental heath...of a woman than preventing it in the first place..imo
No one said teen sex is only one fifth of abortions. What I said is that teens have less than one fifth of the abortions. AND, that over half of all abortions are done on women who are married or living with someone. Which means that "hooking up" is not the problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Trims phu see hat 1,602,493
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr TheReal411 21,191
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
News Developer Resubmits Plan In Wethersfield (Jun '08) Thu ANONYMOUS 45
News Eastman Chemical cutting up to 300 jobs, reduci... (Mar '09) Sep 18 Caitlyn Jenner 7
Sick Minded Sexual Perversion is an Abomination!! Sep 18 TrueX 2
Cromwell-the most racist town in CT (Jun '10) Sep 14 ANONYMOUS 31

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages