Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,129)

Showing posts 282,561 - 282,580 of303,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>And sadly, thats always the way isn't it? Think about it, how many women have utilized GOOD ones, but we dont hear about it? And its not just CPC's, health clnics that do abortions are not dissimilar, we hear the BAD things, and on both sides, many dont WANT to acknowledge that good DOES happen at some of BOTH kinds of places.
When I had such a wonderful experience with the great CPC in Glen Burnie Md that time, it propelled me to work actively to shut down the BAD ones, and I am very proud to have worked toward changing the laws in Md, which forced the closing of MOST of the dishonest, manipulative ones there. Similarly, I'd work JUST as hard to close horriffic clinics like Gosnell's was.
It's too bad that that each side denies the bad on their side. They should acknowledge it and force them to change.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Religious Right no matter how much you hate them ..does not run the I R S. Not are they hacking reporters or listening in on phone calls of people whom coukd not possibly be terrorists..just people who disagree.
I know you don't want a theocracy
.Neither do I..But I also don't want a party in power stopping freedom of speech and belief.
Then why your denial regarding the Religious Right?

Here's something for you. In my research, I'd thought for a long time that former President Reagan let them into the game of politics, bypassing the separation of church and state. But I've recently read that *they* were behind his election, were providing a lot of the cash needed to run a campaign.

Have you noticed these days it takes millions to campaign for office? Have you ever asked yourself WHY?

Who do you think the power behind "stopping of freedom of speech and belief..." actually is? Follow the money, Rose.

Besides, just like "anti-abortion rights", every woman already has these under Roe v Wade. Nobody in this country is ever forced to abort. If or when it happens, there is legal recourse because it's criminal.

Right now, in this country, you have freedom of speech and belief. Freedom of religion includes freedom from religion. The other side of the coin.

Who do you think is trying to remove this freedom from religion? If you guessed the Religious Right, you'd be correct.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>We probably don't know the whole story or what was in her contract. the press won't print the real story, they don't like it if the Church is right. What would you say if that man went and killed six teachers and twenty students ? People take extra precautions now.
You don't know the 'whole story' behind any woman's choice to abort, but you call it "murder" anyway.

Yet you DO know a large part, of the 'whole story' regarding pedophilia among the Catholic priesthood,(and whatever story the higher echelons of Catholicism are currently denying), but you support the priests and the decisions to relocate them so they could molest more of those 'precious babies' you mewl about...oh, wait...
you don't give a puddle of piss about 'babies'...not the born ones, anyhow.....it's all about the fetus for you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not true AND its not fair Sue.
Like CPC's, clinics that do abortions are NOT all bad, that's simply a fact. That they happen to do a procedure you dont approve of is immaterial, and its not fair to paint them all with the same brush, just as its not fair when people try to paint CPCs with that same brush.
The vast majority of poeple that work at health clinics that do abortions (there are very few clinics that ONLY do abortions BTW, the BULK deal with all kinds of health issues) are in the same medical field you are, and are just as dedicated to health care that you are as well. They simply have different view, ideals and perhaps values as it pertains to the rights of people to make their own medical choices.
I disagree. Abortion "clinics" have worked long and hard at dehumanizing the fetus and denying that there is a human life that is killed during every abortion.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
The current IRS non-scandal involves right-wing groups applying for tax-exempt status. One stipulation of that status is that the group not endorse political candidates...but what else do most of these groups do?
<quoted text>
Sorry but look at these groups . They are specifically for political purpose. And they are ALL biased. And the I R S admitted it was wrong in treating the TEA PARTY and Pro Israel groups,in such a way as to hold up the status.

Personally I don't like them but actually the DEMS,started a good deal of them in the 2004 election . Big money in the 527 and 501 groups

One should be treated the same as the other.
Imo

This was Not a religious thing.

How about this politicians who give speeches in Church..But that is another whole thing

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. Abortion "clinics" have worked long and hard at dehumanizing the fetus and denying that there is a human life that is killed during every abortion.
Nonsense. That's just what you want to see.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

persnickety wrote:
The pill is giving young girls the green light to have sex before they should which leads to abortion.
More NONSENSE. The pill also gives adult WOMEN the freedom to have sex whether they're married or not. It's not up to you or a backward religious institution to decide when a woman "should" have sex.

Not all women wait until marriage to have sex, and not all married want children. There are quite a few married heterosexual CHILDFREE couples out there who never want kids. Try living in the 21st century for a change, not the fifteenth.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

"Not all women wait until marriage to have sex, and not all married want children."

Oops; that last part should have said "not all married women want children." My bad.:)

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why your denial regarding the Religious Right?
Here's something for you. In my research, I'd thought for a long time that former President Reagan let them into the game of politics, bypassing the separation of church and state. But I've recently read that *they* were behind his election, were providing a lot of the cash needed to run a campaign.
Have you noticed these days it takes millions to campaign for office? Have you ever asked yourself WHY?
Who do you think the power behind "stopping of freedom of speech and belief..." actually is? Follow the money, Rose.
Besides, just like "anti-abortion rights", every woman already has these under Roe v Wade. Nobody in this country is ever forced to abort. If or when it happens, there is legal recourse because it's criminal.
Right now, in this country, you have freedom of speech and belief. Freedom of religion includes freedom from religion. The other side of the coin.
Who do you think is trying to remove this freedom from religion? If you guessed the Religious Right, you'd be correct.
How about these people Katie..you can say all you w
ant about the Right. But S O R O S actually took all his wealth out of the US Market months before it crashed..wonder what he knew or engineered and he bragged about it I saw him..He has his huge money filled hand in every election

And his move on people are horrid imo

But they get the exemptions

And if you noticed I am using a non biased source
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoveOn.org
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Ocean56 wrote:

<quoted text>
Absolutely. If we put it on a t-shirt, it would look like this:
Unwanted Motherhood = ENSLAVEMENT

OceanSeaweed: Unwanted Motherhood = ENSLAVEMENT
________

NoRelevance wrote:
We all know what brings about pregnancy.
Even though you pretend not to know, I'm sure you do.
Besides, ever hear of adoption? Isn't that a choice a "prochoicer" supports? Why don't you ever promote that choice? Hmmmm?

Yeah, Norelevance, I know sex can result in UNWANTED pregnancy. Did you have a POINT?

Adoption is also a decision that EACH woman will make...or not. It is up to the WOMAN to decide whether to continue a pregnancy or not, and whether to raise a child or not. Either way, it isn't YOUR decision to make for any woman.

Unwanted Motherhood = ENSLAVEMENT

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

And fir the record none of them. The 527 and 501

Should be allowed in the first place.

Let the candidates do their own campaigning.

And in my perfect world that would last 4 months tops.

Let these incumbents do their jobs instead if campaigning ..imo

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
"Not all women wait until marriage to have sex, and not all married want children."
Oops; that last part should have said "not all married women want children." My bad.:)
Hey check this out,,, it's the chick that's afraid of a little bit of work!

And good thing you corrected yourself, most people can't put two and two together and decipher what you meant!

Hey Ocean,,, go swimming in it, k? As far as you can,,, so far out you couldn't possibly take another stroke, and THEN try swimming back! hahahahahahah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
@@ As has been proven time and again, including by a congressional investigation, at one time, the MAJORITY of CPC's were religous run organizations, that would outright LIE to women regarding their choices.
What they actually do is very limited, and includes NOTHING medical for the most part, not even sonograms or pregnancy tests. Nor do they counsel about birth control for the most part.
For those kinds of places, their ONLY purpose is to do whatever is necessary - INCLUDING lie - to ensure a pregnancy is seen through. SOME will help women find the resources women need, but the OP was correct, they do NOT pay for the pregnancy, nor do they pay for any medical care or anything else for that matter.
They may help with donated used clothing, finding housing but that's really about it.
DECENT CPC's - which sadly are still too few and far between, will assure that EVERY woman that walks in gets the counseling and help necessary to ensure everything from housng to proper nutrition, aid for continuing education and help to ensure the women can fend for THEMSELVES at the end of the day - GOOD ones also include education and birth control to help prevent FUTURE unwanted pregnancies.
While these places are still too rare, there are more and more opening around the country.
"@@ As has been proven time and again, including by a congressional investigation, at one time, the MAJORITY of CPC's were religous run organizations, that would outright LIE to women regarding their choices."

I wonder if there has ever been a congressional investigation into abortion "clinics" and the lies that they do/do not tell?

"What they actually do is very limited, and includes NOTHING medical for the most part, not even sonograms or pregnancy tests. Nor do they counsel about birth control for the most part."

Would you want untrained religious folks doing sonograms, pregnancy tests, or BC counseling?

"SOME will help women find the resources women need, but the OP was correct, they do NOT pay for the pregnancy, nor do they pay for any medical care or anything else for that matter."
Neither do abortion "clinics".

"DECENT CPC's - which sadly are still too few and far between, will assure that EVERY woman that walks in gets the counseling and help necessary to ensure everything from housng to proper nutrition, aid for continuing education and help to ensure the women can fend for THEMSELVES at the end of the day "

I agree.

" GOOD ones also include education and birth control to help prevent FUTURE unwanted pregnancies."

They should only be doing this if they have medical professionals on staff. Wrong info can be worse than no info.

"While these places are still too rare, there are more and more opening around the country."

Thankfully this is happening.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Objective Study or report to back up this claim?

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon "Knit!"
If you don't mind, I'd like you to take a look at this and ask yourself just how well you believe the prayers said for the woman in the article are going to help her.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0615-...
Greetings John-K!

This story is a perfect example of how Mother Church punishes and blames women for misdeeds done by men. Prayers are not paychecks. Of course, pedophiles that were shuffled around were men, and because of their vestments evidently deserved protection. Meanwhile a teacher, and mother of 4(?), gets kicked to the curb - so sad, good luck, sayonara.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And legislators are just lining up to outlaw miscarriages??
Semantics.
The fact remains that a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion, regardless of your inability to accept this simple fact. Perhaps your legislators and fellow fundies should keep this in mind when making blanket statements about abortion.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings John-K!
This story is a perfect example of how Mother Church punishes and blames women for misdeeds done by men. Prayers are not paychecks. Of course, pedophiles that were shuffled around were men, and because of their vestments evidently deserved protection. Meanwhile a teacher, and mother of 4(?), gets kicked to the curb - so sad, good luck, sayonara.
Hey John K

I actually get her not teaching in a school full of children...

BUT a job could have been found for her say in administration someplace in the diocese. Putting a loyal woman and her kids into poverty is not at all charitable imo..even with her education and rents servers she could work at home ..!!!

Disgraceful. And on the grounds if discrimination. Her nit getting a non children Sgt should sud them for discrimination. Much as I hate that stuff. She was a victim of hubby and the Diocese..imo
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>The pill is giving young girls the green light to have sex before they should which leads to abortion.
If young girls take the pill, it is because they are told that
it is safe. There are risks with medication and we never know what we are taking.
There should not be unwed mothers. It is rape.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess your god is a sociopath for killing all of those fetuses. Go complain to your god for his executions.
The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away.

You're not Lord. You're just a pissant who enjoys mouthing off & killing helpless babies.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
How about these people Katie..you can say all you w
ant about the Right. But S O R O S actually took all his wealth out of the US Market months before it crashed..wonder what he knew or engineered and he bragged about it I saw him..He has his huge money filled hand in every election
And his move on people are horrid imo
But they get the exemptions
And if you noticed I am using a non biased source
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoveOn.org
Actually, we were discussing, "Who do you think the power behind [who you claim is]'stopping of freedom of speech and belief...' actually is? Follow the money, Rose."

Your above commentary does not address it. But this does.

"Religious Liberty

The principle of religious liberty has become the legal tool used to make the U.S. Constitution conform to Biblical Law. To the framers of the Constitution, religious liberty was a very important principle. It meant the freedom from the tyranny of a dominant religion. They were reacting to the dominance of the Anglican Church in England at that time. Today, Religious Liberty has come to mean the freedom of one religion to impose its beliefs on others. Teacher-led school prayer in the classroom is one way to achieve religious dominance.

Arguments for "religious liberty" are borrowed from the ACLU. ACLJ Does the name in the picture remind you of a familiar organization? The ACLJ, which sounds a lot like the ACLU, is fashioned after the American Civil Liberties Union. The ACLJ was founded by Pat Robertson to fight for "Religious Liberty." Like the ACLU, the ACLJ basis its arguments on the first amendment. The Houses of Worship Political Speech Protection Act, which the ACLJ helped draft, is about "freedom of speech."

The Alliance Defense Fund is a conservative law firm specializing in First Amendment issues. The firm is representing Tom Vail, whose book promoting a Creationist version of geology is being sold at book stores in the Grand Canyon.

The Rutherford Institute is one of a number of organizations specializing in religious liberty legal cases. In 1982 John Whitehead, its founder and President said,

"the challenge of the Christian attorney is to be a vocal, dynamic spokesman for the true legal profession - the one with Christ at its center, and stop at nothing less than reclaiming the whole system."

If you read the web site of the Rutherford Institute, its mission sounds similar to the ACLU. It's not easy to know that the Rutherford Institute was tied to the Christian Reconstruction movement in it's early years, and that Rushdooney was a favorite speaker and sat on their board. Chip Berlet reports in thr Public Eye:

"The politics of the Rutherford Institute, at least until recently, represented a form of theocratic Christianity that characterizes the hard right of the evangelical world. There is little reason to believe that a change in tone means a change in the underlying philosophy."

Rushdooney’s son-in-law, Gary North, is a prolific Christian Reconstruction writer, and founder of the Institute for Christian Economics. He wrote in Christianity and Civilization, Spring, 1982, on the subject of religious liberty.

"So let us be blunt about it: we must use the doctrine of religious liberty to gain independence for Christian schools until we train up a generation of people who know that there is no religious neutrality, no neutral law, no neutral education, and no neutral civil government. Then they will get busy in constructing a Bible-based social, political and religious order which finally denies the religious liberty of the enemies of God."
http://theocracywatch.org/biblical_law2.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 282,561 - 282,580 of303,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Hartford County was issued at April 17 at 11:40AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Wethersfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
•••