Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,257
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#300832 Jun 17, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree.:o)
Anyways, how's your day going? Is it crazy hot by you?
Yes hit wet and humid ..until October unless we get those refreshing Tropical Storm or hurricane winds to cool us off. Of course by then we are huddled behind our shutters so who feels that ..

Then we have street flooding. When I was,a kid it was fun going barefoot..But geesh the cars SONETIMES all messed up with water up to the engines.

That's life in my tropical paradise..

Lol aren't you glad you asked

How's by you??

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#300833 Jun 17, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Evening "Katie!"
I couldn't agree more!
It has always been done this way.
Consider the Biblical anecdote about the prostitute who's about to be stoned by the mob, and the alleged reaction by Jesus.
It never occurs to anyone in the mob that if it wasn't for the demand, the woman would never have been in business in the first place. I've always found myself wondering why exactly prostitutes are so loathed. They're hated not only by family members of those who solicit their services(which is partially understandable,) they're also thoroughly despised by their customers--which doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Also, consider the attitudes that were so prevalent with regards to cases of rape; "well, going around dressed like that, what did she expect?" As though we're to adopt a Talibanesque society and have women wear Burka's because men are barbarians too ruled by lust to control themselves.
Try reliving the sixties..it just had to be the woman's fault.

No rape shield laws. And the girl was too damaged fir polite society even if she was a young teen.
BS. Totally

There were a lot if reasons for women's lib.. just sad that the outcome has been so many abortions.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#300834 Jun 17, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Foo. Glad you're feeling better.
Do you have a link for this? Please post it, if so.
Thanks!
Yeah, sorry, its from the Family Research Councel (a chrisitan right group) who's subsidiary is "we care" @@. Funny how these extremist groups lie.

If this link doesn't work I'll tell you how to find it via google.

http://www.google.com/url...

Location hidden

#300835 Jun 17, 2013
BTW NAP, its a PDF but its clean. I ran it through a few virus checkers first.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#300836 Jun 17, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>There are dozens of conditions for which abortion is a medical emergency, and a few dozen more which compromise a fetus so badly it would be kinder to abort, which either are not, or cannot, be detected until that point. Fetuses die in utero, and must be removed. Often that happens in the last term.
So who would you 'allow' to have an abortion if you were the one writing the laws?
See we differ on what is an abortion.

If a baby is dead you deliver or remove it..

If something is endangering the woman's,life at that stage you try to deliver and save both...killing the baby beforehand on purpose. No but if the child dies not survive delivery..then fir me that is not abortion..it is NOT the deliberate killing of her offspring..

You can use medical terms to claim they are all abortions But morally there is a huge difference.

Location hidden

#300837 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I found this..though it focuses more on gall bladder.it sounds like what that chiropractor said...And says it's for kidney also
http://www.cleansingorsurgery.com/cleansingor...
LOL I love you Rose, but I got to this part:

"Each morning or evening, do a saltwater flush or an enema to help remove toxins that are being released (see page 17). It is important to take a daily saltwater flush or enema because poisons settle in the rectum and these poisons need to be expelled from the body before they cause problems.

On the evening of the third night when you are tired and ready for bed, drink 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil or cold pressed peanut oil. Don't buy the refined oils sold in supermarkets. Natural foods stores sell unrefined oil. Chill the oil - it tastes better cold and use a straw to sip it. It is better to not let it touch the lips to minimize the unpleasantness of the oil.

Right after taking the 1/2 cup of olive oil, drink 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice. Then go directly to bed and lie down on your right side with two pillows under the right hip......"

ROFLMAO I'd rather have the surgery .......

DRINKING raw, unrefined olive oil?? Heck, I'd not only have the stone, I'd have projectile vomiting to worry about.

But I could tell J to blame you......... <<wink>>

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#300838 Jun 17, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Abortion equals killing babies, you re for abortion, you are for killing babies. CPC's help more than you will ever know, you live the culture od death which makes you blind to the truth.
Abortion does NOT equal killing babies.

I am not for abortion. I am "for" a woman's right to make her own choice regarding her own uterus and pregnancy.

I am firmly AGAINST killing babies.

CPCs may, or may not help, but they DON'T pay for the pregnancy or raising a child, which is what you tried to claim.

The is no such thing as a "culture of death".

You are the one who is blind. And brainwashed. And a liar. And a bigot.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#300839 Jun 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I love you Rose, but I got to this part:
"Each morning or evening, do a saltwater flush or an enema to help remove toxins that are being released (see page 17). It is important to take a daily saltwater flush or enema because poisons settle in the rectum and these poisons need to be expelled from the body before they cause problems.
On the evening of the third night when you are tired and ready for bed, drink 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil or cold pressed peanut oil. Don't buy the refined oils sold in supermarkets. Natural foods stores sell unrefined oil. Chill the oil - it tastes better cold and use a straw to sip it. It is better to not let it touch the lips to minimize the unpleasantness of the oil.
Right after taking the 1/2 cup of olive oil, drink 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice. Then go directly to bed and lie down on your right side with two pillows under the right hip......"
ROFLMAO I'd rather have the surgery .......
DRINKING raw, unrefined olive oil?? Heck, I'd not only have the stone, I'd have projectile vomiting to worry about.
But I could tell J to blame you......... <<wink>>
Why do you think I never got past the Apple juice part .
Who knows I might have avoided surgery..But hey you asked if anyone had a home remedy.

Now if you think I've oil sound a bad.

We routinely had cod liver oil like vitamins .

But the very very worst was CASTOR OIL...I get sick just remembering how it felt going down. Let alone the taste.

Talk about child abuse!!!! Torture!!!

I am praying for you to pass it bug after this long ..wish you could have it out ..Less painful and sadly it HAS to come out somehow .

Try the apple juice just in case..it may at least make it softer if it moves on its own

But I will ask my doc..:)
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#300841 Jun 17, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Evening "Katie!"
I couldn't agree more!
It has always been done this way.
Consider the Biblical anecdote about the prostitute who's about to be stoned by the mob, and the alleged reaction by Jesus.
It never occurs to anyone in the mob that if it wasn't for the demand, the woman would never have been in business in the first place. I've always found myself wondering why exactly prostitutes are so loathed. They're hated not only by family members of those who solicit their services(which is partially understandable,) they're also thoroughly despised by their customers--which doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Also, consider the attitudes that were so prevalent with regards to cases of rape; "well, going around dressed like that, what did she expect?" As though we're to adopt a Talibanesque society and have women wear Burka's because men are barbarians too ruled by lust to control themselves.
There is that. Poor guys... always bombarded by women walking around, freely, throwing themselves at all men all the time (tempting them) because every time a woman says please or thank you, it means she really *wants* them.

</sarcasm>

(wonder if you heard about the naked 19 year old female who left a campsite for a spiritual journey and failed to return? she had on a fanny pack and brought a knife with her in the Gifford Pinchot national forest. if something dreadful happens to her, is it her fault for not wearing clothing?)
http://abcnews.go.com/US/search-back-missing-...
eyeswideopen

Anonymous Proxy

#300842 Jun 17, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Abortion equals killing babies, you re for abortion, you are for killing babies. CPC's help more than you will ever know, you live the culture od death which makes you blind to the truth.
I don't see how anyone could conclude differently. If an abortion isn't done, the lady will deliver a baby. If it is, the lady no longer will deliver a baby. Simple logic must conclude then, that an abortion kills the baby. Yet, people still argue.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#300843 Jun 17, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Abortion stops a beating heart, abortion destroys God's Image, abortion slaughtered fifty four million Images of God. Fifty four million souls.... abortion is murder, no doubt about it. You sound more and more demonic every day.
But knit you never did answer me on where the souls of the unborn babies go.
I really do nit know current Catholic teaching.
I know what I think and believe..But Maybe I missed your answer???

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#300844 Jun 17, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>
"Abortion stops a beating heart"

So does killing that pig for your pork chops. And? It still does not equal "killing a baby".

"abortion destroys God's Image,
Your religious beliefs do not equal fact, abortion slaughtered fifty four million Images of God. Fifty four million souls...."

Your religious beliefs do not equal fact.

"abortion is murder, no doubt about it."

No, it is not.

:You sound more and more demonic every day."

No, I don't. You sound more and more like the mother in "Carrie" every day, though.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#300845 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
KATIE Quoted text>
Rose? I know women your age who were forced to put their babies up for adoption. Sold really. Told their babies had died during delivery. There is one very determined woman in a certain state who helps women who adopted out and those who were adopted. She helps to reunite people if that is what they want.
I know brothers, both adopted (sold) out of the same state in the '60s. One woman very happy to meet birth son. One woman not. First birth mom has sorta taken the other brother under her wing to lessen the feel of rejection. But we still can't force women to do something against their will with their reproductive systems.
A man's reproductive system is beholden as damn near sacred. Why not a woman's
It was the dark ages. You all have no idea what it was like.
For me I only registered and had a lady I met put my info on
Her website. INCASE he was,looking..But I went to a meeting of mostly birth moms..the stories were so much worse than mine.
Finding my son was nothing short of a miracle the way the pieces
Fell together.
As far as grieving goes the very fact that no one calls it a baby..means a woman unless she finds a group who is like her..She is not encouraged to grieve.
People barely understand what a woman who miscarried goes through.
Thankfully there are places out there that woman can find to get help when they do grieve.
Frankly for people who have women's best interest st heart..as a whole women who regret or mourn choices are given not much thought or sympathy..just saying
You are the first person who brought up anything even close to what it was like for people like me.
And I appreciate that more than you know.
Back to my old standard..CONTRACEPTION woukd save a whole lot of heartache.
And if we could force it on men waving their wands out there ..l ok me an on off switch ..woukd be fine by me.
I agree with you that contraception seems to be the ideal solution. But it is still difficult for some to get and out of reach financially.

There are many stories to tell about the good ol' days when girls/women had to hide their pregnancies or their families were ostracized. There was quite a stigma attached to premarital sex and those who participated. The double-standard against women only reinforced the stigma and men seemed to be free of consequences.

What I wonder about is how you can sometimes romanticize that period and think it was better for girls/women to be kept in the dark. Just to avoid the reality of induced abortion?

And yes, medically, abortion is pregnancy ending prior to term. The pregnancy consists of embryonic stage and fetal stage. Everyone else may think of it as a baby, but its physiology is not that of a baby, it could not survive outside the womb if not viable, and when the majority of abortions occur, it's roughly about an inch long.

Why should civil rights be usurped from the pregnant girl/woman and handed over to the embryo or fetus described above who has no awareness of its very existence?
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#300847 Jun 17, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Abortion stops a beating heart, abortion destroys God's Image, abortion slaughtered fifty four million Images of God. Fifty four million souls.... abortion is murder, no doubt about it. You sound more and more demonic every day.
Why the dramatics, Mrs. White? Especially since it's perfectly acceptable to you when God is destroying His own image with spontaneous abortion. And in higher numbers.

Hear that? Another blood clot was just flushed. Hurry and call the cops about that murder!
eyeswideopen

Anonymous Proxy

#300848 Jun 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the dramatics, Mrs. White? Especially since it's perfectly acceptable to you when God is destroying His own image with spontaneous abortion. And in higher numbers.
Hear that? Another blood clot was just flushed. Hurry and call the cops about that murder!
Wow, what hogwash!

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#300849 Jun 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you that contraception seems to be the ideal solution. But it is still difficult for some to get and out of reach financially.
There are many stories to tell about the good ol' days when girls/women had to hide their pregnancies or their families were ostracized. There was quite a stigma attached to premarital sex and those who participated. The double-standard against women only reinforced the stigma and men seemed to be free of consequences.
What I wonder about is how you can sometimes romanticize that period and think it was better for girls/women to be kept in the dark. Just to avoid the reality of induced abortion?
And yes, medically, abortion is pregnancy ending prior to term. The pregnancy consists of embryonic stage and fetal stage. Everyone else may think of it as a baby, but its physiology is not that of a baby, it could not survive outside the womb if not viable, and when the majority of abortions occur, it's roughly about an inch long.
Why should civil rights be usurped from the pregnant girl/woman and handed over to the embryo or fetus described above who has no awareness of its very existence?
There is no romanticized here just history.

Imo abortion should never have become a part of our fight fir equality .
However you want to word it . A woman is ending the human life if her own offspring.

And had we stuck to prevention that became available shortly before Roe this country woukd have been much better off and certainly less divided.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#300852 Jun 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh on cost. Women that poor can't afford an abortion ..how do they do that.

Sorry but women on aid that I know of pay about 5 $

And condoms are available everywhere. If men did not get such a free pass with abortion..And we scared them with graphic I mages of what STDS,look like on their precious packages..They might have learned long before this to use the darn things much more.

The gross overuse of elective
Abortion lets every one off the hook in the responsibility dept..imo
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#300853 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually know,a good one. And they do help women who either keep their babies or are giving them for adoption.
Clothes baby supplies..counselling.
A lot of girls..women feel less alone at a rough time in their lives
Knowing they have someplace to go and can meet others like themselves
I wish there had been such s place 50 years ago..thank God I had my mom to visit me and my doc had gotten me a nanny job.
Had to actually move out if my house so grammar would not know..
I really think they do good work.
Having a baby is never a problem.
Someone gives women these ideas.
Men are too childish to be parents.
Women are responsible and will always want their baby.
Movies of a teen giving her baby away while she
sings and plays the guitar with the father are dumb.
How can anyone give away their own flesh and blood?
I will never forget the abuse I have seen in daycare.

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

#300854 Jun 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
There is that. Poor guys... always bombarded by women walking around, freely, throwing themselves at all men all the time (tempting them) because every time a woman says please or thank you, it means she really *wants* them.
</sarcasm>
(wonder if you heard about the naked 19 year old female who left a campsite for a spiritual journey and failed to return? she had on a fanny pack and brought a knife with her in the Gifford Pinchot national forest. if something dreadful happens to her, is it her fault for not wearing clothing?)
http://abcnews.go.com/US/search-back-missing-...
I had not--thanks for the link.
That's an odd story to say the least however, scrolling down to the comments section below, it seems that attitudes haven't changed much at all have they?

I suppose that if someone wants to "be-at-one-with-nature, " nakedness might be way to more closely "connect," but I do think her judgement is rather questionable...

That said, your question is a good one.
There's something to be said for "tempting fate."

Ultimately though, if she were to suffer some horrible fate at the hands of some testosterone-fueled, grunting "male(s)," I'd lay the blame solely on him(them.) It's his-their responsibility to control themselves.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#300855 Jun 17, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Look it up in the Catholic catechism, google it.
I did and still don't know. Glad they are more open on it than when I was there.

What do you personally believe.

I think there is,maybe a special plan for these souls ..th as t only Jesus knows. I have my thoughts .But I believe they are definitely with Him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 40 min John Galt 1,126,129
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr La Carmencita 70,068
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Friv4games 47,494
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,646
Hanover Park Teen Charged In Weekend Stabbing (Jun '09) 8 hr rip dynce 45
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Pastor LDM 19,381
Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first... (Feb '09) Tue Jonah1 16,148
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match

Wethersfield Jobs

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]