Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313925 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#300895 Jun 18, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact remains a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion. It's not about "using" anything except the proper terminology, which YOU seem unable to understand and accept.
Morally, you can believe what you want, but understand that what you believe is not the standard for all.
Not intentionally killing innocent human beings is the standard for all. Only sociopaths support dismembering & executing baby humans in utero.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#300896 Jun 18, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact remains a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion. It's not about "using" anything except the proper terminology, which YOU seem unable to understand and accept.
Morally, you can believe what you want, but understand that what you believe is not the standard for all.
Spontaneous abortion v. Induced abortion.

Grandma dies naturally from heart attack v. FFJ blows grandma's head off w/ a 12-gauge shot gun.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#300897 Jun 18, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's your opinion abortion has torn the country apart.
It's my opinion the Religious Right as egged on this issue for 40 plus years and increased its pressures the last few while pushing for a theocracy in the USA.
So while you and others focus on developing embryos and fetuses and fight for anti-abortion "rights" (which every female already has, so it's redundant), the Religious Right is busy putting their money into politicians' pockets and chipping away at the middle class, the programs put in place to protect us from the government and big business, and social safety nets. The Religious Right is busy trying to privatize everything so it's run by Christians.
Guess that's all good, if you're Christian. But we are a secular nation with people of different backgrounds and different faiths. And since you can't please everybody all the time, isn't it better to please nobody at all? As in all faiths can be represented on federal and state ground or none at all during their celebratory months.
What does fighting to stop self-absorbed psychopaths like you from executing defenseless babies have to do w/ religion?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#300898 Jun 18, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. If we put it on a t-shirt, it would look like this:
Unwanted Motherhood = ENSLAVEMENT
OceanSeaweed: Unwanted Motherhood = ENSLAVEMENT
________

We all know what brings about pregnancy.

Even though you pretend not to know, I'm sure you do.

Besides, ever hear of adoption? Isn't that a choice a "prochoicer" supports? Why don't you ever promote that choice? Hmmmm?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#300899 Jun 18, 2013
The only referrals CPC's make are to welfare offices; they get the pregnant woman signed up, and that's it.
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Referrals will NOT pay for the pregnancy and raising a child afterward, and the referrals themselves are NOT the CPC paying anything, Liar.
What do I do? I contribute to charities that help women and their children, and I volunteer with an organization that provides goods and services to pregnant and mothering teens. Still, that is NOT paying for these things, which you want to pretend CPCs do. They don't.
I don't want to kill anyone, especially babies. You're a lying sack of sh*t.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#300901 Jun 18, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The only referrals CPC's make are to welfare offices; they get the pregnant woman signed up, and that's it.
<quoted text>
And they do help with counselling for both parents sometimes. And give baby supplies big and small that they can use.

And give advice and referrals fir adoption.

The big thing to me was,that they can meet others in their shoes.

That would have been a real blessing in my time.

Indianapolis

#300902 Jun 18, 2013
The only one I know involves a full moon and a goat; it's not for all tastes. But I did find these:
http://www.ehow.com/way_5494319_kidney-stones...
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Went to the doc. And apparently paid them $350 for an xray that told me what I already knew, the stone is still there. LOL Yay. Next I go on the 25th, and if its still there then, I go for a surgery where they will remove it manually. Its in a position where it can't be "blasted", so literally manually it is. Its laproscopic, but y'know, surgery is surgery and I want to avoid it if I can.
Anyone know any old home remedies to make that sucker come out?

Indianapolis

#300903 Jun 18, 2013
The irony is how the women who don't regret their abortions are treated here. They keep trying to create guilt because they think every such woman should be a quivering mass of regret.

But, c'mon....we all know there are only 50 shades of gray.
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I can HONESTLY say I've never seen anyone that's PC treat a woman badly that regretted their abortion. Never.
As we've seen some of the phonies come here and pretend they are still having horrors about it decades later - those people - IF the exist - have much more serious mental and emotional issues than just having an abortion decades before.
I've dealt with women that have regrets, huge ones - mainly the women I've worked with in the jail - the ones that truly want to change their lives in particular seem to have the most regrets. That said however, I've NEVER met one that's been debilitated by having had one years later. I've also met women in the same places who were thankful they had abortions - they know the babies they'd have had would have likely had terrible outcomes because of their lifestyles at the time.
As I've always said, its NOT a black and white issue, the shades of gray are endless.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#300904 Jun 18, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The only one I know involves a full moon and a goat; it's not for all tastes. But I did find these:
http://www.ehow.com/way_5494319_kidney-stones...
<quoted text>
She was none to happy with mine ..Lol

A kind of holistic chiro gave it to me but I industries the drinking Apple juice part ..the rest was yukkkk

Indianapolis

#300907 Jun 18, 2013
So every pregnancy carries to term? No miscarriages or stillborns in your world?

There's something called "intelligence." Get some.
eyeswideopen wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see how anyone could conclude differently. If an abortion isn't done, the lady will deliver a baby. If it is, the lady no longer will deliver a baby. Simple logic must conclude then, that an abortion kills the baby. Yet, people still argue.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#300908 Jun 18, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The irony is how the women who don't regret their abortions are treated here. They keep trying to create guilt because they think every such woman should be a quivering mass of regret.
But, c'mon....we all know there are only 50 shades of gray.
<quoted text>
I don't deny at all some women do not have regrets or mourn.
And I would never condemn a woman who had one.
I know the desperation.

But by our very nature we are emotional..And in the short term there are physical and emotional changes from cutting short a pregnancy.

And by our nature we may carry another child ..which can most definitely bring up memories we want to suppress.

And all humans sometimes regret decisions.

I just can't see why it is so hard to believe that many women can carry a scar from abortion
It's nit a haircut.

Much more serious..And sorry but there seems to be little sympathy for them or their mourning.

Like they are traitors for that regret.

We are not cars on an assembly line..all different in how we react ..either long or shirt term

Indianapolis

#300909 Jun 18, 2013
Ooohhh....little miss font of catholicism doesn't know!
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Look it up in the Catholic catechism, google it.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#300910 Jun 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know darn well there is a difference between a deliberate act ending a life and a miscarriage.
You can call it anything you want..your organization's can change their names.
And frankly since this is usually a serious forum we can at least acknowledge the points you know we make and nit get so much into semantics.
Imo
Of course I know the difference, but they both are abortions. The "semantics" matter when people try to change our laws without addressing this fact. It matters when idiots and radical fundies say that "abortion is evil". I

So, you can think of abortion however you want, but the fact remains that spontaneous abortions are still abortions.

Indianapolis

#300911 Jun 18, 2013
Today's special: Word salad.

Having a baby can be a problem on many levels--economic, physical, professional, etc. Women are certainly able to see their OWN problems without outside help.

Many people are too immature to be good parents; doesn't stop them, though. And everyone else has to deal with their failures.

Many girls give away kids they know they cannot raise properly. Many girls are persuaded to give away kids as well.

Daycare is an entirely different subject.
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Having a baby is never a problem.
Someone gives women these ideas.
Men are too childish to be parents.
Women are responsible and will always want their baby.
Movies of a teen giving her baby away while she
sings and plays the guitar with the father are dumb.
How can anyone give away their own flesh and blood?
I will never forget the abuse I have seen in daycare.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#300912 Jun 18, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Not intentionally killing innocent human beings is the standard for all. Only sociopaths support dismembering & executing baby humans in utero.
I guess your god is a sociopath for killing all of those fetuses. Go complain to your god for his executions.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#300913 Jun 18, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Spontaneous abortion v. Induced abortion.
Grandma dies naturally from heart attack v. FFJ blows grandma's head off w/ a 12-gauge shot gun.
Both are abortions. Deal with it, wacko.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#300914 Jun 18, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
OceanSeaweed: Unwanted Motherhood = ENSLAVEMENT
We all know what brings about pregnancy.
Even though you pretend not to know, I'm sure you do.
Besides, ever hear of adoption? Isn't that a choice a "prochoicer" supports? Why don't you ever promote that choice? Hmmmm?
How many have you adopted?? Or ate you just full of big talk & llittle action.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#300915 Jun 18, 2013
Are*

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#300916 Jun 18, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I know the difference, but they both are abortions. The "semantics" matter when people try to change our laws without addressing this fact. It matters when idiots and radical fundies say that "abortion is evil". I
So, you can think of abortion however you want, but the fact remains that spontaneous abortions are still abortions.
And legislators are just lining up to outlaw miscarriages??

Semantics.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#300917 Jun 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no desire fir a theocracy . I have a great disrespect for big daddy fed trying to control us through the IRS..And into reporters and our mails and other things.
Now its the TEA party and Pro Israel groups..So it's ok???
Hobbling them BEFIRE an election
There is an old poem with several versions. We should take it to heart ..We are all neighbors..the last thing you should fear in this is a theocracy..it would be contrary to the Constitution.
But these intrusions now..into ordinary. Non terrorist citizens who may not agree with this administration. are horrid .
But hey we like this administration. So it's ok????
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came
Am familiar with that... but apply it to the Religious Right. These evangelists are not what they appear to be. That's why they're referred to as talibangelists.

I first became aware of the Religious Right during the Terri Schiavo fiasco. Have done a lot of research on it. The two people connected to Roe of Roe v Wade are the same two connected to the late Mrs. Schiavo's parents/families. Randall Terry, formerly of Operation Rescue, and Father Pavone,(might be formerly) of Priests for Life.

These people are not good, Rose. And claim everything they do is in the name of God, of Jesus. You seem to doubt what I write, but it is easily backed up with just a smidgeon of a Google or Bing search.

So, yeah, first they came... and everyone focused on developing embryos and fetuses while ignoring the dismantling of all they'd known since the end of WWII.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Realtime 1,520,888
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Sat Lavon affair 71,283
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Sat Patty Myers 8,138
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Apr 21 Fitus T Bluster 20,971
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Apr 20 Patriot AKA Bozo 63,620
News Five Key Points From Hartford's Budget Proposal Apr 19 IdiotCamp 1
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Apr 18 Chastity Veasley 48

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages