Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309954 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#298239 May 28, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Its always been known to be ten per cent.
What part of there is no official church requirement of tithing didn't you understand? Unless I missed it, there is no requirement to tithe nor is there a set amount to tithe. 10% is the norm that folks tithe but again, it is not required and if a person cannot tithe 10% then they give what they can give.
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>And your money from tithing doesn't go to scumbags, you are by the way putting down and calling men who are chosen by Christ to follow Him scumbags, you call your own uncle a scumbag and pervert indirectly.

For Good Lord's sake, learn to read. Move your lips if you have to. Ask a child if necessary. Allow me to quote myself...
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not want my money being used to defend scumbag child molesters.
Please point out where I said ALL servants of God, including my uncle, are child molesters. If you wish to concoct imaginary things in your mind, feel free HOWEVER do NOT attribute that to me as it sure as hell isn't in that sentence so don't add to which is NOT written.
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>
You bear false witness towards a group of holy men, you are persecuting them.
It's a proven fact that some men of the church did molest children. Some were successfully prosecuted. If you wish to believe that's bearing false witness, you're free to believe whatever you wish.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#298240 May 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are kissing on me being mistaken. If so sorry. But Lari posted a whole lot of links from knit including that nasty from Colorado something. Isn't sassy knit. She keeps posting the same with 2nsmes today from the same town in New York. Then she tells someone while using the sassy name that sassy is great.
I. Lol thought actually the whole lot of them wets knit.
And si told her and prince I eoykd not answer any post any more. Got too heavy on my spirit all three msliscious garbage and attacking ladilu ..and me. Posting to her is really nit good for my soul. She wont listen
But lol I thought sassylicious was her ..lol
Its like watching sybil
Sassy is not Knit. She's a totally different poster. She lives in New York. Knit lives in Nebraska but her ISP changes depending on what type of device she's typing on. Knit is currently posting as "Persnickety".
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#298241 May 28, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Johnboy..how the heck are ya? Not sure what to make of Rose today. She is acting not her usual self. But I suppose she mistaken me for someone else.
Thanks for your concern Mr Concerned citizen. You're the bezt.
Ok so you are not knit? You are someone else??

I sm do sorry then for that post about thinking you were. Posted to someone roar because I am tired of this paramour feud with knit who is convinced I am not me ..and for 3 days now all her names. Including persnikety who uoubderm friends with..
lol. I thought you were posting yo yourself..

So anyway sorry if you arr not knit.

Did you used to be another name JM s long time ago!!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#298242 May 28, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Johnboy..how the heck are ya? Not sure what to make of Rose today. She is acting not her usual self. But I suppose she mistaken me for someone else.
Thanks for your concern Mr Concerned citizen. You're the bezt.
"Darling," I'm simply ecstatic that you appreciate my efforts as much as you do!
Indeed, that tells me they have not been wasted and that I'm fulfilling my proper "role" here...I do what I can.

<<shrugs>>

;)
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#298243 May 28, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Sassy is not Knit. She's a totally different poster. She lives in New York. Knit lives in Nebraska but her ISP changes depending on what type of device she's typing on. Knit is currently posting as "Persnickety".
Lol
I JUST APOLOGIZED. I knew persnikry wad knit and I wont post to her ..but. lol they both had the same location and were posting to each other. I thought she had finally started posting to herself.

I sm do embarrassed. I think si associated. SASSY name with a Sassy JM I think.
do I thought knit coopted it.

Geesh

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#298244 May 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
I JUST APOLOGIZED. I knew persnikry wad knit and I wont post to her ..but. lol they both had the same location and were posting to each other. I thought she had finally started posting to herself.
I sm do embarrassed. I think si associated. SASSY name with a Sassy JM I think.
do I thought knit coopted it.
Geesh
Sassy used to go by Sassy JM as well. They're one and the same.:o)

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#298245 May 28, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
"Darling," I'm simply ecstatic that you appreciate my efforts as much as you do!
Indeed, that tells me they have not been wasted and that I'm fulfilling my proper "role" here...I do what I can.
<<shrugs>>
;)
Hi John-K, long time no see.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#298246 May 28, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> huh?
Really really sorry again if I mistook you fro knit ..see last post.
you I will post to.
Unless you are part of this paramour feud she has with me
I thought knit had appropriated sassy from Sassy JM ..who I think once was Sweet JM.

Whatever if you are not her I apologize. If you read beck to yesterday you may understand.

Location hidden

#298247 May 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are kissing on me being mistaken. If so sorry. But Lari posted a whole lot of links from knit including that nasty from Colorado something. Isn't sassy knit. She keeps posting the same with 2nsmes today from the same town in New York. Then she tells someone while using the sassy name that sassy is great.
And si told her and prince I eoykd not answer any post any more. Got too heavy on my spirit all three msliscious garbage and attacking ladilu ..and me. Posting to her is really nit good for my soul. She wont listen
Its like watching sybil
Good evening "Rose!"

I've "genuinely" enjoyed reading this post of yours!
Did "Madame Kindle" happen to write this one...?

;P

Okay, I realize you've been rather overwhelmed by some of the "negative" posts/responses you've received/replied to in the past 24 hours.
Completely understandable--you've taken a pounding from no less than four of perhaps the most merciless R-T-L folks who populate this thread from time to time.
Yes, they are four distinct, different posters; "Knit--and her "sock-puppets," "The Prince--A.K.A. Tom-Tom," "NR," and now, "Sassafrass," which is what I've chosen to call our "Sassy-JM."

No, "Sassy" isn't "Knit," and neither of them are "The Prince/Tom-Tom." Nor are any of those three "NR."

I know it's confusing but, if you hang around long enough, you'll learn to recognize them.
It may seem depressing now, but believe it or not, posters on this thread, PC and PL, can have thoughtful, engaging conversations.
I'll admit, it seems like a rarity--especially lately--but it can, and does happen.
You just have to be patient.

BTW, I thought "Sybill" was one of Sally Field's best performances!

Best,

JK.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#298248 May 28, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
<<shrugs>>
;)
Lol is my face red. Not good at my age...thanks to you and Michell's clearing it up. Honestly thought she was listing to herself as persnikety. And then answering. Oh my
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#298250 May 28, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Sassy used to go by Sassy JM as well. They're one and the same.:o)
And Sweet JM.???.

Really thought knit had used the sassy part for one of her alter. That's what happens I guess. But my bad.

Hey Ai remembered the JM part lol..there is that..

Location hidden

#298252 May 28, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi John-K, long time no see.
Good evening "Sue!"

Indeed it has been a long time my friend.
Always a pleasure to "see" you!

:)

How've you been?
Woodsy Owl

Mooresville, NC

#298253 May 28, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> WOOOOOOOO are you?
LOL (pun intended)
I'm not only sweet, I am funny
You keep telling yourself that, because nobody else will.
Ah gagagga
What the hell is that? Sounds like you're constipated.
Come on cowardly lion, fess up.
There are three undercover right now. I have a sneakin suspicion who two of you are. I bet that I am correct too.
I'm not under any cover at all. Unil a month or so ago, its been a very long time since I've last posted here, well over 2 years now. Same location, different name. In fact, if paid attention over just the last two days, you'd know.

You bet on a lot that you lose from what I've seen. If you guess correctly, I'll tell you. Here's a hint, its NOT Rumplestiltskin.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#298254 May 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Its like watching sybil
Yesterday I caught on to wow..razz ..and persnikety. Being knit.
NR posted different and so does prince.

Told both knit/persnikety. And Prince I was done feuding..thought. lol it drove her to post to herself. Lol

And yes Madame is at it. Sorry.

And Sally Field was amazing. I had never seen anyone as evil as her mother ..poor thing..Sybil.

Thanks do much fir clearing things up..lol. sort of.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#298255 May 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And Sweet JM.???.
Really thought knit had used the sassy part for one of her alter. That's what happens I guess. But my bad.
Hey Ai remembered the JM part lol..there is that..
Sweet Jm is Sassy as well. Now, she just posts as Sassy or some variation of Sassy.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#298256 May 28, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening "Sue!"
Indeed it has been a long time my friend.
Always a pleasure to "see" you!
:)
How've you been?
Life is good. Gosnell is permanently behind bars so he won't be killing any more women and babies. That makes me very happy.
Woodsy Owl

Mooresville, NC

#298257 May 28, 2013
persnickety wrote:
Take your pre-tax income.
Round it to the nearest thousand.
Then take off the last three zeros. For example, a person making $40,000 annually would take off the last three zeros and be left with $40.
This is the amount you should be giving every week, if you are giving 5% back to God through your parish.
You would also want to be giving the same amount – the other 5%– to other charities that are important to you, such as schools, hospitals, social service agencies, missions, religious orders, etc.
If you’re not sure the formula works check the math. 5% of $40,000 is $2000. Divide by 50 weeks.(Easier and quicker than 52 weeks.) You would give $40 a week.
You can also check on your tithing level every year as you complete your income tax. It’s easy to calculate. Divide your total charitable contributions for the last year by your gross income for that year. Move the decimal point over two places and that is your percent of giving. So if your answer is .0346, you are returning 3.5% of your income to God. If you are not happy with the number, plan ways to increase your giving.
Not sure what website you stole that from, but it certainy wasn't the bible or any Vatican sanctioned website.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#298258 May 28, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> God gives life, God takes life. He creates us all and yet..our earthly bodies are here on earth a very limited time according to his will. Some are created and die immediately after, while some may live for 6 months in utero, while others may live for a year aoutside the womb, while other til only their 20th birthday. My Grandma...well she was to be on this planet for next to a hundred years :)
I have no say or doing in that "sweetheart".
How weird that you would think that *I*....sweet sassy...was God
LOL
SassyJM isn't God. How weird that you *would* assume somebody would think so. LOL

:-/

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#298259 May 28, 2013
persnickety wrote:
Take your pre-tax income.
Round it to the nearest thousand.
Then take off the last three zeros. For example, a person making $40,000 annually would take off the last three zeros and be left with $40.
This is the amount you should be giving every week, if you are giving 5% back to God through your parish.
You would also want to be giving the same amount – the other 5%– to other charities that are important to you, such as schools, hospitals, social service agencies, missions, religious orders, etc.
If you’re not sure the formula works check the math. 5% of $40,000 is $2000. Divide by 50 weeks.(Easier and quicker than 52 weeks.) You would give $40 a week.
You can also check on your tithing level every year as you complete your income tax. It’s easy to calculate. Divide your total charitable contributions for the last year by your gross income for that year. Move the decimal point over two places and that is your percent of giving. So if your answer is .0346, you are returning 3.5% of your income to God. If you are not happy with the number, plan ways to increase your giving.
“Then he said to the crowd,‘Take care to guard against all greed, for though one may be rich, one’s life does not consist of possessions.’”- Luke 12:15
Knit, that still does not change the fact that tithing is not required by the church nor is there a set amount that one must tithe. What you've posted is from this website that explains tithing, and while it does say it's necessary it does not say it's required, and it helps folks figure out how much to tithe based on their income and how to break it down on a weekly basis.

http://archstl.org/stewardship/page/faqs-abou...
Katie

Auburn, WA

#298260 May 28, 2013
Woodsy Owl wrote:
<quoted text> You keep telling yourself that, because nobody else will.
<quoted text> What the hell is that? Sounds like you're constipated.
<quoted text>
I'm not under any cover at all. Unil a month or so ago, its been a very long time since I've last posted here, well over 2 years now. Same location, different name. In fact, if paid attention over just the last two days, you'd know.
You bet on a lot that you lose from what I've seen. If you guess correctly, I'll tell you. Here's a hint, its NOT Rumplestiltskin.
I'm just watching the show... I figure a lot of folks know who you are... and are just watching the show, too :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,235,049
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min ritedownthemiddle 53,544
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Samuel-7g-Jackson 19,932
News Police say Conn. pastor's shooting may be linke... Thu Reverend Alan 12
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Thu TRD 70,035
News Protesters Fight Deportation of Army Veteran Fr... Wed Mag 1
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) May 26 hrichard91 37
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]