Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 346300 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#298438 May 29, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
"Michelle!"
Always a pleasure to "see" you again my friend!
:)
Of course I know full-well whom I'm talking to and, more importantly, know that it's ultimately wasted bandwidth and borders on "thread-jacking" here.
That said, I can't quite seem to allow myself to feel as negatively towards her as I happen to towards a couple of others; there's something "wrong" upstairs with her that I'm not sure is entirely her fault.
No, I'm not saying this in any attempt to "excuse" some of her behavior on here, which--I think we can practically all agree--has been deplorable, to say the least...
However, I think she's utterly convinced that she's in the "right," and that anyone, or anything that contradicts what she believes to be "correct" is utterly "evil."
I don't know if it was her upbringing, or this strange "revisionist" strand of Catholicism she's subscribed to, or perhaps a combination of factors. All in all, I think we can agree that there's something rather "amiss" with her synaptic connections...
Did it again didn't I lol. Also was talking about the alias lady nit sassy. Rotf...She is your houseplants I agree. And I really was trying to allow for the asceticism and other consideration..but she knows who I am more than I do..for 60 plus years I have been Rose..Lol.But she has this crazy notion and sorry but Just decided I cannot post to her..

So hey your not related to anyone lolololololol
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#298439 May 29, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny you mention that. We had a HUGE debate about the "moral" difference between using natural and artificial methods of birth control. Some folks feel that using natural methods is more "moral" because it means you're "open to life". I think that's a crock of shit because if one is truly "open to life" then they wouldn't use ANY method of birth control at all and truly leave it in Gods hands. Not to mention, just because a couple uses artificial methods of birth control does NOT mean they aren't "open to life" and the implication with that is they would choose abortion if pregnancy occurred and that's false.
Personally speaking, I have used both natural and artificial methods of birth control. Neither method had any influence on my behavior as I was never promiscuous, I've never had an abortion(artificial methods failed resulting in pregnancy which I carried to term), never had STD's and I've been in a long term monogamous relationship. Not only that, I've always felt that if my method of birth control failed, regardless if it was natural or artificial, and pregnancy occurred then I'd be having another child.
Here's a few interesting websites on the subject of the "morality" on natural vs artificial methods of birth control...
http://revising.tripod.com/fallacies.htm
www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/42_NFP.pdf
Will look thanks. My point was that the only thing in the bible about controlling conception itself was telling the the Jews to have sex when a woman was fertile.. the opposite of the rhythm method.

I do feel God telling them He knit them in the womb was saying not to mess with them once thusly got there but that is a different subject.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#298440 May 29, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny you mention that. We had a HUGE debate about the "moral" difference between using natural and artificial methods of birth control. Some folks feel that using natural methods is more "moral" because it means you're "open to life". I think that's a crock of shit because if one is truly "open to life" then they wouldn't use ANY method of birth control at all and truly leave it in Gods hands. Not to mention, just because a couple uses artificial methods of birth control does NOT mean they aren't "open to life" and the implication with that is they would choose abortion if pregnancy occurred and that's false.
Personally speaking, I have used both natural and artificial methods of birth control. Neither method had any influence on my behavior as I was never promiscuous, I've never had an abortion(artificial methods failed resulting in pregnancy which I carried to term), never had STD's and I've been in a long term monogamous relationship. Not only that, I've always felt that if my method of birth control failed, regardless if it was natural or artificial, and pregnancy occurred then I'd be having another child.
Here's a few interesting websites on the subject of the "morality" on natural vs artificial methods of birth control...
http://revising.tripod.com/fallacies.htm
www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/42_NFP.pdf
Gave me a headache 3/4 way through..Sorry it's like the Church on divorce bad /annulment ok..Teddy Kennedy's wife after having those kids he can go to the church and diminished to marry someone else..sorry.
Dont get it at all.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#298441 May 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read back to Monday. She and Prince and NR and 3Of her names were relentlessly after me. She cannot get it through her head that I sm not pup c . Or that I am. Christian or that I sm NOT prosbortion.
She hes been after me for it for 3 weeks noe since I came back. About your Sassylicious name. I swear I thought she was splicing your Sassy JM which I also remembered yo get me to post to her.
That morning I gave her a long post telling her how I felt it would be basically bad to keep up a stupid feud and sinful. So I EOUKD NO LONGER post yo her.
Thought she started posting to herself. Sash to persnikety.
I HOPE YOU READ THIS WHOLE POST and understand I feel really bad on this . As you were always polite to me in the past.
Never "was after you". Not my style. I defend the rights of unborn babies from brutal destruction by the proabortion pagans. I cut through their word games and get to the point. They hate me for it, to bad. I am not fooled by their silly attempts to convince me as a Christian to surrender my beliefs to their watered down secular idea of Christian faith that is OK with killing unborn children. You get along with them fine, that is your business. I have stated that as a Christian one cannot accept their views of God and life.
They are vile, hateful and disingenuous. they hate Christians and Christianity. I guess you are OK with the old "feces for Jesus" call lime. How about your buddy foofool calling Christ, "jeebus". Ok with that? If so, good for you. Bad for Christians but good for you.

So let me politely ask you if you agree with the choice of a woman to have an abortion?
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#298442 May 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If I could have my way there woukd be no elective abortions..there also would be no more unwanted pregnancies..And so many other things in this world that I think are wrong.
If I had power over the Supreme Court and a time machine I'd never pass it
Too much negative effect..too many babies gone..too much division in the country and too much damage to women!!!!
If not for ROE women's rights would have centered on prevention...And woukd be used WAY more than it is!!! I sincerely believe this.
Overturning Roe would take a miracle. If so great... Barring that we live in the real world so my original post on that question applies..prevention.
seems you are stirring up colons again asking the same thing over and over...That is my last answer!!!!
Agree with all your sentiments but you never really answered her question. Almost sounds the same as bitters answer and she is an avowed proabortion pagan.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#298443 May 29, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
And now a word from the CC religious nutfcks:
Of the three commonly performed procedures for addressing ectopic pregnancies, two raise significant moral concerns while the third is morally acceptable.
The first procedure involves a drug called methotrexate, which targets the most rapidly growing cells of the embryo, especially the placenta-like cells which attach the early embryo to the wall of the tube. Some have suggested that methotrexate might preferentially target these placenta-like cells, distinct from the rest of the embryo, so that it could be seen as "indirectly" ending the life of the embryo. Others, however, have noted that these placenta-like cells are in fact a part of the embryo itself (being produced by the embryo, not by the mother), so that the use of methotrexate actually targets a vital organ of the embryo, resulting in his or her death. A significant number of Catholic moralists hold that the use of methotrexate is not morally permissible, because it constitutes a direct attack on the growing child in the tube, and involves a form of direct abortion.
Another morally problematic technique involves cutting along the length of the fallopian tube where the child is embedded and "scooping out" the living body of the child, who dies shortly thereafter. The tube can then be sutured back up. This approach, like the use of methotrexate, leaves the fallopian tube largely intact for possible future pregnancies, but also raises obvious moral objections because it likewise directly causes the death of the child.
Interestingly, both procedures are normally presented to patients exclusive of any moral considerations. They are framed strictly as the means to assure the least damage possible to the mother's reproductive system. Many doctors will admit, however, that these techniques usually leave the fallopian tube scarred, increasing the chances of yet another tubal pregnancy by setting up the conditions for the occurrence to happen again.
We may never directly take the life of an innocent human being, though we may sometimes tolerate the indirect and unintended loss of life that comes with trying to properly address a life-threatening medical situation.
About half of the cases of tubal pregnancy will resolve on their own, with the embryo being naturally lost without the need for any intervention. When an ectopic pregnancy does not resolve by itself, a morally acceptable approach would involve removal of the whole section of the tube on the side of the woman's body where the unborn child is lodged. Although this results in reduced fertility for the woman, the section of tube around the growing child has clearly become pathological, and constitutes a mounting threat with time. This threat is addressed by removal of the tube, with the secondary, and unintended, effect that the child within will then die.
We may never directly take the life of an innocent human being, though we may sometimes tolerate the indirect and unintended loss of life that comes with trying to properly address a life-threatening medical situation.
http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/med...
Whatever works worst for the woman works best for the religious NUTS!!
Tell us how much you hated being pregnant. Not everyone read about it he first 3000 times you posted it.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#298444 May 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why you're such a shitty communicator.
<quoted text>
The language, words, means and modes of speech you would use in a jail or in the inner city, is NOT the same way you'd speak to people like Madeline Albright or other well educated, intellectual people. No, its not "special" language, but it IS different.
That's likely a big part of why you're such a failure. You talk down to everyone, you dont know HOW to speak to others as an equal becasue you think you're so superior.
<quoted text> No Skanky, that would be YOU.
<quoted text>
There is nothing disrespectful about speaking to someone on a level they are capable of understanding you stupid jackwit.
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO Skanky, I haven't been a "druggie" in over 22 years, so you can fk yourself with that garbage. And yes, I bounced a few checks almost 25 years ago now, I broke the law. Paid my debt to the person I bounced them on AND to society.
What does any of THAT have to do with the ability to speak to many different kinds of people EFFECTIVELY (keyword there for Skanky - the stupid bitch) on many different socio-economic levels?
YES Skankdawg, one DOES need to alter their language if they want to be EFFECTIVE in communicating.
Tell ya what Skankdawg, I'm going to be in NY tomorrow and Friday. Come to Jacob Javits center. I'll meet you outside at 9 AM. I'll be wearing a yellow Polo. Lets see if I can effectively speak to you with the bitchslap you so richly deserve.
<<TIC>> of course.
" I'll be wearing a yellow Polo." Didn't know they made those in 2XL flannel shirts. Did you tell them to look for the shemale with the mohawk and biker boots? Must be a militant lesnain meeting on recruiting young girls. Then a night of wild scissoring.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#298445 May 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since no other doctors are murdering women and children as Gosnell did, its not an issue.
Can you BE any more stupid hyperbolic Skanky? Silly me, of COURSE you can.
I hope not, but just because they haven't been caught/charged doesn't mean it's not happening. Look at how long Gosnell was allowed to continue, and right under the noses of the authorities and the NAF.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#298446 May 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Good. GEtting ready to leave for NYC in an hour! Long drive but REALLY looking forward to the confrences!
Have a safe and fun trip!!!
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#298447 May 29, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope not, but just because they haven't been caught/charged doesn't mean it's not happening. Look at how long Gosnell was allowed to continue, and right under the noses of the authorities and the NAF.
I agree and its unfortunate because its the fallout of all the politics surrounding this issue.

This in authority afraid even to make inspections. Late term abortions done under the table and poor facilities and no one even inspecting

One mother here went and got those larks sticks ..came back in active laborious. The baby came out in a chair alive. The mother was screaming to save it. No doctor there even. The administrator picks up the breathing baby and puts it in a garbage bag in the dumpster.

Medical examiner confirmed it had breathed on its own..that clinic had gone on for years. God only knows what their other patients experienced.

Gosnell was do bad he didn't even bother with attempting abortions at the end.he had been sued for hurting women's insides ..do he just delivered them and killed them.

Another. Doctor foes some procedure on 24weekers that founds like it turns then to slush over a three day period. These are viable babies. And then the testimony here kn Fla from some official that BORN BABIES during an abortion its up yo the mom if they let them live.

How far have we fallen as a nation when for politics sake we let these things go on. Its cruel and mean.
Gosnell may have been an out and out serial killer but he is not alone I sm sure kn operating outside the law and decency. Imo

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#298448 May 30, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us how much you hated being pregnant. Not everyone read about it he first 3000 times you posted it.
Whats the matter Princess? Does my telling others that I had a troubled painful pregnancy and hated being pregnant bother you? Afraid of the truth? Doesn't quite fit your submissive subservient expectations of women? Women are just suppose to suck it up as second class citizens according to your religious beliefs??

Now I will ask you again you misogynistic brainwashed freak....tell us about your pregnancy Princess.

We are waiting...tell us all about it! We want your first hand experience!

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#298449 May 30, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm well taking it all out and removing the all the scarred and unhealthy tissue of both seem safer. Than waiting to target cells...
Not leaving unhealthy tissue..the thing is its painful. Badly so and the baby probably dead any way..Imo. Fastest way out. Safest for mom.
And I'm pro life..But this pregnancy won't survive no master what
Having major surgery is not the safest way. Given a choice i would choose the medication. I have known quite a few women to have ectopic pregnancies. If caught in time the medication is the safest and most effective. I certainly would not want my or my daughters treatment based on fetus worshipping religious nut case ideas that renders the woman secondary.

Lets put it this way Rose. Say the fetus worshippers became sperm worshippers (not far fetched, check history) and sperm was considered sacred. A man has a testicle issue and proceeds to a hospital that worships sperm. There is a medication available but they consider killing sperm an abomination in the face of their sperm loving god. The only method they will use to rectify the medical condition is to remove the testicle so the sperm dies naturally. How fast do you think the man would speed out of that sperm worshipping facility if he could? Should the man be given a choice or at the mercy of the sperm worshippers?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#298450 May 30, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Having major surgery is not the safest way. Given a choice i would choose the medication. I have known quite a few women to have ectopic pregnancies. If caught in time the medication is the safest and most effective. I certainly would not want my or my daughters treatment based on fetus worshipping religious nut case ideas that renders the woman secondary.
Lets put it this way Rose. Say the fetus worshippers became sperm worshippers (not far fetched, check history) and sperm was considered sacred. A man has a testicle issue and proceeds to a hospital that worships sperm. There is a medication available but they consider killing sperm an abomination in the face of their sperm loving god. The only method they will use to rectify the medical condition is to remove the testicle so the sperm dies naturally. How fast do you think the man would speed out of that sperm worshipping facility if he could? Should the man be given a choice or at the mercy of the sperm worshippers?
Lol..graphic
And trust me I know all about about men nit being responsible.

But actually imo..I have had ovarian cysts..thought I would die from the pain and they were only little chocolate cysts.from ovulation..by the time the woman knows she has an ectopic..I am betting fast way rules.

Besides which very possibly bad tissue and scarring already.no waiting on medication.I went that route waiting for medication to work..ended up almost dying and had surgery anyway..Different condition same rule.

I hate surgery. Won't have if unless I need it to live or live well but if something is extremely painful there is a reason!!Imo.

In an ectopic pregnancy does it even have an umbilical cord..

Anyway I am of the opinion that I. An ectopic
pregnancy there is disease. In diseases you from e if. I cannot believe a woman woukd chance scarring and a report performance as she is bent over in pain. If she knew all the facts . Again my opinion.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#298451 May 30, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Ocean. Not Morgana.

Nice try though.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#298452 May 30, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh one last point..daughter in law just had full hysterectomy.

Me I have HUGE scar Scotland internal scarring that has caused many SeriuoslySeriously problems.

She had hers robotically. Just small incisions. If they can pull out a whole uterus and tubes and ovaries that way.
If they can tie off my tubes thru my navel.
In the seventies?
Imo
Removing a tube today is not that major.. compared to the alternative..

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#298453 May 30, 2013
Should have read ahead.

Oopsie.....
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#298454 May 30, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to keep posting Morgan's. Should have had all this in one post.
http://www.ectopic.org.uk/index.php/patients/...

Way too much risk ..days??? Trust me their assessment on the pain until it works sounds like it was written by those sperm worshippers with NO ovaries.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#298455 May 30, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>That's Ocean. Not Morgana.
Nice try though.
Hey playa read my last post the link.you had an ectopic sadly. Woukd you use that med instead of the surgery. with the risks of rupture and time involved. I know I wouldn't
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#298457 May 30, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
Should have read ahead.
Oopsie.....
Oh and which one is Ocean (56???)

Alice in the looking glass lol. Lately that is what I feel like.
Gtown71

United States

#298461 May 30, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>That's Ocean. Not Morgana.
Nice try though.
Speaking of ocean, where has she been? I miss ole ocean

Plus I still miss elise :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min JCPete 1,783,308
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 45 min Mexico 22,043
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr TheFartingClintone 64,852
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr doG mnaDed lyoH r... 72,098
News Ansonia man wins $360,000 after visit to packag... Thu Ava Ava 4
News Schools Prepare for Temperatures in the 90s Monday Jun 20 Gavone 9
News Newington Discusses Curbing Panhandling Jun 18 Bruddah Z 1

Wethersfield Jobs

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages