Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310002 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297353 May 22, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should she "go after" anyone. She's actually a wonderful example of her faith, unlike you, who is only a good example for Satanism.
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO! Nobody think's shes a 'ringer' you moron, that's YOUR stupidity and YOURS ALONE.
Nobody's calling you 'filthy names', calling you a moron or a dumb bitch is simply FACT. If you dont like it, its just more of your usual tough shit moments. Get over it or move on.
Well as you can see we had a great day here. She has a real thing for me and thinks we 're in love. So she says.
Anyway I'm not gonna,post to her anymore. so now that makes 3 .
Though I may be tempted.

Did you see my post on the strings. Reading that book got to the string part. They are all over Miami Beach.

Sent emails from New address. You can tell by the name it's me.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#297354 May 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Glad to see you aren't buying into THAT crap, at least....
For the record, there were a lot of folks in Oklahoma, that pointed out Hurricane Sandy happened during the re-election of Obama as President, and hurled imprecations of THAT being God's opinion on the matter, too.
Takes all kinds to make a world....
Hell, back during Katrina, Knutbar herself claimed it was because of gays.

Location hidden

#297355 May 22, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>
The pendulum is swinging our way.
Maybe, but you kept jumping in its way, and its knocked you in your head so many times, its rattled that brain cell of yours right down your moronic gullet.

Location hidden

#297356 May 22, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is you are analyzing the concept of prayers answered vs. prayers unanswered from the perspective of a mortal who can't possibly comprehend or fathom the reason or method behind a divine being's choices. I don't claim to be able to understand either but let's speculate and say that the possibility exists that the loss of a child, while tragic, caused a parent to develop character, strength and will to become and accomplish great things and impact thousands of subsequent lives that he/she may otherwise have not. Or maybe one of more of those children would grow up to be a serial killer, or maybe grow up to be the doctor who saved a potential serial killer or terrorist and thereby allowing the for the deaths of thousands. Things that you would have condemned an omnipotent being for had he known and still allowed to happen. Bottom line is none of knows and it is pure folly to even think that we do understand or could ever comprehend why some prayers are answered and some are not.
You sound like a bitter and extremely cynical person and frankly from an intelligence standpoint, quite shallow.
Where do you idiots come from anyway??@@ I mean seriously, is there a club or a chain letter you twits send around to spam random boards with this meaningless crap?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297357 May 22, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell, back during Katrina, Knutbar herself claimed it was because of gays.
I heard that referred to before. That is just plain stupid.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#297358 May 22, 2013
ha ha ah

Location hidden

#297359 May 22, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>

Sent emails from New address. You can tell by the name it's me.
Okiedoke, I'll go check in a minute, then going to sleep!

G'nite all!!
Katie

Auburn, WA

#297360 May 22, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree on the state's rights. And I think the state's try with restriction such as parental notification barring incest. And on viability issues. But on something so nation changing it should have been something we all had a say in..IMO
I still think the numbers way too high for this day and age of contraception . And I feel it lets men off the hook and is just nit what most if us thought would come of the women's rights movement.
And yes I believe this child in the womb is a child of God as much as the mom given to her for safe keeping
I believe they a 're with God now
Personally for me it's such an irreversible act..I think it harms women in the long run. She is ending the life her own offspring. some women never recover from that. Some do.
We should have had a say in this with votes
"But on something so nation changing it should have been something we all had a say in..IMO"

Yet that is exactly what Roe v Wade does; one pregnant woman at a time determines (has her say in) the outcome of her own pregnancy. Since there are about 4M live births a year over 800K annual abortions, it's apparent the majority of pregnant women choose to remain pregnant.

Your above sentence can be taken another way, too. It can be read that you'd have wanted the public (the nosy parkers of the neighborhoods) to determine other women's pregnancies. You'd have wanted the states to determine other women's pregnancies. Which is what they were doing prior to Roe v Wade after criminalizing it in the 1800s.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#297361 May 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, BUT sperm is only sperm on its own. The egg same thing. Yet when the two combine, and is placed in the womb, it now is a New,unique life, is it not? It to will die, either in the womb or 90 years after leaving the womb, but having it destroyed while it is in the womb, is UnGodly, and or Un natural, is it not one or the other, or both? Imo
What? If a fertilized egg implants, it's a pregnancy. You know, the medical condition the woman endures throughout gestation? If the fetus makes it through delivery, he/she's a newborn. I'm too tired to try to decipher the rest of your words. Sorry.
Gtown71

United States

#297362 May 22, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you idiots come from anyway??@@ I mean seriously, is there a club or a chain letter you twits send around to spam random boards with this meaningless crap?
I thought what he wrote was pretty good, and true. I don't get a chain letter though :)

Lol -

Location hidden

#297363 May 22, 2013
TESTING 123 123 123
Katie

Auburn, WA

#297364 May 22, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with you Katie it's a pregnancy. And that pregnancy is a brand new life. The woman is then a mother. Her body changes to nurture new life..her child's.
I don't agree we are mothers until the baby is born. I've known women who've experienced spontaneous abortions, but no live births. They do not consider themselves mothers. Even though SassyJM insists they're mothers of dead children, neither they nor I agree with that sentiment.

Location hidden

#297365 May 22, 2013
hello
Gtown71

United States

#297366 May 22, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What? If a fertilized egg implants, it's a pregnancy. You know, the medical condition the woman endures throughout gestation? If the fetus makes it through delivery, he/she's a newborn. I'm too tired to try to decipher the rest of your words. Sorry.
Yes its called being pregnant. Which is a brand new life growing inside of another life.
Get some rest katie. Sleep well :)
I'm going to bed now as well. I to have trouble decyfering my words. Lol
Katie

Auburn, WA

#297367 May 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. I've been trying very hard to advance this same view here, for as long as I've been here.
I realize the SCPL is trying very hard to shape this debate around 'the little babies'....but in reality, it's all about curtailing and controlling the sex lives and reproductive choices of women. Always has been.
They don't care what those little babies' quality of life is, and what's more, the only fertilized eggs they give a rat's hind portion about are the ones in a uterus.
The hypocrisy and dishonesty is palpable when you talk about the disposal of extraneous embryos from IVF, and all you get is crickets.
But that does help to make it obvious what the real agenda is.
Petri dishes are just not as fun to control.
Agree, they obviously don't care about the babies born and the resulting children who need food, a roof over their heads, clothing, school supplies, etc. Will go a step further in their ability to us pregnancy as a punishment, a means to get a "wayward" girl to confess her sins, throw money in the collection plate, and bring another in for the headcount in the house of worship.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297368 May 22, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"But on something so nation changing it should have been something we all had a say in..IMO"
Yet that is exactly what Roe v Wade does; one pregnant woman at a time determines (has her say in) the outcome of her own pregnancy. Since there are about 4M live births a year over 800K annual abortions, it's apparent the majority of pregnant women choose to remain pregnant.
Your above sentence can be taken another way, too. It can be read that you'd have wanted the public (the nosy parkers of the neighborhoods) to determine other women's pregnancies. You'd have wanted the states to determine other women's pregnancies. Which is what they were doing prior to Roe v Wade after criminalizing it in the 1800s.
I was speaking in terms of the law. ROE was a huge nation splitting decision. Think it should have gone to the states.

I doubt they envisioned even in SCOTUS 50 million plus little lives lost. I know you see it as each woman...And I do also.

Women's movement was about equality for us. I am all for that and have been for decades. But with that comes responsibility. The numbers don't bear out that it's being used. Even if contraception fails sometimes..it's not possibly that unreliable.

SOrry but I see this as a poor outcome of the movement.IMHO

It was supposed to uplift us. IMO 50 million gone forever Does just the opposite. Contraception was the big equalizer..But it's killing our own offspring that has come to define us. I find that very sad for women.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#297369 May 22, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I was speaking in terms of the law. ROE was a huge nation splitting decision. Think it should have gone to the states.
I doubt they envisioned even in SCOTUS 50 million plus little lives lost. I know you see it as each woman...And I do also.
Women's movement was about equality for us. I am all for that and have been for decades. But with that comes responsibility. The numbers don't bear out that it's being used. Even if contraception fails sometimes..it's not possibly that unreliable.
SOrry but I see this as a poor outcome of the movement.IMHO
It was supposed to uplift us. IMO 50 million gone forever Does just the opposite. Contraception was the big equalizer..But it's killing our own offspring that has come to define us. I find that very sad for women.
Rose, the decision of Roe v Wade was not about the women's movement.

The long, drawn out history of it goes back to when it was criminalized in the 1800s. Mostly due to physicians wanting to learn about women's anatomy and reproductive systems/cycles. They really hadn't had much of a clue because the midwives and sisters, moms and aunts, and other females handled it all. Back in the 1800s, physicians didn't even realize a woman could orgasm like a man.

It was also physicians, a hundred years later, who began pushing for its legalization prior to Roe v Wade being decided. Even before Roe was decided there were a handful of states where abortion was already legal. Wealthy women could travel from one state to another and receive a safe, sterile abortion but the majority of women could not. They remained pregnant, like NM did, or they went to butchers like Gosnell.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#297370 May 22, 2013
Those are some weird-ass eyes. Have you tried holy water?:)
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to know. On the vest...It's been about 8 years or more and she has had no repeat. Thank God and that Humane Society vet. But good thing I basically ran out with her that morning or shed be a goner. She's nuts but we love her.:)
Found out She is part. La Catahula hunting dog hence the weird eyes.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#297371 May 22, 2013
Sure. I won't even charge royalties.
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>lol! May I post this on my social networks?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297372 May 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, the decision of Roe v Wade was not about the women's movement.
The long, drawn out history of it goes back to when it was criminalized in the 1800s. Mostly due to physicians wanting to learn about women's anatomy and reproductive systems/cycles. They really hadn't had much of a clue because the midwives and sisters, moms and aunts, and other females handled it all. Back in the 1800s, physicians didn't even realize a woman could orgasm like a man.
It was also physicians, a hundred years later, who began pushing for its legalization prior to Roe v Wade being decided. Even before Roe was decided there were a handful of states where abortion was already legal. Wealthy women could travel from one state to another and receive a safe, sterile abortion but the majority of women could not. They remained pregnant, like NM did, or they went to butchers like Gosnell.
Well yuk on the experimentation for sure alternatives criminal. And thanks for the history.
But I lived through most of the Changes. abortion was not a part of the vocabulary. Maybe a small percentage had them ..But they had almost NOTHING at all to keep us from conceiving in the first place. And we had our babies and survived. We did not sacrifice a human life to do it.

And there was still in the sixties Not Much knowledge to be had. Unless docs had done surgeries during pregnancy..even they had very little idea what was happening stage by stage on a woman.

I think someplace in my home I still have Life magazine showing the first pictures from the womb. That was around 72'

The pill WAS seen as the great equalizer and I thought PP was a great organization pioneering in this miracle.

But then the focus became the legalization of abortion and even today women use.it for birth control.
To me ..who does believe life sacred..this is just crazy when so much else is available.

But on the women's rights issuer. It seems to be the battle cry today for groups like Naral etc. So it is part of it. And the numbers Do reflect a lack of responsibility. Face it. We expect that from men in general..sorry guys. But it's the women who usually have to deal. And so many are not. IMO

And I still think the states and the people should have had a vote.because this has had such a dividing effect on the country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min lucid 1,236,395
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 43 min Cheftell 70,044
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IBdaMann 53,593
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) 19 hr Jermaine Shivers 42
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) 21 hr Mike BOGUSlawski 39
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun Hello 19,944
News Police say Conn. pastor's shooting may be linke... May 28 Reverend Alan 12
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]