Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,560
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#296044 May 14, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>As a teacher, especially of small children, if a child doesn't like, to read it saddens me a little... but as long as they can read well anyway, they'll be fine.
Yeah. Each is different. I lived in my comics. Then Nancy Drew and nurse books. Readers digest condensed books everything . Grandson is the same at very young age. They learn a lot more younger. Reads,real books even in first grade. lol

I think if a kid learns to love reading they are nevercreallyvbored. Of course he has his video games too. And good at them. Just have to really work on the your brother is your Barclaycard concept. But 3 years difference..oh well all good kids. All we can ask for!!
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#296045 May 14, 2013
Brother is best friend. And playmate. Lol

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#296046 May 14, 2013
"Abortion doctor convicted of murder waives appeal, avoids death sentence"

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/14/justice/pen...

What a coward.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#296047 May 14, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Well,that would be all of them. Just stop abortions and teach your children how to love themselves so they won't give in to temptations. This worked for thousands of years for the majority of people.
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaha!!!!!
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#296048 May 14, 2013
Susanm wrote:
"Abortion doctor convicted of murder waives appeal, avoids death sentence"
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/14/justice/pen...
What a coward.

if that's,Gosnell hope he lives many years in general pop
Gtown71

United States

#296049 May 14, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing to counter. Creationism has yet to bring any testable theory to the table.
You would be wrong, but hey I give you credit for using the word theory.

Ocean dwelling thingys are found all over the earth, even on mountains -sounds like a flood theory to me.

You chose to put your faith in ever changing theories. I put mine, in a Non changing God.
Spooner

Canton, MS

#296050 May 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
No, I counter creationism by pointing out there is no god.
BTW--I woulod also outwit some idiot who wants to put me in a fenced area with a gorilla.
<quoted text>
First of all, where is the absolute evidence there is no God ?

Where is the absolute proof we somehow derived from gorillas, and how did they evolve into different ethnic backgrounds ie african, mexican, american indian, etc. makes absolute no sence.

Also, you said you could outwit a gorilla, not me.
I just thought you might want to prove it !!!

Why do you resort to name calling ?
Gtown71

United States

#296051 May 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You can't say anyone has committed a crime if they have been found not guilty. They are either innocent or guilty. What you want to think about them is totally irrelevant.
<quoted text>
Really? So if a person is not found guilty, then they are innocent?

I've been guilty of many things, that I was never found guilty on, yet I still am.

OJ, was found guilty of those deaths, in a civil court.
Spooner

Canton, MS

#296052 May 14, 2013
Absolutely ^ sorry
Gtown71

United States

#296053 May 14, 2013
Spooner wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, where is the absolute evidence there is no God ?
Where is the absolute proof we somehow derived from gorillas, and how did they evolve into different ethnic backgrounds ie african, mexican, american indian, etc. makes absolute no sence.
Also, you said you could outwit a gorilla, not me.
I just thought you might want to prove it !!!
Why do you resort to name calling ?
Careful spooner, FECES FOR JESUS and others will say you're just arrogant to say you know what happens to a person after death, just before they turn around and say they know what happens to people after death. DOUBLE STANDARD. Is their moral code.

I pointed out a while back, that loosing a tail isn't a good thing, and for sure not evolving. Do you know just how handy a tail would be? Lol

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#296054 May 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
if that's,Gosnell hope he lives many years in general pop
I sure that Bubba is waiting for him.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#296055 May 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pro death, SJM. You would allow your daughter to die from an unhealthy pregnancy rather than have her abort it and live. Y'know, live for the family she already has.
It's her right, your right if you're her durable POA, to allow her to refuse treatment.
Which makes you no different than Michael Schiavo or the people you think you're criticizing. You're counted among them, too.
Honey, you sound like a skipping record.

And FTR, Killing is not a "treatment" so let's get THAT straight.

WORST (And I mean WORST case scenerio) the baby can be delivered. No deliberate killing of that son or daughter is necessary. If baby dies of prematurity, then that's tragic.

The defination of "emergengy" depends on the prolife vs the prodeath Dr. DELIBERATE killing of another is never justified. A baby dying due to a life saving emergency surgery(say for instance mom was in a car accident) is not an abortion. No Dr HAS to go in and kill baby to save mom. Baby might die indirectly but its not deliberate.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#296056 May 14, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure that Bubba is waiting for him.
Maybe someone related to his victims..hope he doesn't get to work in infirmary. May get privileges
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#296057 May 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Then who are you or anyone else to say Michael Schiavo didn't trust God through something? Removing futile treatment is not playing God.
(when a brain has liquefied to the point it's half its normal size, it is beyond "brain damage")
Retarded people have different levels of brain damage. Many werent born that way hut ended up like that. Some severe, some not. Are they vegetables in your opinion and should killing hem too be considered 'mercy killing'?.

Terri was alive and according to her loved ones, she was aware of those loved ones or care takers. Was her story tragic? Yes of course but we simply dont kill those who have unfortunate circumstances.

No extraordinary means of keeping her alive was necessary jusst FOOD AND WATER like we all need. Giving that to someone ( like we do a baby who can't do it themselves or they will die) is not "playing God ".

WTH is with you proaborts? So 'BE WANTED OR PICTURE PERFECT' or death is best.

Sick.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#296058 May 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
No, she didn't know her relatives; her brain was the size of a small apple. There was no cognitive abiity. Only an idiot thinks a feeding tube is the same as giving the patient a meal on a tray. Food slurry is forced into the stomach; the tube frequently leaks. The actual nutritive value is minimal. Patients on tube feedings waste away.
You, as usual, haven't a clue what you are talking about.
<quoted text>
I am well aware of how feeding tubes operate. Surely not a "meal on a tray". Certainly my breast milk wasn't a skirt steak, baked potato with steamed veggies on a tray either but it was all my baby could intake due to his/her digestive system.

Terri was given food and fluid. She was a living human being who met with a tragic situation. She was not dying or she wouldve been dead. She has severe brain damage and no extraordinary means to keep her alive was "keeping her alive by machine";

Food and water. We ALL need it.
worships reality

AOL

#296059 May 14, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>She did the same thing to me!
i'm not surprised. katie is more than a bit dishonest.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#296060 May 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
In terms of medical treatment, intubation is considered as much a "heroic effort" as a respirator. You consider feeding through a surgically-implanted tube "natural"?
<quoted text>
We all need food and water. HOW we get it depends on our circumstances. It's not considered extraordinary means of keeping someone alive by machines.

My mom had a DNR request. Never was she to be denied fluid or nutrition ..nor was it consider a means to keep her unnaturally alive.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#296061 May 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight.
I and others missrepresent Jesus Christ "in Whom means NOTHING to you? " got it ;)
Keep in mind who you're talking to here Gtown. Their unwanted offsprings/baby/child/fetus mean NOTHING to them either. They justify killing them even.

If they had a means to abort your life they would. They are angry souls. They need prayers.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#296062 May 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I remember a lot about my time in the coma; my mind was very active. It was just not connected to the external world.
Again, autonomic responses are not the same as feeling pain.
<quoted text>
Again, my son while in his coma, was connected in order to move his toe on my command. His frown of his brow showed a response to the probbing needles even though he clearly didnt move or flint on the spot where it was being done.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#296063 May 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't see keeping her alive through artificial means is playing God? Preventing her from a natural death by helping to maintain her heartbeat with a plastic tube inserted in her stomach and filled with a pulp like substance neither tasted nor smelled?
You just pretend you don't hold the same type of shotgun you accuse of others. Especially as you reduce a whole woman, an adult wife, down to a heartbeat.
Sweetie, umm...giving food doesn't "prevent her from a natural death".

Are you for real?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min USAsince1680 1,109,403
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min mdbuilder 46,605
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr WARRIOR 19,207
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Tippy Faulker 792
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr Eric 69,368
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 15 hr TRD 68,469
Wright Upsets Klett For Mayor; Republicans Win ... (Nov '07) 20 hr football coach 85
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••