Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311926 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#296088 May 14, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah right.....fish in a barrel. you are amazingly stupid, and a liar. an apology should be coming my way, and soon.
i'm actually doing you a favor. in the future you'll know that if you use quotation marks you better be quoting someone exactly.
"You better" huh? Or what? You're going to whine and bitch about it like a baby for weeks acting as if anyone cares? LOL
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#296089 May 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard that one. Not that it mattered but how far along was she..curious
Nobody heard that one. Didn't happen. She's making it up.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#296090 May 14, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Retarded people have different levels of brain damage. Many werent born that way hut ended up like that. Some severe, some not. Are they vegetables in your opinion and should killing hem too be considered 'mercy killing'?.
Terri was alive and according to her loved ones, she was aware of those loved ones or care takers. Was her story tragic? Yes of course but we simply dont kill those who have unfortunate circumstances.
No extraordinary means of keeping her alive was necessary jusst FOOD AND WATER like we all need. Giving that to someone ( like we do a baby who can't do it themselves or they will die) is not "playing God ".
WTH is with you proaborts? So 'BE WANTED OR PICTURE PERFECT' or death is best.
Sick.
Can you be any more ridiculous, SJM? What happened to you you've become so ... slimy. Why don't you see it was your kind trying to play God by keeping her artificially alive rather than allowing her that natural death to which you so often pay lip service.
==========
"Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator."

WTH? I guess gay "jokes" and "demon sex" is perfectly appropriate for ^^^this^^^ particular Topix moderator...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#296091 May 14, 2013
I don't need any evidence to say there is no god. There is no "absolute evidence" that one existed. Ultimately, god is just something someone said existed, and that people chose to believe in.

We DIDN'T DERIVE FROM GORILLAS, YOU FREAKING MORON.
Spooner wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, where is the absolute evidence there is no God ?
Where is the absolute proof we somehow derived from gorillas, and how did they evolve into different ethnic backgrounds ie african, mexican, american indian, etc. makes absolute no sence.
Also, you said you could outwit a gorilla, not me.
I just thought you might want to prove it !!!
Why do you resort to name calling ?
worships reality

AOL

#296092 May 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Yes, I can. If they are not guilty, there is no crime.
<quoted text>
ridiculous. the fact that a defendant is found not guilty does not mean there was no crime. it only means the prosecution did not prove the defendant's guilt of criminal activity beyond a reasonable doubt. keep trying.

you are a true idiot. amazingly so.
worships reality

AOL

#296093 May 14, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
"You better" huh? Or what? You're going to whine and bitch about it like a baby for weeks acting as if anyone cares? LOL
hey mrs. colon. find your glasses? you moron.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#296094 May 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
Anyone know why up top left the main headline says
GEORFE TILLER about conviction..been wondering all day
Sloppy reporting.

Headline from several years ago still in system.

Spell check.

Wishful thinking.

Indianapolis

#296095 May 14, 2013
Until you prove guilt, innocent is what they are. As far as the law is concerned, you're innocent.

No, OJ was not--a civil court cannot decide a criminal law. What it did was to say that the preponderance of the evidence indicated that his actions led to the deaths.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So if a person is not found guilty, then they are innocent?
I've been guilty of many things, that I was never found guilty on, yet I still am.
OJ, was found guilty of those deaths, in a civil court.
worships reality

AOL

#296096 May 14, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Funny stuff coming from the stupid beating the dead horse.
funny alright. but not as hilarious as you claiming you mistook a colon for a semi colon because you didn't have your glasses, yet proceeded to define what you thought was a semi colon....as a colon.

this on the heels of claiming you were going to school a 3rd grade drop out on proper punctuation. what an idiot. it's amazing you still have the balls to not only still show up here, but actually show up and call others uneducated.
you're a moron. go away.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#296097 May 14, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Sweetie, umm...giving food doesn't "prevent her from a natural death".
Are you for real?
Obviously it did since its removal allowed for organ shutdown and death.

Her upper brain was liquefied. Her lower brain provided autonomic responses. The "food and water" you refer to kept it going artificially.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#296098 May 14, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Years!

Indianapolis

#296099 May 14, 2013
Until you've looked into the non-focused eyes of a brain-dead person, you have no frigging clue what this is about. Been there, done that. It has nothing to do with retardation.

Her parents were in total denial. Test after test showed terri's brain above the medulla was non-functional.
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Retarded people have different levels of brain damage. Many werent born that way hut ended up like that. Some severe, some not. Are they vegetables in your opinion and should killing hem too be considered 'mercy killing'?.
Terri was alive and according to her loved ones, she was aware of those loved ones or care takers. Was her story tragic? Yes of course but we simply dont kill those who have unfortunate circumstances.
No extraordinary means of keeping her alive was necessary jusst FOOD AND WATER like we all need. Giving that to someone ( like we do a baby who can't do it themselves or they will die) is not "playing God ".
Sick.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#296101 May 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you be any more ridiculous, SJM? What happened to you you've become so ... slimy. Why don't you see it was your kind trying to play God by keeping her artificially alive rather than allowing her that natural death to which you so often pay lip service.
==========
"Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator."
WTH? I guess gay "jokes" and "demon sex" is perfectly appropriate for ^^^this^^^ particular Topix moderator...
Please explain the concept of 'double jeopardy'.

I'll wait...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296102 May 14, 2013
Sorry Katie - that post was intended for another poster, and I offer my apologies for its inanity in relation to yours.

:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296103 May 14, 2013
And fervently hope the double post is resolved soon, as well.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#296104 May 14, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
"...i will give you the best of care..." lol
You'll see, old man. Most nurses are liberals and prochoice. Luck for you, we give excellent care to everyone. Unlike you, we aren't bigots.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#296105 May 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously it did since its removal allowed for organ shutdown and death.
Her upper brain was liquefied. Her lower brain provided autonomic responses. The "food and water" you refer to kept it going artificially.
Sassy's really, really stupid. No offense, sasssylicious :-)

Indianapolis

#296106 May 14, 2013
Food and water aren't extraordinary measures. Surgically implanting a feeding tube IS.
sasssylicious wrote:
Sick.

Indianapolis

#296107 May 14, 2013
A Gtube isn't a means of resuscitation. What do you think DNR means? It means do not resuscitate--if the patient codes, you do not attempt to revive them. Has nothing to do with feeding tubes.
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> We all need food and water. HOW we get it depends on our circumstances. It's not considered extraordinary means of keeping someone alive by machines.
My mom had a DNR request. Never was she to be denied fluid or nutrition ..nor was it consider a means to keep her unnaturally alive.

Indianapolis

#296108 May 14, 2013
You are a great recruiter for atheism.
razzmatazz wrote:
http://www.lifenews.com/2013/05/14/north-caro... Bitner lost her job....YAAY!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 min TRD 71,067
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 37 min Teaman 1,433,978
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr New york 20,648
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Flirtz1484 61,523
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) 7 hr Stephanie 66
anybody remember (Aug '12) 16 hr Hagatha Christie 4
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sep 28 rabbee yehoshooah... 72,039

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages