Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317591 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

rosesz

San Jose, CA

#295988 May 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh! Coach Ivac seemed to always make noise :)
Agreed. It was middle of the night, they probably thought I wouldn't stir. Their solution was to restrain my wrists to the handrails. Loosely, though. Ahh the good ol' days!
Did manage to prove 'em all wrong and walk on my own. Can't skate like I used to, but *can* skate, so that's a bonus :D
Not to to be intricate..but in that bad a condition had you had a Cath and did they take it out?? And horrid about the restraints..
rosesz

San Jose, CA

#295989 May 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a good point she's been ignoring over a year now, Foo. I'll keep making it, reminding her she is no different if she was to allow her daughter to die instead of receiving a life-saving abortion.
????
worships reality

New York, NY

#295990 May 14, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>No dear, being found "not guilty" does not equate to "innocent".
((Rolls eyes)))
of course it doesn't.

pay no attention to this nut. it's the same fool that didn't know the difference between a colon and a semi colon, but was going to educate us all on punctuation anyway.

after that humiliating failure maybe she wants to educate us all on the law now.

http://www.oregoncriminalattorney.com/Crimina...
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#295991 May 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to to be intricate..but in that bad a condition had you had a Cath and did they take it out?? And horrid about the restraints..
Cath, yes. Out, yes.

Well, it was better than what I'd seen at work with my psych nurse gramma....
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#295992 May 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
????
Old hypothetical where SassyJM assured everyone she would rather her daughter die than obtain a life-saving abortion. You can get the gist of it in the post to which Foo responded.
worships reality

New York, NY

#295994 May 14, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he was found NOT GUILTY, which in our country, equates with INNOCENT in the eyes of the law.
<quoted text>
Yes, we can say that in the eyes of the law, upon which the charges were brought, he was found NOT GUILTY, therefore he was INNOCENT of those charges.
it does not equate at all.

"The distinction between not guilty and innocent is not a semantic quibble; it goes to the fundamental principles of our criminal-justice system."

http://articles.philly.com/2011-07-07/news/29...

do some research on the law. that is, after you've done some research on punctuation.
Did he do OTHER things that may have been illegal? Who knows? YOU dont, that's for sure.
of course i don't. and neither do you. which is why neither of us can say definitively that he did nothing illegal, which was after all, the original point.
worships reality

New York, NY

#295995 May 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Yes, because you can't prove he did anything to the contrary.
<quoted text>
no you cannot. if it was proven then he'd have been found guilty.

he was found not guilty. he was not found innocent.

one cannot state definitively that anyone is is innocent of illegal activity based on a not guilty verdict.

the level of your ignorance is astounding.

http://www.oregoncriminalattorney.com/Crimina...
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295996 May 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Old hypothetical where SassyJM assured everyone she would rather her daughter die than obtain a life-saving abortion. You can get the gist of it in the post to which Foo responded.
Oh think I remember something like that..

Well imo in a life threatening condition ones daughter would go to a hospital..unless an ectopic pregnancy..which definitely has to be surgically removed..are usually late term..so they either use total bed rest or try to deliver..sometimes mom or baby dies..but the docs are trying to SAVE lives..they don't go to clinics..my daughter and hubby would definitely be at that hospital!!!!! God forbid..

I think I said said that a long time ago..can't remember the answers..Guess I will find out..But this is NOT AN ELECTIVE ABORTION..

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#295997 May 14, 2013
Just as an off topic aside, just an example of a classy way that a school district shot down a whackjob extremist parent that wanted to ban "Diary of Anne Frank" as being 'pornographic'.

http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2013/05/14/20...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#295998 May 14, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
no you cannot. if it was proven then he'd have been found guilty.
he was found not guilty. he was not found innocent.
one cannot state definitively that anyone is is innocent of illegal activity based on a not guilty verdict.
the level of your ignorance is astounding.
http://www.oregoncriminalattorney.com/Crimina...
Again, in our country, there is a PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE unless proven guilty. Nuff said.

But by all means, please do keep obsessing about it. Its gives us all a good laugh at your expence.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#295999 May 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh think I remember something like that..
Well imo in a life threatening condition ones daughter would go to a hospital..unless an ectopic pregnancy..which definitely has to be surgically removed..are usually late term..so they either use total bed rest or try to deliver..sometimes mom or baby dies..but the docs are trying to SAVE lives..they don't go to clinics..my daughter and hubby would definitely be at that hospital!!!!! God forbid..
I think I said said that a long time ago..can't remember the answers..Guess I will find out..But this is NOT AN ELECTIVE ABORTION..
I don't want to split hairs with you. However, in reality, any surgical procedure is elective since you have to give permission to have it. Even under emergency situations. Even if you're unconscious. Someone has to sign for it.

Also, realistically speaking, the majority of abortions happen at 8 weeks gestation. Those would probably be the "elective" abortions you refer to... the ones some are trying to criminalize.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#296000 May 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
????
The Skank has repeatedly said she'd rather her child die than have a live saving abortion. The irony in her insistance that a stranger, who was brain dead, who's husband was fighting for HER wishes to be carried out - in direct opposition to the political football her fk'd up parents tried to turn her into, is astounding. Particularly since she clearly doesn't know shit about the case.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#296001 May 14, 2013
Spooner wrote:
<quoted text>
we are smart enough to keep them in a cage, so we can avoid them.
If you think you could outwit a gorilla, you need to challenge one.
Fence in a couple of wooded acres for a week or so, insert gorilla, insert you, and let the best man, and mans daddy win.
The word outwit will have a whole new meaning to you.
This is how you counter creationism ? Laughable.
You made an "and" instruction where there should have been an "or". You must have come from a not so big bang.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#296002 May 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh think I remember something like that..
Well imo in a life threatening condition ones daughter would go to a hospital..unless an ectopic pregnancy..which definitely has to be surgically removed..are usually late term..so they either use total bed rest or try to deliver..sometimes mom or baby dies..but the docs are trying to SAVE lives..they don't go to clinics..my daughter and hubby would definitely be at that hospital!!!!! God forbid..
I think I said said that a long time ago..can't remember the answers..Guess I will find out..But this is NOT AN ELECTIVE ABORTION..
Actually, it sort of is, or certainly CAN be. A woman has the right to refuse that medical treatment and allow herself to die. Does it happen? I'm sure it has sometime, somewhere, but it certainly IS elective, and it IS effectively an abortion - the pregnancy is terminated.

Yeah, that teasing a fine hair, but it is the facts.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#296003 May 14, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
no you cannot. if it was proven then he'd have been found guilty.
he was found not guilty. he was not found innocent.
one cannot state definitively that anyone is is innocent of illegal activity based on a not guilty verdict.
the level of your ignorance is astounding.
http://www.oregoncriminalattorney.com/Crimina...
ROFLMAO Big deal, I can find much case law and blogs that say the opposite. Here's a few, starting with an explaination of the Presumption of Innocence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presumption_of_i...

http://www.google.com/url...

http://www.google.com/url...

According to your logic, one could be convicted of ANYTHING beause they are NOT presumed innocent - and a not guilty verdict would allow for endless re-trials, which of course we also do not do in our country.

CAN someone found "not guilty" be guilty of something else? Sure, but unless or until they are, THEY ARE PRESUMED INNOCENT. Period.

The FACT is that George Tiller was innocent of any crimes. Period. YOU can try to convict him in absentia, but you'd just be blowing more than the usual smoke from your ass.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#296004 May 14, 2013
Spooner wrote:
<quoted text>

This is how you counter creationism ?
There is nothing to counter. Creationism has yet to bring any testable theory to the table.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296005 May 14, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
Just as an off topic aside, just an example of a classy way that a school district shot down a whackjob extremist parent that wanted to ban "Diary of Anne Frank" as being 'pornographic'.
http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2013/05/14/20...
I think I saw the movie or a tv movie..I know it's a tragic story of deplorable times. Had no idea it was racy. But then s young girls diary probably has things that parents would not be comfortable with. The mom should have been more informed and discuss w daughter herself in a story this important.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#296006 May 14, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>They still love Gosnell, I noticed MSNBC never had a report on Gosnell today when the news broke. Similar reports on Carhart are coming out too. Notice the scandals in the White House and the news of abortion houses of horror are in the news. Maybe the pendulum is swinging to the right...finally!
Or maybe all the shoddy abortion houses will be closed down, and the need for better inspections will be attended to, and fewer intrusive and violent SCPL will intimidate and murder obstetricians who perform abortions, and more qualified physicians will staff clinics, and fewer women will be subject to crap medicine due to crap inspections, and the intimidation of qualified ob/gyns...
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296007 May 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to split hairs with you. However, in reality, any surgical procedure is elective since you have to give permission to have it. Even under emergency situations. Even if you're unconscious. Someone has to sign for it.
Also, realistically speaking, the majority of abortions happen at 8 weeks gestation. Those would probably be the "elective" abortions you refer to... the ones some are trying to criminalize.
Well the hypothetical was about a dying daughter I thought. To me that comes under the category of necessary for life. And I am sure consent is necessary.

ELECTIVE aS I was trying to distinguish is a woman goes to an abortion clinic or doc..she is healthy presumably...she wants an abortion.

ELECTIVE is I want a smaller nose or bigger body parts..as opposed to I have a bursting appendix..insurance companies seem to try to differentiate in that manner..That is what I meant.

Again it was a hypothetical on life and death.
I always in my posts try to make the distinction so no one thinks I am for ELECTIVE ..non life threatening ..abortions.For me those last are deliveries or surgeries..

Hope that clears it. I WOULD NOT WILLINGLY LET MY DSUGHTER DIE nor would her husband. They also would never let her hypothetical baby die..on purpose.

Even when they told her this last one possibly had Downs..the recess no question she would have it..thankfully th tests were wrong or we had a miracle..or both.

Leads me to wonder how many abortions are due to wrong early testing. But that is another topic.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296008 May 14, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Skank has repeatedly said she'd rather her child die than have a live saving abortion. The irony in her insistance that a stranger, who was brain dead, who's husband was fighting for HER wishes to be carried out - in direct opposition to the political football her fk'd up parents tried to turn her into, is astounding. Particularly since she clearly doesn't know shit about the case.
Well as I said in an earlier post..I have learned a lot from the thread. I think it was all tragic and it should have been resolved in the first month if possible. Even if it meant withholding heroic measure or antibiotics..etc..but it wasn't..and if true what was said..this would have been her wishes then..5 minutes or more with no oxygen!!!

I THINK THE PARENTS WERE CONVINCED THEIR BABY was with it ..may have been a lot if desperation involved.
Though why Michael thought they tried to kill her ..have no idea....autopsy says not true..I think ..of well ..anyway tragic all around...I think they all loved her.

Then came the money for Michael alone and for Terrys ..the girlfriend

And the press..and the pols. And the advocates..

Tragic and I pray I am never even close to anyone like this..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Trims phu see hat 1,602,493
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr TheReal411 21,191
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
News Developer Resubmits Plan In Wethersfield (Jun '08) Thu ANONYMOUS 45
News Eastman Chemical cutting up to 300 jobs, reduci... (Mar '09) Sep 18 Caitlyn Jenner 7
Sick Minded Sexual Perversion is an Abomination!! Sep 18 TrueX 2
Cromwell-the most racist town in CT (Jun '10) Sep 14 ANONYMOUS 31

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages