Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 316242 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#295926 May 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I believe if there are souls at all, that every breathing creature, whether animal or vegetable, has one...and that it may be possible that the earth itself has one too.
<quoted text>Please don't tell me you think 'cute little pitbull pups' are born to become ravening beasts. I've raised several pits - if they are raised with love, and not rewarded for aggressive behavior (or killed for not exhibiting same) they are some of the best dogs ever bred. Any dog trained to fight, will fight - pits just happen to be really smart, and learn quickly.
If there is an afterlife, and heaven exists, my dogs are more likely to be there than I am... because they know more about the creator than we ever will.
<quoted text>Ask Rose - she's a Christian, and she says all they had to do was ask for forgiveness, and they get a condo in the same heaven as Albert Schwietzer and Jonas Salk.
I realize some pits are fine, but you never hear of someone being malled by a maltise. Bad sp. Lol

I believe rose was saying it is a heart call, not abc repeat after me and you're saved.

God resist the proud.
He will not turn away a broken or contrite spirit.
Many "even here " are full of pride, boasters, lovers of thrmselves, not God.

I have a saved friend that also read the bible 6 times before he was saved.
He used to say it was a great book, just wasn't real, but now he's sold out for God.

When a spiritual change happens, that's when you know you're saved.

People will change. God even gives them a new name.

Salvation is Not by works. Rewards and such are.
Either we pay the price for our SIN -capital S, or we put all our faith and trust in the One who's already paid for it.
Gtown71

United States

#295927 May 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pro death, SJM. You would allow your daughter to die from an unhealthy pregnancy rather than have her abort it and live. Y'know, live for the family she already has.
It's her right, your right if you're her durable POA, to allow her to refuse treatment.
Which makes you no different than Michael Schiavo or the people you think you're criticizing. You're counted among them, too.
Or perhaps she was saying she would trust God through something, instead of trying to play God?
Gtown71

United States

#295928 May 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lies are what is sick.
The ONLY difference, is what size the BABY is. No lies, just cold hard truth.

The people wanted. Gosnell produced.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#295929 May 13, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Well I hope the cause of your death is seeing the Blackhawks lose game 7 of the Stanley cup finals on a penalty shot. It must be a penalty shot because then you would have suffered before the shot.
Grumpy! You'll be the death of me with all that crazy talk! ;o)

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#295930 May 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Ummm...I presume the pets are already deceased? I can't condone committing suttee with the pets.
LMAO!! Yeah, I'm talking about the already deceased. So far, I have ashes of 2 dogs and of a flying squirrel. Lord knows how many other pets I'll have cremated when my time comes. It's like Noah's Ark in my house.
cpeter1313 wrote:
Cremation takes time, you may need to hunt down the extended dance mix of "burn baby burn". There's also "we didn't start the fire", "hot stuff", "hot child in the city", and "light my fire".
That's the great thing about being related to dj's. They have the hook up on various extended versions. Thanks for more suggestions! LOL!!
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#295931 May 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or perhaps she was saying she would trust God through something, instead of trying to play God?
Then who are you or anyone else to say Michael Schiavo didn't trust God through something? Removing futile treatment is not playing God.

(when a brain has liquefied to the point it's half its normal size, it is beyond "brain damage")
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#295932 May 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So is ever other abortionist, and every single person on here who is for abortion, their trial date is set for the future, My prayer is they find a great "GO BETWEEN" BEFORE their trial date.
Also, had a woman not died they would love gosnell. Sick.
What is "sick" is azzholes like you lying as you've done here, and caling yourselves christian.

You're a freak and a phony and nothing more.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#295933 May 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY difference, is what size the BABY is. No lies, just cold hard truth.
The people wanted. Gosnell produced.
And none of this addresses the lies you told in the other post.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#295934 May 13, 2013
No, she didn't know her relatives; her brain was the size of a small apple. There was no cognitive abiity. Only an idiot thinks a feeding tube is the same as giving the patient a meal on a tray. Food slurry is forced into the stomach; the tube frequently leaks. The actual nutritive value is minimal. Patients on tube feedings waste away.

You, as usual, haven't a clue what you are talking about.
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Allowing someone to deliberately die of dehydration is cruel. I see that foo says that it's a "peaceful" way to die. Total opposite in fact. Terri was not on any extra ordinary means of keeping her alive. She was given food and fluid. She had brain damage (not brain dead). She knew her loved ones and responded despite it. Killing her was inhumane at that point.
These proaborts are prodeath. They have no respect for human life. Heaven forbid their loved one becomes 'imperfect' maybe do to an accident or something. They think they deserve death.
Deny food and a person will starve. You are correct. Retarded people..brain damaged..etc...deserve respect.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295935 May 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY difference, is what size the BABY is. No lies, just cold hard truth.
The people wanted. Gosnell produced.
There is a difference with him though. He WAS an abortionist..in the end according to his employees..He skipped the abortive efforts IN THE WOMB. and just delivered the babies then sliced into the spinal cords..so since they had been alive he got convicted of murder. FOR me killing those viable babies in the womb was the same as out..but for the jury they convicted him. HAD he been doing late term abortions on viable babies in the womb the result would have been a distinction for THE JURY.

And for the woman he killed he got manslaughter.

IMO..He wasn't just can abortionist..he was a weird serial killer in a job that gave him free reign on his perversions.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#295936 May 13, 2013
You're so afraid of death, you sad little coward. There's nothing good about the end of non-life?

You should get an education and then your opinion might mean something.
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you still are, pagan.
You "beautiful death" people are exactly what the culture of death is all about. You didn't do the dying so you have no idea what agony she went through. Stop but humping and start thinking.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#295937 May 13, 2013
In terms of medical treatment, intubation is considered as much a "heroic effort" as a respirator. You consider feeding through a surgically-implanted tube "natural"?
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> YOU'RE a nurse? I don't believe you. Food and water are not "unnatural" they are essential to keeping ALL of us alive. Terri was not given any extraordinary means to survive unnaturally". Had she been, then that a whole different story.
Gtown71

United States

#295938 May 13, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
What is "sick" is azzholes like you lying as you've done here, and caling yourselves christian.
You're a freak and a phony and nothing more.
Let me get this straight.

I and others missrepresent Jesus Christ "in Whom means NOTHING to you? " got it ;)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#295939 May 13, 2013
I remember a lot about my time in the coma; my mind was very active. It was just not connected to the external world.

Again, autonomic responses are not the same as feeling pain.
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> When my son was in a coma I was told that he didnt feel or hear. Well he did. I asked him to wiggle his toe if he heard me. After some time he did respond by wiggling his toe on demand. NOBODY has proof of who feels what or hears. You may not recall the time you were in a coma. In fact my son doesnt remember much of anything from those months. Didn't mean that at the time he wasnt aware.
He was parallyzed at one point. Dr tried to see if he felt pain. He didnt respond by moving his arm or leg when pricked with a needle but his eyes frowned as if he did feel.
Gtown71

United States

#295940 May 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Then who are you or anyone else to say Michael Schiavo didn't trust God through something? Removing futile treatment is not playing God.
(when a brain has liquefied to the point it's half its normal size, it is beyond "brain damage")
If you put a 12 gauge shotgun up to someones head, and pull the trigger. "By the way, for you strick word game folks, lets just say the gun is loaded, with a "live " round, which means it has gun powder, wadding, and lead or some other type of projectile, sealed up in what is usualy called a shot gun shell, which can be purchased many places, in a normal box of 25, unless it is slugs, in which normal would be a box of five " :):):)

Any who -when the gun goes off, and takes out half the brain, the person will be dead, before he or she comes to rest.

Their heart does NOT continue to beat.

LIKE TERRIES DID.

SHE WAS KEPT AWAY FROM WHAT WE MUST HAVE IN ORDER TO LIVE.
Gtown71

United States

#295941 May 13, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference with him though. He WAS an abortionist..in the end according to his employees..He skipped the abortive efforts IN THE WOMB. and just delivered the babies then sliced into the spinal cords..so since they had been alive he got convicted of murder. FOR me killing those viable babies in the womb was the same as out..but for the jury they convicted him. HAD he been doing late term abortions on viable babies in the womb the result would have been a distinction for THE JURY.
And for the woman he killed he got manslaughter.
IMO..He wasn't just can abortionist..he was a weird serial killer in a job that gave him free reign on his perversions.
No doubt this guy was a sicko, I pray he finds God, while in prison.

Who knows maybe he did them by the rules, untill he thought what's really the difference?

Like you said -he had the perfect place to carry out his deeds.

I also realize other abortion docs don't do as he did, and some truly believe they are helping.

As ocean says -raising a kids takes alot out of a young lady, but for many of them, a baby might just save their life and soul.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295942 May 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt this guy was a sicko, I pray he finds God, while in prison.
Who knows maybe he did them by the rules, untill he thought what's really the difference?
Like you said -he had the perfect place to carry out his deeds.
I also realize other abortion docs don't do as he did, and some truly believe they are helping.
As ocean says -raising a kids takes alot out of a young lady, but for many of them, a baby might just save their life and soul.
Actually the reason they say was because in doing the late term abortions he mutilated women WHO IN TURN SUED HIM..assuming they lived.
So the straight out deliver and murder was less risky for him..probably lucky for those women also..he was a hack. But also weird in keeping the dead babies and pieces as I guess trophies??
He was evil but luckily not legally insane
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#295943 May 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you put a 12 gauge shotgun up to someones head, and pull the trigger. "By the way, for you strick word game folks, lets just say the gun is loaded, with a "live " round, which means it has gun powder, wadding, and lead or some other type of projectile, sealed up in what is usualy called a shot gun shell, which can be purchased many places, in a normal box of 25, unless it is slugs, in which normal would be a box of five " :):):)
Any who -when the gun goes off, and takes out half the brain, the person will be dead, before he or she comes to rest.
Their heart does NOT continue to beat.
LIKE TERRIES DID.
SHE WAS KEPT AWAY FROM WHAT WE MUST HAVE IN ORDER TO LIVE.
You don't see keeping her alive through artificial means is playing God? Preventing her from a natural death by helping to maintain her heartbeat with a plastic tube inserted in her stomach and filled with a pulp like substance neither tasted nor smelled?

You just pretend you don't hold the same type of shotgun you accuse of others. Especially as you reduce a whole woman, an adult wife, down to a heartbeat.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#295944 May 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well atleast you thought enough to post :)
I also didn't single you out, I said "they" -you know "them" who say really stupid stuff, like if you allow someone to starve to death, it is a beautiful, peaceful way to die, or even better, if you remove a persons feeding tube they don't starve to death???
Any impute nurse elise?
There are two extreme views on this topic, both think they are right, you should question if you are.
Ummm, this is my job, my training is in the field we are discussing. I treat the patients that you only speculate about. You do not know what you are talking about. You opine, I speak from solid experience. When you do some real research, you may discuss with me...maybe.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#295945 May 13, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> YOU'RE a nurse? I don't believe you. Food and water are not "unnatural" they are essential to keeping ALL of us alive. Terri was not given any extraordinary means to survive unnaturally". Had she been, then that a whole different story.
-sigh- Another one who doesn't bother to research a subject before bloviating. Go get educated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 59 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 1,579,374
News Boulder, Colo., police regain lead role in JonB... (Feb '09) 10 hr Tex- 1,668
josie torres makeup was born a man & is a ts 23 hr What 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Aug 14 America 21,045
News Moody's Warns State Budget Gridlock Could Make ... Aug 13 BPT 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Aug 8 Master Brain 63,942
Pro Boxing at Mohegan Sun - 10/05 Aug 8 JRotonda 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages