Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#295875 May 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you truly believe people AND animals have a soul???
*** News flash for the stupid.***

Humans are animals known as mammals.

Everything else in you post was spiritual jargon.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#295876 May 13, 2013

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#295877 May 13, 2013
I was in a coma for 8 days. They got no reaction to stimulus until that 8th day even though they stopped the ketamine a day before. It wasn't until I was already waking up that some moron did a sternum rub; evidently my response was not at all kind. But while comatose, I didn't feel a bloody thing. The neural system may register stimulus, but you can't feel pain without consciousness.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not exactly true in general. They routinely test for pain stimulus in coma. Etc.
it is one sign of progress or deterioration ..bottom of foot with sharp object..sternum with pressure..etc sometimes they react..
Also look for reaction of pupils.. sometimes not..No idea with TS

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#295878 May 13, 2013
"razzmatazz"AKA "oxygen thief"
I think you need to take a religion class or two or three.

oh yeah....no judgement there....
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#295879 May 13, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
In fifteen years..especially especially at the beginning..I am sure they did a lot more things to ACTIVELY save her life..but Can't find that info..maybe the saddest thing is they did too much..
Learned a lot from this discussion..and pray I am never in this situation or have to decide..
SHE is gone and as with so many things..the news hounds have moved on thankfully.REST in peace
What do you mean you "can't find that info"??

I supplied you with a link to sptimes this morning. That link includes a link to findlaw. Both of these sites have archived all the Terri Schiavo information. And of oourse, the findlaw site has the legal documents included. In those documents you will find out how she was treated upon her initial hospitalization.

There had been a document from that hospital out and about back in the day which may also be included in the legal documents.

I am completely flabbergasted I've offered you links twice and both times you claim not to've seen them. Am I to believe these posts didn't post?

Indianapolis

#295880 May 13, 2013
It's the uncertainty of death and loss, I think. I heard one person, at the funeral of their mother, ask how they could go on without her? What choice did they have?
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I think I've already shared my Dad's story: After a long, gentle decline, Alzheimer's finally took away his ability to swallow and a MRSA infection dealt the final blow. He had a very clear advance directive. Yes, he died of dehydration, finally. His mind was gone; his heart chugged on for several days until it didn't. His was a natural death. Too many people misuse modern medicine to keep their loved ones bodies alive, just because they can. I see this futility a lot. It's pathetic and heartbreaking.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#295881 May 13, 2013
"razzmatazz"
abortion is demonic and the pro choicers here are infested or close to it with demons,

THE STUPID IS STRONG IN THIS ONE,demons and shit...silly fundie
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#295882 May 13, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
rose's response to my post w/ link she says she didn't see.

offered this morning to rose for rose.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295883 May 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I was in a coma for 8 days. They got no reaction to stimulus until that 8th day even though they stopped the ketamine a day before. It wasn't until I was already waking up that some moron did a sternum rub; evidently my response was not at all kind. But while comatose, I didn't feel a bloody thing. The neural system may register stimulus, but you can't feel pain without consciousness.
<quoted text>
Well ketamine might account for that..But I have seen them on comatose..the patients may not know they feel it but they react or sometimes they don't.
And I can imagine the sternal rub would not elicit a pleasant response if the ketamine wore off..or if you came more aware. A LOT..

Thing is the spin is there..a person may not remember..but you don't react if don't feel.

I may be mistaken on ketamine but it kind of paralyzed you..that would be akin to a local where you don't feel..but just unconscious..no paralytic..you feel if you respond. If not something is really wrong..is why they do the test...to see how deep the coma is

I am surprised you were on ketamine for 8 days but maybe it was to PREVENT some pain in your coma..trauma??? Burn.

They do try to keep coma patients from suffering..
One reason for paralytic DURING SURGERY. while under anesthetic is they want to control breathing and don't WANT reaction to pain.

And sorry sorry for your ordeal
worships reality

United States

#295884 May 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
He is innocent of the murder unless you have incontrovertible proof that he did it. You have nothing but suspicions. That isnt proof of malfeasance, idiot.
<quoted text>
he was not found innocent. he was found not guilty.

and that is not what I asked you, idiot. let's try this again...
can you say definitively that he did nothing illegal based on the "not guilty" verdict?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295885 May 13, 2013
CPTER

O k not exactly a paralytic. But if you were on it for 8 days..they wanted you out and not registering pain for sure
IF THAT WAS THE CASE..had they not given it to you..unconscious or not you would have felt probably a whole lot of pain.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295886 May 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean you "can't find that info"??
I supplied you with a link to sptimes this morning. That link includes a link to findlaw. Both of these sites have archived all the Terri Schiavo information. And of oourse, the findlaw site has the legal documents included. In those documents you will find out how she was treated upon her initial hospitalization.
There had been a document from that hospital out and about back in the day which may also be included in the legal documents.
I am completely flabbergasted I've offered you links twice and both times you claim not to've seen them. Am I to believe these posts didn't post?
Katie.

Please calm down I just went back 7 hours and found the link.
BEEN going on and off most of the day AND DID NOT SEE IT..

Will read I PROMISE..I would not have asked if I didn't want to see it!!
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295887 May 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/new s/abortion/T833PCEP80MM49OU9/p 13901#c295715
rose's response to my post w/ link she says she didn't see.
offered this morning to rose for rose.
Should have read down saved me some time.

I MISSED IT..SORRY. I wiLL READ IT..BEEN Looking for it.
NOT CRAZY yet to specifically ASK for something I DON'T WANT TO SEE.

I really wanted to know about early care..If this helps I thank you..
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#295889 May 13, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie.
Please calm down I just went back 7 hours and found the link.
BEEN going on and off most of the day AND DID NOT SEE IT..
Will read I PROMISE..I would not have asked if I didn't want to see it!!
"Calm down"??

This would not be the first time posts did not show up.

It hurts nothing to be sure posts are showing up. Especially those that don't break TOS.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#295891 May 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
It's the uncertainty of death and loss, I think. I heard one person, at the funeral of their mother, ask how they could go on without her? What choice did they have?
<quoted text>
Yes, I understand this, of course. However, as an advocate for the patient, I must be more concerned with the wasting body and skin of my charge than the angst of the family.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295892 May 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Calm down"??
This would not be the first time posts did not show up.
It hurts nothing to be sure posts are showing up. Especially those that don't break TOS.
Exactly..and I appreciate the effort..but you said you were flabbergasted..I was not ignoring you really.

Ok I have read the best on on there about the early years.
My latest posts have been about that period before the controversy.

He obviously tried to get a better result. I said I had learned a lot.

He did get 300 for himself. Along with the 700 thou for her care.

BUT my main question is still the same. SHE was with no oxygen for 5 minutes..the brain does not recover if it was that long.
BEFORE all the controversy..in the hospital..not hospice.

DID she have a DNR. DID she code. What lifeSAVING,procedures were done during that time that should maybe NOT have been..If this was her wishes not to have heroics..I'm not saying he was wrong to try to save her..But maybe they should..If that was her wish given her only palliative care. AT the beginning..before the lawsuit..etc..Maybe she would have quietly passed earlier..those questions ..well we don't know about the day to day in that hospital..they are medical records so we probably won't..and nothing was in dispute at the time..so they very well may have used heroics since at the time BOTH sides were trying to SAVE her....

As I said I have learned a lot from this thread.. and very sad story

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#295893 May 13, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw way it can be as simple as s person calling out yo God on his deathbed..Or s life in which salvation hopefully shines through with good works..Buy it is the FAITH that saved..NOT THE WORKS..
SOME RELIGIONS teach it differently....but this is how most Christians believe. THE RCC teaches it a bit differently but basically the same message. NO SIN IS TOO GREAT!!!
So contradictory, from one worshiper to another...one says 'faith without works is dead', and one says 'works don't matter it's the faith that counts', and one says you WILL go to hell for (insert 'whatever it is that person disapproves of' here _______), and one says God forgave Hitler, Stalin, Mengele, Idi Amin, if they but asked Him to, and one says the first half of the Bible is what's important, while another says the second half pretty much replaces the first one, and one says 'predestination' and one says 'all souls have a shot at Heaven'....it just goes on...and on....and on....

I'll keep my own beliefs, thanks...seems to be working for each of you....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#295894 May 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you truly believe people AND animals have a soul???
I believe if there are souls at all, that every breathing creature, whether animal or vegetable, has one...and that it may be possible that the earth itself has one too.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet pitbulls that kill other animals go to the same doggy heaven as the little cute house pups?
Please don't tell me you think 'cute little pitbull pups' are born to become ravening beasts. I've raised several pits - if they are raised with love, and not rewarded for aggressive behavior (or killed for not exhibiting same) they are some of the best dogs ever bred. Any dog trained to fight, will fight - pits just happen to be really smart, and learn quickly.

If there is an afterlife, and heaven exists, my dogs are more likely to be there than I am... because they know more about the creator than we ever will.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler, and many other evil men go to the same place as folks who never harmed a fly?
Ask Rose - she's a Christian, and she says all they had to do was ask for forgiveness, and they get a condo in the same heaven as Albert Schwietzer and Jonas Salk.

Indianapolis

#295895 May 13, 2013
They induced in order to put me on a respirator; by the time I got to the hospital, I was nearly dead.

A comatose person may react to stimulus but that's not the same as pain. The thing is that I have distinct memories--dreams--but had no concept of an outside world. They did tests but there was no physical response to anything. I obviously don't remember, but my ex, who acted as my guardian, is a CNA and watched whatever they did.

The coma wasn't really an ordeal--at least, not to me. The hardest part was having to relearn things like typing that I lost due to damage caused during the process.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ketamine might account for that..But I have seen them on comatose..the patients may not know they feel it but they react or sometimes they don't.
And I can imagine the sternal rub would not elicit a pleasant response if the ketamine wore off..or if you came more aware. A LOT..
Thing is the spin is there..a person may not remember..but you don't react if don't feel.
I may be mistaken on ketamine but it kind of paralyzed you..that would be akin to a local where you don't feel..but just unconscious..no paralytic..you feel if you respond. If not something is really wrong..is why they do the test...to see how deep the coma is
I am surprised you were on ketamine for 8 days but maybe it was to PREVENT some pain in your coma..trauma??? Burn.
They do try to keep coma patients from suffering..
One reason for paralytic DURING SURGERY. while under anesthetic is they want to control breathing and don't WANT reaction to pain.
And sorry sorry for your ordeal

Indianapolis

#295896 May 13, 2013
Yes, because you can't prove he did anything to the contrary.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
he was not found innocent. he was found not guilty.
and that is not what I asked you, idiot. let's try this again...
can you say definitively that he did nothing illegal based on the "not guilty" verdict?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 57 min Henry 1,405,041
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 60,662
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 hr Ize Found 70,836
Woman Stabbed, Man Shot Within Hours Of One Ano... (Aug '09) 17 hr TorresHtfdCt 95
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) 20 hr Chaimpie 93
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 21 hr stupid republicans 20,391
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Tue silly rabbit 81

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages