Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 316313 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Tacoma, WA

#295792 May 12, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry rose, this is simply 100% untrue.
Breathing is a function of the brain stem. My mom's brain function stopped on day 6, but she didn't die until day 14, the rest of her systems simply didn't shut down, including that of her brain stem.
<quoted text>
As someone that's sat with a dying loved one who's been taken off ANH (artifical nutrition and hydration) twice, its not cruel at all, its shockingly peaceful. Havent you ever known someone that's had cancer or something, and lost their appetites, stopped eating and drinking? Especially in the final week or weeks? Its not cruel, its something that's perfectly normal.
Like I said in a prior post, its harder on those of use watching than on the person its happening to.
<quoted text> You're right, and that money was in a trust htat was used for her care. That money ran out a few years in.
<quoted text>
WHY? Why should he do that? People tried to convince my father to divorce my mother so he wouldn't have to impoverish himself through the medicare laws, and so he wouldnt go broke. If he'd have divorced my mom, the government would have taken over payment for her care.
Would you want your husband to divorce you and not fight for what he KNOWS you'd want him to do for you regarding your end of life decisions?
Anyone married to someone like Michael - that would stand up to the kinds of things he had to stand up to, death threats, idiots that threatened to kidnap his children until he "let terri go", there are actually people in JAIL for trying to harm him or his children,- heck Katie and I were on a forum where a woman threatened him and the judge in the case. It was reported to the FBI by a few of us, and she was arrested and that I know of, she's STILL in jail. ANother case was a man that was caught breaking into a gun shop a few miles from Michael's house, and the guy told the cops he was going to kill Michael.
.... and despite all this, he STILL stood up for what he KNEW his wife wanted.
The EASY thing would have been for him to say "fuck it" and walk away. He didn't. He did the RIGHT thing.
<quoted text>
Rose, I mean NO disrespect - please know that. But read this carefully -
IT WASN'T ABOUT THOSE THAT WANTED HER TO LIVE.
IT WAS ABOUT WHAT ***SHE*** WANTED.
And that's what it should ALWAYS be about.
Most excellent points! When I was looking for an article following the release of Terri's autopsy, I saw the Schindlers are still writing their skewed perspectives of Terri's situation. One as recent as last February even. And they're still asking for donations. Can you believe it?!

I hadn't thought of that nutjob on the boards for years now, Foo. How crazy was that?! And they yanked her posts then and there, but I think a few had C&Ped them and passed them around, iirc.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295793 May 12, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, I'm very much with you on the idea that the pro-choice side could advocate for public service announcements detailing what happens in an abortion, what happens before and during pregnancy, what childbirth entails, what it's like to have responsibility for a newborn, toddler, etc....and lauding birth control. Pro-choice agrees - and NARAL has attempted to float similar PSA's many times. You know who stands in the way of those PSA's? I'll tell you: so-called 'conservatives' who own the media outlets. They don't want sex education in schools, and they are assuredly not going to accede to sex education on the radio and tv. Doesn't garner a lot of advertising support either - and media is a business too.
Meanwhile, the SCPL faction puts up billboards that say "BIRTH CONTROL KILLS", and the like. "BC - Get the facts" for example, is a SCPL campaign, which relies on spreading ideas such as "...using birth control leads to cancer...", and that "..having children is beneficial to women..." not to mention "...abortion is a sin..."
And the SCPL is also involved heavily in the 'Crisis Pregnancy Centers' which are not geared toward 'informed consent', or prenatal care, but mainly toward placing infants with the highest bidder, among the religious congregations who provide the balance of donations to the Centers.
And here's the kicker: the CPC's are subsidized by the Federal Government, which the same bunch of folks has successfully lobbied to cease subsidy to Planned Parenthood... the primary providers of contraception, pre-natal care, and preventive testing for those most likely to become unintentionally pregnant (low income women)- none of which is offered by the CPC's.
But as any behavioral therapist will tell you: Positive reinforcement works better than the negative kind, for getting folks to do what is desired of them. So the social safety net works as an incentive not to abort, better than the misinformation and disinformation tactics promoted by the SCPL...
So far, the approach advocated by so-called 'pro-life' folks isn't working too well. And the media movers and shakers who could assist PC in getting the word out, are absolutely opposed to doing so.
WELL lol a few things but glad we agree on concept. CBS HAS a show which at 830 Shows a aggressions in bed so they are not shy.
The nbc networks are anything but conservative.

I gave support to one CPC. They did not do adoptions..mostly did try to dispense info and support for girls caught in crisis. I gave clothes..a protective..visited one office ..full of baby and mom stuff and yes they were biased financing the baby. I LOOKED them up in yellow pages. In no way did they falsely advertise or give the impression they did abortions (this has come up before) if you call they do not purport to do abortions. I BECAME email friends with the director..
Anyway point is CPCs are not bad places..Or not the one I know. They don't notice the woman if she decides to take another route..
Actually had contact with 2 of them ..wrote up account Of mY pregnancy
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#295794 May 12, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, I'm very much with you on the idea that the pro-choice side could advocate for public service announcements detailing what happens in an abortion, what happens before and during pregnancy, what childbirth entails, what it's like to have responsibility for a newborn, toddler, etc....and lauding birth control. Pro-choice agrees - and NARAL has attempted to float similar PSA's many times. You know who stands in the way of those PSA's? I'll tell you: so-called 'conservatives' who own the media outlets. They don't want sex education in schools, and they are assuredly not going to accede to sex education on the radio and tv. Doesn't garner a lot of advertising support either - and media is a business too.
Meanwhile, the SCPL faction puts up billboards that say "BIRTH CONTROL KILLS", and the like. "BC - Get the facts" for example, is a SCPL campaign, which relies on spreading ideas such as "...using birth control leads to cancer...", and that "..having children is beneficial to women..." not to mention "...abortion is a sin..."
And the SCPL is also involved heavily in the 'Crisis Pregnancy Centers' which are not geared toward 'informed consent', or prenatal care, but mainly toward placing infants with the highest bidder, among the religious congregations who provide the balance of donations to the Centers.
And here's the kicker: the CPC's are subsidized by the Federal Government, which the same bunch of folks has successfully lobbied to cease subsidy to Planned Parenthood... the primary providers of contraception, pre-natal care, and preventive testing for those most likely to become unintentionally pregnant (low income women)- none of which is offered by the CPC's.
But as any behavioral therapist will tell you: Positive reinforcement works better than the negative kind, for getting folks to do what is desired of them. So the social safety net works as an incentive not to abort, better than the misinformation and disinformation tactics promoted by the SCPL...
So far, the approach advocated by so-called 'pro-life' folks isn't working too well. And the media movers and shakers who could assist PC in getting the word out, are absolutely opposed to doing so.
The PLM's methods seem counter-productive to teaching healthy concepts of reproductive education and all it entails. It's scary to see it all listed in one place. Am glad you did, though.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295795 May 12, 2013
To continue which precluding let me..if they are trying..Good. But those PSA from gov and others should be as frequent as the smoking ones. IMO
AND BITH sides should be for them..And let some of these orgs pay for or do internet videos or Ads.
Not all conservatives are against prevention.

All these ads we see on all these sites..BC BC BC..PREVENT STDS ETC
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295796 May 12, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> Only the extremist press, the fools like Rush Limpballs. The mainstream press at the time was trying to make it very clear she was NOT going to starve. Then you had the idiot parents telling people to send canned fruit to the hospice, they arrested a bunch of fools that were going to try to break in and force feed her.@@
<quoted text>
I din't read the whole thing, just choice posts LOL
And yes, it was, but it was okay too - she's in a better place.
And I DO get what you are saying about letting her go when it first happened, but THEN you'd have people saying he let her go without trying. He'd be dammed if he did and dammed if he didn't y'know?.
15 years before.? Probably not a blip on the radar. Go in and due .sad but not a story.

And I admit I Saud a prayer for her but did not follow the story that closely .Mostly nightly news. About 10 min.

I get too worked up to watch too much. On things like Gosnell watch at 5''no Ness on CAN. Watch on Fox to see if anything..No verdict yet..Watch sitcoms.Or reruns of SvU..lol

And was regular press too..
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295797 May 12, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL lol a few things but glad we agree on concept. CBS HAS a show which at 830 Shows a aggressions in bed so they are not shy.
The nbc networks are anything but conservative.
I gave support to one CPC. They did not do adoptions..mostly did try to dispense info and support for girls caught in crisis. I gave clothes..a protective..visited one office ..full of baby and mom stuff and yes they were biased financing the baby. I LOOKED them up in yellow pages. In no way did they falsely advertise or give the impression they did abortions (this has come up before) if you call they do not purport to do abortions. I BECAME email friends with the director..
Anyway point is CPCs are not bad places..Or not the one I know. They don't notice the woman if she decides to take another route..
Actually had contact with 2 of them ..wrote up account Of mY pregnancy
UGH
Spell check.
They don't hogtie the woman..if she CHOOSES TO LEAVE

THEY are biased towards having not financing.Lol

The 8 30 program showed a 3 some in bed not aggression.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#295799 May 12, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
UGH
Spell check.
They don't hogtie the woman..if she CHOOSES TO LEAVE
THEY are biased towards having not financing.Lol
The 8 30 program showed a 3 some in bed not aggression.
But it didn't show the women (and I'm guessing it was two women and a man, not the other way 'round...) getting unintentionally pregnant, or the man applying a condom, or the wicked case of crabs they passed back and forth....I'm guessing...

The sex itself sells sure...it's the unpleasant bits that impede advertising dollars.....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#295801 May 12, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.canes. like with the tops and compartments??
Some of them, yes. I have sterling handled ones, a prohabition cane where you unscrew the top and there's a long thin glass flask with two tiny glasses in it, that one is from the 1920's, I have a horse measuring cane that men used to use to measure the horses, its got a long thin ruler INSIDE that slides out, and an artists cane, where you unscrew the top and there's pens and pencils in there. I love the history of these things! I'm hoping to get one next week made around the turn of the century by sailors out of shark's vertebrae, very cool!
And my kid went to school in Philly for a year..came back to Fla..she was so far away..
Said it was almost like a different world.
It's great when they come home!!!!!
Yes, it truly is! We dont see her enough anymore!

Location hidden

#295803 May 12, 2013
The Exterminator 6 wrote:
<quoted text>Planned Parenthood teaches children, boys and girls, to engage in gay sex under the disguise of it being safe sex. The whole design is to destroy kids and no better way that with gay issues. How about CPS, who admitted that they have ignored reports of gay men and lesbians abusing children for fear of being labeled homophobes? The result has been children, 2, 1 and even 3 months old being raped and pimped to gays for sex. How about the California law which allows a 13 year old girl to get an abortion without telling her parents. Have sex without consent, then consent to an abortion.
WTF is THIS idiot babbling about???

I swear, this thread attracts more whackjobs like this idiot.

Location hidden

#295804 May 12, 2013
<quoted text>Planned Parenthood teaches children, boys and girls, to engage in gay sex under the disguise of it being safe sex. The whole design is to destroy kids and no better way that with gay issues. How about CPS, who admitted that they have ignored reports of gay men and lesbians abusing children for fear of being labeled homophobes? The result has been children, 2, 1 and even 3 months old being raped and pimped to gays for sex. How about the California law which allows a 13 year old girl to get an abortion without telling her parents. Have sex without consent, then consent to an abortion.
ROFLMAO! Wait a minute, "joined an hour ago". Knutbar, is that you? This IS reminiscent of one of your bullshit rants.....

Oh well. G'nite everyone!
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295805 May 12, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
When Terri first collapsed, she was resuscitated. They worked on her for 45 minutes. She was without oxygen about 7 minutes. Low oxygen during that 45-minute period.
They brought her to the hospital. She was in a coma for a while. At some point she was no longer considered in a coma, but she hadn't exactly woke up either. The extent of her brain damage was not showing up yet in the CT scans. Your brain doesn't liquefy instantaneously.
It was during this time they removed the vent. And she breathed on her own.
Mr. Schiavo was young. He loved his wife. He had a lot of hope. False hope, maybe. He worked toward medical miracles, not a one was forthcoming. Even though he tried experimental treatment. Even though he persuaded neurology to continue therapy on her. None of it worked. Physicians had to keep telling him nothing was working. No matter how badly he wanted Terri to improve, she wasn't going to. And he had to learn to accept that.
Part of accepting it was accepting what Terri wanted for herself. Or didn't want. And she didn't want to be kept, maintained, in an incapacitated state.
I don't know what you've read, but I linked a very thorough article for you to read regarding her autopsy results and the circumstances surrounding her collapse and the intervening years. It's pretty obvious you didn't read it, though.
Didn't see your link. Read a couple of articles mostly on the controversy. I try to usexwikipedia. As I don't think it is PC or PL Am in the middle if autopsy report. Foo posted
It sounds like from all of this. There was a lot mire to both sides than the headlines and no easy answers. It was the thought of starvation that got to me
One of the posters or articles talked about infections or something and other life saving measures during the years..They should have just NOT made her better. Long before controversy.Imo.
Wonder if she ever coded. Was there a d n r. In early years. SHOULD HAVE BEEN. IF ThAT WAS WAS her wish
The lawsuit against gyn was also odd. If her husband and family did not know about bulimia .shouldn't they have before a sometime doc ..
The hardest patients we worked on..one reason I quit. Are the drowned kids. Nit brain dead so they could not Dc them from vent ..in the 70s..but never had any hope either.
EX HUBBYS DAUGHTER had croup. She went off life support but never got better. SEVERE brain damage. But she could move and eat barely. Live a lit if years.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295806 May 12, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> Some of them, yes. I have sterling handled ones, a prohabition cane where you unscrew the top and there's a long thin glass flask with two tiny glasses in it, that one is from the 1920's, I have a horse measuring cane that men used to use to measure the horses, its got a long thin ruler INSIDE that slides out, and an artists cane, where you unscrew the top and there's pens and pencils in there. I love the history of these things! I'm hoping to get one next week made around the turn of the century by sailors out of shark's vertebrae, very cool!
<quoted text>Yes, it truly is! We dont see her enough anymore!
Never even thought about canes..except one episode of House..he goes to a store that specializes and gets a very old one..cool

I have an old hand carved carved German kitchen..and collected these bear figurines scenes for a while ..but nothing so intersting
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295807 May 12, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>But it didn't show the women (and I'm guessing it was two women and a man, not the other way 'round...) getting unintentionally pregnant, or the man applying a condom, or the wicked case of crabs they passed back and forth....I'm guessing...
The sex itself sells sure...it's the unpleasant bits that impede advertising dollars.....
Actually 2 men..but no not graphic.. able shows could make ads
now talk about crazy..on like TNT a commercial for pregnancy test..says per on a stick..same ad on network would not say per. Forget how they said it..
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#295808 May 12, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The original settlement portion went to him regardless of medical status; the majority of it went to her care as well. The settlement ran out long before he tried to put her to rest.
She was a little big to incubate...I think you meant "intubate." (damn madame kindle...) She had a feeding tube. She had no consciousness; she could not suffer.
<quoted text>
You may be the ,Queen of the Ball, and grate at trolling for twinks but you have no way of knowing what she felt.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#295809 May 12, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>She died from dehydration not starvation.
When you stop feeding the body you die from dehydration due to not receiving food or water, you dumb proabortion and pro death pagan.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295810 May 12, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
When Terri first collapsed, she was resuscitated. They worked on her for 45 minutes. She was without oxygen about 7 minutes. Low oxygen during that 45-minute period.
They brought her to the hospital. She was in a coma for a while. At some point she was no longer considered in a coma, but she hadn't exactly woke up either. The extent of her brain damage was not showing up yet in the CT scans. Your brain doesn't liquefy instantaneously.
It was during this time they removed the vent. And she breathed on her own.
Mr. Schiavo was young. He loved his wife. He had a lot of hope. False hope, maybe. He worked toward medical miracles, not a one was forthcoming. Even though he tried experimental treatment. Even though he persuaded neurology to continue therapy on her. None of it worked. Physicians had to keep telling him nothing was working. No matter how badly he wanted Terri to improve, she wasn't going to. And he had to learn to accept that.
Part of accepting it was accepting what Terri wanted for herself. Or didn't want. And she didn't want to be kept, maintained, in an incapacitated state.
I don't know what you've read, but I linked a very thorough article for you to read regarding her autopsy results and the circumstances surrounding her collapse and the intervening years. It's pretty obvious you didn't read it, though.
Ok can't find in autopsy..can you repost on articles about how long and how many times she was on ventilator..did she ever code..was there a fine..Talking about at hospital..assuming no d n r at hospice..

My point is still could he have let her go earlier before law suit suit and publicity..
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#295811 May 12, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>My oldest sister died in 2007. She was 51, on a vent, organs failing one by one and unconscious. She got a C diff infection on top of everything and the medications she was being given were not being metabolized because of the C diff so she was dying, just very slowly. Her daughter decided to take her off the vent which was fine, everyone else agreed it was best. Killed me to see my mother crying like that ya know? Took about 10 minutes and she just stopped breathing. It's a beautiful death.
Only a pagan from the culture of death could speak of a beautiful death.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#295812 May 12, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a pagan from the culture of death could speak of a beautiful death.
What about St Stephen..his demeanor not the stoning
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#295817 May 12, 2013
You are so right. Be prepared for the lesbian and homo proabortion pagans to attack you for telling it like it is.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#295818 May 12, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is THIS idiot babbling about???
I swear, this thread attracts more whackjobs like this idiot.
He has you and the other proabortion pagans pegged, you faux Jew lezbo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Jacques Ottawa-O... 1,580,725
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Well Well 21,050
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 hr Beams 63,943
News Boulder, Colo., police regain lead role in JonB... (Feb '09) Aug 16 Tex- 1,668
josie torres makeup was born a man & is a ts Aug 16 What 2
News Moody's Warns State Budget Gridlock Could Make ... Aug 13 BPT 3
News MySpace `Predator' Gets 20-Year Prison Sentence... (Jul '07) Apr '17 Paul Kersey 14

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages